When it comes to skin problems, maybe one of the most embarrassing and annoying blemishes that people have to cope with at some point of their life is pimples. This is the most common skin issue in America. Acne, also known as zits, seem to appear everywhere on the body. According to the British Medical Journal, acne impacts over 80% of teenagers and keeps happening in adult life in about 3% of men and 12% of women. The fact that you are reading this article means you want to know how to more about this condition, particularly how to get rid of pimples, right? Sure, here we from TrueRemedies will uncover the answer for your question, but first of all, you need to know some basics about pimples. Keep reading this article!
What Are Pimples?
In the first place, a pimple is considered a small comedone, papule or pustule which forms a skin lesion. In technical terms, it is acne vulgaris. Despite there are a lot of causes of pimples, regardless of those causes, pimples develop when the sebaceous glands (also called as oil glands) are clogged and infected from harmful bacteria. It explains why pimples often swell up and turn into pus-filled and red lesions on and under the skin surface .
The majority of people have pimples or acne on their face, but the chest, neck, shoulders and upper back are also commonly impacted. It is estimated that approximately 30% of teenagers suffer from acne which is reckoned severe. For some people, genetics is the main cause and out of their control.
When not treated, acne or pimples could lead to scarring, which is more likely when the skin is swollen, flamed, painful and reddish, such as nodules and cystic acne. Basically, this form of acne will penetrate deeply into the human skin, leading to damage. If the sufferer delays the treatment, it might result in scarring too. Usually, acne is classified in 3 levels, which are mild, moderate and severe.
Picking at acne will worsen it as it does not have enough required time of healing, which increases inflammation, and thus, potentials of scarring. Besides, waiting to treat pimples and acne till it gets severe could cause extensive scarring; therefore, it is best to deal with it as soon as possible.
What Are Causes Of Pimples?
To control pimples effectively, it is important to acknowledge how they form and what causes them. The most important thing about pimples you need to remember is: it is not your fault. In contrast to popular belief, pimples or zits are not caused by external factors like what you eat, how often you cleanse your face or exercise. Actually, they are mainly caused by a combination of physiological factors far beneath the surface of the skin which are beyond of the human control.
When it comes to zits, there is no single cause, but many factors gathering, such as:
- How often you shed your skin cells which could change throughout your life
- The sebum amount produced on your skin which is impacted by your hormone balance and often in flux, particularly for women.
- Genetics may play an big role in the development as well as persistence of zits, so the history of family could give you an idea of how likely it is that you will have pimples  .
Main causes of pimples are
- Hormones: for most people with pimples and blemishes, skin problems begin at puberty, when their bodies start to product hormones named androgens. Such hormones cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge, which is also a natural part of the development of the human body. In sufferers of pimples, nonetheless, the sebaceous glands are often over-stimulated by the hormones androgens, which sometimes could persist well into the adulthood. Also, androgens are responsible for pimple flare-ups during the menstrual cycle and pregnancy for some women.
- Extra sebum: as the sebaceous glands get stimulated by the androgens, it will produce additional oil (sebum). When the sebum gets closely onto the skin pores, it will mix with some common skin bacteria as well as dead skin cells. This process is normal but the presence of extra oil in the follicle will increase the risk of clogging pores, causing pimples.
- Bacteria: bacteria are available in different skin types. It is a normal part of the natural oil maintenance system of the skin. But, when a follicle is plugged, acne bacteria will multiply quickly, thereby creating the chemical reaction causing inflammation both in the follicle and the surrounding skin.
- Follicle fallout: the dead skin cells in follicles often shed steadily and are dislodged on the surface of our skin. In those with over-active sebaceous glands, those cells will be shred more quickly. When this occurs, dead skin cells will mix with excess oil and build a plug in the follicles, thereby preventing the skin from completing its natural renewing process.
- Inflammation: when the human body gets in contact with some unwanted bacteria, it will send some white blood cells to attack those intruders. The process if called inflammatory response or chemotaxis. This response makes pimples swollen, red and painful. Also, this process is different for each of us.
