Nowadays, because of the negative effects of the environment, skin issues such as skin infections, rashes, tags, and pigmentation become more and more popular. Using chemicals and medicine for these problems may bring quick results, but its side effect is unavoidable. Therefore, many people change their mind to choose the best oil for skin issues and try their best to get rid of these problems gradually and naturally. This article on True Remedies will show you the best oil for skin issues such as skin infections, rashes, tags, and pigmentation and how to use them at home.
- 21 best natural cures for skin fungus (This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Millie Lytle ND, MPH)
- Top 17 effective solutions for skin allergy itching relief
- Top 22 proven treatments for dry skin on the face and body
The Unexpected Benefits Of Using Oil For Skin Issues & Its Uses
I. Benefits Of Using Oil For Skin Issues
There are many types of oils which are all beneficial to the skin. They are extracted from the seeds and leaves of trees, so they are natural and safe for our skin. Also, they have antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so they are good at treating many kinds of skin problems. However, each type of oil has its own special properties and benefits, so each of them is suitable for each type of skin disease and be used for different purposes.
II. How To Use
A. Best Oil For Skin Infection
1. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is extracted from tea tree leaves and is considered to be the best oil for skin infection because it has antibacterial and antiviral properties, which can fight the bacteria and virus, causing infection on your skin. It has been used for centuries and is famous for treating skin problems such as acne, warts, and psoriasis. In 2004, a research was conducted to prove that tea tree oil has may kill the bacteria and treat infection effectively. Another research conducted in 2013 pointed out that the patients, who were treated with tea tree oil, presents faster healing process in comparison with those who were conventionally treated.
- Prepare a spray bottle
- Add to this bottle 3 drops of tea tree oil, 1 cup of white apple cider vinegar, 3 drops of water, and 3 drops of lemon essential oil
- Shake to mix all of the above ingredients well
- Spray the above mixture to the infectious skin area to treat the bacteria and inflammation.
2. Cinnamon Oil
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
Cinnamon essential oil contains strong antibacterial properties, which can effectively treat the infection. Moreover, cinnamon essential can fight both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria such as staphylococcus and E. coli, which cause infectious diseases in human beings. Fortunately, this oil is safe and has a pleasant taste so you can easily add it to your tea or beverage. Also, it is very good to add cinnamon oil to your mouthwash or toothpaste as it can help to remove the bacteria in your mouth and digestive system.
3. Grapefruit Essential Oil
Grapefruit essential oil is extracted from the grapefruit's peel, and it can effectively remove the bacteria that cause infection . You can easily add 1 – 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil to your water and then drink it or mix it with a carrier oil and then apply to the infectious skin area. It will help you to kill the infection; especially, if you have a wound, it will help to prevent the wound from being infected. However, after applying grapefruit essential oil, you should avoid sunlight because this type of essential oil will make your skin more prone to sunburn and UV rays.
B. Best Oil For Skin Rashes
1. Lavender Oil
Lavender is said to be a natural antihistamine with the ability to soothe the irritation on the skin and relieve the pain. It has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties, so it is used to treat many different kinds of skin diseases. In the past, the Ancient Europeans often add lavender essential oil to their bathwater with the purpose of purifying their skin. Also, this way helps to not only cleanse their skin but also relax their body and mind. To treat the skin rashes, you can add some drops of lavender essential oil to the bathtub filled with water and soak your body in it. Or, you can mix several drops of lavender essential oil with coconut oil and then apply to the itchy skin area according to the below directions.
- Prepare 12 drops of lavender essential oil with 30 ml of olive or coconut oil and mix them well
- Apply to the affected skin area
- Repeat this remedy once per day to gain the best result
2. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which are powerful in treating the infection and inflammation. Moreover, using rosemary oil is an excellent way to relieve pain, itching, and irritation. It will help to calm and soothe the infectious and swollen skin area. To treat skin rashes, you can mix rosemary essential oil with a carrier oil such as coconut or jojoba oil and then apply the mixture to the affected skin area.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also said to be one of the best oils for skin rashes thanks to the strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It can help to both treat the rashes and prevent it from recurring. Moreover, using coconut oil is an effective way to nourish your skin and make it more beautiful.
