The hair makes the charm. Having a soft and silky hair is the desire of everyone. But your hair is not always so. Dry hair is one of the problems that you often encounter. Your hair is dry, tangled, and hard to style. This causes many obstacles to your work and life. I know that the reason you are reading this article of 37 Natural Home Remedies For Dry Hair is to learn how to treat this problem at home, but before that, you must understand some basic information about this problem. That way, you can deal with it the right way.
What Is Dry Hair?
Dry hair is a nuisance and annoyance for girls. Especially in the autumn dry weather, sunshine, and winds make the hair more easily dry fiber and split ends. The normal sebaceous glands of the hair shaft are responsible for maintaining the moisture of the scalp. However, for dry hair, this gland becomes less or less active. Dry hair is usually lacking in gloss, fiber and easy to handle. Drying can be caused by external influences such as sunlight, wind, sea water, dusty environment, swimming pool water.
In addition, some improper hair care habits also make hair dry and broken, such as tied hair too tightly, shampoo several times, using hair dryer too hot, hair care products inappropriate, hair dye Many times close together or bending, straightening hair frequently …
Each person’s hair is a combination of 3 elements:
- Scalp condition: Dry, oil or dandruff.
- Characteristics of hair: Straight hair, wavy hair, curly hair, dyed hair
- Living environment: living in a city or a province. Do you often have a room with air conditioning? Outdoor weather is high or low humidity, how is the temperature?
Dry hair looks colorless and is easy to fall off. Even worse, the hair looks dry and even like a straw. If you think your scalp is dry, look at the buckles on your shoulders carefully before discarding them. If the cotton duck is small, like powder, it is due to the over-production of sebaceous glands on the hair elements, not just the dry scalp.
Dry hair is difficult to care after shampooing. Hair looks dull and hair roots are susceptible to dry. There are also split ends and sometimes dry buckets on the hair.
What Are Common Causes Of Dry Hair?
There are many causes of dry hair. Physical or external conditions can lead to dry hair. Here are common causes of dry hair:
- Your Scalp Doesn’t Make Enough Oil
Your hair may get dry because your scalp does not have enough oil to moisturize your hair. Oil from the hair root helps moisturize the hair, making your hair look shiny and smooth. When your scalp is lacking in moisture, your hair will not get enough oil. That is why hair is dry.
For older people, the amount of oil in the body will be less, dry scalp followed by plaques on the shoulders and dryness of the hair.
Maybe the reason your hair is dry is because the moisture in your hair has been gotten out. Each healthy hair has an epidermis that protects the hair from the rain and sun, and the epidermis is a shield to protect your hair from the effects of heat. In an epidermis of healthy hair, the layers lie tightly together to keep the moisture. When the cuticle is separated, moisture retention decreases, leaving more oil out of the hair.
The sun is so vital to life, but the sun can make our hair lose its vitality. Ultraviolet radiation directly from the sun, the same effect as bleaching hair, will definitely destroy the protein keratin in the hair. This causes the hair becoming dull and to dry out the fibers and cause damage. Sunlight will definitely have a particularly negative impact on colored hair.
Dyeing, waving and stretching are so great, that we can change our look and our hairstyle. However, these are the processes that make the hair dry
Hair straightening and stretching are two things that can damage the hair, using external agents to change the shape of the hair, first breaking the disulfide link in the hair. After that, the hair is reshaped in a new fashion and stays that way. This process reshapes the chemical bonds, arranging these links in new positions, helping to keep the hair long.
Hair dye also causes damage to the hair, which goes deep through the epidermis into the inner core and damages the F layer on the hair.
- The Daily Effects
Natural hair is quite strong and can be affected by many types of styling, but hair can still be damaged when over-brushed, especially when the hair is wet or tangled. Care should be taken when using a metal spatula (she should be careful when interrupting her hair bulb), because the elastic scabbard scissors and can damage the hair. Once the hair is tangled, the epidermis is pulled up. When the hair is brushed immediately, the scab will be pulled out.
Heat is definitely the cause of dry and tangled hair. High heat causes the hair to lose moisture because the hair loses moisture so it is no longer smooth. In fact, if the temperature goes up too high, the water in the hair will boil and form heat bubbles inside the soft hair. This is also a cause damage hair. Minimizing the effect of heat on the hair and adjusting the hair styling tools at the lowest temperature is the secret to keeping your hair soft and healthy.