Other causes of pimples include:
- Digestive problems
- Excess stress
- Certain medications
- Over exfoliating
- Sensitivity to testosterone 
- Bacterial growth 
How To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight Fast And Naturally – 56 Effective Tips
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
If you have apple cider vinegar in your kitchen, you are having the perfect treatment for pimples. It can kill the microorganisms triggering pimples. It helps balance out the pH level of your skin, making it harder for microbes to flourish. Besides, being an astringent, apple cider vinegar is also good in eliminating excessive oil. But, do not exaggerate it because it might dry out your skin excessively.
What you need to do to use apple cider vinegar for how to get rid of pimples is:
- After cleansing your face thoroughly, use a towel to dry it
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water as the ratio of 1:3
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it over your affected skin areas
- Wait for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with water, followed by your skin toner
- Repeat 2-3 times per day
2. Cinnamon And Honey
Cinnamon is spicy and honey is sticky, but the combination of these ingredients will help you get rid of acne naturally. Cinnamon with its antimicrobial properties can stop bacteria from intruding your skin pores. On the other hand, honey is a natural antibiotic which can speed your healing process quickly. You should use Manuka honey which originates from the Manuka forest in New Zealand and haves amazing pain relieving and healing properties.
Follow these steps:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 2 tablespoons of honey
- Apply this mixture over your clean face and wait for 15 minutes
- Wash it off thoroughly and use a soft towel to pat your skin dry
- Repeat this routine 2 – 3 times per week
3. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Ice Cubes
This sounds too simple when it comes to tips on how to get rid of pimples. But, for a pimple having not yet infected fully, ice cubes could help diminish swelling and stimulate the oil organs to contract as well as push out abundance oil along with microbes from your disturbed organs. To make use of ice cubes for eliminating pimples, you should apply these steps:
- Take an ice cube and wrap it in a cotton swab, then place it over your affected skin area for a few seconds
- Leave it there for several minutes and rehash the methodology/
Note: You should apply the ice as many times as you can during the day to get positive results fast.
Toothpaste can dry out pimples and decrease their healing time. The antibacterial properties of toothpaste play a crucial role in eradicating bacteria causing pimples . Especially, it could be used for pimples both on face and body, such as arms and legs. Toothpaste is suitable for normal, oily and combination skin.
What you have to do is:
- Use a cotton swab to apply a layer of toothpaste on your affected areas
- Wash it off after 30 minutes
- This should be repeated 2-3 times per day
Note: You should use white toothpaste, not the gel-based one.
5. Honey Only
Honey is well-known for its disinfecting properties, helping demolish the microbes in oil organs quickly. As a result, it serves boost the mending methodology.
Just simply use a cotton ball to dab natural honey onto your affected areas, then leave it there for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
6. Tea Tree Oil
Also known as melaleuca, tea tree oil, is considered one of the most recommended home remedies for acne and pimples as it possesses amazing microbial properties helping fight the bacteria which cause acne. In accordance with the study published in the Australian Journal of Dermatology, tea tree oil supplies positive results for those people with mild case without serious side effects. This study asked number of participants to use tea tree oil to their pimples twice per day for about 3 months with the evaluations conducted at 4, 8 and 12 weeks of using. The result was decreased, thereby making tea tree oil a good choice for how to get rid of pimples naturally fast .
You can mix tea tree oil with coconut oil to have a good combination for treating pimples on nose and chin. Then, apply it over your face and leave it there for 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
As an alternative, you could also combine aloe vera gel and tea tree oil to create a face mask for pimples:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel with a few drops of tea tree oil
- Apply this combination to your blemishes and pimples and wait for 20 minutes
- Wash it off with water after that
Warning: Avoid tea tree oil if your skin is sensitive.
