Anal warts are one of the most dangerous social diseases. It may threaten the health, fertility, or even the life of patients. There are several major causes of this disease. Its symptoms should also be identified early and clearly to treat it properly. Anal warts are a very dangerous disease, but not everyone has the knowledge about the causes, symptoms, consequence, and the way to prevent or treat it. So, we write this article to help you. Please do not miss all the information below. They are all very important.
- 15 Best Natural Home Remedies For Anal Itching
- 17 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Vaginal Odor Naturally At Home
- 21 Natural Home Remedies For Vaginal Discharge (Leucorrhoea) Odor
What Are Anal Warts?
Genital warts are characterized by the growth of contagious, fleshy warts in the anal or genital area. They are considered the most common type of sexually transmitted infection. The disease is caused by many different causes, in which unprotected sex is the leading cause. It may happen in both men and women. The disease is caused by the the Human papillomavirus (HPV). It is a papillomavirus primarily in mucous membranes, such as genitals, mouth, eyes, and anus. HPV has more than 100 different strains, including viral strains that are strictly related to uncontrolled proliferation of cells (also called cancer). This disease is very easy to relapse.
Anal warts have a relatively long incubation period, usually 2 to 9 months. During the incubation period, the disease usually does not show any obvious signs. After the incubation period, the mucous membranes of the skin infected by the HPV virus will appear as nodules that look like strawberries, cauliflowers, or chicken crests. They may appear in single wart or clusters. During incubation, the disease may still infect the others. If it occurs in women, the disease may cause some very uncomfortable symptoms such as vulvar and vaginal itching.
Anal warts are especially dangerous for women because when the nodules grow large, they may block the reproductive tract. This causes pregnant women to have a cesarean. More dangerously, anal warts may infect the baby if she or he is born through the vagina. Studies have found a close relationship between HPV and cancer (mainly cervical cancer and penile cancer).
What Are Common Causes Of Anal Warts?
The disease is caused by the Human papillomavirus (HPV). The disease may be transmitted from person to person through the following causes:
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
- Sexual Intercourse
Sexual intercourse is the primary cause of anal warts in men and women. Through sexual intercourse, scratches in the mucous membranes of the genital may provide an opportunity for infection from one person to another. Other forms of sexual relations, such as oral sex or anal sex, are also responsible for the spread of infection.
Some items, such as bath towels, toilet bowls, door handles, shaving heads, and toothbrushes, may be the intermediate to spread the disease. When exposed to parts of the body that contain the virus causing anal warts, these items may carry a virus. When other people use these items, they are very susceptible to infection. In particular, in humid conditions, the HPV virus survives for a long time and may easily infect the others.
- Mother-To-Child Transmission
According to experts, if pregnant women suffer from anal warts, they should not choose conventional birth methods. The reason is that when the fetus passes through the mother’s vagina, she or he can swallow the HPV virus or get the virus through the thin mucous membrane. From there, it may be possible to develop anal warts in the newborn. In addition, during the neonatal care process such as breastfeeding, hugging, kissing, and other close contacts, patients may infect their baby.
- Open Wounds
Open wounds in organs containing the HPV virus, such as the genitals, eyes, mouth, or anus, may become a source of anal warts. As a result, when you have contact with other people with open wounds that are infected with the anal warts virus and then you accidentally touch your wound or sensitive skin areas, you are more likely to get this disease. Therefore, you should use personal protective equipment when exposing to open wounds of the others to protect yourself.
In addition to the above causes, the disease is also transmitted through blood due to needle sharing when you have voluntary blood donation or drug injection. In addition, getting blood from an infected person is also one of the causes.
- Weakened Immune System
People who have a weakened immune system are more likely to develop anal warts than the others. In particular, the HPV virus may go away on its own within 18 months in people with a healthy immune system
What Are Common Symptoms Of Anal Warts?
