Gas pain and bloating is a gastrointestinal disorder which is common symptom in many people. This disease is ubiquitous of all ages which improper eating habits are the leading cause of this symptom.
When you are reading this article of 26 Home Remedies For Gas Pain and Bloating in Children and Adults, you certainly desire for some useful treatments to prevent gas pain and bloating properly. But before taking a deep look at how to stop gas pain, we are going to obtain some basic information about this problemfirst. That way, you can deal with it the right way
What Is Gas Pain and Bloating?
Gas pain and bloating is caused by the increased amount of vapor in the digestive tract, the metabolic disorders of the starches or the fermentation disorders of the microorganisms, which are mainly intestinal bacteria.
Although gas pain and bloating is not life-threatening, it often causes discomfort to the abdomen, feeling full and unwilling to eat. It also makes the body fatigue; mental depression and also your psychological discomfort, always feel frustrating, easy to get angry.
What Are Common Causes Of Gas Pain And Bloating?
- Imbalance Of Food: After a tiring working day, we all want to enjoy a good meal. But what to eat, how much to eat for good health is an important issue.
People are inclined to consume too much food, eating indigestible food, which easily can produce gas, causing a slow digestion. Foods thatcause obstruction, flatulence are listed here: starchy foods; foods contain lots of fiber; fried food or too much oil in food; use of alcohol, cigarettes, carbonated drinks.
- Eating Habit:
Eating a lot of starch while your body does not have enough enzymes to metabolize it. Along with eating too fast, chewing, swallowing, eating much fat foods, spices, stimulants (such as alcohol, beer, coffee, cigarettes). In addition, some food or spices when eaten in the stomach creates a reflex that causes lower esophageal spasm to cause gas pain and bloating (such as onions, garlic …) or eating habits after going to bed immediately.
Eating incorrectly alsocauses a heavy burden on the digestive system. Eat too fast, chewing badly, eating at unsuitable time, making bloating, indigestion often come to you; Poor eating habits such as: eating too fast, chewing badly, eating erroneously at meal-time, eating full of hurry to go to bed immediately; The habit of eating and watching movies, swallowing a lot of air causes bloating, especially in children.
- Digestive Disorders: Due to bacterial system disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, food is not sufficiently fermented to metabolize food causing stagnation, fermentation and vaporization. Toxins from foods, intestinal dysplasia, excess gastric acid, Helicobacter Pylori infection, a bacterium that causes peptic ulcer. Body weakness, fatigue, prolonged insomnia, stress, reduces the secretion of enzyme, reduce gastrointestinal motility. Some people with poor lactose tolerance also suffer vomiting, abdominal distension, indigestion.
Some digestive diseases such as gastric mucositis, gastro-duodenal ulcer, gastroesophageal reflux, stomach cancer affect the ability to contract food. Pancreas disease causes reduction of pancreatic enzyme, gallstone, hepatitis leading to impaired hepatic function, reduced secretion of bile and digestive enzymes.
- Side Effects Of Some Drugs: Antibiotics, anti-inflammatory pain relief, diabetes, blood pressure, birth control pills are medicines can cause gas pain and bloating.
- Stress: Stress is also considered the primary culprit. When you are in a state of stress, sigh, breathe, anxious psychology will cause you to “swallow” a lot of air, the abdominal distention is unavoidable.
What Are Symptoms Of Gas Pain And Bloating?
Normally, after a meal of about 30 minutes, we feel comfortable because the food is digested, and we continue our work. However, to some people suffering from gas pain and bloating, the opposite is true. Slow-digesting foods cause unpleasant sensations:
- Loss of appetite, fear of eating or easily being full
- Choking the throat when consuming foods
- Dyspnea, heartburn, nausea and vomiting: Nausea or vomiting normally appears in the morning. The abdomen is heavier at the top, feel as if the stomach is filled with water, gas. It also may be accompanied by diarrhea, constipation
- The upper abdomen is heavy, as if it is filled with water, bloating
- Abdominal pains: Gas pain and bloating can appear frequently or intermittently a few days. After eating or while eating, the person feels hot in the upper abdominal, especially after drinking alcohol, using high fat foods, milk sugar or hot foods that contain stimulating spices such as chili, pepper. There are some cases which patients see abdominal cramps. Often, the patient feels irritated, full of gas in the stomach.
