The latest Wisconsin University (USA) survey found that 5% of men under 40 have erectile dysfunction. The general disorder rate for this age group is 40% and increases to 50% when reaching the age of 50. More worryingly, this rate is increasing with age. Therefore, men should learn about the disease for timely preventive and treatment measures.
Vu Van Thanh, 37 years old, from Quang Ninh, Vietnam, said: “Previously, the relationship of my wife and I was still good. But for about two months until now, my work has become much busier, which makes me often go out early and return late. It makes me really stressed and the “making love”, therefore, is also influenced to some extent.
Recently, my penis was hard to erect or erect but then dropped quickly. I felt helpless because my penis has protested and my wife seemed dissatisfied, causing the family atmosphere to become tense.” Not only Mr. Thanh, but also many other men are concerned about the same signs. Dr. Truong Hoang Minh – Head of Department of Urology – Kidney Transplant, 115 People's Hospital, Ho Chi Minh city was praised by many patients as a conscientious, considerate doctor. Besides the reputation in the field of kidney and urology, the good news about Dr. Truong Hoang Minh with “cool hand” in the treatment of urology has increasingly spread. Today, Dr. Truong Hoang Minh will help gentlemen understand and have the right medical care when they fall into a delicate situation – erectile dysfunction. We invite you to read the consultation of Dr. Truong Hoang Minh about basic information about erectile dysfunction and natural and quick home remedies for erectile dysfunction.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
is a condition in which the penis does not erect or unable to erect, leading to the incomplete sexual activity.
Erectile dysfunction is a syndrome of male physiological symptoms such as physiological weakness, premature ejaculation, lack of sensation, or some signs of male hormone depletion.
Classification Of Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction can be divided into four groups:
- Group 1: Loss of ability and desire for sexual needs. The penis is completely soft and cannot meet the normal physiological needs of the partner.
- Group 2: Still affected by sex and sexual desire, but the penis cannot be erect when stimulated.
- Group 3: The penis chooses the wrong time. The cases in this group, when excited, the penis will erect, but during the first sex, the penis is soft. Sometimes nothing is stimulating, the penis also self-erect.
- Group 4: This is the case in which the penis is still erect, the desire and excitement of the patient remain, but once inserted into the body of his partner, the penis immediately softens.
What Are Common Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction?
There are many causes leading to erectile dysfunction, including:
- Being nervous: Diseases caused by neurological symptoms such as nerves damaged by tobacco and alcohol, and nerve inflammation due to surgery. Patients may encounter neurological complications which disrupt signaling pathways between the nervous system and organs in the body. This leads to the failure to respond to the signals emitted by the body.
- Disorders in the circulatory system: This is mainly because the blood flow to the penis is blocked, or blood flows too fast through the veins in the penis region, making the erectile tissue work incorrectly.
- The amount of male hormone: The amount of male hormone testosterone drops sharply.
- Side effects of drugs: Cardiovascular drugs, sedatives, antidepressants, antihistamines, sleeping pills, steroids may weaken muscles.
- Over-exposed sex, porn and masturbation: This is a typical case in young people. The uncontrol of sex may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Aging: Age is a common cause of erectile dysfunction. As men get older, the testicles reduce genital secretions, thus, it decreases sexual desire.
- Psychology: This is extremely uncomfortable and difficult to treat. When a patient experiences an accident and leaves emotional traumas, it also reduces the need for sex, and the physiological function goes down as well. Gradually, they lose their ability and regard it as an inferiority complex, finally impotent to the penis.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a disorder of sexual dysfunction that is manifested through incomplete erections or not enough erections to be able to have sex regularly. More specifically, you may be aware of erectile dysfunction through the following symptoms:
- When there is sexual stimulation, the penis is erect but not hard.
- The penis does not erect at the right time. It means that it may be erect when stimulated, but it cannot erect when patients are at real sex.
- The penis has an erection but when inserted into the vagina, it does not last long and returns to its original state of softening, causing the disappointment for both and cannot be orgasmic.
- Men lose their sexual desire.
- Also, low testosterone levels may lead to arthritis and osteoporosis, loss of energy, weight gain, and weak muscles.
Who Is At High Risk Of Erectile Dysfunction?