- Hormone Changes
Hormones have a great impact on each of us, both physically and mentally, from having a good night’s sleep, feeling happy to pregnancy and childbirth … And our hormone levels are not maintaining. At the same level throughout life that will change, causing our bodies to change.
“Birth control pills, pregnancy, and menopause are all times of physiological shifts within the body that can have an adverse effect on the hair, including dryness and brittleness,” says Vaught.
- Using The Wrong Shampoo
Some people pay little attention to the choice of shampoo. Some people are too economical, choose to buy shampoo regardless of the characteristics of their hair, only care about the choice of cheap products. In contrast, some people assume that expensive shampoos will have good quality and help their hair stronger and more beautiful.
Shampoo containing strong alkaline or shampoo does not match the characteristics of the hair can lose the slime of the hair, stimulate the skin cells, make the hair dull, brittle, tangled, many dandruff, dry and fall out a lot.
- Brushing Hair When Wet
“Remember that hair is most susceptible to breakage when it is wet,” says Vaught.
When your hair gets wet, your hair is most vulnerable. Brushing your hair while wet will help your hair to dry faster, but it will break the structure of the hair, causing brittle and dry hair.
- Poor Nutrition
Just like any part of our body, hair needs nutrients to restore and grow. The main ingredients for hair growth are iron, keratin, zinc, and vitamin B. So, you should note these supplements in your diet. Some suggestions for you: red meat, milk, spinach, eggs soybeans…
What Are Symptoms Of Dry Hair?
Find out a few ways to check your hair condition to determine if your hair is dry:
- The hair becomes dry and curly
- It is easy to break in the middle of the hair
- You feel the change in hair texture (texture rough, jagged or rugged)
- Hair becomes thinner / hair is shed much
- The hair is too spongy and loses of resilience
- Hair styling becomes difficult
- It is difficult to troubleshoot your hair
- Slower hair growth
Who Is At Risk Of Dry Hair?
People who regularly use heat to make their hairstyles, regularly use hairdressing chemicals, or even people who regularly sit in air-conditioned rooms are also faced to dry hair.
When To See A Doctor?
One of the worst consequences of dry hair is hair loss. You should see a doctor if the condition of your hair is dry and it does not improve or get worse. Sudden hair loss may be a sign of a condition that requires treatment. Therefore, finding the cause is more important than seeking treatment. Please tell your doctor if you notice more hair loss than usual when combing or shampooing.
There, you have discovered some information about dry hair. To overcome this condition many people have come to the hair salon to recover dry hair. This takes a lot of money and time. Meanwhile with the natural home remedies for dry hair, you can do it for yourself.
If you are suffering from dry hair, refer to some tips for dry hair recovery below. It is time to find out what 37 best natural home remedies for dry hair are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 37 Effective Natural Home Remedies For Dry Hair You Must Try
1. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Avocado
Using avocado is one of simple but effective home remedies for dry hair. Avocado contains more than 14 vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, manganese and selenium. Avocado is also rich in antioxidants, which prevent the formation of free radicals that lead to cancer, cataracts, aging skin, and help maintain healthy skin and hair.
Method 1: Avocado And Vitamin E
Avocado is rich in vitamin E, A and D, most notably vitamin E, so avocados are the fruit of choice for beauty products and recipes. Most studies have shown that vitamin E protects against acid oxidation, thereby slowing the aging process of the skin, making the skin brighter and tighter, while helping the roof. The hair becomes smooth, full of vitality.
The way to do it is very simple:
- Cut the avocado, remove the seeds and use the spatula to remove the intestines.
- Then add 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil and butter gut
- Add one teaspoon of your favorite essential oils such as jojoba oil, olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil. These oils provide excellent moisture supply to the hair.
- Put all of the mixture in the blender and whisk it
- Apply this mixture to the hair, from root to tip. You should keep this layer mask from 10-20 minutes to nutrients can penetrate deep into the hair
- Finally rinse and wash with oil as usual
Note that in the summer, you should limit the use of dryers to dry your hair.
Method 2: Avocado And Egg
Eggs are considered “the magic pill” for all hair, but not everyone knows how to use eggs effectively. Eggs are rich in protein, with four main minerals: zinc, selenium, sulfur and iron. Iron is especially important because it helps cells carry oxygen to the hair follicles.