- Have high possibility of suffering from diarrhea, constipation.
When To See A Doctor?
If you experience such symptoms above, occurring after each meal and the cause of the food, it does not affect much health. If this condition occurs frequently and prolonged, the body becomes tired, exhausted, leading to exhaustion. Sometimes the symptoms are manifestations of another type of pathology, and then it is necessary to see a doctor for a specific examination
There, you have discovered some information about gas pain and bloating, it is time to find out what the best natural home remedies for gas pain and bloating are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 26 Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating In Children And Adults
1. Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating – Garlic
Garlic is not only known to be an indispensable spice in everyday meals, but it is also considered a healing potion. Garlic contains a lot of antibiotic allicin ingredients that are resistant to viruses, pathogens. Additionally, garlic also contains a lot of vitamins, carbon hydrates, polysaccharides, inulin, and some minerals necessary for the human body such as iodine, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, trace elements. Moreover, garlic also helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, is rich in antioxidants to restore cellular activity in muscle and improve resistance, help the body against a lot of diseases, in which there is gas pain and bloating disease . How to do:
- Remove garlic skin and wash thoroughly cloves of garlic
- Pick six to eight garlic cloves
- Cut the cloves as small as possible
- Add the cloves and 60ml of boiled water together with a little sugarinto a food processor
- Run the machine to grind to form a paste
- Extract the paste to get enough garlic juice
- Drink this juice 2 times per day
- Redo 2 times a week for best result
- If you are afraid of garlic leavingun comfortable smell, you can drink tea or chew dried tea after drinking garlic juice
Fresh ginger is spicy and used in every family meal, and a cure for many diseases in our lives. If you want to use it as one of home remedies for gas pain and bloating, you can combine it with some other ingredients. The ginger juice contains the following active ingredients: zingiberen, plastic, spicy, starch. Ginger also has the effect of keeping the body warm in case of cold, hypoglycemia, chills, flatulence due to ingestion, or intestinal diseases  . Ginger is used by traditional medicine doctors as a treatment for dysmenorrhea, so if using ginger to treat gas and bloating, it is more effective than any other remedies.
In addition, ginger has the ability to stimulate the transport in the gastrointestinal tract and the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system, which is effective in treating antibiotic disorders due to antibiotic, psychological, and stress. Learn how to cure gas pain with fresh ginger at home by taking steps here:
Method 1: Fresh Ginger And Hot Water
- Remove the ginger’s brown skin
- Grate or crush fresh ginger to create a paste
- Make the water boiled in a pan for 5 minutes
- Add ginger paste into hot water
- Stir the mixture through and through
- Drink small teaspoon of ginger’s water
- After about 10 to 20 minutes after drinkingthe mixure, you will find the abdomen slightly pleasant
Method 2: Fresh Ginger And Honey
According to traditional medicine, the combination betweenfresh ginger and honey is effective for treating digestive diseases, especially for gas pain and bloating. You just blend as the followings:
- Crush one small fresh ginger
- Add grinding ginger into 100ml of boiling water and stir
- Keep the container hot for 30 minutes
- Put 2 teaspoon of honey then stir the mixture for disolving completely
- Consume 1 teaspoon of the solution every one hour
Method 3: Fresh ginger, honey, and lemon
Similar to the two home remedies for gas pain and bloating mentioned above:
- Mix 200ml of hot water into ginger grinding
- Stir well for 5 minutes.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of honey together with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Stir well and drink small sips.
