What Is Immune System?
The function of immunity system is to protect the body against disease. This function must be proper so as to it can detect the germs such as viruses or parasites. Besides, the immune system must distinguish them from healthy tissues of the body.
Pathogens can quickly evolve and adapt, and thus it can avoid the detection and deactivation by the immune system. However, many defense mechanisms have evolved to identify and neutralize pathogens. Even simple single-celled organisms such as bacteria also have a primitive immune system in the form of protective enzymes (limited enzymes) which can resist against bacterial diseases .
Besides, there is a more sophisticated defense mechanism, including the ability to adapt over time to identify specific pathogens more effectively. Adaptive immunity (or gain) creates an immunity memory after an initial encounter with a specific pathogen, which leads to enhanced response to subsequent encounters with the same pathogen. This immunization is the basis of vaccination.
Immune system disorders can lead to autoimmune diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer. Immunodeficiency occurs as the immune system active is less than normal, leading to recurrent and life-threatening infections. In humans, immunodeficiency may be a result of a genetic disease such as acute immunodeficiency, HIV / AIDS-related illness, or the use of immunosuppressive drugs .
What Are Causes Of Immunodeficiency?
The primary cause of immunodeficiency is from heredity or genetics. The environmental factors become the second cause. A baby has symptom of immunodeficiency disorder after birth and its symptoms become more evidently in young children or adult. People call it as the primary cause of immunodeficiency.
The secondary immunodeficiency happens later as a result of using medicine to treat other disorders, such as diabetes or HIV. Other secondary causes of immunodeficiency disorders also can include chemotherapy, severe burns.
What Are Symptoms Of Immunodeficiency?
The common symptoms of immunodeficiency are as follows:
Other also can be the symptoms of immunodeficiency that it is not mentioned above. If you have any questions about the symptoms of the disease, let consult your doctor.
In order to treat immunodeficiency, you can use medicine. However, some simple methods as changing lifestyle or using some good home remedies can be used in order to boost the immune system. In this article, we would like to suggest you some tips based on 100% natural ingredient to strengthen your immunity. Therefore, don’t waste your time, let see our article “26 Natural Home Remedies To Boost Immunity In Toddlers & Adults” right now. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com. But, kindly arrange an appointment with your doctor to consult before using these remedies.
Top 26 Effective Home Remedies to Boost Immunity In Toddlers And Adults
There are a lot of published studies which found that garlic has functions to strengthen the immunity in body and includes properties of antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral activities. In addition, garlic contains allicin which is good at fighting/combating against infections. Especially, garlic is rich in vitamins C and minerals which help enhance the immunity in our bodies.
All you need to do is very simple as below:
- Use 2 cloves of garlic to eat daily
- You should eat them in early morning before eating any thing
- Put several cloves of garlic in soup or fried dishes
- Eat it every day.
Note: In order to use garlic safety help boost immunity, you should not use too much garlic. This can affect harmfully to the active substance.
Turmeric is rich in antioxidants, which are important for body and the immune system. This substance helps neutralize the free radicals as well as boost the immunity. In addition, turmeric contains curcumin which helps the immunity system operate precisely. In accordance with the research published in the journal PLOS ONE (Public Library of Science), curcumin has anti-inflammatory properties that supercharge the immunity.
When using turmeric daily, you will feel your health improved evidently .
The steps you can do to utilize turmeric for boosting your immunity are simple as follows:
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 cup of fresh milk
- Make warm the milk prepared above
- Put the turmeric powder into the cup of milk
- Add honey if you like
- Drink the mixture above once a day
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Add powder above in your hot soup
- Wait for several minutes until it become warm
- Use this way once to twice a day to help enhance immunity
- Add ½ teaspoon of of turmeric powder and a cup of hot water
- Put turmeric in the cup and stir it until powder is dissolved
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey
- Drink this twice a day as empty stomach
Note: You should ensure that having an appointment with your doctor to consult before using turmeric with purpose of boosting immunity
3. Probiotic Yogurt
Probiotic yogurt consists of friendly organisms, which have the ability to fight bacteria as well as strengthen your immune system. In addition, probiotic yogurt contains the substances that help reduce the infection. You should use this yogurt daily as a home remedy to support for treating immunodeficiency .
