Table Of Contents
As the saying goes “We are as attached to our head’s hair as it initially is to us” so that throughout all time people have always pay special attention to what they look with their clothes, their shoes, their faces, and their hair. An undesirable head of hair will make one person lose their confidence immediately. That is also the feelings of those who are having trouble with frizzy hair. For many, they are maybe familiar with frizzy hair, but understanding precisely what causes this problem is the key to tame and fix it. Continue reading this article on True Remedies to discover what causes frizzy hair and then find out more about the best ways on how to fix it at home.
- Top 29 proven solutions for dry hair in summer
- 23 best tips to get rid of static hair quickly
- Top 21 proven ways for controlling hair fall
- Top 35 unexpected treatments for oily hair in summer
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, And Prevention Tips
I. What Is Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair, also called frizz, happens when the cuticle layer of each strand of your hair opens up, allowing the moisture from the air to pass through and swell all the strands. As a consequence, your hair starts being frizzy and dry instead of being defined and smooth. In common, those who have curly hair are more susceptible to getting frizzing hair than those who have straight hair because the strands are more likely to dehydrate, leaving the strands more vulnerable and easy to be frizzy. There are three different types of frizzy hair, including surface frizz, halo frizz, and in-the-curl frizz. Surface frizz is a kind of frizzy hair that you only get on the outer side of your hair instead of the underneath of your hair. Halo frizz is another type, which only occurs on the top layer of your hair on your head and does not appear elsewhere. The third type is in-the-curl frizz which frizzes its ways through the curls to kill the look of the smooth curls. All in all, frizzy hair is a consequence of a mess of hair at the top of your head.
II. What Causes Frizzy Hair
Frizzy hair can occur to anyone. The fight against frizzy hair can be not simple, and at the very first stage, the sufferers have to understand what frizzy hair stems from. Except for some inevitable factors such as weather or gene, you can improve the following causes.
1. The Water Temperature
You may feel relaxed with extra hot water during your shower, but it is one of the most harmful factors leading to your stage of frizzy hair. It does not do your hair any favors. Extremely hot water might take your hair away from the natural oils, which can help to keep your hair shiny and moisturized. As mentioned before, frizzy hair can be caused by the lack of moisture in the hair, so it is noticeable to remember not to do anything that your hair seriously needs like the inherent oil in your head. From that, you should avoid washing your hair with scalding hot water to prevent your hair from losing moisture. Wendy Rose Gould of the website Latest –Hairstyles.com stated that “The hotter your shower is, and the longer it lasts, the more your hair is stripped of natural oils that keep frizz at bay and locks shiny and lush” and she also recommended that you should consider lukewarm water as your friend.
2. Hot Hair Styling Tools
Like the problem of water temperature, any kinds of hot hair styling tools that you use every day can also damage your hair by way of stripping your hair of its natural moisture. Inevitably, these kinds of things will lead to a lot of hair problems, and frizz is no exception. Flat irons, blow dryers, and curling irons have already been known to the havoc the tresses. Besides, if the setting of these tools is too hot, you can probably burn your hair, and from that time onwards your hair will become drier and drier, which are difficult to tame. If you want to eliminate frizzy hair, you had better avoid using any kind of hair styling tools.
3. Shampooing Too Much
According to many experts, shampooing too many times will dull and dry your hair and then leave it frizzy. Rough foaming shampoo might mess with the natural equilibrium of your hair. As a result, your hair will be dulled, dry and look frizzy. The formula of your shampoo also plays an important role. If you do not consider carefully which type of shampoo is suitable for your hair type, you will have to deal with frizzy hair easily. A lot of researches have been conducted showing that a shampoo which contains too high pH level can cause breakage and frizzy hair. However, not every label of shampoo bottles broadcasts the pH level so that you should go figure that out and only choose one, which has a balanced or low pH level.
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
4. Your Brush
It is certain that not every hairbrush is equally created, and each hair types will require different brushing tools for optimally silky locks. According to a famous hair colorist and stylist master namely Sandi Arensman, those who have either curly hair or straight hair should notice that no matter what material is your hairbrush made, you should never use a brush with its sharp teeth or any kinds of metal and aluminium brush. The edges of these hairbrushes will strongly shred your hair. Moreover, they can also curl your hair and become heat conductors, making your hair vulnerable to frizz.