Method 4: Chew some slices of ginger
The tip of using ginger to cure gas pain and bloatibgby chewing is the simplest. Just slice a few thin slices of fresh and clean ginger, add a little salt and eat raw when the belly is full of discomfort. After a moment you will recover from this condition.
Caution: According to Medline Plus, ginger is a popular spice of Asian countries; it is also used as a medicine to cure gastrointestinal diseases, abdominal pain. Ginger is also used to treat some respiratory diseases, and other diseases. However, the use of a large amount of ginger brings a certain risk to the bodyas follows:
- Pregnant women should not use ginger at the end of pregnancy:
According to MedlinePlus, although ginger is sometimes used to treat pregnancy sickness, eating more than one gram of ginger a day can cause birth defects in the fetus and other problems. Ginger in large doses can affect the sex hormones of the baby, causing bleeding in the pregnant woman, which is more serious than miscarriage.
- Patients with diabetes should not use ginger:
Eating ginger can reduce blood sugar, so diabetics should closely monitor blood sugar levels after eating a meal containing ginger, makingsure that sugar levels do not drop too low.
- People with heart problems should not use a lot of ginger, because ginger makes the heart beat faster, easily disturbing the heart rhythm.
- Ginger is also not recommended to high temperature people or liver disease
3. Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating – Pineapple
Few people know that pineapple is the second tropical fruit which many people enjoy in the world. Fresh pineapple juice is full of vitamins, enzymes and minerals, which are good nutrients for healthy body. Pineapple has many health benefits such as it can be used to against stomach infections, constipation, indigestion, arthritis and sinusitis.
A multitude of studies indicated that amount of bromelain enzyme in pineapple is beneficial for digestion and ensures the acid is neutralized. Bromelain enzyme breaks down protein binding and promotes digestion. Then ,simultaneously regulate the pancreas to aid in digestion. In addition to supporting natural digestion, bromelain enzyme also helps heal wounds and relieve pain. Bromelain also helps treat indigestion and acts as an anti-inflammatory . Take the steps below:
- Peel the pineapple’s skin
- Cut off the eyes, remove the hard core, then cut into the small square. Remember to remove pineapple’s eyes completely because the pineapple’s eyes contact with air and bacteria, so cleansing pineapple eye is a very important step in processing pineapple.
- Put the pineapple in the blender.
- Put this pineapple paste into a cloth.
- Squeeze to collect fresh pineapple juice
In case making pineapple juice consumes you a lot of time, you can eat one a nd a half pineapple instead.
Caution: Although pineapple is a very good fruit for the digestive system and health, if it is not used scientifically and reasonably or in the right amount daily, pineapple will also be a dangerous food to your stomach. Pineapple is rich in organic acids and some enzymes, having the effect of consuming protein, which is not conducive to stomach ache, increases gastric mucositis. If you eat or drink fresh pineapple when in hungry condition, the organic acids of pineapple and bromelin affect the lining of the stomach, intestines, to cause hangover, discomfort.
Asparagus, one of must-try home remedies for gas pain and bloating, is often used as one kind of vegetable to cook for simple dish, but it also has a high nutritional content and medicinal properties. How beneficial asparagus is to help treat gas pain and boating? Asparagus contains a type of carbohydrate called inulin, which is important in making the intestines system performs well. Inulin also helps the growth of intestinal beneficial bacteria such as lactobacilli and bifidobacteria. Due to the high fibre content, asparagus has a laxative effect. Doctors recommend that people who are diagnosed with gas pain and bloating should add asparagus in the menu because they are rich in nutrients.
- Boiling Asparagus: To keep the asparagus always crispy and green, after boiling, you should pick up the asparagus and put theminto the refrigerator cooler, or can put into the water with some ices, then removefrom that and let them dry.
- When processing asparagus, you should turn the fire at high volume and cook quickly, remember not let them overcooked or else they will be less crisp and lose flavours.