7. Lemon Juice
Many people believe that lemon juice is a miracle treatment for pimples and blemishes. It is true. Lemon juice has acne-fighting qualities and is very cheap to clear your skin naturally. Using lemon juice can kill bacteria thanks to the citric acid content which acts as an antiseptic, reduce oil and redness due to the mild astringent qualities, and fade scars caused by acne due to the natural acid in lemon juice. Whilst there are some potential benefits of using lemon juice for pimples, there still are some side effects coming with overusing lemon juice. If you have dry skin, then this ingredient will cause excessively dry and flakey skin. It is also not suitable for dark skin because it could cause dark spots to appear where applied. But, after all, lemon juice is still worth a try for pimple removal. Take the steps here:
Method 1: Lemon juice only
- After cleansing your skin with water and mild cleanser, you cut a fresh lemon in half
- Squeeze its juice in a bowl and use a cotton ball to dip into the solution
- Apply it over your affected skin
- Rinse it off with cool water after 10-15 minutes and repeat this routine twice per day
At first, you might feel stinging or discomfort, but it will disappear soon.
Method 2: Lemon juice and rose water
Rose water has antibacterial qualities and acts as a skin toner that can reduce lemon juice’s acidic nature.
- Cleanse your skin with water and mild cleanser
- Gently scrub your skin with a washcloth
- Use a clean soft towel to dry skin
- Mix lemon juice and rose water with the ratio of 1:1
- Apply the mixture over your impacted skin areas
- Wait for 15-20 minutes before washing it with cool water
- Use a dry towel to dry it out
- Repeat this routine twice per day for good results
- Avoid letting lemon juice contact with your eyes.
- Avoid sun exposure or wear sunscreen when using lemon juice
- Test lemon juice on a small skin area first to prevent any reactions.
8. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Tomato
Being known for antioxidant properties, tomatoes are also rich in vitamin A, C and K. These properties can dry out the pimples. Besides, tomatoes can close pores, thereby preventing dirt, bacteria, oil as well as dead skin cells from clogging them. The natural acid in this plant can restore the natural oil balance of skin. With high water content, tomatoes help moisturize skin, thereby leaving it smooth and soft. Not only that, tomatoes have some important minerals like potassium, iron and other nutrients which support the overall health and skin health and reduce the formation of scars. Even, tomatoes help prevent premature wrinkles and fine lines.
There are a few ways to make use of tomatoes for pimples, some of them are introduced below:
Method 1: Tomato mask
- Grind a tomato and use it as facial mask.
- Leave the mask on your skin for 15 minutes and rinse it off with cool water after that
- Wash you face with mild cleanser, then pat dry
- Repeat this process daily
You can also make use of tomatoes by taking one medium-sized tomato and slice it. Then, put a slice right directly on your affected areas.
Method 2: Tomato, lemon juice and oatmeal
Oatmeal helps exfoliate skin to eliminate toxins causing acne while lemon juice kills off bacteria causing breakouts.
- Place ½ cup of plain oatmeal in a blender, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tomato into
- Blend them till you get a smooth mixture. Add water if the paste is too thick.
- Apply the paste over your clean skin and wait for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water, pat dry
- Repeat this routine every day
Note: If you want to treat pimples on back, then add mint to reduce inflammation.
Method 3: Tomato, tea tree oil and jojoba oil
- Take ½ tomato to mash until smooth
- Mix tomato with 5 drops of tea tree oil and 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- Apply the mixture over your skin and wait for 15 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water daily
- Repeat this every day to decrease acne
Method 4: Tomato and avocado
- Take a pot of water and boil up
- Remove the water from the heat
- After washing your face, drape a large towel over your head, lean your body over that steaming for 15 minutes or so
- Put the pulp of an avocado and 1 tomato in a blender and mix it till smooth
- Apply the paste prepared above to your skin and wait for 30 minutes to rinse off
- Repeat this routine every day
Method 5: Tomato and yogurt
- After pureeing ½ tomato, mix it with 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- Use your fingertips to apply to your skin
- Massage in circular motions gently
- Wait for 30 minutes and rinse it off with warm water
- After washing your face with mild cleanser, pat dry
- Repeat this process every day
Method 6: Tomato, camphor and honey
- Mix tomato juice, raw honey and camphor lotion with the ratio of 1:1:1/2
- Blend them in a blender to get a smooth paste
- Apply it over your skin and wait for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with tepid water, followed by cold water to close the pores
- Repeat every day
Method 7: Tomato and garlic
- Take 4 garlic cloves to peel and mince
- Mix it with 2 tablespoons of tomato juice and blend it to have a smooth paste
- Apply it over your clean skin and wait for 5 minutes to wash it off with water
- Apply your oil-free moisturizer after that and repeat daily
This method on how to get rid of pimples is very powerful for your skin, especially when you suffer from pimples and blemishes. The steam helps open your skin pores and let your skin breathe. Also, this helps in removing dirt, oil and bacteria trapped in the skin pores which cause inflammation and infection.