The older you are, the more likely you have erectile dysfunction. About half of all men in their 65s and three-quarters of men in their 80s have erectile dysfunction. You can limit your chances by reducing risk factors. Please consult your doctor for more details about your case.
When To See A Doctor?
You should contact your doctor immediately if:
- You are concerned about your erectile dysfunction or are having other sexual problems like ejaculatory disorders, premature ejaculation, or delayed ejaculation.
- You have diabetes, heart disease, or other known health conditions that may be associated with erectile dysfunction.
- You have other symptoms along with erectile dysfunction.
In addition to the symptoms mentioned above, you may also fall into other diseases; see the doctor immediately to check your health.
There, you have discovered some information about erectile dysfunction. To overcome this condition, many people come to see a doctor. However, if you want to prevent this disease, or your situation is not too severe, you can apply the natural remedies mentioned in this article. These home remedies for erectile dysfunction are not time-consuming but very effective. Take a look!
Top 15 Effective Home Remedies For Erectile Dysfunction Treatment In Men
1. Rational Living Habits
It is necessary to change your habits and lifestyle to limit the progression of erectile dysfunction:
- Quit smoking: Smoking is associated with severe erectile dysfunction , so quit it immediately if you are suffering from this health issue. If you have difficulty in quitting smoking or need help, you can replace nicotine with gum, you can also ask your doctor for prescriptions that may help you give up smoking.
- Play sports: In addition to working hours, men need leisure time with sports and physical activities to relieve stress and train endurance. It is both a healthy and effective remedy for erectile dysfunction. Sports such as jogging, swimming, etc. are suitable for people with erectile dysfunction. So if you want to have a healthy sexual life, then practice sports regularly.
- Quit alcohol and stimulants: Drinking or over-using illegal drugs and alcohol may exacerbate erectile dysfunction directly or by causing long-term health problems.
- Improve relationship issues: Improve relationships with partners or troubleshoot problems in your work.
- Do not overuse sex, watch too much porn or masturbate too much, especially young people. Many men have erectile dysfunction only because of these causes.
- Reasonable resting mode: When the body is overworked and staying up late, the body becomes tired, depressed, and weak. It is also a significant cause of erectile dysfunction in men. To alleviate this problem, patients need to go to bed and wake up at a certain time every day, not to stay up late to make the body refreshing, comfortable, and create good psychology and confidence in life.
- Have sex regularly: Having sex will help keep your mind relaxed. At the same time, it may stimulate and correct erectile dysfunction.
2. Physical Activity
Exercise may alleviate some of the erectile dysfunction symptoms by reducing stress, helping you lose weight, and increasing blood flow. Before working out, you need to determine the position of the pubococcygeus muscle (PC) group
on your body. The pubococcygeus muscle has the ability to control urination and ejaculation in men; you can identify this group of muscles by letting the flow of urine out, then force the pubococcygeus muscle to stop its flow. Or a more straightforward way is to put your finger on the anus. When you touch the pubococcygeus muscle, the anus will shrink.
Step 1: PC Exercises For Beginners
To implement this method, please follow the steps below:
- Hold and release the PC, performed continuously for 10 seconds. Repeat this operation thrice, stopping 10 seconds between each exercise.
- Continue to hold and then release the PC muscle within 5 seconds, repeat this action 5 times, 5 seconds break between each time.
- Finally, hold and release the PC for 30 seconds, repeat this action thrice, take 30 seconds between each interval.
Most beginner males can hold on for more than 1-2 seconds, which will be an excellent platform for you to perform more complex exercises that require much more practice in the future.
Step 2: PC Exercises For Beginners – Fast-Paced
Please follow the steps below:
- Hold and release your PC 10 times continuously. Repeat this action for thrice, break 10s between each time.
- Hold down the PC muscle while the mouth counts from 1 to 10, the speed of counting is fast or slow, depending on your decision.
- Finally, squeeze the PC muscle and keep it as long as you can. The best holding time is 2 minutes.
Step 3: PC Exercise For Beginners – Lifting The Penis
- The person in a sitting position tries to move or lift the penis by bending the PC muscle, squeezing and holding it as long as possible. Repeat this move 5 times, break 30 seconds between each time.