The steps you can do to utilize yogurt for supporting your immunodeficiency are really simple:
- Add probiotic yogurt into your drinks such as juice, …
- Drink it twice ~3 time every day
- Drink probiotic yogurt before eating
- Use this way once a day , you will feel your immunity is improved more evidently
Lemons are rich in Vitamin C which plays an important role in increasing the immunity in the body. That is why this fruit is listed in our series of home remedies to boost immunity. Vitamin C supports to strengthen function of blood cells; therefore, it helps find infection quickly. Besides, the components of lemon can remove any accumulated toxins which cause infections in your body. We will share you some simple methods to boost the immunity.
Here is an easy suggestion for you to do:
- Prepare fresh lemon, water
- Take 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Put it into a glass of warm water
- Use a little honey to taste
- Drink it before eating around 30 minutes
- This way will obtain the highest effectively if you do it every morning
- Prepare lemon, garlic and honey
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 1 clove of garlic and 1 teaspoon honey
- Chop the garlic up and mix it with the lemon juice and honey.
- Drink this mixture in the morning
- You should use this drinks every day in the morning before eating any thing
- Prepare lemon, water, honey and ginger
- Put 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into a cup of water
- Slice 1 branch of ginger and add it in the cup above
- Add honey to taste
- Use this way once a day as empty stomach
5. Green Tea
In order to boost immunity in the body, you can use green tea as a home remedy. Green tea consists of antioxidants and thyroid- mediated supplement which help protect the body from toxins. Several studies found that green tea is rich in health-beneficial compounds which play an important role in maintaining the immune function as well as suppressing the auto-immune disease. Research suggests that green tea can keep diseases at bay. However, green tea is caffeinated, so you should drink it in moderation or consider purchasing a decaffeinated version.
You can choose one of the methods as follows:
- Use a bag of green tea, water
- Boil water
- Soak green tea in hot water
- Wait for 5 minutes
- Add a little honey to taste
- Drink it and relax
- You should use this method daily to improve your immunity
- Prepare a green tea bag, ginger and a cup of hot water
- Place the tea bag in boiled water during 7~10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag, add ginger, and stir it well.
- Drink it and relax.
- You should drink this tea every day before eating. It will help you have the good immunity system.
- Prepare fresh tea leaves, honey and water
- Boil water in a pot
- Add some tea leaves into the pot during 3-5 minutes
- After that, take honey into the pot until the taste is good for you.
- Drink it 3 times a day before eating; and you will feel a significant difference in your overall health.
A long time ago, people use ginger as the good home remedy to boost immunity. Both ginger root and ginger oil could deal with a variety of diseases thanks to its anti-inflammatory and immunonutrition responses. Research proves that ginger possessing antimicrobial property, helping treat infectious diseases . According to Oriental Medicine, ginger has the warming characteristic which helps remove toxins found in the body. Especially, the components in ginger can find and remove the infection; therefore, it helps improve the immunity function.
Let us introduce you some simple methods to use ginger as one of home remedies to boost immunity as follows:
- Prepare ginger, lemon, honey, water
- Boil water
- Chop ginger
- Pour the hot water into a cup
- Add 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into the cup of water above
- Add honey until you feel good taste
- In order to boost immunity in the body, you can drink that mixture twice a day
7. Astragalus Root
Using Astragalus is among effective home remedies to boost immunity in the body. It is an herbal medicine from Chin and has long been used as an immune system booster as well as disease fighter. The substances in astragalus help immune-building as well as enhance function of immune system. In accordance with a review published in the American Journal of Chinese Medicine, treatments based on astragalus have demonstrated huge improvement of the toxicity which was induced by the drugs like cancer chemotherapeutics and immunosuppressants. Researchers concluded that astragalus can protect the human body from cancers and gastrointestinal inflammation.