- Take a large container with the hot water
- Prepare a large towel to cover your head and lean your body towards the steam
- Do it for a few minutes and wash it off with tepid water
- After drying, you apply your oil-free moisturizer
For many centuries, garlic has been a great traditional fold treatment which is claimed to have powerful antiviral, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. It is also used to reduce the severity of pimples and acne. Garlic is said to have the most powerful antioxidant out of any other natural food, even more over papayas and oranges. This ingredient is most potent if consumed raw. You can crush the garlic cloves and add them to your recipes. Eating raw garlic every day can purify your blood. Yet, do not eat too much because it might upset your stomach. Or, if you can’t stand its smell, simply soak peeled garlic cloves in milk for about one hour to reduce it. In Ayurvedic medicine, garlic is reckoned effective for eliminating acne scars and drying out acne if used topically.
All you need to do is:
- Take a garlic clove to crush into a paste
- Then, dilute it with ½ cup of warm water
- Apply the mixture over your face using a cotton ball
- Wash it off with a mild cleanser after that
Because the mixture is diluted, it will not irritate your skin, but if you still experience burning sensations, stop using it.
11. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Baking Soda
Another efficient home remedy for those who are looking for how to get rid of pimples is baking soda. It is used to exfoliate skin, removing dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells. Baking soda has anti-inflammatory qualities, helping soothe redness and swelling associated with pimples. Also, it calms down the flare-ups and soothes skin rashes irritation, as well as sunburn. Using baking soda also helps in fading pigmentation and acne scars. In addition, because baking soda is alkaline in nature, it can neutralize the pH levels of your skin.
The idea of using baking soda for pimples and acne, actually, get a lot of mixed reactions. It is because the skin of each person is different and what works for some people’s skin may not work for others’. For the most part, baking soda is not harmful to use on the skin. But, it is better to do a tiny patch test before using it on a large skin area.
Take the instructions here:
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of water and baking soda
- After washing your face and patting it dry, use the paste over your affected skin areas
- Wait for 15 minutes or so to rinse it off with tepid water
- Apply your non-comedogenic moisturizer afterwards
- Do this twice or thrice per week
Method 2: Baking soda and lemon juice
Lemon juice, as mentioned earlier in this list of tips on how to get rid of pimples, can take control of your oil production whilst shrinking the pores. Also, it reduces redness and kills off bacteria.
- Mix baking soda, water and lemon juice with the ratio of 2:2:1
- Apply the mixture over your clean and dry face
- Wait for 15 minutes to rinse it off
- Apply your moisturizer then
Method 3: Baking soda and coconut oil
Coconut oil will dissolve the excess oil in your skin whilst baking soda will eradicate them. All of these actions will support your acne fighting process .
- Mix a little bit facial cleanser with some coconut oil and baking soda
- After rinsing your facial skin with water, use this combination to massage your skin gently
- Wash your skin with tepid water after that
- Pat it dry
- Apply a moisturizer then
- Repeat this routine 2-3 times per week
In addition to the methods introduced above, there are some other ingredients you can use to mix with baking soda for acne removal, such apple cider vinegar, olive oil, aspirin, oatmeal, milk, etc.
