Low blood pressure (also called Hypotension) is considered a problem among people whose blood pressure is lower than 120/80mmHg. In detail, a person’s blood pressure is considered to be low when his or her maximum blood pressure value is smaller than 100 mmHg. Almost low blood pressure patients have blood pressure value less than 90/60mmHg. Low blood pressure makes people feel fatigued, sleepy and dizzy.
To treat low blood pressure at home, you need to grasp some basics about this condition, otherwise you can’t treat it effectively. Read on the following parts to understand more about low blood pressure condition, then discover what the best natural home remedies for low blood pressure symptoms are.
What Are Signs And Symptoms Of Low Blood Pressure?
When you notice the symptoms below, it means that you probably have low blood pressure:
- Feel difficult to concentrate on something
- Easy to get angry
- Want to vomit something up
- Heart attack
What Are The Causes Of Low Blood Pressure?
The causes of low blood pressure are shown below:
- Some heart- related diseases: When heartbeat is lower than 60, your body does not have enough oxygen. Thus, hypotension will occur.
- Lose water in your body
When you vomit too much or have diarrhea for a long time, a large proportion of water in your body will lose. It makes you feel dizzy and even faint.
- Lose blood in your body
The large amount of blood in your body will lose if you have an accident or undergo an operation, etc.
- Women are in pregnant
Low blood pressure is a common symptom in women during pregnancy. But they should control their blood pressure level and notice about its signals.
- Lack of nutrition
If people are in shortage of any kinds of nutrients, it will cause many consequences, including low blood pressure.
- React With Some Kinds Of Medicine
There are some kinds of medicine make people’s blood pressure decrease, such as diuretic medicine, anesthetic medicine, medicine for depression, medicine for patients with high blood pressure, tranquilizer, and medicine for Parkinson’ patients.
- When Fluid Getting Into Some Body Parts
When fluid is inhaled into any parts of the body such as pleura, heart membrane, peritoneum with fast speed, blood pressure level will be lowered. Besides, some patients can have low blood pressure right after the injection needle is injected to their skin.
- When The Amount Of Glucose In Blood Decreases
When the amount of glucose is less than 2.5 mmol/l, people will suffer from fatigue, dizziness, shaking arms and legs, etc. These symptoms appear due to some reasons, including being hungry and having diabetes.
When diabetics use insulin, they can make some mistakes such as using overdose of insulin, absorbing insulin too fast to blood because of fat confusion under patient’s skin, warm compressing after injecting insulin, injecting insulin to arms, legs and muscles, eating too little or nothing after injecting insulin, taking diabetes-treating capsules without eating; not taking diabetes-treating capsules as instructions, pneumogastric nerve incitation.
Now it is time to find solutions for this nuisance disease at home by taking a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 11 Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Symptoms
1. Adjust Positions
Low blood pressure sufferers should take the steps below to adjust their positions, thereby improving their hypotension condition:
- Move to an airy place
- Lie on a bed or the floor
- Place your leg higher than your head by put something below your leg
After your low blood pressure symptoms are improved, take the following steps:
- Sit up gradually
- Move your legs and arms
- Stand up gradually
According to some scientific researches, ginger is hot. This characteristic makes ginger incite blood circulation efficiently. Thus, it is considered one of best home remedies for low blood pressure symptoms. To treat low blood pressure by using ginger, you can do these methods below:
Method 1: Ginger and hen’s egg
Make a dish for low blood pressure using hen’s egg and ginger:
- Prepare an egg and a bulb of ginger
- Remove ginger’s peel and wash thoroughly
- Slice washed ginger into pieces
- Put them into a pot and pour a cup of water into
- Boil this mixture in low fire in order to soothe the hotness of ginger
- Wait until the amount of water in the pot remains just 1/3 cup (about 85 ml)
- Add hen’s egg to the boiling mixture
- Stir well
- Take the dish out of the heat
- Let them cool down, put into a glass container and place in an airy place
- Eat this dish once a day, do it for a week to take its advantage
Method 2: Ginger and honey
What you have to do is:
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of honey and a bulb of ginger
- Peel ginger, wash thoroughly and slice
- Pour a cup of water into a pot
- Add ginger to this pot and boil the mixture of ginger and water in low heat
- Add 3 tablespoons of honey to the mixture
- Boil this mixture for 5 minutes
- Get the pot out of the heat after 5 minutes
- Let it cool down and pour it into a glass jar, put into a dry and airy place, avoid sunshine
- Mix 1 tablespoon of this mixture to a cup of hot water, drink it and relax
Method 3: Ginger tea
- Peel a bulb of ginger and wash them thoroughly
- Slice ginger into pieces
- Boil 200ml of water
- Dip a package of tea to hot water, followed by 4 slices of ginger
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Enjoy it
Cautions: Don’t use ginger for over 4 days if you are in pregnant. If pregnant women use ginger for more than 4 days, a number of clots will appear and pulse will be thin due to the hot of ginger.