The method below will show you a simple way to use astragalus properly in boosting your immunity . However, please arrange an appointment with your doctor to consult before taking the way below.
- Prepare the root of astragalus and water
- Pour 1 lit of water into the pan and boil it
- Add 3~4 slices of astragalus and put in into the pan
- Wait until the water boils again
- Wait for 10~15 minutes and train the mixture
- Drink it and relax
- You should use it every day within 1 month to feel the effective
8. Indian Ginseng
Indian ginseng contains the essential substances such as 32 triterpenesoponins, 7polyacetylenes, 17 fatty acids, 8 amino acids, Fe, Mn, Co, Se, and vitamin K which are good for the body. Therefore, using Indian ginseng will be as an effective medicine to improve health, strengthen the immune system as well as help fight the diseases. In addition, for a long time, Indian ginseng has been known as a good home remedy for the treatment of stomach disorders such as diarrhea, anorexia, nausea and dyspepsia.
- Prepare Indian ginseng powder, water
- Boil 2 cups of water
- Add 1 tablespoon of ginseng powder
- Heat the mixture of ginseng and water during 10 minutes
- Strain and drink it after having dinner
- Note: Indian ginseng should not be used for pregnant. And you should consult doctor before using the ingredient as a home remedy to boost the immunity.
9. Vitamin D
You may be surprise to know that vitamin D is one of home remedies to boost immunity in toddlers and adults. People have low levels of vitamin D are at higher risks of getting sicked. This vitamin plays the important role in converting nutrients into energy for the body. Besides, the resistance of the body under high pressure also will increase. Vitamin D can be deficient due to diet and less outdoor activities, etc .
We can synthesize vitamin D through many ways. It is best to get vitamin D from the sun if possible. It is the absolute best source of natural vitamin D, and contributes to a powerful improvement of your immune system as your body could naturally produce vitamin D from exposing to sun moderately. When the UVB rays (not UVA rays) from the midday sun contact with your skin, they will react with oils in skin to naturally produce vitamin D which is slowly absorbed by the body.
If you spend most of your time (from 9 am to 5 pm) in an office, then you will be most likely need a vitamin D supplement. However, in regard to vitamin D, you should be cautious about the artificial vitamin D in supplements, because artificial vitamin D in supplements are either ineffective or potentially detrimental in compared with the natural forms. Vitamin D2 is considered the most popular artificial version of vitamin D in multivitamins, despite the natural D2 exists in some foods such as mushrooms. Natural vitamin D, from either an oil-based D3 supplement or cod liver is reckoned the best option for you to supplement vitamin D.
Hereinafter, we will suggest some methods as below to use vitamin D as one of home remedies to boost immunity:
- Sunbath for 15 minutes from 6 am ~ 8 am every morning
- Implement this method every day within 2 months
- Add the foods with high level of vitamin D in your dishes such as egg, fish, milk, mushrooms, meat…
- Carry out this way daily
- Supply vitamin D as a medicine
Note: You only apply this method after talking with your doctor
Doing exercise around 20 minutes every day is also one home remedy to boost the immunity. It helps improve the blood circulation as well as enhance the blood cells if you usually do exercise. Especially, as you do exercise, the body will become supple and have ability to fight the bacteria; therefore getting sick can be reduced or it can be easy to treat. Let remember that any form of exercise also may be good for your health. And hereinafter, we will share you some ways to do it at home.
- The exercise with medium-intensity and long-term should be apply such as cycling, running
- After cycling or running around 10~15 minutes, you should walk to relax
- Enjoy swimming third~ 4 times a week
- After that, relax about 5 minutes, then take a bath
- Play badminton or tennis 2-3 times per week
- Or play football, basketball.