Being the fruit with a lot of powerful properties, such as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, papaya should not be skipped when it comes to how to get rid of pimples naturally. It is a good source of vitamin A and enzymes which can decrease inflammation and make your skin smooth and soft.
- Take a few papaya pieces to crush to get its juice
- Apply it over your affected skin
- Wait for 15 minutes to rinse it off
Or, you can also make an exfoliating face mask by mixing crushed papaya with some honey. Apply the mask on your skin and wash it off after it dries out entirely.
Not only is cucumber rich in vitamin A, C and E and potassium, but it also possesses soothing and cooling effects.
Follow these guidelines:
- Take 1-2 fresh cucumber to cut into pieces
- Soak them in water for 1 hour or so to let the nutrients transfer to water
- Strain that water and drink or use it to wash your face
Or, you can also grind a cucumber to apply the paste over your face. Rinse it off with warm water after 15 minutes to help eliminate bacteria and dirt out of your skin pores.
Mint is a great solution for removing pore clogging oil. It can also clear acne before it starts. Just simply mix 2 tablespoons of the finely chopped fresh mint with the same amount each of oatmeal and plain yogurt. Apply the paste over your skin and wait for 10 minutes to wash it off with water.
This plant is traditionally used to help speed up the wound healing process. Also, it is useful in preventing flu and colds. However, its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities could also be resorted to fight acne. You can use echinacea tea every day as a face wash (add some tincture if you like) to help treat your pimples.
16. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Aspirin
Aspirin has salicylic acid which is good for acne treatments. Using aspirin will dry out your pimples and blemishes and decrease inflammation. To make use of it, you can mix a paste between 4 pills of aspirin and 2 tablespoons of water. Then, apply the paste over your infected skin and wash it off after 15-20 minutes.
With the tea made from chamomile, you could do a lot for your pimples. Furthermore, every home has chamomile tea, so this becomes a perfect solution for pimple removal. Chamomile is added to skin cosmetics in order to serve as an emollient. It is famous for anti-inflammatory, soothing, moisturizing and calming effects. With the chamomile tea, you will almost experience no side effects. Even, it could be used effectively as a scrub for your body, herbal mask for eyes and face mask for face. What to do to make use of this plant to know how to get rid of pimples is:
- Fill a large bowl with hot water
- Add 4 chamomile tea bags into
- Lean your head over your bowl and cover it with a towel, do it for 10 minutes or so to let the steam contact with your skin
- Dab your skin dry by using a soft towel
This method will help open your skin pores, eliminating dirt and excess oil naturally.
Method 2: Chamomile and honey
- Prepare1 tablespoon each of dry chamomile and organic honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 egg white.
- Pour the prepared dry chamomile in hot water and allow it to simmer for 20 minutes
- Add other ingredients into and mix well
- Apply the mask over your clean face and wait for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool water
- Repeat this process once per week
Method 3: Chamomile and peppermint
- Chop 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers and mix with 1 egg yolk, followed by 1 tablespoon of peppermint
- Apply the mixture over your clean and dry face
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Rinse it off with cool water
Method 4: Chamomile and aloe vera juice
- Mix chamomile infusion with 2 teaspoons of clay to have a smooth paste
- Add 1 teaspoon each of aloe vera juice and honey to that mixture
- Apply this paste over your affected skin and wait for 15 minutes
- Use cool water to wash it thoroughly
Or, you could also drink a cup of chamomile tea every day to accelerate the healing process. Chamomile is available in the dried, infusion, liquid extract, tinctures, essential oil form. Also, it is found in creams as well as ointments.
18. Witch Hazel
Among solutions for how to get rid of pimples introduced here, witch hazel might be lesser-known. But, it does work amazingly for pimples and acne. Acting as an astringent, witch hazel can naturally dry and shrink blemishes. In regard to origin, witch hazel is extracted from the leaves and bark of Hamamelis Virginiana which is native to North America. This plant has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a lot of skin issues. Due to its amazing healing effects and astringent property, the extract of witch hazel could be added to many skincare products which are on the market nowadays. Also, witch hazel can help decrease inflammation and infection associated with acne.
