Tinnitus can be a normal phenomenon, but may also be an abnormal warning sign. Most of the tinnitus do not cause harm to the person, however, it causes feelings of discomfort, anxiety, thoughts, insomnia, and depression. It is estimated that up to a few million Americans have tinnitus to the extent that it affects their lives.Does this interest you? Or are you suffering from tinnitus? Is it also causing you much trouble? Don’t worry, this article will expose to you most effective home remedies for tinnitus relief. These measures are very simple, effective and can be done right at your home offline. However, before that, let’s learn some basic information about this problem.
What Is Tinnitus?
In terms of anatomical structure, the inner ear has thousands of auditory cells operating in the bioelectric mechanism. On the surface of the hearing cell are very small hairs. If in normal condition, the hairs will move under the pressure of the sound waves from the outside. This movement causes the auditory cells to emit a stream of electrical energy to the auditory nerve fibers and these signals are transmitted to the brain. The brain analyzes these signals and realizes that these are sounds. That means we can hear normally. Conversely, if the fragile hairs on the surface of this neuronal cell are damaged, they will move in any direction. Therefore, the auditory cells send abnormal signals to the brain, which causes the brain receives a non-abnormal sound called tinnitus.
- Tinnitus is not a disease but a symptom caused by a variety of diseases, such as hearing loss in the elderly, ear injury, circulatory system or side effects of some drugs. Tinnitus can be a normal phenomenon, can also be a warning sign of abnormal illness.Tinnitus happens when a noise such as wind blows, whistling or whining originates from the inside of the ear and affects one or both ears. This problem can be continuous or buzzing at times.People with tinnitus feel most at night or in quiet moments. Tinnitus may be accompanied by hearing loss, dizziness or headache. Tinnitus is a sign of a problem that is occurring in the ear sound processing system and may be related to a number of very different diseases. Most people with tinnitus often have difficulty hearing.
There are two types of tinnitus:
- Objective Tinnitus
This type of tinnitus that not only the patient, but also the doctor can hear. This type is rare, usually caused by vascular or neurological disorders, tumors in the head, neck, or brain, or defects of some ear structures. Tinnitus can feel like a pulse, or can be in sync with the heartbeat. If tinnitus occurs accompanied by a condition in which the pulse of the vein coincides with the heartbeat, you need to be diagnosed by a specialist as soon as possible because this can be a symptom of a serious disease.
- Subjective Tinnitus
These are the buzzes that only the patient feels. This type accounts for the vast majority (95 percent) of tinnitus cases. Of these, more than 60 percent of cases cannot find the cause even if the tests are complicated. Of the possible causes, the most common causes are: Old age (part of tinnitus may be associated with hearing loss in older people due to hearing-related neurodegeneration), the effects of excessive noise (such as worker in factories with many noisy machines, rock musicians or soldiers who often suffer gunshots, airport workers), …
What Are Common Causes Of Tinnitus?
In many cases of tinnitus problem, natural nerve processes gradually lead to forget about tinnitus. However, in many other cases, tinnitus becomes uncomfortable, even so severe that the patient cannot stand this problem. Everyone can have tinnitus, regardless of gender, social background or age. The main causes of tinnitus include:
- The most common cause is trauma due to sound, commonly seen by loud music or continuous exposure to turbulent sounds (such as frequent use of portable music players).
- People over the age of 60 are at high risk of tinnitus due to aging that negatively affects the hearing organ.
- Some drugs are toxic to the ear, damaging hearing cells such as aspirin, streptomycin, gentamycin or quinine.
- Some injuries to the head, face, neck, broken bones or ruptured eardrums may also be a cause of tinnitus.
- Colds cause rhinitis and throat.
- Traumatic brain injury, tremors in the ear as strong slap.
- Take flight at altitude.
- Severe and sudden loss of blood.
- Some serious diseases like diabetes, atherosclerosis, hypertension or cancers such as nasopharyngeal cancer, cancers of the jaw or brain tumors.