Note: Although all form of exercises are good; however, overdoing it can adversely affect to your health. In addition, you should stop exercising if you feel tired or are sick.
11. Red Wine
A study shows that red wine is good for both man and woman. If you drink the controlled quantities of red wine, the components in this wine will act as the excellent substances to boost the immune system.
The foreign matters and adverse bacterium will be killed as meeting the red wine. In addition, you can heal some diseases such as fever and cold without any medicine by consuming a small glass of this wine per day.
Besides, red wine includes melatonin which can adjust the biological clock of your body as well as inhibit the aging process and prevent cancer triggers. Thus, people also use red wine as a home remedy to boost the immunity.
However, too much wine can damage the immunity. Therefore controlling quantities of consumed wine is really important in the life.
We suggest you some tips below to use red wine effectively.
- Prepare one glass of red wire for woman and two for man
- Drink it before going to sleep
- This way can be apply daily
- Prepare one glass of red wire for woman and two for man
- Drink it in the meal several times a week
- You should use red wire to eat together with meat
12. Fruits And Vegetables
There are a lot of fruits and vegetables around you, which help enhance the immune system effectively.
- Vitamin A plays an essential role in boosting immune function and increasing detective ability to infections. Thus, consuming adequate amounts of this vitamin is very important. The foods which are high in vitamin A such as beef liver, salmon, butter, sweet potato, turnip greens, carrot.
- Vitamin C presents in citrus, papaya, which help enhance the iron’s absorption from foods, therefore boosting the immunity and fight the disease.
- Vitamin E is contained in seeds and green turnip, which protects the body against the flu and respiratory infection.
Especially, vegetables with green leafs benefit for elder people and pregnant women.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tomato, 1/3 salad vegetable, 1 clove of garlic, 1/3 onion, 1 tablespoon water, ¼ tablespoon salt, ¼ tablespoon sugar, ¼ chili
- Boil an egg
- Slice the boiled egg, tomato and onion
- Cut the salad vegetable in many parts
- Pour water into bowl, add sugar, salt and lemon juice
- Chop garlic up and chili, then put it in mixed water
- Add tomato, onion, salad vegetable and egg above
- Eat it before having meal
- You can use this method thrice a day
Fish are high in omega 3 fatty acids which have a capability to increase the function of blood cells. In addition, Omega 3 fatty acids play an essential role in reproducing the compounds that maintain the immunity function. Besides, fishes are rich in Zinc that helps develop normal cells and repair the error cells. Therefore, consuming fish daily is the best way to strengthen your immunity.
Here are some simple methods to use fish for boosting the immune.
- Prepare 1 kg of any fish you like, a tablespoon of white wire, 1 ginger, ½ tablespoon of salt, and a little bit of scallions, lemongrass, dried onion, fresh chili, dill,
- Make clean and salted fish
- Slice ginger, onion and chop itup
- Slice scallions, lemongrass
- Mix all ingredient above together and put them into fish
- Steam fish around 20 minutes
- You can eat it twice to thrice per week
- Prepare 500g of herring, 10 fresh lemons, 300ml of vinegar, onion, peanut, coconut, garlic, sugar, red chili, fish sauce, monosodium glutamate, rice noodles, rice paper, and vegetables
- Squeeze fresh lemons
- Fillet herring, then steep it in vinegar and continue soaking it in lemon juice.
- Only soak for 5 minutes and remove to dry.
- Roast peanuts
- Peel onion, wash and cut it
- Slice thin chili.
- Mix 3 ingredients of herring, onion, chili and sprinkle peanuts on the surface of the fish
- Add 3 tablespoons of fish sauce to the bowl, along with garlic, minced chili, 1/3 teaspoon of sweet potato, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1.5 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and peanut.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved, you have a mixture of salt water and sweet and sour salad.