- Whether you’re at home or work, you can do this exercise by merely bending your PC’s muscles to make the penis move.
- Try to continue to bend this muscle group every day, repeating with as many times as you like.
This is another must-try home remedy for erectile dysfunction. 70% of the body is water, so if it is dehydrated, the functions in the organs will be severely affected, and cause many health problems, including erectile dysfunction in men. Therefore, to avoid erectile dysfunction or to treat it effectively , it is advisable to drink plenty of water to hydrate the body and help organs function well.
Follow these directions:
- You should drink slowly for the body to absorb.
- Drink plenty of water in the morning and descend in the evening.
- Depending on the personal health status, each person needs to drink a different amount of water, usually 8 glasses (equivalent to 2 liters of water), but you should adjust to suit your body needs.
- The best time to drink water is in the morning. After a long sleep, your body is dehydrated pretty much so you should provide your body with a cup of water. You can also drink a glass of lemon juice with less sugar after waking up in the morning.
- Do not drink boiled water many times. When the water is boiled, again and again, the steam evaporates several times, resulting in increased levels of heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, and nitrate in the water. When absorbed into the body, it will be harmful.
- Do not drink too much water before going to bed because you will have to pee, the secretion system will have to work hard, and of course, you will not sleep well. Limit water intake after 6 pm and drink 45 minutes to 1 hour before bed.
- Do not drink water immediately after heavy exercise because it will put pressure on the heart. Ideally, you should drink slowly and take a small sip.
- Do not drink carbonated soft drinks instead of purified water because it is a health hazard if you drink too much. Besides, it makes you fat, leading to erectile dysfunction.
The amount of zinc in 100 grams of fresh oysters is nearly 10 times as much as that in 100 grams of pork, 50 times as much as that in 100 grams of fresh fish. However, when using oysters as a nutritional supplement for the body, people need to choose carefully, because oysters may absorb toxins and parasites from the sea.
Recipe 1: Oysters And Cheese
Follow these steps to have the most delicious oysters ever:
- Preparation: 3 live oysters, 1/2 cup of cheese, 1 parsley, salt, pepper, chili powder, 100 ml of fresh milk, 1 teaspoon of onion soup.
- Turn on the oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes before processing.
- Remove the upper shells of the oysters and cut parsley into small pieces.
- Boil fresh milk, onion soup, and parsley with some salt, pepper and then let the mixture cool down.
- Put oysters on a baking tray, sprinkle the sauce and cover with cheese and chili powder.
- Bake the oysters in 10 minutes and then enjoy.
Recipe 2: Oysters And Lemongrass
- Preparation: 200 grams of fresh oyster meat, 3 branches of fresh lemongrass, and 1 chili.
- Wash the oysters, drain and add some fish sauce.
- Remove the crust of lemongrass and then chop it into small pieces. Mix oyster with lemongrass and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Boil them with some oil and consume
Typically, testosterone is the hormone that plays a dominant role in male sexual function. In particular, the hormones involved in sperm regulation are FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) and LH (Luteinizing Hormone) of the pituitary gland. FSH stimulates spermatogenesis and the excretion of Sertoli cells to nourish sperm. Testosterone, along with FSH hormone, acts on Sertoli cells in the testicles to produce sperm and increase sexual desire. It stimulates the cerebral cortex to produce more nitric oxide. When there is sexual excitement, NO (catalyst for cortical blood) is released directly from the ends of the sympathetic epithelium, causing smooth muscle relaxation and blood clotting. After all, it will make erections. Thus, NO is considered to be the end product of stimulation and desires.
L-Arginine – an amino acid derived from arginine – is a source of NO. Arginine stimulates the production of growth hormone and participates in the metabolism of the body. When the body is provided with a sufficient amount of L-Arginine, it will significantly enhance health. L-Arginine also shows a marked improvement in blood pressure, and sexual dysfunction.
Here are some foods abundant in L-arginine you should add to your diet to improve erectile function:
- Animal sources such as dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, fresh milk); beef, pork, gelatin, poultry, seafood (lobster, salmon, snails) and so on.
- Plant sources such as wheat germ, wheat flour, flour, peanuts, nuts (coconut, peach) seeds (pumpkin, sesame, sunflower), etc.
