Cysts are structures that can appear in most tissues of the body. Cysts in the breast are a common medical condition in women, but does not every woman know what cysts in breast are. This is a benign type of disease that occurs in the breast. In the breast may appear one or more breast cysts. Breast cysts are usually round or oval with different edges. Basically, the disease does not have much effect on the patient’s health. Although this is benign disease, knowledge about it is very necessary.
Are you disturbed and anxious about this disease? You do not know how to avoid as well as treat it? Don’t worry, this article will help you. We will give you home remedies for cysts in breast. These remedies are very simple and effective. They also can be done right at your home offline. However, before that, let’s learn some basic information about this problem.
What Are Cysts In Breast?
By definition, cysts in breast are breast lump cysts located in breast tissue that contain a certain amount of fluid. Breast cysts are the abnormal appearance of one or more pockets of fluid in the breast. Breast cysts are usually round or oval with different edges. The texture of a cyst may contain fluid or humidity. Cysts that contain fluid are like grapes or small balls filled with water, but solid cysts are firm and hard.
Only women are affected by this disease. In women, breast tissue grows along with the breast cysts. When something unusual happens with this phenomenon, it can develop into a tumor. If abnormalities occur with the cysts, it can be called breast cysts. Breast cysts are common in women between the ages of 30 and 40. In essence, this condition can occur at any age, but very rarely occurs to postmenopausal women who do not use hormones like hormone therapy.
In essence, the cyst is a fluid-filled mass and belongs to a benign tumor group, which does not endanger the patient. The cyst is less likely to turn into cancer, so it does not harm the health of the sick. Cystic fibrosis is mainly caused by the effects of hormonal changes on women, causing metabolic disorders. However, external factors such as diet, rest and movement of the patient can also be the cause of the disease.
Due to the nature of the cyst in breast is usually not harmful (unless a malignant tumor develops inside the cyst), there is no need for treatment. However, if the disease shows signs of complication, the doctor will consider surgery. For large tumors, doctors can perform a tumor aspiration for tumors to flatten out, but if the tumor continues to grow after it has been drawn, there is a high risk of developing cancer  .
What Are Common Causes Of Cysts In Breast?
Here are some of the main causes of cysts in breast:
- Due to overgrowth of glands and connective tissue with milk ducts
- Due to excess estrogen in the body
Each side of the chest contains 15-20 lobes of gland tissue, arranged like daisy petals. The lobes are divided into smaller lobules during pregnancy and lactation. Small milk ducts pass milk to the milk container below the nipple. Support this network is a deeper layer of connective tissue called stroma. Breast cysts develop when overgrowth of glands and connective tissue block the milk ducts, causing them to swell up with fluid. The capsule is too small to feel but can be seen in visual tests, such as mammography or ultrasound. Large breast cysts can put pressure on breast tissue nearby, causing chest pain or discomfort.
In fact, scientists have yet to find the exact cause of breast cysts. However, they believe that the development of breast cysts originates from the glands surrounding the ducts that cause them to be submerged in the fluid. Basically, the capsule is usually not visible in the way the shot is taken, but as they grow, they can be inserted into nearby tissues, causing the subject to feel chest pain.
What Are Symptoms Of Cysts In Breast?
People with breast cysts may develop some of the following symptoms:
- Patients can feel in their chest has one or more tumors. They are quite smooth, easy to move and round or oval with distinct edges.
- The chest of the patient is painful, especially in the area of breast tumors.
- The nipple is clean and yellow or dark brown.
- The size of the breast increases, or the patient feels pain in the breast before the menstrual period.
- Breast suddenly decreased in size after menstruation.
Do Cysts In Breast Affect Breast Milk?
Depending on the body of each person, the condition of disease will be different. The number of cysts can cause different effects in the female body. Does cystic breast disease affect breast milk? Here is the answer to this question: if the tumor grows large, it can cause pain and stiffness in the chest. Then, the cysts pressurize the milking rays. This reduces the amount of milk secreted and affects the supply of milk to the baby. Many people also have a fever. Their milk is clogged. Milk cannot flow out due to compression capsule. For such cases, you need to see an obstetrician early to get advice on how to handle it best. Not everyone is diagnosed with breast cysts and has treatment before pregnancy or childbirth. Therefore, after childbirth, breast cysts may have an effect on breastfeeding. At this time, you cannot take immediate treatment because this will cause milk loss or shortage of milk for the baby. You can take several measures to reduce the effects of breast cysts on breast milk.
Who Is At High Risk Of Cysts In Breast?
Here are people who are at high risk of breast cancer:
- Women between 30 and 40 years old.
- Women who have menopause after 55 years old or women with early menstruation before 10years old.
- Women who do not have children or have a first child over age 35 or do not breastfeeding.