In order to reap its benefits, you can pour witch hazel on a clean cotton ball and use it to wipe your face every morning and night.
Alternatively, you could make a toner made from witch hazel and aloe vera. Take the steps here:
- Mix 6 tablespoons of witch hazel with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Then, add 5 to 10 drops of tea tree oil (lavender oil) to that mixture
- Put them in a spray bottle and mist it on your acne-prone areas
- Or, you can use a cotton ball to apply it over your skin
- Repeat this routine every day to eradicate blemishes effectively
19. Aloe Vera
Among tips on how to get rid of pimples naturally, aloe vera is highly recommended. But, it just works when combined with other ingredients. The reasons why aloe vera is good for acne treatment are many. It has gibberellins and glucomannan that improves collagen synthesis if consumed or applied. Also, there are hormones polysaccharides and gibberellins, which have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties helping fight off bacteria thriving in the clogged pores. It absorbs the excess oil from your skin and prevents clogged pores. Additionally, with rich content of carotenoids, flavonoids, catechins, carbohydrates and amino acids, aloe vera can help contract the human skin, therefore rending skin pores clean from dead skin cells, dirt and deposited sebum. Moreover, it purifies the human blood and stimulates skin cell growth to help heal damaged skin.
There are many ways to use aloe vera for treating acne. Some of them are listed below:
- After washing your face with light cleanser and water, extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf
- Apply the gel over your affected skin
- Wait till the next morning to rinse it off
- Repeat it every day
Method 2: Aloe vera decoction
- Pour the boiling water over pre-shredded aloe vera leaves
- Boil it up for 15 minutes
- Remove it from the heat and let it cool
- After straining, use the liquid to wipe your affected skin
- Repeat this problem twice per day
Method 3: Aloe vera and calendula
Oiliness and inflammation of the skin could be handled by using a combination between calendula tincture and aloe vera. It can cleanse and closes enlarged skin pores.
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 2 tablespoons of calendula tincture
- Put them in ¼ cup of cool water (after being boiled)
- Wipe your face with this mixture twice per day
20. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Acidic Foods
Another good and safe way to learn how to get rid of pimples is adding acidic foods to your daily diet. Acidic foods such as vinegar or citrus fruit juice can flush skin pores. Just simply dab some of them on a cotton ball and apply it over your acne areas. Wait for 20 minutes to wash it off with water.
This is a blue-green algae bursting with a lot of nutrients and gamma-linoleic acid (GLA). This is an essential fatty acid having anti-inflammatory properties which are good for removing acne and pimples. You could purchase spirulina at many health foods stores and add it to your smoothie.
22. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids possess anti-inflammatory properties which could improve acne condition. You can get the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids by taking a multi-nutrient capsule containing fish oil or adding more albacore tuna, walnuts, flaxseeds and salmon to your daily diet.
Having bleaching properties, potato is also a natural remedy for pimples. You can boil a medium-sized potato and apply the paste of it on the affected area. This will eliminate hyper-pigmentation while preventing wrinkles and lightening skin.
24. Fuller’s Earth
Also known as multani mitti, fuller’s earth is famous for absorbing additional oil from the skin. Thus, it is one of must-try home remedies for pimples. To make use of this ingredient, take the steps here:
- Mix sandalwood powder, fuller’s earth and rose water with the ratio of 1:1:1
- Apply the pack over your face
- Wait till it dries and rinse it off with cool water
25. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Oatmeal
Yes, you can use oatmeal for acne removal. This ingredient can help clean skin pores and absorb excess oil. After cooking some oatmeal, you take it out and mix it with honey and lemon juice in order to have a consistent paste. Apply the paste over your skin and wait for 30 minutes to wash it off with tepid water.
26. Neem (Indian Lilac)
Neem or Indial Lilac is great for treating pimples and acne thanks to its medicinal qualities, be it antibacterial, antifungal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory. You can make a paste between grinded neem leaves and water. Then, put turmeric powder into the paste and apply it over your affected skin. Rinse it off after drying.