Papaya is considered “magical fruit” because of its high content of papain, an enzyme that helps digest food and support the process of eliminating residue from the body  . It also prevents accumulation of undigested proteins in the colon and lymphatic system. In fact, papainextract from papaya is used to make supplements that help treat digestive disorders especially gas pain and bloating. Make the papaya juice by following the steps below:
- Peel off papaya’s skin and wash clearly with water
- Remove all the seeds inside papaya
- Chop papayainto small slices
- Use a grater to grate papaya
- Extract grated papaya to get fresh papaya juice
- Add a tablespoon of milk to the papaya juice
- Mix them well to form a paste
- Add a little ices
- Drink the juice 2 times per day
- Repeat twice a week
Lemon contains high levels of acid but it is effective in rapidly eliminating excess food, which can cause swelling in the abdomen quickly. When you are infected with gas pain and bloating, you only need to drink a glass of salt lemon juice together withgrinding small lemon’s skin. Hence this situation will completely disappear.
Celery is a vegetable used to make delicious and nutritious dishes. However, celery also has the ability to cure many diseases that not everyone knows and aware of.
According to many studies, celery contains up to 90.5% of water, nitrogen accounts for 0.07%, cellulose and fat is 1.15%, 1.13% ash, vitamins A, B, C, P, and many important minerals including: Mn, Fe, I, Cu, K, Ca, Mg, Tyrosin, Choline, Glutamic Acid, etc. It is the chemical components, useful nutrients contained in celery makes it a vegetable that has the effect of curing and supporting the treatment of many diseases, in which there isgas pain and bloating because this vegetable is capable of covering the gas system in the intestines, help purify and detoxify quickly in the digestive tract.Follow these steps below:
- Pick fresh celery
- Cut off the roots
- Cleanse the celery with water
- Use a grater to grate celery
- Squeeze grated celery to get fresh celery juice
- Add a teaspoon of honey then mix well
- Boil this mixture under medium heat
- Let it cool in room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes
- Repeat the procedure three times every twenty days
Apples have long been considered to be very beneficial for health. There is a proverb saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Eating apples is considered as a way to maintain health and enhance longevity  .
Apples are very rich in nutrients, especially micronutrients, vitamins and fruit acids.
Pectin, protopectin, and pectin acids are substances that are abundant in apples, making apples become one of the leading foods which are good for digestion. The fiber contained in this fruit (digested very quickly) allows adjustment of digestive activity of the intestine. It helps to increase the volume of stools and decrease the time of digestion of the intestines. An unpeeled apple contains up to 3.7 grams of fiber. Pectin and protopectin are fast dissolving fibers. It helps accelerate the process of removing food waste from our body. Meanwhile, pectin (insoluble) acid helps stimulate digestion.
Base on the advice of experts, eating whole apples is better than drinking apple juice because if you only drink apple juice, you have wasted precious fiber of this fruit. Additionally, eating an apple when the stomach is empty is more preferably in the morning, making the fluid in the intestines smooth.
Since ancient times, peppermint has been used a lot as a remedy to treat many different diseases. Peppermint is used to stimulate the digestive system, treat symptoms of abdominal pain, bloating, discomfortable stomach,etc . Peppermintleaf extracts, mint essential oil are natural essential oil inheriting the outstanding properties in the treatment of diseases related to the intestines. This will be completely user-friendly for the patients suffering from gas pain and bloating because it acts quickly and is completely pure natural, no additives, avoid the side effects on the body. Peppermint oil is effective for treating abdominal pain, indigestion quickly, helping clear the intestinal tract and in digestion well. In addition, this kind of oil also helps patients feel better and have ability toconsume more delicious meals. When used, people can feel the comfort, intestinal cleansing as well as their spirits become more exciting.When experiencing bloating, how to make use of peppermint as one of home remedies for gas pain and bloating:
Method 1: Peppermint And Alcohol
- Take 5gr of dry peppermintleaves
- Put 5ml of peppermint oil in 100ml of alcohol.
- Stir the mixture well
- Drink 2-3 times a day depending on the conditions of stomach.