Flaxseeds are rich in nutrients, alpha-linolenic acid, and antioxidants. They can inhibit the growth of bacterium and regulates endocrine in the body. Therefore, flaxseeds are also used as one of home remedies to boost immunity in toddlers and adults. In addition, the omega 3 fatty acid included in flaxseeds helps the body resist the adversely environment factor.
Flaxseed powder seems to be the best way to boost the immunity, because useful substances in flax seed will be absorbed better.
Only take a little time to prepare flax seeds for boosting the immunity.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of flax seed powder
- Put it in a cup of hot water
- Add sugar and milk to taste
- Drink it every morning before eating anything
- Add ½ teaspoon of flax seed powder in you juice which you like
- You also can add flax seed in a cup of coffee
- Drink it and relax
Oats are also used one of home remedies to boost the immunity in the body. Oats contain beta glucan, which is as an antibacterial and anti-oxidant fiber. Oats are not only capable in boosting the immune system, but also able to help the antibiotics work better. Besides, oats contain the soluble fiber helping reduce the bad substances in the body such as bad cholesterol.
- Eat oats interspersed with eating rice and other starchy foods.
- Eat it three times a week
Almonds are high in vitamin E that helps the body fight diseases. A lot of researches shown that vitamin E in almonds can reduce inflammation effectively. All you need to do are simple as following:
Method 1: Chew 5-6 almonds a day
Method 2: Consume the product with almonds in it such as the almond chocolate, etc.
Avocados have the high nutritional value; it was recommended by the nutrition experts as a good ingredient for everyone. Avocado provides a source of plant protein, vitamins and minerals which help the body increase the immunity. Especially, according to the nutrition experts, avocado also contains 14 vitamins and minerals, including folate, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, manganese and selenium which are extremely necessary for pregnancy. Eating avocados will help you add extra natural nutrients without taking a tonic.
All you need to do is some simple step as below:
- Prepare 2 or more pieces of toasts depending on the number of gourds you want to use, 1 fresh avocado
- Put toasts on the hot pan, you also can use microware to warm the toasts
- Peel the avocado, puree it, and then use a tablespoon to take the avocado meat inside
- Put a slide of avocado above on warm toasts
- Eat it every day in the morning
- Prepare fresh avocado, butter, salt, pepper, dried chili, lemon juice
- Cut butter, add a few drops of lemon juice
- Continue add cheese, sprinkle with salt, pepper and dried chilies
- Finally, roll it with prosciutto ham
- Eat it and relax
- Prepare fresh avocado and milk
- Take 2 tablespoons of puree avocado and put it in a glass
- Add 3 tablespoons of water
- Finally, add milk to taste
- Mix every ingredient above together
- Drink this smoothie once per day
Spirulina is the blue – green alga that is good food for your health. It may increase incentives for immune function and protects your health from cancer properties and toxin. The components of spirulina may help the brain add the RNA and stimulate the brain operation.
In order to use spirulina as one of home remedies to boost immunity effectively, you need do some steps as follows, only:
- Prepare spirulina and smoothie you like
- Add spirulina in your smoothie
- Drink this mixture once to twice per day4
19. Kombucha Tea
Among home remedies to boost immunity, kombucha is lesser known. Kombucha is a drink with a lot of health benefits extending to your brain, heart and especially your gut. Thanks to the fermentation process upon creating kombucha, it consists of a huge amount of healthy bacteria called as probiotics. Such bacteria live along your digestive tract and support your immunity, because they absorb the nutrients and fight off illness and infections.
As 80% of the human immune system is situated in your gut, and our digestive system is the 2nd largest organ of your neurological system, it is not surprising that the gut is reckoned the “2nd brain”.
On the other hand, kombucha has powerful antioxidants and could help protect against disease and detoxify your body. This disease-fighting power exhibits the ability to reduce inflammation of kombucha. It also explains why kombucha may potentially reduce the risk of some types of cancers . The 2014 research from the University of Latvia showed that regularly drinking kombucha tea will be beneficial for diseases and infections because of 4 major properties, which are energizing, anti-oxidant, detoxification, and improving of reduced immunity .