5. The Environment
Humidity can influence your hair by either two common ways. Firstly, it can make curly hair fail to produce intended effects. Secondly, it will make straight and smooth hair become frizzy. The comprehensive reason derives from the inside. Looking at the problem of the cortex which comes from the inside of your hair, it is composed of two types of protein, namely the Paracortex and the Orthocortex. These two components are squeezed tightly together from the inside of your hair. When the weather is getting humid, the moisture penetrates strongly into your hair and then it is absorbed by these Para and Ortho regions. The matter here is that these two different areas conduct two different ways to absorb water, so they do not swell as same as each other. One of them can utterly absorb almost all the moisture and also swell a lot. Meanwhile, the remaining part might stay comparatively the same as the beginning. The distinctive swelling will make your hair shaft to curve or twist to just one side or the other. Because of that, if your hair gets under straight way, high humidity will cause it to bend and twist, which is imagined as a snake crawling on an extremely hot sidewalk.
III. How To Tame Frizzy Hair
1. Egg, Honey And Mayonnaise Hair Mask
It is time to fix stubborn frizzy hair by using an intense conditioning hair mask that will not bust your pocket with egg, mayonnaise and honey. Mayonnaise is the fundamental treatment for frizzy hair that you can easily find out. Together with honey and egg, this wonderful hair mask will be utterly good at taming wild frizzy hair.
Mayonnaise consists of natural oils, multivitamin egg yolk, and vinegar, which can bring healthy pH level back to the damaged, frizzy hair. Also, it can soften the breakable frizzy hair and lock the moisture into the hair cells. It is great at containing and hydrating your hair.
Eggs are rich in minerals and multivitamins. The useful numeral substances in the egg will strengthen and nourish hair scalp and hair roots. The egg can not only help soften the dry and frizzy locks, but it also can nourish your roots and your scalp. Because of that, it can moisturize and soften dry, damaged frizzy hair. The egg can be considered as a natural hair conditioner that can make your hair luscious and silky.
Referring to honey, it is a natural humectant, adding moisture to your dry, frizzy hair. Moreover, it will moisturize and condition dry hair locks. Surprisingly, it can also add gloss and shine to your hair and promote soft and smooth hair to grow without split ends in any ways.
- Wet your hair thoroughly before applying this hair mask
- Rinse as careful as possible to prevent and pieces and bits of this mask from sticking to the hair
- Whip the egg till it turns foaming in a small bowl
- Pour two remaining ingredients into the bowl thoroughly
- Apply this mixture to your wet hair and massage gently with your clean fingers
- Wrap up your hair in the shape of a high bun above your head and keep it by using a disposable shower cap
- Wait 15 minutes to allow the goodness of this mask to penetrate deeply into the hair follicles
- Rinse of this mask from the roots to the ends of your hair as may times as you can when time is up
- Shampoo your hair after all to remove the smells of this hair mask
- Give an ultimate washing off with cool water and then wrap up your hair with a fluffy tower
2. Banana And Almond Oil Hair Mask
Banana constitutes up to 75 percent of the water that makes it become a usefully natural moisturizer for taming frizzy hair. Besides, almond oil acts as a great conditioner, which can bless your hair locks by a natural sheen.
Particularly, the banana makes it possible to block the moisture in the dry frizzes and nourish your hair follicles and your scalp. Furthermore, a lot of people believe in the benefits of bananas because it can help your hair maintain the natural elasticity and concurrently prevent split ends and breakage. It can also be good at treating hair loss and controlling dandruff or even flaky scalp.
Almond oil is enriched with omega fatty acids and multivitamins. As a result, if it is penetrated deeply into your hair, it will strengthen strongly your hair shafts and roots. Except for softening the frizzy hair, it can be useful in promoting your hair growth and adding the natural glow to the dry and dull frizzy hair. Plus, it can utterly prevent hair breakage, heal dandruff and scalp inflammation as well.
- There is no need for you to use shampoo or any kinds of conditioners after applying this hair mask because the smells of banana are great and almond oil can work as a conditioner
- You should utilize the overripe banana instead of tossing it away
- Take a shower right after applying this hair mask so as to wash off your hair effectively
- Grind two overripe or ripe bananas by a blender until it is lump-free
- Whisk the banana puree together with the almond oil in a mixing bowl
- Apply the mixture of hair mask to each strand of your hair, starting from the hair roots and working downwards to the ends
- Wind your hair as a bun and cover it with a clean shower cap
- Wait for about 15 minutes and then rinse off the mask well
- You can wash your hair again with the shampoo and cool water if you want
3. Coconut Milk, Olive Oil, And Avocado Hair Mask
Avocado embraces minerals, healthy fats, and vitamins, which create more hydrating and moisturizing properties. These useful properties can re-energize the dry, brittle frizzes. Avocado goes a long way towards protecting your hair elasticity and preventing further hair breakage and damage. Consequently, it is good at conditioning and softening your frizzy hair.