The incubation period of anal warts is approximately 2 – 9 months. Depending on the body characteristics and development of the virus, patients will develop the symptoms below:
- Initially, there are very small tumors (only 1-2 mm) in the genitals of patients. They are light pink, soft, and moist. They do not cause itching or pain in the genitals. After a while, they develop into large skin areas that look like cauliflower or chicken crepes. They may even be up to several centimeters in size. If you press on them, you will see that they produce a lot of pus, which has a foul odor.
- In men, symptoms of anal warts usually appear in the urethra, foreskin, penis, or groin. In females, these symptoms usually appear in the vulva, vagina, or cervix.
- Although anal warts do not cause pain and itching, the warts are very vulnerable. They are prone to scratches, causing gynecological infections or meningitis.
- Vaginal secretions (in women) and urethritis (in men) are secreted a lot. They may have a foul odor.
- In addition, patients may also experience some symptoms, such as high fever, body fatigue, and anorexia. Besides, they also do not want to have sex.
You may experience other symptoms. If you have any questions about the symptoms of the disease, please consult your doctor for more information.
Who Is At High Risk Of This Disease?
The characteristics of anal warts are easy to relapse and difficult to be treated thoroughly. Therefore, it is very difficult to prevent and treat it without the knowledge of the disease. People without knowledge of the disease, and those who have unprotected sex with multiple people are at a higher risk of getting the disease. You can control this disease by minimizing the risk factors. Please talk to your doctor for more information.
When To See A Doctor?
As soon as you notice the symptoms of the disease, you should see a doctor for a direct examination. In addition, if you follow home treatments for a long time without any positive results, see your doctor as the disease may cause some serious complications. Although this is a social disease, do not be afraid to seek medical help to protect your health and your life.
There, you have discovered some information about anal warts. It is a very dangerous disease. It may cause some unwanted complications. Therefore, it is very necessary to treat it soon. It is time to find out the best natural home remedies for anal warts treatment.
Top 22 Natural & Effective Home Remedies For Anal Warts
This is the first remedy in this list of home remedies for anal warts treatment that we want to mention in this article. Potato contains a large number of vitamins (vitamin A, B, &C,) iron, calcium, potassium, etc. In a recent study, researchers at the University of Manchester (UK) have shown that potato contains a lot of unique antimicrobials which may cure ulcers and skin lesions caused by HPV virus. In addition, some newspapers say that for patients infected with HPV types 16 and 18, the use of potatoes also helps fight cancer very well, since an average of 148g potatoes is available 26g of carbohydrates that are a very healthy starch.
- Apply a little potato juice to your anal warts for 10- 20 minutes and then rinse your skin with warm water. You can also apply some potato slices to your skin. Follow this method for a month.
This remedy works well in the initial stage of anal warts. It cannot kill the HPV virus definitively. Therefore, if patients feel fatigued, this illness may relapse and cause many inconveniences for patients.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Among home remedies for anal warts treatment, using apple cinder vinegar is one of the most effective. Apple cider vinegar includes proteins, acids, enzymes, amino acids, vitamin K, Ca, Mg, Cu, etc. It also contains malic acid that is a potent antiviral and antifungal agent. Due to the powerful antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar, it is used to treat anal warts effectively.
Vinegar is a weak acid, having from 4-8% acetic acid. However, even weak acids could also trigger chemical burns. Thus, you should be careful when applying apple cider vinegar directly to your skin. You may feel a burning sensation and mild irritation. In case you experience lots of pain, and the burning sensation worsens over time, you should stop using this ingredient and rinse the area with fresh water.
Method 1: Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Rinse your anal wart areas cleanly.
- Use a soft towel to dip into the apple cider vinegar and then slowly apply it to your anal wart areas.
- Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse your skin with cold water.
You can follow this method 2-3 times a day for the best result. Besides, you can also drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar once a day.
Method 2: Apple Cider Vinegar And Banana Peel
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and the peel of a banana
- Rinse the peel of banana and let it dry.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the banana peel and grind them.
- Put them into the refrigerator for about 3-5 minutes and slowly apply it to your anal warts.