- Long-term use of streptomycin, gentamyxin or quinin …
- Using a variety of stimulants such as alcohol, coffee and cigarettes can also cause tinnitus.
- In addition to stemming from hearing system damage, tinnitus is also caused by general dysfunction (such as grinding of the teeth) and chronic muscle tension in the neck.
- Although there have been arguments that stress is the most common cause of tinnitus, up to now there has been no scientific basis for the relationship between stress and tinnitus. But tinnitus can cause stress. When a person’s tinnitus is in a state of stretching, they will feel more buzzing…
What Are Symptoms Of Tinnitus?
People with tinnitus often hear in their ears that they have no external sounds but because they have tinnitus, they think they have. The most common tinnitus symptoms are: the sound in the ear, such as the sound of a rattle, the sound of a whistle, a roar, a whistle or a hissing sound. Audible voices can be large or small, high or low and can be heard on one or both ears. In some cases, the tinnitus is so loud that the patient cannot hear the real sound outside.If too much earwax can make the patient feel more tinnitus, they will not hear the real noise outside and make the loud noise inside.
Who Is At Risk Of Tinnitus?
When To See A Doctor?
Most of the tinnitus do not cause harm to the person, however, it causes feelings of discomfort, anxiety, thoughts, insomnia, and depression. The remaining cases if accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness, ear disease, hearing loss, headache, otolaryngology should not be disregarded but should seek medical attention early to detect and treat in time. Especially for people with tinnitus with sudden hearing loss should go immediately. Examination and treatment as soon as effective, if late can lead to irreversible deafness. In addition, if you have long-term tinnitus, you need to see a health professional to handle it in time.
You have discovered some information about tinnitus. Although there is currently no treatment for tinnitus, there are many ways to mitigate this problem. To overcome this condition many people have come to see a doctor. However, if you want to prevent tinnitus, or your tinnitus is not serious, you can fully apply these home remedies for tinnitus we introduced in this article. These remedies are very safe, effective and also very simple. With these remedies, you can apply them at home at your leisure. If you do not want tinnitus to affect your life, let’s try these measures below. It is time to find out what the best home remedies for tinnitus are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 15 Natural Home Remedies For Tinnitus
1. Chewing Gum
Chewing gum is also one of the simple tinnitus treatments that can be done at home or anywhere. When you chew the chewing gum, it will help the muscles in the atrium, which will help the tinnitus to work, will not appear. Furthermore, during chewing, salivary glands are secreted more, which is very important in the treatment of tinnitus. This method is very simple and does not occur any side effects so you can apply in the course of treatment.
2. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Apple Cider Vinegar
Among home remedies for tinnitus, using apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective. Apple cider vinegar carries many useful vitamins and flavor. Apple cider vinegar has good anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal effects. Thanks to its antiviral and antibacterial properties, it is capable of treating infections that are likely to cause tinnitus. Especially, with its strong antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar helps to kill bacterial pathogens. Apple cider vinegar is also used to treat colds and prolonged coughs – the causes of tinnitus. Besides, apple cider vinegar also works to balance the level of alkaline in the body in a very effective way.
To apply this remedy, follow the steps below:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 cup of warm water, stirring. You can add a little grated ginger to achieve better results
- Drink this mixture as soon as it is still warm
Apply this remedy 3 times a day until the tinnitus disappears. This mixture not only helps to cure tinnitus, but if you have a cough or a cold, it can also help you cure these conditions.
3. Ginkgo Biloba
This is another must-try home treatment in this list of home remedies for tinnitus.Ginkgo biloba is a herbal remedy capable of treating tinnitus very well. The reason is because Ginkgo biloba has the ability to improve and enhance blood circulation very well. That is why the strength of the ear is also improved a lot, and tinnitus is gradually disappearing. In addition, like apple cider vinegar, Ginkgo Biloba has a good antifungal and antimicrobial resistance, which helps to treat infections that can cause tinnitus. This is really a very useful herb.