Apply the following recipe to utilize this benefit of raisins:
- Prepare 20-35 raisins and a cup of boiled water
- Pour water in a bowl
- Soak raisins in a bowl of water overnight
- When you wake up in the morning, eat soaked raisins with an empty stomach, then drink raisin soaked water after eating raisins
- Repeat this process for 1- 2 months
4. Caffeinated Drinks
Caffeine can increase your blood pressure. Caffeinated drinks also work similarly because they can release more adrenaline in your body. Thus, to increase your blood pressure value, you should drink caffeinated beverages, such as hot cocoa, chocolate milk, coffee, energy drinks, chocolate milk, tea, and soda.
There are 2 ways to increase blood pressure for low blood pressure by using coffee, including just using coffee or mixing coffee with salt.
The latter may be strange with many people, but it is one of the most effective ways to harmonize blood pressure if you do it for a week or 10 days. All you have to do is to add ¼ teaspoon of salt to dense black coffee, stir well and drink it gradually.
- Don’t drink too much caffeinated drinks, otherwise they will harm you. You should just drink no more than 4 cups of coffee or 2 energy shot drinks every day.
- Don’t treat hypotension with caffeinated drinks if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
5. Salt Water
Salt water can increase proportion of water in your body. It also helps restore some of the causes of sodium loss in the body cells. This loss is probably related to hypotension. Thus, taking advantage of salt water can raise your blood pressure.
Your blood pressure can be raised if you take the steps below:
- ½- 1 teaspoon of salt
- A cup of lukewarm water
- Add salt to a cup of lukewarm water
- Stir well and drink it
- You also can add a little bit of sugar to salt water and drink it
You should also include more unrefined / sea salt into your diet to get similar effects.
Caution: Consult your doctor’s opinion before using this way if you have some heart diseases or are getting pregnant.
6. Basil Leaves
Basil is dense of nutrients. Among the nutrients of basil, beta- carotene and magnesium are beneficial for low blood pressure condition. These nutrients help harmonize heart beat and improve blood flow, thus normalizing blood pressure.
To make basil work effectively for your low blood pressure, you should do the methods below:
Method 1: Basil leaves
By this method, all you need to do is shown below:
- Prepare 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Wash them thoroughly
- Let them dry and chew them in the morning when you are not eat anything before
Method 2: Basil leaves and honey
- Prepare 10-15 fresh basil leaves, a teaspoon of honey and ¼ cup of water
- Wash basil leaves thoroughly and chop them finely
- Place chopped basil leaves into a sieve and squeezes them in order to extract its juice
- Add this juice to ¼ cup of water and stir well
- Add a teaspoon of honey and stir well
- Drink this juice when your stomach is empty
Caution: Basil leaves are not allowed to use for breastfeeding women. It is not good for mother’s milk flow at all.
Ginseng is considered as a scarce herb. It can raise blood pressure by producing acid nitric. Thus, it can be used to treat low blood pressure or hypotension.
Take the following steps if you want to use ginseng to raise your blood pressure:
- 1-3 tablespoons of sliced ginseng root
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Put sliced ginseng root to a pot
- Pour water to the pot
- Cover the pot
- Stew it for about 15 – 25 minutes
- Remove ginseng root, take ginseng root juice
- Drink this juice daily to enjoy its efficiency
Caution: Ginseng is not allowed to use for pregnant women.
8. Licorice Root
Licorice root is rich in glycyrrhizin. This ingredient in licorice root retains sodium in your body, thereby increasing blood pressure. To make licorice root work for low blood pressure patients, you should do these following steps:
- Take a teaspoon of dried licorice herb or licorice powder and a cup of water
- Pour the licorice root and water to the pot
- Cover this pot and heat them for about 7- 10 minutes
- Use the sieve to extract water to the cup
- Drink this juice daily to enjoy its efficiency
- If you have some heart disease or diabetes, consult your doctor’s opinion
- Don’t use licorice juice for a long time, otherwise you will be lack of potassium
- Licorice juice can water retention
- Don’t use this method for pregnant women in order to ensure that your babies in the womb won’t become disable people when they are born.
9. Rosemary And Olive Oil
Blood circulation can be improved with the help of rosemary because it has the ability to boost central nerve system. Follow the guidelines below to treat low blood pressure effectively:
- ¼ cup of dried rosemary leaves
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Put dried rosemary leaves to a jar
- Add olive oil to this jar
- Cover the jar and let it be there for 2-3 days
- Pour the mixture into another jar
- Cover this jar and wait for 30 minutes
- Use the oil to massage body daily in order to increase blood pressure
10. Take More Potassium
Potassium can normalize the blood pressure. In fact, taking enough potassium through a diet is a must-know basic upon handling cardiovascular issues. To increase your low blood pressure, you should take advantage of high-potassium foods like bananas, vegetables, citrus fruits, legumes and chia seeds.
11. Keep Your Body Well Hydrated
Increasing your consumption of water daily will help increase blood pressure. Dehydration decreases blood volume, and causes a reduction in systemic blood pressure.
To hydrate your body from inside out, you ought to eat more water-rich veggies and fruits like celery, zucchini, cucumbers, cabbage, tomatoes, apples, papaya, pears, and pineapple.
There we have introduced to you some of the best natural home remedies for low blood pressure. Leave a message below if you want to contribute any idea about our article.
For more information about home remedies for other diseases, please visit Home Remedies page.