Nobody would be overweight if reducing weight was easy. Not sure of the best method to lose weight and keep that weight loss or about how to diet. To help you out, TrueRemedies will list out a few the do’s and don’ts of weight loss at any age. You should consider these tips before beginning any form of dieting to attain your goals. Let’s get started!
- How to get rid of loose belly skin after weight loss
- How to tighten belly skin fast and naturally at home
- How to tighten loose skin on face, neck, arms, & legs
Top 16 Do’s And Don’ts Of Weight Loss At Any Age That Make Dieting Easier
- Do Drink Plenty Of Water: “Many people mistake thirst for hunger, eating when what they really need is rehydration. Drinking a glass of water before eating stops you mistaking thirst for hunger and also helps to fill you up.”[1’] (Medically reviewed by Sarah Brewer MSc , MA (Cantab), MB, BChir, RNutr, MBANT, CNHC).
- Research has indicated that that water consumption may help to increase the rate at which you burn calories. A study found out that drinking water 30 minutes before meals increased weight loss by more than 40 % over three months. Drinking more water may also lead to reduced calorie intake and decrease the risk of long-term obesity and weight gain, especially in children. Water can also help rid your body of waste and toxins. Water will work as a temporary neutralizer until the toxins in the body are removed. If you want to lose weight, drink plenty of water daily.
- Do Consume The Right Amount Of Good Fats: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are the two essential fats that your body cannot produce. Ensure you consume these every day since your nerves, brain, and cell membranes will not be healthy without them. Besides, fat is needed for the transport of some vitamins such as A, D, E, and K out of and into the cells. Some of the hormone production also requires fat.
- Do Sleep Better At Night: When it comes to weight loss and health, getting enough rest and sleep may be one of the most estimated factors. Poor sleep is one of the highest risk factors for developing weight gain, so paying attention to your sleep is really important. Getting enough sleep is helpful for regulating your two appetite hormones called leptin and ghrelin. Sleep deprivation will make your body produce less leptin, the hormone that tells you to stop eating and more ghrelin, the hormone telling your brain to eat more. Sleep deprivation also decreases your metabolism, thus decreasing your weight loss. Thus, make sure you have sufficient time to rest and relax from your hard-working day. Avoid tension and stress and go to bed in a happy and relaxed mood. You should sleep in time and wake up in time, too.
- Do Have Some Healthy Fat Every Day: Including some healthy fats in your diet is healthy for you and is also important for satiety, healthy metabolism, and healthy brain function. Healthy fats can help reduce the absorption of carbs within the body and make you feel fuller longer. Apart from that, healthy fats are beneficial for healthy skin and preventing fat storage within the cells.
Tip: You can add one tablespoon of coconut oil to your smoothies and notice the difference.
- Do Consume An Abundance Of Raw Veggies And Fruits: Raw fruits and vegetables are abundant in minerals and vitamins, which the body needs to age beautifully and function properly. Besides, they are rich in healthy dietary fibers. According to a study, people who eat fruits and vegetables tend to weight loss. You can eat tomatoes, fresh fruits (pineapple, oranges, papaya) and vegetables (spinach, carrots, broccoli, potatoes, etc.) that have low calories and more water content will help to curb your weight.
- Do Get Enough Fiber Daily: Fiber is necessary for healthy digestion. The best source of fiber is whole vegetables along with other plant-based-foods. Fiber helps to give bulk to the stools while becoming food for the good bacteria in the gut. According to studies, soluble fibers may burn fat, particularly in the belly area. Fiber supplements such as glucomannan may also help .
- Do Some Exercises: Doing yoga with different asanas or postures and walking for around 30 to 40 minutes to help you reduce weight . Exercise can affect how many calories you burn a day or increase metabolism. It can further help you increase lean body mass, which also aids in increasing the number of calories you burn in a day. Try including more time on physical activity or laborious in your regular life rather than sitting more.
- Do Regular Eat Healthy, Clean Foods: Eating frequently throughout the day will be beneficial for stabilizing your blood pressure and promoting your metabolism. Instead of filling your hunger with pasta, you can fill it with healthy grains, lean protein, and vegetables.
- Don’t Eat Processed Foods Regularly: Fast foods, processed foods, junk foods, and prepackaged foods may be convenient, but they are very calorie-dense. They may give you temporary hunger relief but don’t feed the body at all. In addition to this, they are devoid of nutrients and are also loaded with unnecessary ingredients and chemicals.
Tip: If you do not have much time to cook, instead of using processed foods, you can batch cook some quinoa, brown rice, lentils, homemade tomato sauce, sweet potatoes, etc. You can easily toss these ingredients together with fresh veggies to make some delicious meals during the week.
- Don’t Consume A Ton Of Alcohol: Although alcohol in moderation may be good, it can ruin a diet . It has no nutritional value and is high in calories. It also impairs your ability to absorb nutrients and vitamins from the foods you eat. Furthermore, it reduces the metabolism since it restricts the ability of the body to create glucose.
- Don’t Over-Eat Proteins: Overconsumption of proteins a day can trigger fat-storage and create an acidic condition in your body. Overconsumption also may cause an increased risk of developing certain health complications.
- Don’t Over-Eat Carbs: Overeating carbohydrates can result in an insulin reaction that will make you tired, hungry, and cause you to store fat .
- Don't Eat Sugars And Processed, Refined Carbohydrates: Sugars and refined carbs will cause insulin fat-storage reactions. Apart from that, they are calorie-dense, thereby thwarting your efforts to reduce weight quickly in a healthy way. According to many studies, sugar consumption is related to an increased risk of obesity and conditions, including cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes .
- Don’t Remove Vital Food Groups From Your Daily Diet: This will lead to malnourishment while making it harder for you to reduce fat in the future.
- Don’t Consume Too Much Saturated Fat: As we know, fat is not all bad. You can find good fats in foods such as nuts, fatty fish, and flaxseeds. These good fats are good for your health and can help you reduce weight. However, bad fats such as saturated fat are not good for you and can affect the process of losing weight . Animal products such as milk, cheese, beef, lunch meat, bacon, and butter contain high amounts of saturated fats. Therefore, it is best to avoid these foods.
- Don’t Eat Dairy: If you are losing weight, you need to remove dairy products from your diet for 2 to 3 weeks . The reason is that dairy is acidic and can also easily make some internal inflammations within the body. Besides, dairy can be difficult for the body to digest, causing bloating problem for many people. Thus, try to eliminate dairy from your diet for three weeks and see the difference.
And now that you have read our top tips to assist you in getting started on your weight loss progress, we hope you use these tips to begin your weight loss programs. Some of these easy tips will help you lose weight effectively and help you keep it off too. For other such articles, you can visit our main New & Facts page. If you know the do’s and don’ts of losing weight that are not mentioned in this article, feel free to tell us by leaving your comment in the box below.