- Gently apply some coconut oil to the affected skin area.
- Wait for 30 – 60 minutes and then rinse off with clean water.
- Or, you can apply coconut oil in the evening, leave it through the night, and then wash off in the morning.
- Repeat this remedy daily for best results.
4. Castor Oil
Castor oil is rich in ricinoleic acid, which brings this oil special anti-inflammatory property, which can help to fight inflammation and reduce the swelling and pain from the itchy skin area. Moreover, it has moisturizing properties so it can help to nourish your skin. The antibacterial and antifungal properties of this oil make it a powerful treatment for many skin diseases caused by infection and bacteria. Regular use of castor oil will heal the rashes quickly and improve the strength of skin cells.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of castor oil
- Use your fingertips to apply castor oil to the affected skin area
- Wait for half an hour and rinse off with water
- Use this remedy every day to get rid of skin rashes quickly
5. Neem Oil
Neem oil is an excellent remedy for skin rashes thanks to the appearance of anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties . It can help to not only treat skin rashes effectively but also reduce the irritation and redness fast. It contributes to bringing us smooth skin after using.
- Prepare a few drops of neem oil and apply it to the affected skin area
- After half an hour, rinse off with clean water.
- Repeat this remedy once per day to get rid of skin rashes as quick as possible.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has great effects on many kinds of skin conditions such as eczema, sunburn, and psoriasis. The antiseptic and antiviral properties of this oil can help remove fungi, bacteria, and virus staying in your skin and causing diseases. Therefore, using tea tree oil is useful at not only treating skin rashes but reducing many different kinds of skin diseases, even skin infection.
- Add 12 drops of tea tree oil to 30 ml of coconut oil or jojoba oil and mix them well
- Apply the mixture to your affected skin area
- Apply this remedy every day, especially before going to bed to gain the best result.
C. Best Oil For Skin Tags
1. Oregano Oil
Due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, oregano oil is a powerful oil for skin tags. It is useful in treating skin issues such as acne, eczema, rosacea, and so on. Skin tags and warts are also removed by using oregano oil.
Remedy 1: Oregano Oil Only
- Prepare 5 drops of oregano oil and then dip a toothpick in it
- Apply the toothpick to the skin tags
- Use dental floss to tie the tags
- Apply this remedy thrice per day until the skin tags fall
- When they fall, apply some ointment and cover it with a bandage
Remedy 2: Oregano Oil And Coconut Oil
- Prepare 2 – 3 drops of oregano oil; 5 drops of coconut oil and a cotton swab
- Mix oregano oil with coconut oil
- Apply the above mixture to the skin tags area
- Repeat these directions twice or thrice per day to quickly get rid of skin tags.
2. Jojoba Oil
Remedy 1: Jojoba Oil Only
- Take 1 to 2 drops of jojoba oil and then apply it to the skin tags area
- Massage your skin
- Let the oil stay in your skin (do not wash it off)
- Apply this remedy twice per day, in the morning and evening to achieve the result soon
Remedy 2: Jojoba Oil, Orange Oil And Vitamin E
- Add 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil to a small bowl
- Add to this bowl the same amount of orange oil, and 1 capsule of Vitamin E
- Mix all of the above ingredients well
- Apply to your skin tags and combine with massage your skin
- Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with clean water
3. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties so it can help to remove the bacteria and infection, causing skin diseases. When it’s combined with castor oil, it makes up a powerful treatment for skin tags problem, which can not only relieve the pain and swelling but also soothe your skin.
- Add 2 – 3 drops of peppermint oil to a small cup
- Add to this cup the same amount of castor oil and mix them well
- Apply the above mixture to the skin tags and let it stay through the night
- Wash off the above mixture in the next morning
- Reapply this remedy every day before your bedtime
4. Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil is said to have antiseptic properties, so it has strong effects in removing the skin tags and even warts. People who had used this remedy reported that they might get the result after only two days. Some researchers also pointed out that skin tag was related to diabetes . Regularly using cinnamon oil may help manage some features of diabetes in several people. Besides applying cinnamon oil to the skin tags, you can also add cinnamon powder to your daily meals to increase your digestive system and prevent future skin tags.