The use of ginkgo biloba to treat tinnitus is very simple. You can buy Ginkgo biloba extract at pharmacies. Dosage is from 120mg -240mg / once use. Take it 3-4 times a day until tinnitus is no longer present.
Note that you should not apply this remedy to young children. If you are sick and need medication, consult your doctor about the combination of these medications with Ginkgo biloba for safety.
4. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Basil
The next one in this of home remedies for tinnitusis usingbasil. Basil is named Ocimumbasilicum L. Basil basil contains citrus scented lemon basil, linalool, cineol, methylchavicol and estragol. According to Oriental Medicine, basil is spicy, hot, fragrant, has the effect of tinnitus as well as the flu – one of the causes of tinnitus. Besides, basil also has antibacterial properties. That is why using basil can remove bacteria as well as infections that are likely to cause tinnitus. Not only that, if you have earache, you can also use basil for treatment. This is truly a natural worth-trying home remedy.
You can add basil to the meal, or apply the following way:
- Blend the basil to get the basil juice
- Warm basil (just slightly warm)
- Squeeze 2-3 drops of cinnamon basil into the buzzing ear
You apply this remedy 1-2 times a day for 3-4 days to achieve the results as expected.
This remedy is one of little – known home remedies for tinnitus .Onions have excellent healing effects on colds such as runny nose or viral illnesses. Scientists have shown that onions contain certain phytoncides, such as allicin, that have strong antibacterial properties, which kill off infectious bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella. With its strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, onions help to remove bacteria or infections that can cause tinnitus.
To apply this remedy, please follow the steps below:
- Cut 1 onion into several slices
- Put the slices of onion in the microwave for 2-3 minutes
- Let them cool and grind them to get juice
- 2-3 small drops of this onion juice on the buzzing ear
- Keep the juice in the ear for 4-5 minutes, then you can tilt the tip so that the onion juice flows out.
With this remedy, you can apply 3-4 times a week until the tinnitus is gone.
6. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Garlic
Surely we are aware of the effects of garlic as antimicrobial, antiviral or antioxidant. Therefore, it is not argued that this is a wonderful material of nature. Garlic helps kill bacteria and viruses in the ear causing ear infections – one of the causes of tinnitus. In addition to these benefits, garlic is a very rich source of allicin, a natural antibiotic compound that kills bacteria and the virus that causes ear infections. In addition, garlic also contains many natural flavors that our body can easily absorb through the skin and tissues around the eardrum. Due to the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, garlic helps to remove bacteria as well as infections that can cause tinnitus.
You can use garlic to cure tinnitus by using one of the following methods:
Use garlic as a spice. Adding garlic to daily dishes not only helps to enhance the flavor of the dishes, but also helps to cure tinnitus.
To apply this method, please follow the steps below:
- Peel and crush some garlic cloves
- Place the garlic on a thin and clean cloth, then cover the cloth to cover the garlic
- Put it on the ear for about 30 minutes, tinnitus will be improved quickly
If you still feel the ear buzzing, reapply this method. Note that it takes about 2 hours for each implementation.
To apply this method, please follow the steps below:
- Grind a few garlic cloves
- Mix garlic with about 1 tsp sesame oil and fry
- After straining, let it cool down
- Take 2-3 small drops into the buzzing ear
You can apply this method daily, so do it before bed to get the best effect. Apply it until the tinnitus is gone.
To apply this method, please follow the steps below:
- Grind 3-4 cloves garlic fresh
- Fry garlic and 1 teaspoon of mustard oil for about 1-2 minutes
- Leave it slightly cold
- Put it around and inside the buzzing ear
Apply this method often until you achieve the desired result.