- Leave for 10 minutes and rinse your skin with water.
You can repeat this method 1 to 2 times a day for the best results.
- Do not apply apple cider vinegar to open wounds or to your neck and face
- Do not use apple cider vinegar on genital warts because this type of warts should be treated by a professional.
- Sometimes, there are allergic reactions when using apple cider vinegar, which are a rash or hives, dizziness, difficulty in breathing, and fast heartbeat.
3. Banana Peel
Banana peels are rich in vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, essential nutrients, and carbohydrates, as well as magnesium and potassium. If sugar levels in your body are low, you can eat banana peels. It also contains fiber and protein. Banana peel contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities. Therefore, rubbing a banana peel on the sores of the body will help to relieve pain. Besides, you can use the banana peel as a treatment of anal warts.
- Rub a banana peel on your skin with anal warts.
- Leave for 15 minutes and rinse your skin with water.
- Keep doing this remedy several times a day.
Note: Do not use green banana peels because this treatment works best with ripe bananas.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil could help you get rid of uncomfortable anal warts in a similar way as apple cider vinegar does. Castor oil is extracted from the castor seeds. It has been used to deal with some conditions such as hair loss, arthritis pain, skin conditions, migraines, and constipation. Castor oil might be used both externally and internally. For those with anal warts, the anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties of this oil may deal with this problem rapidly.
- Use a cotton ball to soak in castor oil
- Apply it to your affected area
- Leave it overnight and rinse it off in the morning
- Exfoliate your infected area with a sponge
- Repeat this routine regularly to let warts fall off
Or, mix castor oil with a small amount of baking soda to create a paste and then apply to the affected area to help eliminate warts.
5. Pineapple Juice
This is one of the effective remedies for anal warts you should try at home. The virus causing the disease could be weakened by the consumption of pineapple juice. Pineapple juice has an enzyme called bromelain that helps to remove all types of skin issues.
Soak a cotton ball into pineapple juice and then apply it to your affected area. Wait for a few minutes and rinse it off.
6. Grapefruit Seed Extract
Being a citrus fruit, grapefruit is acidic in nature, and it contains a lot of antioxidants. This fruit is great at boosting the immune system due to its high content of vitamin C. Besides, thanks to the antimicrobial property of the seed extract, it helps to avoid skin infections.
- You just need to take grapefruit seed extract and then apply it to your anal warts.
- Use a bandage to cover it and let it dry naturally.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has Eucalyptol 42-52% that is capable of antiseptic and expectorant. With its properties, Eucalyptol is often used as an ingredient in cough medicine, mouthwash, and cosmetics. The α-Terpineol, with a concentration of 5-12% in tea tree oil, offers antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties. The antiviral components in tea tree oil help your body to fight the wart-causing virus. It is very effective and safe for external use. Another benefit of tea tree oil for anal wart removal is that after warts have fallen off, they will not leave any scar.
Method 1: Tea Tree Oil
- Dilute 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in 2-3 drops of water
- Apply this mixture to your infected area
- You needn’t rinse it off
- Apply this method twice per day
Method 2: Tea Tree Oil And Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix 1 drop each of tea tree oil and apple cider vinegar together, followed by 2 drops of water
- Use a bandage to cover it
- Change the bandage every 5-6 hours and repeat this method
The acidity of apple cider vinegar may help remove warts from the skin surface. Besides, thanks to the antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar combined with antiviral compounds of tea tree oil, this recipe has an amplified impact on the virus.
Method 3: Tea Tree Oil And Garlic
- Mix 2-4 drops of tea tree oil with a piece of garlic
- Apply this mixture to your affected area
- Use tape to secure the affected area
- Leave it on for 3-4 hours
- Repeat this routine twice per day for optimal results
Method 4: Tea Tree Oil And Baking Soda
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 8-10 drops of tea tree oil
- Put this mixture into half a cup of water
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it to your warts
- Allow it to dry naturally
- Avoid rinsing it in several hours
- Apply this method 2 times per day
Method 5: Tea Tree Oil And Coconut Oil
This recipe uses coconut oil or castor oil and tea tree oil. Both castor oil and coconut oil have antimicrobial effects . They may nourish your skin and help to heal the skin after warts have fallen off.