The next home remedy when it comes to natural home remedies for erectile dysfunction is figs. Figs contain vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, and potassium, which may help to enhance fertility and sexual stimulation. Figs also contain soluble fibers that are important to cardiovascular health.
Also, the fiber content in the figs makes it easy for you to get the right waistline. Besides, figs are rich in amino acids, which may not only increase the amount and quality of sperm but also shorten the time of sexual desire in men. The amino acid content in fig is proven to treat premature ejaculation.
Method 1: Only Figs
It is straightforward to use figs as a treatment for erectile dysfunction. You only need to eat 2-3 figs daily. This method will help you treat erectile dysfunction quickly and without taking time.
Method 2: Figs And Milk
To implement this method, please follow the steps below:
- Prepare 2-3 ripe figs and 200 ml of fresh milk.
- Wash the figs and then cut them into thin slices.
- Mix figs with milk and leave for 4-5 hours.
- Consume the mixture when you are hungry. You will get the best effect if you have figs for breakfast.
- You should use this method at least twice a day, continuously for several days to improve your sexual health.
Method 3: Figs And Tea
- Prepare 2 figs and 10 grams of green tea
- Rinse the figs and grind them with the help of a mill.
- Mix ground figs with green tea in the pot.
- Boil the mixture with water for 15 minutes.
- Drink this mixture instead of tea.
Eating too many figs may lead to diarrhea. Furthermore, dry figs contain high levels of sugar that may cause cavities. At the same time, some people are allergic to figs, or with certain substances present in this fruit, allergic reactions may range from mild to severe. Therefore, consult your doctor or healthcare professional before using figs.
Eating blueberries is very beneficial home remedy for erectile dysfunction. Blueberries are rich in soluble fiber, which helps to remove excess cholesterol before it is absorbed and stored in the bloodstream. It also helps to increase blood clotting on the penis, so it helps with erectile dysfunction.
To achieve the maximum effect, you should eat blueberries from 3 to 4 times per week.
This remedy is one of little – known home remedies for erectile dysfunction. Flavonoids in bananas may help increase sexual desire in men. Bananas also contain potassium and B vitamins, which help boost the body’s energy.
To use bananas as a treatment for erectile dysfunction, you only need to eat 2-3 bananas a day, or you can follow these steps below:
- Preparation: 1 box of yogurt, 2-3 bananas, and 100 grams of roasted peanuts.
- Peel the bananas and add to the blender with milk, honey (or sugar).
- Add some ice cubes and blend in 1 minute.
- Pour into the yogurt and mix with crushed peanuts.
- Enjoy the banana drink you have prepared.
- Repeat this process daily before going to bed until symptoms of erectile dysfunction are gone.
9. Dark Chocolate
Chocolate is a perfect ingredient to treat erectile dysfunction. Black chocolate is considered Viagra for men. Chocolate contains theobromine – an alkaloid similar to caffeine. It also contains phenylethylamine, a chemical that creates the feeling of love. Also, black chocolate has a large number of antioxidants, good for the body and help maintain the immune system.
You should eat a black chocolate bar or drink a cup of hot chocolate every day. That will help enhance the sexual ability and bring feelings of excitement and happiness. Men can also use black chocolate as a natural remedy for physiological weakness.
Avocado is another delicious food to stimulate sex because it is rich in monounsaturated fats. It is good for the heart, arteries, and blood circulation. This fruit also contains folate – a powerful protein for erectile function and sexual intercourse.
Please follow these steps below:
- Preparation: a ripe avocado, 60 grams of condensed milk, and 50 ml of fresh milk
- Use a sharp knife to cut the avocado and gently peel it. Alternatively, you can remove the seed of the avocado using a knife.
- Then, use a spoon to draw the meat of the avocado. Put avocado, condensed milk, fresh milk, and crushed ice in a blender. Blend them well, pour the avocado juice into a cup, and then enjoy.
- 15 Home Remedies For Chlamydia Symptoms: Itching & Infection
- 14 Effective Home Remedies For Candida Yeast Infection Treatment
The above-mentioned natural home remedies for erectile dysfunction are proved to be effective and time-saving. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treatment to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas to our article, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as possible.