- Women who have had breast cysts on one side.
- Women who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer or endometrial cancer.
- Women who often exposed to chemicals and radiation.
- Women who have an unhealthy diet: More meat, more fat, less vegetables.
- Women who smoke regularly, drink a lot of alcohol
- Women who are obese after menopause.
When To See A Doctor?
If the presence of any new breast tumor is detected, or if a previous breast tumor seems to have developed or changed, seek medical attention to get tested. Besides, if you apply remedies that this article introduces for a long time without seeing any results, go to your doctor for a direct examination and counseling.
There, you have discovered some information about cysts in breast, it is time to find out what the best natural home remedies for cysts in breast are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 10 Effective Home Remedies For Cysts In Breast
1. Home Remedies For Cysts – The Choice Of Bra
Do not wear tight bra. Choosing a bra size too small for the size of a woman’s breasts causes some breast muscles to be suppressed, putting pressure on some breast tissue. This causes the skin on the chest to be unable to breathe. This is not the direct cause of breast cysts, but it is not good for your breasts. Over time, this habit will cause chest deformity, shoulder pain and difficulty breathing.
You should wear female bras that are properly sized and structured so as not to cause pain when the chest is in contact with the bra. One study found that women who regularly wore bra too tight had a higher risk of developing cysts. In addition, wearing a bra upon sleeping at night also increases the risk of developing the disease.
2. Hot Compresses
Among home remedies for cysts in breast, using hot compresses is one of the most effective. Hot compresses have the effect of enhancing blood circulation, reducing the compression of cysts to the surrounding glands of breast tissue and helping to improve circulation of milk.
To apply this remedy, you can apply the following methods:
Method 1. Hot Compresses With Essential Oils
To apply this method, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare 10-15 drops of lavender essential oil, 3-5 drops of essential oil and some warm water
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Use a warm towel dipped in this mixture and apply directly to the breast area
Take this method twice a day for best results. When you apply this method, you need to pay attention to make sure that the temperature is not too hot, and you do not compress for too long time. The ideal time is about 20 minutes.
Method 2. Hot Compresses With Rice
To apply this method, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare a little white rice (not cooked) and a cloth bag
- Put the rice in a cloth bag and heat the bag with an oven or pan. You need to pay attention to the temperature to not cooked rice inside the bag
- Take this bag directly to the breast area
Take this method twice a day for best results. Regularly doing this method will reduce your pain and prevent the development of breast cysts.
3. Home Remedies For Cysts – Cabbage
This is another must-try home treatment in this list of home remedies for cysts in breast. Cabbage leaves are like magnets because they completely drain the disease out of the body. Besides being a good source of good food, cabbage is also effective in treating most aches and pains. Using cabbage as a medical dressing will help relieve pain and reduce swelling of the chest. Researchers have not been able to explain why this method is effective. Some researchers claim that because cabbage contains a large amount of polyphenols (a potent anti-inflammatory), putting cabbages on the chest daily helps relieve pain and eliminate other discomforts. However, whatever the reason, it is still a safe, effective and non-toxic method.
To improve breast cysts, as well as the pain that this disease causes by using cabbage, follow the steps below:
- Put cabbage leaves in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to cool their leaves. You can use red or green cabbage, but red cabbage will often tint your skin and shirt
- Take 2 leaves of cabbage and place the rest in the refrigerator
- Wash these two cabbage leaves with cold water
- Carefully prune the petiole to make sure it can fit into your chest without over-tightening the breast
- Put the cabbage leaves on the chest and fix them just like you fixed the medical gauze. Besides, you can simply wear them with a bra (using a bra to pinch cabbage leaves in the middle)
- After 20 minutes, the leaves of cabbage gradually warm up and the pain disappears, so you can leave them
- If the pain is still there, you can use the new leaves and repeat the process
You can apply this remedy during the day or evening. This way is very effective and safe. You can apply it whenever you feel pain caused by breast cysts. If you have chest pain during breastfeeding, you can also apply this remedy.
4. Breast Massage
This remedy is one of effective but little – known home remedies for cysts in breast. According to scientists of University of California, the pressure on the chest can adjust the mammary gland back to the normal developmental pattern, and thus help prevent breast cysts. The experiment was conducted by researchers with gels containing malignant epithelial cells. Compaction force impacts right from the first stage of cell development. Over time, the observed results show that malformed cells are being squeezed to start growing more normally. Meanwhile, these non-compressive cells continue to develop uncontrollably leading to cancer or problems related to the mammary gland. This study has demonstrated a new approach to the prevention and treatment of breast-related diseases by the effects of massage .