Also called as methi, fenugreek is one of the best solutions for severe pimples and acne. Both the seeds and leaves of fenugreek are efficient for treating acne. You can take the guidelines here:
- Grind a proper amount of fenugreek leaves
- Add water to create a good paste
- Apply it over your skin and wait for 15 minutes to rinse it off with clean water
- To get the best result, you should repeat this routine 3 times per week
28. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Mint
One of the best treatments for pimples is mint which can work on any kind of acne due to its medicinal properties. Take fresh mint leaves and crush them to mix with water. Apply it on your skin for 20 minutes and wash it off. Repeat the process thrice per week. Or, you can apply mint juice by using a cotton ball on your affected skin.
Turmeric is a common ingredient in our kitchen. This plant also absorbs additional oil from skin and combats infecting bacteria. You should take some turmeric powder and mix with some crushed neem leaves. Then, apply that mixture over your affected skin area for about 30 minutes. After drying, you wash it with water.
Alternatively, you could also do the recipe here:
- Put 4 tablespoons of turmeric powder in a bowl
- Then, add the same amount of honey and 1 tablespoon of milk into that bowl
- Stir them well and apply it over your affected skin areas in a circular motion
- Rub it for 10 minutes gently
- Wait till the next morning to wash it off
You could also make a facial pack by combining ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with 2 teaspoons of yogurt. Then, add a small amount of honey into, stir them well to get a consistent paste. Apply that pack over your face and rinse thoroughly after 30 minutes.
30. Nutmeg (Jaiphal)
Thanks to antibacterial and antifungal properties, nutmeg is really a worth-trying treatment for acne and pimples. What you need to do is:
- Grind a nutmeg into powder
- Add water or unboiled melt into to have a good paste
- Apply the paste over your skin and wait for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with water after it dries out
For those who want to remove acne scars, nutmeg powder could be mixed with honey. This also reduces swelling associated with acne.
31. Sandalwood And Rose Water
The combination between sandalwood and rosewater is very soothing for your facial skin. Not only that, the antimicrobial properties of sandalwood can clean your face and gives its glowing effect.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder with a little bit rose water in a bowl to have a pack
- Wash your face and apply this pack gently
- Allow it to dry and rinse it off with cold water and use a towel to pat dry
- You could also pour several drops of glycerine to enhance curing process
32. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Alum
Having antiseptic agent, alum acts as a natural and styptic deodorant. You just need to take a piece of alum and gently rub it on acne. As a result, this will promote the healing process. Alum is good for oily skin and considered one of best great natural home remedies for back acne.
Being a natural scrubber, strawberries have a large content of salicylic acids which are beneficial in opening the blocked pores and eliminate impurities. Salicylic acid is a primary ingredient found in a lot of commercial acne treatments which prevents clogged pores and encourage new skin cell growth. You can mix honey and strawberries to have a good solution for pimple removal. Follow these steps:
- Mix 3 mashed strawberries with 2 tablespoons of honey to have a good paste
- Apply the paste over your face and leave it there for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water, then pat dry
- Moisturize your skin if you have it is dry
- Repeat this routine twice per week for 1 month or so
34. Banana peel
Banana peel is an interesting tip on how to get rid of pimples you should not skip. The lutein presenting in banana peel acts as an antioxidant which boosts the cell growth naturally. Rubbing a banana peel on your facial skin could reduce redness as well as discomfort associated with pimples and acne.
- You can peel a fresh banana and apply its peel over your face
- Massage your face gently in circular motions
- Rinse it off with clean water after 30 minutes
35. Chilli Peppers
It may sound bizarre, but it totally true that the use of chilli peppers can reduce acne swelling. You can crush some chillies to get a powder and add some water into. Use a cotton swab to apply the mixture over your acne.
Note: You should not use it on the areas around your eyes.
36. Almond Powder
The next tip on how to get rid of pimples introduced in this complete list is almond powder which is able to cure not only acne but also blackheads.