Method 2: Peppermint Tea
- Prepare 5gr of peppermint leaves
- Wash through and through
- Leave leaves dry
- Add 250ml of pure water in a pan then boil
- Put peppermint leaves into boiled water
- Cover the pan and simmer for a few minutes
- Savor the tea 2 times per day
10. Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating – Avocado
Avocados contain enzymes that digest lipase, which breaks down the bonds of fat. This enzyme works to move food from the stomach to the small intestine, which helps prevent the accumulation of gases in the stomach. In addition, many studies have shown that beta-sitosterol in avocados also reduces cholesterol levels. How to do:
- Break a whole fresh avocado
- Peel off the avocado’s brown skin
- Use a grater to grate avocadomeat
- Grind avocado meat with enough water to make a liquid
- Put this liquid into a bag or cloth
- Squeeze it to extract the avocado milk
- You can add some ice for better flavor
Caution: Avocados are famous for their natural ingredients and are often added to many people’s diets. Avocados have a lot of health benefits but over-consumption can cause serious side effectssuch as flu, paralysis, nausea, gastrointestinal disturbances, vomiting, migraines, fever, drowsiness, and asthma. Hence, eating a limited amount of avocado is of significant importance. Or else, you should seek advices from experts before choosing this kind of fruit as a home remedies treatment for gas pain and bloating.
Don’t skip: Top 38 Natural Home Remedies For Colon Cleansing Detox
Bananais also an effective anti-flatulence product and also has the effect of flattening the abdomen. The abundant potassium and vitamin A in the banana help the body release water from the cells that cause abdominal distention. In addition, eating bananas also help your body produce a dose of sodium, which can reduce the tendency of bloating, flatulence.
12. Home Remedies For Gas Pain and Bloating – Watermelon
Watermelon works to remove excess water, causing bloating in the stomach.
92% of the watermelon iswater, so this is a fruit that has the effect of diuretic. When eating fruits with large water content means that the body eliminates the corresponding amount of water. Hence, watermelon has the functions of both purifying the body and drained excess water causing bloating in the stomach. People can eat watermelon directly or make watermelon juice.
13. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is proven to be very helpful in treating flatulence, indigestion, heartburn. Apple cider vinegar has a neutralizing effect, reducing the stomach acid – the cause of gas pain and bloating.
Diluting one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water, taking a pre-meal drink will have an effective effect.
14. Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating – Pear
If you have digestive problems, think about eating a pear. Pearis a fruit that is available almost all around the year, has a refreshing function and is rich in fiber. On average, every 100gr of pear contains about 2.3gr of fiber.
Additionally, pear contains cellulite and hemicellulose. By absorbing a lot of water in our body, these fibers bulge and promote digestion of the intestines.
Do not remove the pear skinswhen they are eaten because the pear skins contain more fiber than the meat inside.
When there is a feeling of flatulence, indigestion, you should use someclean ice cubes. How to take advantage of ice pack:
- Put on a towel then put on the stomach
- Move gently to uncomfortablestomach for approximately 30 minutes then massage the belly gently in the direction of the circle around the navel.
- Next, you should take a bath with cool water so that your body can relax, you will feel much more comfortable afterwards.
Caution: In case it is too cold on your stomach, remove the ice pack and let the abdominal relax for a while before continuing this method.
16. Break Apart To Avoid Eating Too Much
Eat less is the first solution, but if you do not want to be hungry, it is better to eat less but more meals. If you switch from 3 to 4 or 5 meals a day, you still consume the same amount of nutrient but will feel better, because you simply do not have to digest too much at the same time.
Personally, I find by using this method, it is not only good for stomach but also helps the energy level of the day is more harmonious allocation. Let’s try – you will be much more rewarding for one change!
17. Get Rid Of Carbonated Drinks
At first, I must say sorry to people in love with soft drinks, but this kind of carbonated drinks may be the main cause of bloating. They may be delicious, but you will also swallow carbon dioxide, and excess air in your stomach makes it swell.