- Mix 1-2 drops of coconut oil (or castor oil) with 1 drop of tea tree oil
- Apply this mixture to your infected area
- Use this method 2 times per day for best results
- Avoid using castor oil for children.
- Check the quality of tea tree oil prior to purchasing. A number of cosmetic companies sell their tea tree oil that contains 90% soybean oil and just 10% pure tea tree oil. Of course, the effectiveness of this product is not guaranteed. Thus, you should choose a product with 100% tea tree oil content.
Garlic is very rich in allicin that helps fight the harmful virus and inhibit the growth of HPV virus. Allicin is also a natural antibiotic that may kill the HPV virus, but it is very friendly with beneficial bacteria in the intestinal tract. This is also the greatest advantage when you use garlic to treat anal warts. Garlic contains potent antiseptic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial in treating anal warts.
The garlic oil is also very rich in allicin, glucene, and phytonoxite. These substances may be used as one of the home remedies for anal warts thanks to its antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory characteristics. Therefore, it can be said that garlic is good medicine for patients with anal warts and a poor immune system.
Method 1: Only Garlic
- Rinse some garlic cloves and let it dry.
- Crush the garlic cloves and then apply it to your anal wart area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse your skin with water.
- Repeat the method about 1 week to get the best results.
Method 2: Garlic And Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare 3-4 garlic cloves and 20 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Rinse the garlic cloves and add it to apple cider vinegar.
- Leave for 2-3 days and have the water daily and crush the garlic cloves to apply it to your anal warts.
Method 3: Garlic And Vitamin E Oil
This method is useful for anal warts, oral warts, genital warts, and flat warts, but not for warts on face, hands, and feet.
- Extract the oil from a vitamin E oil capsule
- Apply it to your warts with a cotton ball
- Apply the crushed garlic clove to it
- Use a bandage to secure the area
- Repeat this routine twice per day for good results
Method 4: Garlic And Onion
- Mix the crushed onion and the crushed garlic at a ratio of 1:1
- Apply it to your warts
- Cover it with a bandage
- Wait for 2 days to remove it off and rinse it with water
- Repeat this routine a few times per day
If you can stand the irritation caused by the mixture, sprinkle some salt on this mixture.
Method 5: Garlic And Vaseline
- Put a thin layer of Vaseline on warts
- Apply the crushed garlic clove to it
- Use a bandage to secure and wait for 5 hours to remove it off
- Rinse it with water and let it dry
- Repeat this routine twice per day
9. Green Tea
This sounds strange when it comes to home remedies for anal warts treatment, but it is very effective. Green tea is very rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that are capable of reducing free radicals. Green tea is also rich in catechins. These catechins, especially EGCG and ECG, are other antioxidants that may inhibit the development of many bacteria including HPV virus. Therefore, green tea is one of the folk remedies for anal warts you should try.
- Prepare 2-3 leaves of green tea.
- Rinse the green tea and then grind them.
- Apply the mixture to warts and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse your skin with water.
You can also use a green tea bag to dip into hot water and then take the green tea. Let the bag cool and then apply it to your warts. Follow the method 2-3 times a day.
Using turmeric is one of the must-try home remedies for anal warts treatment. Turmeric provides many necessary nutrients for human health. It contains some vitamins such as vitamin K, E, and C, as well as other minerals. The main substance in turmeric is curcumin that has some medical activities such as anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties. Curcumin also has the ability to protect the body from HPV.
Moreover, curcumin is an antiviral agent, so it is able to fight against the influenza virus, Japanese encephalitis, Hepatitis C virus, Herpes Simplex virus, coxsackievirus, and human immunodeficiency virus. The topical use of turmeric may clear genital HPV infection. Therefore, turmeric is one of the best ways for you to cure anal warts effectively.