20. Krill Oil
Astaxanthin is the naturally happening algae, which is found in the deep sea. Krill is one of the best sources of omega-3 fatty acids that feed on Astaxanthin, similar to lobster, crabs, salmon, etc.
Algae is a potent antioxidant, which can help with your defense system, thereby aiding your body in reducing inflammation that triggers diseases.
Astaxanthin has also been proven to be 10 times more effective in damaging free radicals than other carotenoids. This ability allows your body to conserve its defense system for other issues, thereby improving your immune system.
The chemical constituents in echinacea are powerful stimulants for our immune system, which could provide great therapeutic value. According to research, one of the most appreciated echinacea benefits is preventing recurring infections, according to the 2012 study posted in the Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine .
The flowers of and berries of elder plant have been traditionally used as a medicine for a long time. In the past, elderberries were used to handle a wide range of health issues, including colds, the flu, inflammation and allergies.
Some studies confirm that elderberry can boost the immunity, particularly due to its ability to treat the common cold as well as flu.
23. Colloidal Silver
To supercharge your immune system, think of colloidal silver. This herb was a common remedy to stop the severe spread of illnesses and diseases. It has extensively and historically been used as an anti-microbial agent. It inhibits the bacteria growth under anaerobic and aerobic conditions .
In order to experience the benefits of colloidal silver, you can use it in a few ways, either taking a drop of pure colloidal silver internally, or applying it over your skin to heal infections, sores and wounds.
Note: Do not use this herb for over 14 days in a row to avoid possible irreversible conditions like argyria. Nonetheless, this is often caused if you use products which are not true colloidal silvers, such as ionic or silver protein .
This herb is a sap-like, resin substance, which is considered one of the most widely used essential oils worldwide. In the history, myrrh was resorted to cure hay fever, cleanse and heal wounds, and put a stop to bleeding.
Myrrh can strengthen the immune system thanks to its antibacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal properties.
If you combine myrrh essential oil with frankincense oil, you will have a mixture working against a selection of the pathogens.
The essential oil from oregano is famous for its immune-boosting and healing properties. It can fight infections due to the antiviral, antibacterial and anti-parasite compounds. There was a 2016 study published in Critical Reviews In Food Science & Nutrition, which concluded that the major compounds in this herb are strongly responsible for its antimicrobial effect, including thymol and carvacrol .
Some other scientific studies discovered that oregano essential oil could exhibit antibacterial activity, helping with several bacterial isolates and species, such as S. saprophyticus and B. laterosporus .
26. Avoid Processed Foods And Sweetened Soft Drinks
If you want to supercharge your immune system, avoid bombarding your body with fried foods, processed foods, refined sugars, chemical additives, and high-fructose corn syrup.
They force your body to do more work in order to remove this junk and fix the internal inflammation caused in your body. Besides, the grain-based foods such as muffins, cereal, pasta, bread and bagels are main culprits that cause internal inflammation and disrupt your normal gut function. Therefore, you should avoid these grains at all cost.
In a nutshell, the immune system is an important interact network of cells, organs, and proteins, which protect the human body from bacteria and viruses or other foreign substances. If the immune system does not work properly, we face diseases. Thus, it is important to know the right home remedies to boost immunity.
After reading the article above, have you already chosen suitable home remedies to boost immunity? If yes, please be patient to use them daily, you shall feel the difference within several weeks. However, you should consult your doctor before using these herbs in our article “26 Home Remedies To Boost Immunity In Toddlers And Adults” to reduce the immunodeficiency’s symptoms and get the best results.
If you have any concern regarding the home remedies, please refer to our article of “26 Home Remedies To Boost Immunity In Toddlers And Adults” presented in Home Remedies Category.We always appreciate your opinions and give a feedback to you soon.