When you accidentally discovered some bruises on the arms or thighs for unknown reasons, you are often worried about. In fact, bruises are a common skin injury or the result of blood vessels transporting blood back and forth from the heart to organs and other tissues of the body that are broken due to injury or weakness. This condition often disappears after a few weeks, but you should not hurry because it may be confused with signs of health conditions.
Are you worried about bruises? Are you looking for how to prevent or treat bruises? Don’t worry; the following article will help you. These natural remedies are very so simple and effective that you can follow easily at home. However, let’s learn some basic information about this disease first to get the best view on it and to help you determine the condition of your bruises for appropriate treatment.
- 10 Amazing Tips On How To Use Onion For Bruises Removal
- 17 Tips How To Treat Bruised Ribs From A Fall Or Coughing Fast
What Are Bruises?
Bruises, also called contusion, are purple or bluish-colored patches that occur on the skin when small blood vessels called capillaries under the skin break or burst. The blood from the tiny vessels leaks into soft tissues under the skin, causing the discoloration. Often, it fades through shades of green or yellow after about two weeks. Bruises feel swollen or tender at first.
What Are Common Causes Of Bruises?
Subcutaneous hemorrhage is a common phenomenon, usually due to collisions or occurring naturally due to deficiencies of vitamins and folic acid, etc. But you need to pay attention to the painless bruises because they may be a sign of blood diseases. When you see bruises on your skin, you need to know that blood (mainly red blood cells) is released from the bloodstream and then a series of sequential reactions to create a hemostatic stopper at the wound site to prevent further bleeding and heal the wound, eventually restoring normal circulation. The above process is a very complex interaction of many factors, such as blood vessels, platelets, and clotting factors. Thus, skin lesions may be due to traumatic injury, impingement, and hematoma after surgery, post-infusion, bumping into door frames, bed frame, chair, or post without noticing, and other conditions such as scoliosis.
Other causes of bruises are:
If you regularly see bruises on the skin for unknown reasons, you should check for diabetes because this is one of the warning signs. The reason is internal capillary bleeding because of too weak blood vessels.
- Do Exercise
People who practice fast or weight exercises can accidentally hurt themselves. Exercise also puts a lot of pressure on the muscles, which cause tiny blood vessels to break down, causing bruises.
After the age of 60, you may appear unreasonable bruises on the body.
- Blood Disorders
People with hemophilia, bleeding, and prolonged bleeding will cause bruises, even the smallest impact. Unexplained bruises may also be a sign of blood cancer. If the bruise appears accompanied by symptoms such as root canal bleeding and nosebleed, you may have anemia. Once the platelet deficiency affects the blood clotting process, there will be heavier organism hemorrhage, cerebral hemorrhage, renal failure, etc. If it isn’t detected timely, it is very dangerous. Therefore, you should see a doctor in the case of frequent-occurring bruises.
Taking overdose of some medicines such as aspirin, birth control pills, steroids, etc. may cause unexplained bruises on the skin.
- Bleeding Due To Dermatitis
In this condition, blood leaking from small capillaries leads to thousands of small bruises, which may cause itching. Take medication to avoid risks.
- Vitamin C Deficiency
Vitamin C is very important in wound healing and collagen formation. Vitamin C deficiency causes small blood vessels to break, leading to bruises.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Bruises?
Symptoms vary depending on the reason for bruises. Discoloration of your skin is the first symptom. While they are black and blue, bruises may also be red, purple, green, brown, and yellowish.
You may experience tenderness and pain in the affected area. These symptoms often improve when the bruises heal. Because the skin is not damaged by the bruise; so, there is no risk of infection.
Who Is At Risk Of Bruises?
Bruising is a very common condition that may affect any age. However, it mostly occurs in older people and people with blood disorders.
When To See A Doctor?
You should see a doctor if you have the following signs:
- Bruising when taking aspirin or other anticoagulants
- Swelling and pain in the affected area
- Bruising occurring after a sharp collision or falls
- Bruising occurring along with fractures.
- Bruising does not improve within two weeks or does not improve completely after three or four weeks.