Just simply prepare some almond powder and put it in a bowl, followed by some rose water. The paste gotten should be smooth and consistent. Apply this paste over your problematic skin areas. After 15 minutes, wash it off with cool water.
Coriander is amazingly brimming with free radical damaging antioxidants, skin boosting vitamin C and skin-friendly minerals. It is a potent antiseptic, antibacterial disinfectant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and detoxifier. Moreover, using coriander also helps soothe your skin naturally. To take advantage of this herb, you could apply the recipes introduced here:
- Toss ½ cup of oatmeal with ¼ cup each of chopped cucumber and milk, and a handful of fresh coriander in a blender or food processor
- Blend them for 1 minute or so to get a smooth mixture
- Apply the mixture over your facial skin and wait for 20 minutes till it get hardened to rinse it off
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of chamomile, coriander and lemongrass in a pan
- Add 1 cup of boiling water into the pan and let it cool down
- Pour the mixture in a blender and start blending till you get a paste
- Apply the paste over your clean face and wait for 20 minutes to rinse it off with warm water, followed by cool water.
Or, you can combine coriander with lemon juice to get a blackhead-busting spot treatment.
38. Basil Leaves
Generally, basil leaves are used for cooking in Asian countries. Nonetheless, not many people aware that it also possesses antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, it is commonly used for treating pimples and infections. This plant plays a big role in taking control of swelling and redness of the pimples.
Don’t skip: Top 34 Best Asian Skin Care Secrets And Routines
39. How To Get Rid Of Pimples – Water
Well, this is a very simple, but effective tip to remove pimples. By taking 10 – 12 glasses of water daily, you could remove most, if not all, impurities out of your own body.
40. Frankincense Essential Oil
This essential oil is a favorite of many women thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are great for all skin types. This oil is ideal for acne-prone skin. It invites new skin cell growth, reducing the appearance of scars. Besides, it prevents or eradicates bacteria, part of what results in acne at the beginning.
According to a study carried out by researchers in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Freiburg in Germany, using frankincense along with 5 other plant extracts proved the effectiveness of antimicrobial effects on yeast and bacteria related to the human skin. Also, this oil is used topically to deal with some other skin disorders, including eczema .
41. Castor Oil
Having antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities, castor oil can speed up the healing process, making it perfect for acne-prone skin. It can be combined with hemp seed oil, jojoba oil or coconut oil to get extra effects. It is also rich in vitamin E, unsaturated fatty acids, minerals and proteins, which could decrease acne-causing bacteria as well as inflammation accompanied with pimple breakouts. Even, it can prevent acne scars. You can use castor oil for treating mild case of acne because it supplies moisture to your skin while helping it produce less oil, part of what causes acne .
How To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight Fast And Naturally – Extra Tips
- Wash your pillowcase: you should wash your pillowcase once per week to prevent future breakouts.
- Wash your hands carefully prior to using any of the remedies above, especially those requiring direct contact between your face and hands. This will help limit the spread of bacteria and dirt.
- Use some treatments at a time for 1 week to see how effective they are on your complexion. But, do not use too many of them concurrently.
- Have a well-balanced diet plan and make sure that you consume foods rich in antioxidants like vitamin A, C, E, selenium, iron and zinc.
- If the pimples do not disappear overnight, you should not be discouraged. Patience and consistency are required in regard to learning how to get rid of pimples.
- Sleep at least 8 hours per day
- Reduce tension and stress
- Avoid rubbing or touching acne over again
- Keep your hair away from your face
- Do not wear heavy makeup
- Drink lots of water
There you have discovered 56 effective ways on how to get rid of pimples overnight fast and naturally. Remember that acne is different for everyone, but there are still some solutions for having clear skin. These are natural remedies so it might take a little time from you to see what works for you, but positive change could affect your life greatly. It is always better to seek natural solutions for treating pimples as opposed to conventional treatments coming with adverse side effects.
For any contributing ideas about this topic, leave your comments below this article. To know more information about health and beauty issues, visit our How To page.