Method 1: Turmeric
- Prepare 1-2 slices of turmeric.
- Apply the slices of turmeric to anal wart area and then leave for 20 minutes.
- Take the turmeric off and then rinse your anal warts with warm water.
You can follow this method several times a day.
Method 2: Turmeric Powder And Honey
- Prepare 2-3 teaspoons of turmeric powders and 2-3 teaspoons of honey.
- Add turmeric powder to honey and then stir well until it forms a thick mixture.
- Use the mixture to eat 2 times a day.
According to research, onions have the effect of lowering cholesterol (blood fat). This helps improve the blood circulation. In addition, onion is a strong antiseptic and antibacterial agent. Onion contains a great deal of antimicrobial and antioxidant characteristics. Therefore, this is a great remedy that helps reduce the spread of HPV.
- Prepare 20 grams of onion and 2-3 teaspoons of salt.
- Rinse the onion and then grind it with a grinder.
- Take the juice of onion and add some salts to it.
- Stir it well and then apply the mixture to your anal wart area.
- You can do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
12. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains over 35 nutrients, vitamins, minerals, enzyme, sugar, compounds phenols, and amino acids. Therefore, it has many health benefits, including treating anal warts. Aloe Vera contains potent antioxidants that may fight free radicals in the body, causing health-related diseases and even cancer.
Aloe Vera contains eight types of enzymes that support the health of your digestive system. In particular, the enzymes in Aloe Vera will help reduce the amount of sugar and fatty substances in food. This means that it may support the digestion and improve the absorption of nutrients. One of these enzymes is lipase and protease that help to destroy food and support the digestion.
Aloe Vera contains up to 10 of the most important minerals for your skin. The main minerals include calcium, chromium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, and zinc. Aloe Vera contains a lot of other enzymes, including Kinase that may help relieve pain and inflammation. Kinase, another enzyme in aloe Vera, helps reduce dead tissue in wounds, making wounds heal faster. Due to its characteristics, aloe vera is known as an effective remedy for anal warts.
- Rinse off your skin and then apply the juice of Aloe Vera to your anal wart area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse your skin with warm water.
- Repeat this remedy every day for the best results.
- Eat more vegetables: Eat more vegetables may bring you a good condition to cure your anal warts. You can eat more vegetables such as kale, cabbage, cabbage, broccoli, etc. Eating more vegetables also has many other good effects on your health.
- Drink milk: Milk contains lactic acid that may help maintain the alignment of the cells in the stomach. Milk may also help lower cholesterol, increase the immune system, and fight cancer.
- Enhance the consumption of honey or royal jelly because they help increase the immunity of the body. They have the ability to regulate the body’s hormones and fight cancer.
- Regularly eat mushrooms: Mushrooms are very effective in boosting your immune system, which is necessary for patients with anal warts.
- Enhance the consumption of garlic: Garlic is helpful in boosting the body’s immune system, reducing blood pressure, reducing blood sugar, and fighting cancer. Garlic is a food that works well for patients with anal warts.
- Regularly eat tomatoes: Tomato contains a lot of vitamins so it may resist cell mutation. At the same time, tomatoes have great effects on the prevention and treatment of anal warts.
- Eat plenty of spinach: Spinach has the ability to increase body resistance and prevent anemia. This helps to support the anal warts treatment process very well.
- Enhance fresh fruits with high vitamin C content.
- Limit consumption of spicy foods, seafood, and processed foods as they are high in fat. The consumption of these foods will make harmful virus grow faster. This is not good for patients with anal warts.
- During treatment, patients should not have sex, especially anal sex.
- Do not share swimsuits, blankets, towels, and clothing with patients.
- Clean your anal daily. Do not wear too tight clothes.
These are home remedies for anal warts that we want to introduce to you in this article. Anal warts treatment requires patient perseverance. Therefore, you should not be too hasty. Choose some of the above home remedies and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article on Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.