- Bruise under the nail, causing pain
- Bruising accompanied by blood in feces, urine, and eyes
- Bruising along with bleeding from your nose, gums, or mouth
- Bruise for unknown reasons, especially periodic
- Bruising that causes no pain
- Bruising that reoccurs in the same area without injury
- Deep bruises on the legs
You have discovered some information about bruises. Many people come to see a doctor to overcome this condition. However, if you want to treat this disease or your condition is not too severe, you can fully apply the home remedies we mention below. With these home treatments for bruises, you can do them at home. They are time-consuming but very effective. It is time to find out what the best home remedies for bruises are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 13 Natural Home Remedies For Bruises On Face, Arms And Legs
1. Using Ice
This is the first remedy in the list top 20 natural home remedies for bruises. Cold application is the first thing you should do when having bruises. It will not only help you feel comfortable by relieving the pain but also reduce swelling. Applying an ice compress immediately after the injury may aid in reducing blood flow around the affected area. Cooling the blood vessels may decrease the amount of blood leaking into the surrounding tissue. Therefore, it may reduce the appearance of the bruise and relieve swelling.
- Put the ice cubes in a towel and put them directly on the bruise
- Apply it to the bruise for 15-20 minutes to reduce swelling and pain.
Note: Apply this remedy only for young and healthy people who do not have hypothermia.
2. Applying Warmth
The list of top 20 natural home remedies for bruises is incomplete without a warm compress. The warm compress is used when you apply an ice compress after 48 hours, but the bruise remains or used in cases of severe shock and hematoma. It also helps to reduce swelling and pain, especially after a collision .
- Bruises often occur after a collision, which makes the blood is difficult to circulate. Use a warm towel to cover the bruise and gently apply it to the bruise.
- Massage gently for good blood circulation.
Do this remedy for children and the elderly, as they are prone to hypothermia if we have put a cold compress.
3. Aloe Vera And Parsley
Aloe vera and parsley have potent antibiotic and wound healing properties, and they are also rich in vitamins. Therefore, they help to improve the bruise quickly by reducing pain and swelling inflammation.
- Prepare 200 gr of aloe vera and 200 gr of parsley
- Wash aloe vera and parsley. Cut the edges and remove aloe vera bark. Cut the parsley into small pieces
- Add aloe vera and parsley to the grinder to grind
- Apply this mixture to the bruise 3 times a day to relieve pain and swelling
This is one of the most effective treatments in the list top 20 natural home remedies for bruises. Cabbage leaves may help to get rid of bruises on your face. The anti-inflammatory activities of berteroin found in cabbage aid in reducing swelling and treating bruises quickly.
- Prepare 400gr of cabbage
- Wash cabbage and chop cabbage in small pieces
- Put the whole cabbage into the blender to grind it
- Filter for water and soak a cotton pad to absorb into the solution.
- Apply it to the affected area for 4-5 minutes
5. Green Onion
If you have a small and mild bruise, you can use a green onion to treat it. Use pounded green onion on the affected skin will dissolve the blood clot effectively. But, avoid using this method on open wounds. Green onion or scallion has a rich dose of vitamin C that offers antioxidant properties. Therefore, it has been shown to boost the immune system and prevent infection 
- Prepare 200gr fresh green onion.
- Rinse the green onion and cut off the bottom that has the white color.
- Crush the white onion and apply it to the bruise after 15-20 minutes.
- Bruises will quickly disappear.
Pineapple is effective in treating bruise because it is rich in bromelain. This compound may help to reduce pain and swelling due to bruises. Bromelain also helps relieve the blood bruises on the skin surface and prevent the blood from clotting.
- Prepare half of the pineapple
- Remove pineapple shell and then cut it into pieces
- Put them into the grinder and grind it
- You can drink or apply it to the affected area
7. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a natural antioxidant that aids in manufacturing collagen, critical for treating damaged blood vessels. People with bruises sometimes have low levels of vitamin C in the blood. Increasing intake of vitamin C and supplementing with the key nutrient has been found to improve bruises.