7. Sea Salt
The next treatment in this list of home remedies for tinnitus is using sea salt. As you know, sea salt has a good bactericidal effect. Sea salt can cure tinnitus due to blockage of the nose or excessive discharge from the sinuses. In addition, it can also remove bacteria as well as infections that can cause tinnitus. Salt solution can help treat tinnitus due to nasal obstruction or excessive fluid flow in the sinuses.
If the tinnitus lasts for a long time, please roast some sea salt, put them in a small bag, and apply it around your ear when warm. The mild saltiness of the salt reduces the tinnitus immediately.
Or you can also use sea salt to treat tinnitus in the following way:
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of glycerin and 1 cup of warm water
- Mix all the ingredients together
- You can take this mixture into the nose or use a spray to spray this mixture into the nose until you feel this mixture flows down your throat.
- Spray this mixture into your throat
You can apply this remedy 2-3 times a day until you get the results you want.
8. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Ginger
The next one in this of home remedies for tinnitusis using ginger. Ginger has long been used like a natural herb. Many of the effects of ginger have been pointed out by physicians such as: kidney stones, strengthening the immune system of the body, help kill bacteria and virus cells. It also improves the absorption of vitamins and nutrients needed to reduce tinnitus. Besides, ginger also improves and improves blood circulation and combat free radicals in a very effective way. Many people also find that ginger helps reduce earaches with tinnitus.
You should add ginger to the dishes to both enhance the flavor of the dish to help prevent or treat tinnitus. Besides, you can also chew some fresh ginger slices. This helps to reduce the pressure in the ear, thereby reducing tinnitus. In addition, you can still use ginger as direction below:
- Put some fresh ginger in a glass of hot water
- After about 10 minutes, add a little honey to the water
- Drink this tea 2-3 times a day
Regularly applying this remedy will help you quickly achieve the results you desire.
9. Mustard Oil
This sounds strange when it comes to home remedies for tinnitus, but it works. When it comes to mustard, we often associate a spicy dish often eaten with sashimi – a popular fresh seafood in Japan. However, in fact that mustard has many good health effects that we may not know, including the ability to cure tinnitus. More than 90% of mustard oil are Allylisothiocyanate, Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid and Erucic Acid … Therefore, mustard oil has many health benefits that are characterized in that it is antibacterial. Mustard oil has the ability of antibacterial and anti-fungal effectively. That is why mustard oil can eliminate bacteria as well as infections that can cause tinnitus.
Another great health benefit is that mustard oil helps improve blood circulation. Indians often combine mustard oil with essential oils during massage to stimulate blood circulation. This helps improve blood circulation to prevent or treat tinnitus. Using mustard oil to treat tinnitus is a real remedy worth trying. Mustard oil also has many other effects. To buy pure mustard oil, you should go to a reputable store or boutique.
To apply this remedy, please follow the steps below:
- Warm the mustard oil by adding it to the microwave (note that only mustard oil is warm)
- Take a few drops of mustard oil warmly into the buzzing ear
- After about 5 minutes, tilt the head to let the mustard oil flow out
You can apply this remedy every day until you achieve the desired effect. Just doing once a day is enough.
If your body is vitamin A and zinc deficient, you may also have tinnitus. Vitamin A is essential for the functioning of the parts of the ear. Pumpkin is a very rich source of vitamin A. So using pumpkins can also improve the tinnitus you are suffering from.
Studies show a strong link between zinc deficiency and the appearance of ear buzziness. An average healthy adult needs 15mg of zinc a day. Consequently, daily zinc supplementation will help relieve tinnitus symptoms in most cases. Pumpkin seeds are rich in zinc. Besides, oysters, liver, lamb, sesame seeds, watermelon seeds, sesame seeds and roasted beef are also the foods that are rich in zinc.
The use of pumpkins to prevent or treat tinnitus is simple. You just need to add the regular cooking of pumpkin dishes such as salad or soup in the meals. After a period of persistent application of this remedy, you will achieve unexpected results. It’s why using pumpkin is considered one of the best natural home remedies for tinnitus.
11. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Pineapple
Pineapple is also rich in vitamin A. Besides, pineapple contains a lot of bromelain. This is an enzyme that works to reduce inflammation very well. For the same reason, using pineapple to prevent or treat tinnitus is a good option.
As using pumpkin, the use of pineapple to treat tinnitus is very simple. All you need to do is eat pineapple, or drink pineapple juice regularly. After a short time of applying this remedy, the tinnitus will improve significantly, and may even disappear. This is reckoned one of the best home remedies for tinnitus.
12. Make Sounds Like Drums
In addition to using the material that I have introduced above to treat tinnitus, when this problem is encountered, for quick fixes, you can also apply the tips below.
To perform this remedy you perform the direction: Place the palm of your hand in the right ear and left ear, with your fingers to support the skull, place your index finger on the middle finger, flick your index finger out of the middle finger, and force it into the back of the neck. Then, in the ears will hear the sound like drums
When implementing this method, you need to really persevere to achieve efficiency.
13. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Yawn
Yawning is one of the most effective remedies for tinnitus, but when yawning and swallowing does not work, you can do the steps below:
- Clench your nostrils, holding your breath
- Inhale a lot of air into your mouth
- You use the throat and cheek muscles to push air into the back of the nose, just as you are trying to push the two fingers that are covering the nose. When doing this method you should not blow too strong but just blowing using cheeks using throat and cheek muscle to blow the air.
Applying this remedy can help you overcome tinnitus.
14. Masker Training Method
Using a masker method can reduce the amount of attention to strange sounds in your ear that distract your ears. After a period of training, some patients have learned to forget about their tinnitus. However, this method requires persistence and spend a lot of time but the results are very useful, help you avoid this tinnitus.
To do this, you only need to spend two hands to hold the ears, the location near the head, then use the fingers and index finger to rub the outer ear of the ears.
Or you can use your hands to press and massage the soles of your middle fingers. This will help you effectively reduce tinnitus. In cases where tinnitus reduces your ability to hear, you can massage and press on the eardrum and lower jaw to reduce tinnitus.
With the massage as above, you should do it once a day often so that the tinnitus gradually disappears.
15. Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Acupressure
If suddenly affected by strong sound, like loud music by phone, ear easy to tinnitus. To overcome this situation, press the acupressure of the ear. The simplest way is as follows:
- Place your palms on your ears, slowly rub your ear in a circle for 1 minute so that your ears feel warm.
- Then use your middle finger to cover your ear and pull out your hand.
- Let’s do it fast and repeatedly to get the best result.
Home Remedies For Tinnitus – Extra Tips
Besides these remedy, you should also build for yourself a healthy lifestyle. Do not forget the notes below:
- Limit the use of stimulants such as cigarettes, coffee, alcohol and aspirin because the chemicals in them will disturb the elasticity of the blood vessels.
- Changes in blood flow through the arteries and veins can lead to increased tinnitus.
- Limit work in noisy environment.
- If you have tinnitus accompanied by insomnia, staying in a quiet environment will make the illness worse, so pay attention.
- Spending time exercising to improve health, such as yoga and nursing.
- Wearing hearing aids when going out (if needed).
- Get earwax regularly.
- Eat less salty food.
- In addition, people should eat foods rich in amino acids, vitamins as well as phytogenic compounds to help reduce inflammation in the ear such as vegetables, fresh fruits and beans. Eating dried fruit and nuts is also considered a good solution because the substances found in these fruits help to naturally reduce tinnitus. You should also eat seaweed because it contains zinc, vitamins and polyphenols are beneficial for cases of tinnitus.
- Stable glycemic control.
- Every day, before going to bed, you can listen to light music to overwhelm the tinnitus.
The above-mentioned natural home remedies are claimed to be able to reduce tinnitus symptoms. Although the home remedies for tinnitus is quite time consuming and slow-acting, their results are surprising. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 18 natural home remedies for tinnitus relief” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.