Coconut milk is great at cooling and nourishing the hair follicles and scalp. It can also help restore the luster back to the dull, frizzy hair. It further promotes hair growth and fights hair loss. Coconut milk can act as an ordinary “detangler”. Like other ingredients, coconut milk can also condition and moisturize damaged, frizzy hair.
Olive oil is powerful in naturally smoothening and conditioning your rough, damaged hair. Olive oil will be able to nourish the weak scalp and brittle hair locks together with hydrating the dry frizzes. From that, it can not only cure your frizzy hair but also prevent breakage and hair loss.
- It is easier for you to use the ripe avocado. Avocado can work greater in freezing conditions
- Make sure that the avocado is blended to be a kind of lump-free smoothie so that you will not waste so much time washing off the hair mask
- It is more effective if you spend time massaging your hair locks and scalp after smearing this hair mask
- Grind half a ripe avocado with a blender till smooth
- Mix thoroughly the avocado puree together with coconut milk and olive oil
- Apply this mixture from the roots to the ends of your hair
- Massage your scalp gently in circular motions with your clean fingers
- After approximately 15 minutes, you can wash off your mask utterly
- You can also shampoo and condition your hair one more time with some organic hair products
Although beer may be not good for the waist measurements, it is surprising that beer contains all the vitamins, amino acids, minerals, antioxidants, and nutrients that are fundamental for your dream hair. Darker kinds of beer give more effective results, but you should be aware of the fact that beer is used in applying to your scalp instead of drinking into your mouth. Besides using beer only, you can mix equal amounts of conditioner, shampoo, and beer to form the most effective solution.
- Apply beer generously and evenly to your hair
- After 5 minutes, wash your hair off with your gentle shampoo and cool water
- Repeat this treatment at most once every 2 weeks
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar benefits your frizzy hair by many ways. The special acidity of apple cider vinegar can close any open hair cuticles so that it can smoothen out frizzes effectively. As a result, your frizzy hair will be improved and become more shiny and soft. Vinegar can also act as a great grime and dirt bluster.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water
- Rinse off your hair with this solution after you shampoo and condition your hair
- Repeat the treatment once in every two weeks
- Apply the diluted apple cider vinegar with water to your hair with a cotton ball
- Comb your frizzy hair to make sure that you get an even coating
- Washing your hair off after 10 to 15 minutes
- Repeat this remedy once a week
IV. What You Need To Do To Avoid Frizzy Hair
1. Do Not Skip Conditioner
It is about depositing the essential moisture for your hair. If you skip the conditioner, the hair cuticles will open up to allow the moisture from the air to be in and change your hair from very smooth to very frizzy. You should work out a kind of conditioner that consists of glycerin and hydrating ingredients like shea butter or coconut oil. Afterwards, you are able to apply it to your hair from the mid-shaft downwards to the ends in order to stay away from your roots if you are afraid of weighing down the hair.
2. Brush Your Hair Regularly
It seems really simple but its benefits will make you surprise. Brushing your hair from the roots to the ends will make it easy to distribute the essentially natural oils evenly. It is noticeable that you should put your own head upside down before brushing your hair. A boar hair brush is an excellent choice in this case, which can get in touch with your scalp without any chafing. Consequently, your hair will be hydrated and able to block out completely the humidity. From that, you can entirely get rid of frizzy hair.
3. Choose A Glycerin-Packed, Sulfate-Free Shampoo
A shampoo with sulfate will dehydrate and strip your hair strands, which runs counter to what you want to keep the moisture. Instead, you should look for a shampoo which takes the lead in the ingredient list outside the shampoo bottle. Such these kinds of shampoo can help combat frizz by hydrating the hair shaft from the inside and penetrate it well. Moreover, sulfate-free or glycerin-packed shampoos will create a protective coating from the outside of your hair shaft so that it has no chance to break.
4. Let Your Hair Dry Naturally
Many experts suggest that those who are having trouble with frizzy hair should only use the blow-dryer after the hair is allowed to be dry naturally ninety percent. The extremely hot air focusing directly on your hair strands will make it dehydrated and frizzy. You had better avoid using the hair-dryers as much as possible.
5. Choose A Silk Scarf
To prevent your cotton pillow slip from absorbing all the natural moisture of your hair, you should wrap your hair up overnight in a bun. After that, you can tie your bun on a silk scarf. This kind of thing will help retain moisture effectively.
Above are common reasons and the most effective natural remedies for frizzy hair at home that you should try. If you want to find out more about our informative articles, you can visit our main News & Facts page. Do not forget to take time for writing down your comments in the form below to show us your thoughts.