The main cause of flatulence is excess gas. Of course, there is some gas created in your body, but there’s also the gas you swallow. Carbon dioxide is a major crime because of the popularity of soft drinks and carbonated drinks (even soda water). If you experience flatulence, stop drinking soft drinks, you will see improvement.
Soft drinks also have a long list of negative health effects, such as unwanted weight gain, insulin resistance, and heart disease. It is best to stay away!
18. Be Careful About How You Eat
Carbonated drinks are not the only source of gas you swallow. You also swallow the air during normal eating.
If you do multi tasks at the same time such as eating and talking simultaneously, you swallow the air you may not recognize. Hence, you should follow some guidance below:
- Eat slowly: Chew slowly and close your mouth when chewing, as this is an effective way to reduce the amount of gas you swallow.
Remove the straw: Either do not use the straw, or make sure you do not breathe through your nose while you are absorbing water. And do the same when drinking directly, do not breathe and drink at the same time.
- Chewing Gum: Just like when you talk to someone in the mouth, chewing gum is easy for you to swallow. Try to reduce this habit if you get flatulence.
Restricted food: Foods rich in starch such as bread or dumplings, sweets such as candy, high-sweet fruit, milk and dairy products etc. that you should not use much. It will generate a lot of gas in your digestive system.
In addition, soft drinks or carbonated mineral water, alcohols, malted foods, vinegar foods, pickles, mushrooms, green cheese … are also recommended not to be used to avoid getting infected with gas pain and bloating
19. Do Not Exercise Or Work Right After Eating
Too dynamic immediately after meals affect the digestive process, leading to bloating and discomfort because your body has been designed not to rest and work at the same time: Digesting is taking a rest, physical activity is working.
When your body is focused on digesting but you get it working by running or exercising, you’re messing things up: stomach and intestines. Simultaneously, it can cause discomfort, while reducing exercise performance.
That is why you must always ensure enough time before doing exercise or working. Try to spend at least 1-2 hours after eating and then practice.
20. Eat Less Salty Foods
Sodium (sodium) can contribute to gas pain and bloating, as it keeps water easily and water retention is a good staple in bloating.
Water is important to your body, because 50% – 75% of your body is water. But when too much water is retained in the body such as blood vessels, it can affect blood pressure and make your whole body feel full (mainly in the stomach, arms, legs and face)
Reducing salt intake and foods containing sodium will reduce water retention rates. It is advised that people should not consume more than 2300 mg sodium (Sodium) daily, less than 1500 / day the better.
21. Home Remedies for gas pain and bloating – Cooked Vegetables And Fruits
Vegetables are good for health but vegetables are high in insoluble fiber. This organic compound helps feed through your digestive tract easily, but it is also quite difficult for the body to separate and absorb them, resulting in vaporization and bloating. Hence, remember to boil the vegetables when you eat because it helps to soften the fiber in fruits and vegetables, making them easier to absorb.
22. Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating – Reduce Stress
Stress can put your body in a state of disturbance, sometimes leading to diarrhea and flatulence. Stress may not be the only reason but it is a factor to consider.
If you are feeling nervous, or anxious, you should relax a little to calm down. Walk for a moment to relax, listen to your favorite music, or watch a movie. Then go back to the reason why you stress to deal with calm mind.
23. Massage The Abdomen With Essential Oils
You can use some hot oils or a mixture of garlic oil and soybean oil with the ratio 1: 1 and then gently massage the ring around the navel in a clockwise direction and reverse quickly. You will quickly get a pleasant feeling.
Another way to massage your stomach is to use your thumb, press the belly several times in a straight line from the middle of the chest through your bellyabove the belly about 5cm.Repeat this method and you will experience effective effects
The above-mentioned home remedies for gas pain and bloating are claimed to be able to reduce the symptoms of gas pain and bloating heavy. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 25 Natural Home Remedies For Gas Pain And Bloating On Children And Adults” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.