For reducing bruises, you can consume about 1,500 mg of vitamin C per day. If you want to consume more vitamin C, you need a doctor’s advice. If you are afraid to go to the doctor, try to consume a lot of foods with vitamin C, such as citrus fruits and dark green vegetables. Therefore, during getting bruises, you should add green vegetables and fruits, especially citrus fruits such as orange, tangerine, and grapefruit to the daily diet to supply the body with vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Working on the computer for a long time or staying up late are the causes of dark circles or swollen eyes. With this condition, you will lose confidence when appearing in front of the crowd. Caffeine offers many health benefits, apart from giving you focus and energy. When applied topically or ingested, caffeine aids in increasing blood circulation to the skin. This helps to decrease swelling, and aid the blood in removing the clotted blood, fading the bruise faster.
- Use cotton pads to soak in black coffee and apply them to the eyes
- Relax for about 10 minutes
- For other areas of the skin, apply coffee powder to the affected areas, and cover it with the gauze or a bandage. Leave it on for 1 hour and remove it with water.
Note: Do not sprinkle the coffee powder on your eyes as this will be very dangerous.
9. Leaves Of Mandarin
Leaves of mandarin have a positive effect on reducing bruises. Mandarins have a high source of vitamin C that offers a lot of health benefits . This essential vitamin aids in fighting unstable molecules in the body called free radicals thanks to its antioxidant activities. We know that free radicals in our body may result in infectious disease and even cancer. The antioxidants in mandarins fight free radicals and prevent cellular damage .
- Prepare 20 g mandarin leaves
- Wash the mandarin leaves and let it dry
- Pour the mandarin leaves into the pan and heat them
- Add 400ml of water, boil until the water is 100 ml.
- Drink the solution 2 times a day for 3-5 days
- In addition, you can wash the mandarin leaves, grind, and apply to the affected area. After 3 hours, remove it. Follow this remedy 3 to 5 days
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar helps to increases blood flow and enhance the healing process. Using this mixture on the affected area helps the blood gathering below your skin to circulate and keep blood spots from happening.
- Cut a few slices of onion and mix them with apple cider vinegar. Apply it to the bruised area
- Or, soak a small cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply directly to the wound or mix it with egg white before applying to the bruise.
The next remedy in the list of natural home remedies for bruises is turmeric. It contains curcumin that offers potent anti-inflammatory, healing wounds, and dialysis properties . Also, it is used in a lot of effective skin care products such as scar removal, bruises, etc.
- Prepare 5 grams turmeric powder and 100ml white wine
- Stir the mixture to a paste and then apply it to the bruised area for 30 minutes
- After about 30 minutes, you can wash it with clean water
Onion is one of the common home remedies for bruises. In addition to relieving pain, onion is a well-known remedy for treating wounds and other issues such as obstruction, sprains, and swelling. Rubbing an onion slice on the bruised surface helps to prevent blood from building up under the skin, and to relieve inflammation.
Grind the onion with salt, put it on the bruised area and secure it overnight. You will see a big change in the next morning.
13. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has the ability to fight inflammation very well. When applied to the injury, coconut oil creates a chemical layer that protects the injured part from external dust, fungi, virus, and bacteria. It is most effective in treating bruises because it increases the healing process by fixing damaged tissues.
Pour a little coconut oil into a soft towel and then apply it to the bruised area.
In addition to the above remedies, you should also apply the tips below to help treat bruises quickly.
- Relax yourself
When injured, the most important thing to avoid is stress. Psychological stress can directly affect wound healing processes.
Massage helps the body to relax. To treat any disease, comfort is also a necessity. Massage with some special oils of plants and natural flowers help you relax the muscles and forget the fear and pain from the bruises.
Being exposed to the sun is the best and most appropriate way to treat bruises. Many people avoid the sun because they think the sun damages their skin. However, you can use sunscreen to prevent such damage. Sun rays are capable of self-healing burn injuries and bruises easily and effectively.
The above mentioned natural home remedies are claimed to be able to reduce symptoms of bruises. Although the home remedies are quite time-consuming and slow-acting, their results are surprising. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.