- Prepare several drops of cinnamon oil, a bandage, and a cotton swab
- Use a cotton swab to apply cinnamon oil to the skin tags
- Cover the skin tags with a bandage
- Remember that the bandage you use must be clean and apply this remedy twice per day for the best result.
D. Best Oil For Skin Pigmentation
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to reduce the skin pigmentation by going through the scar tissue and breaking it. Also, these fatty acids can help to nourish and moisturize your skin and promote the regeneration and development of healthy skin cells. Moreover, it can effectively brighten the complexion and make your skin more beautiful by removing the dark spots and reducing pigmentation.
Remedy 1: Turmeric And Castor Oil For Skin Pigmentation
Turmeric is also said to be good at treating hyperpigmentation as it can lighten the pigmentation and dark spots on your skin.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon of castor oil and mix them well
- Apply the above mixture to the pigmentation skin area and wait for an hour
- Rinse off the mixture with warm water.
Remedy 2: Vitamin E And Castor Oil For Skin Pigmentation
Vitamin E is an excellent ingredient with antioxidant properties, which can help to prevent the damage on your skin and lighten the skin tone. Applying the vitamin E and castor oil face mask regularly will bring you a smooth skin without blemishes or dark spots.
- Take a vitamin E capsule, pierce it and add the vitamin to a small cup
- Add to this cup 1 teaspoon of castor oil and mix them well
- Apply the above mixture to the pigmentation skin area and massage your skin gently in 5 to 10 minutes (remember to focus on the affected skin area)
- Rinse off the above mixture with cleanser as normal
- Repeat this remedy twice per day to achieve the best result.
Remedy 3: Lemon, Honey And Castor Oil For Skin Pigmentation
Honey can bring great moisture and lightning effects to your skin by controlling the production of melanin. If you usually use this face mask, the pigmentation will be treated effectively and your skin will become glowing.
- For this remedy, you need 1 teaspoon of castor oil, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Add all of the above ingredients into a small bowl and mix them well until they are smooth
- Apply the above mixture to your face and wait for half an hour
- Wash your face with warm water and cleanser as normal.
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil acts as a great solution for skin pigmentation as it has anti-inflammatory properties. The good fats of olive oil make it a powerful treatment for skin pigmentation. It is also effective at moisturizing and keeping your skin healthy. Using olive oil will help to brighten your skin tone since it treats skin pigmentation fast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a tower
- Clean your skin and use the towel to dry it
- Apply olive oil to your skin and massage in two minutes
- Clean your face after waiting for another 30 minutes and dry your skin.
3. Rose Essential Oil
Rose essential oil is not only famous for its romantic aroma but also its skin care effects. It has been used for a long time to treat skin conditions such as acne, eczema, scabies, and pimples. It is also good at brightening the discolored skin and skin pigmentation. You can mix several drops of rose essential oil with argan oil and then apply to the skin pigmentation. And, remember to massage your skin while you are applying oil, you will be surprised with the result.
III. Side Effects And Precautions
- When being diluted, tea tree oil is totally safe. However, in some cases, it can burn our skin when being applied. You should always remember to dilute tea tree oil in water or carrier oil (jojoba oil and coconut oil, for example) before using to make sure that it is safe for you.
- Using castor oil is an effective way to reduce skin rashes and pigmentation. However, this oil may cause allergy to some people with sensitive skin. Therefore, it is necessary to do a small mock test before applying this remedy to make sure that no side effects will happen.
- Besides applying remedies with oil, you should also pay attention to your diet because it plays an important role in treating your skin diseases. A poor diet plan (with a high level of sugar, for example) may worsen your skin issues. In contrast, a healthy diet will help you to get rid of skin diseases quickly and even prevent them from reoccurring.
Above are the best oil for skin issues such as infection, rash, tags and pigmentation and the simple ways to use them. If you have any questions, you can leave your comment under this article. All content provided are for informational and educational purposes. Thus, before using any remedy, you should consult a healthcare professional or doctor.