To apply this method of home remedies for cystss, please follow the steps below:
- Pinch the fingers back into a flat surface and gently massage from the nipple to the direction of the breast. You need to perform slowly and act with a moderate force
- Use your hands to massage the chest. At this point, it should be done with a little force and movement faster than the original
- Massage the breast in the clockwise direction, then in the opposite direction. Unlike step two, in this step, women should proceed slowly with a small force
- Use both hands to compress and move evenly with moderate force
Performing regular chest massage not only assists in the treatment of breast cysts but also helps prevent other related diseases.
5. Home Remedies For Cysts – Cold Compresses
The next treatment in this list of home remedies for cysts is cold compresses. Although this remedy is quite simple, the results it brings will surprise you. Cold compresses relieve muscle spasms to improve circulation, so it helps relieve the pain caused by breast cysts. Cold compresses shrink blood vessels and reduce blood flow, so it reduces fluid retention in injured areas. Cold compress works to help control inflammation and swelling. However, you should note that this remedy can relieve pain but cannot treat the underlying cause.
To apply this tip of home remedies for cysts, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare a soft towel and a little cold water
- Put the towel in cold water and put it on your breast
- As the towel warms up, dip the towel into the cold water and do as step 2
- If you can tolerate the cold, cover the ice with a cloth bag, then apply this cloth over your breast
You can apply this remedy twice a day to get the expected results Regularly performing this remedy, the pain caused by cystic breast cysts will no longer permanently torment you. You should also note that do not apply over 20 minutes each time.
When you apply this remedy, you need to pay attention to some of the following:
- Never apply ice directly to your breast. Let’s use an ice cloth
- After placing the ice bag on the breast, check the change in skin color. If it turns pink, remove the cloth. Apply continuously until the skin turns to normal color
- You should also note that do not apply over 20 minutes each time
6. Do Not Drink Tea And Caffeinated Beverages
This sounds strange when it comes to home remedies for cysts in breast, right? There is currently no evidence that consumption of tea and caffeinated beverages is associated with cysts. However, many women have found that saying no to tea and caffeine significantly improves the symptoms of breast pain. It can be said that tea and caffeine are not involved in the process of making breast cysts, but they do affect the process of wound healing. Therefore, stop drinking tea and caffeinated beverages to support the treatment of breast cysts.
7. Home Remedies For Cysts – Reduce Salt In Your Daily Diet
Mechanism of action is explained as follows: Sodium is abundant in salt. Sodium intake makes the excess water in the body more than normal. Consequently, the consumption of less sodium can thus reduce the formation of fluid in the cysts. This helps to reduce the pain caused by breast cysts, while supporting the healing process. Therefore, limit the amount of salt in your daily diet. Do not think that just reduce the amount of salt when you cook the food every day. Canned goods and ready-to-eat foods also contain high levels of salt. Take care when eating these foods, or do not eat them to make sure you are doing the best to treat this disease.
8. Enhance Iodine-Rich Foods
Studies on the effects of iodine on the body have shown that iodine is not only used by the body for thyroid hormone production, but iodine is also essential for mammary health. When the amount of iodine in the body is low, the thyroid gland can enlarge, and develop nodules or thyroid follicles and manifest as hypothyroidism. At this point, the body focuses on capturing iodine for the thyroid gland, leading to iodine deficiency throughout the body. Then, the breast can grow and develop nodules, which cause the disease in the breast .
From the study of experts, it can be confirmed that iodine supplementation is essential for patients with breast cysts. Iodized foods include potatoes, seaweed, seafood, chicken eggs, herbs, dark green vegetables,…Regularly add these foods to your diet to enhance your ability to prevent or treat this disease as well as other related diseases.
9. Home Remedies For Cysts – Frequently Eat Vegetables And Fruits
This is one of the little-known home remedies for cysts in breast. Patients with breast cysts should eat plenty of green vegetables and fruits. This source of vitamin C, E and carotene (precursors of vitamin A) has antioxidant effect and help prevent cancer. Vegetables and grains are also an important source of fiber. Fiber helps digestion, increases bowel motility. It also absorbs the toxins in the intestine to eliminate faeces, thereby reducing the concentration of toxins in the body. Vegetables should eat a lot are cauliflower, kale, green vegetables, …
10. Frequently Eat Cereals
The last but not least important when it comes to home remedies for cysts is frequently consuming cereals. Patients with breast cysts should eat whole grains such as: rice, barley, corn, cassava, beans, and especially soybeans. Soy is high in isoflavones. This is a substance that can prevent the effects of estrogen residue in the body. Excess of estrogen in the body causes hormonal imbalance, resulting in breast cysts. Therefore, eating a lot of cereals, especially soybeans, is very good for patients with breast cysts.
The above-mentioned home remedies for cysts in breast are claimed to be able to reduce the symptoms of this problem. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 10 effective home remedies for cysts in breast” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.