What you need to do are:
- Blend half of the avocado if your hair is short and 1 avocado if your hair is long (grinded whole), then add 1 egg yolk and half teaspoon of olive oil
- Mix this mixture and apply to your hair. Incubate hair for 25 minutes
- Rinse your hair with water
Repeat once a week for damaged hair and once a month for healthy hair.
Method 3: Avocado And Olive Oil
Olive oil has many benefits for the human body. Particularly in the matter of hair care, it brings a lot of efficiency to you. It explains why olive oil is available in the list of home remedies for dry hair mentioned here. Olive oil combined with butter will help you get a perfect mask for your hair because olive oil has many good uses for your hair like reducing tangled hair, improving hair growth and correcting hair loss, reducing split hair condition .
All you need to do are:
- Mix the avocado with 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a thick, viscous mixture
- After shampooing your hair clean, apply this mixture to your hair, stroking it from your feet to the ends of your hair. Apply gentle massage to the scalp and hair for about 5 minutes
- Incubate for about 30 minutes
- Then rinse with water and wash your hair
You should use this formula twice a week
2. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains antioxidants. Applying olive oil to your hair will increase the health of your oily skin, while also acting as a natural nutrient that will help your hair look shiny and soft. Helps remove toxic chemical elements when dyed.
Olive oil also has antibacterial properties to help remove dandruff and hair fleas. In addition, massage with a mixture of olive oil and lavender can help the body to eliminate fatigue, stress.
Method 1: Home Remedies For Dry Hair By Using Shampoo Daily
- You shampoo your hands, small to add 3-4 drops depending on the amount of shampoo
- Use the palm of your hand to massage the shampoo – olive oil Mix well. And then just shampoo.
- In this way, olive oil will gently blend into the scalp with sufficient volume, without causing hair to be damaged, it will nourish hair from scalp and make hair grow thicker.
Method 2: Reduce Dandruff
Dandruff can be removed with a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice. Dry scalp will cause dandruff; As a result, lemon juice helps remove dandruff from the scalp and olive oil moisturizes the new skin.
- Pour a few teaspoons of lemon juice, olive oil and water in a ratio of 1: 1: 1, pour the mixture onto a damp scalp, massage gently and wait 20 minutes.
- Then, rinse your scalp with shampoo.
- Use this method once every 2 weeks to remove dandruff.
Method 3: Reduce Split Ends
In the dry winter months, hair is broken or broken, split and messy, making hair look pathetic. Some olive oil can smoothly handle this problem. Apply olive oil to your hands, slip your hands into styled hair, just so your hair is moisturized.
Method 4: Use Olive Oil Instead Of Conditioner
Using olive oil instead of the conditioner will be a way to keep your hair moist, helping your hair to be strong and shiny. Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, E, and antioxidants, which help protect the keratin cells that form the hair and retain moisture to the hair. According to Elle, olive oil can eliminate the formation of sebum, which blocks the formation of new hair follicles and impedes hair growth.
- Use olive oil after each shampoo.
- After you shampoo your hair as usual (do not use olive oil) you dry up to 80% of hair
- Use 2-3 drops of olive oil (depending on the hair) rub and squeeze lightly on the hair.
- Apply olive oil root hair 2-3 cm …
- You can also use olive oil to incubate your hair if you do not finish your cream
Method 5: Smooth Your Hair With Pure Olive Oil
- Before spraying hair spray with a small amount, do not spray too much, will cause hair after shampoo, medium hair should only 5-6 times spray
- Then massage your hands and scalp, to 30-45ph. Then shampoo with shampoo, if you like to use more conditioner used, but I do not see because after washing, your hair has softened a lot already.
- This method is most effective, use 1-2 times a week (damaged hair), or twice a month (normal hair, dry hair) within 2-3 months you will see healthy hair. , Smooth, easy to brush.
Method 6: Incorporate Olive Oil
- Combine the coolant oil and 10 drops of olive oil, even more so, so that the ratio of steamed oil – olive oil is 2-1.
- Continue using the palm of your hand to massage the mixture together and apply to your hair, avoid applying to the scalp (because there is steam).
- For 30ph then rinsed with water, pay attention to clean the scalp to avoid sticky hair.
Method 7: Home Remedies For Dry Hair By Mixing Olive Oil With Shea Butter
Olive oil mixed with shea butter is a very effective curly hair treatment. This type of conditioning is rich in moisturizing agents that help your curls soften, bounce and polish. However, you should note to apply a sufficient amount of hair, to about 30 – 45 minutes and then rinse with water or shampoo if the hair is glossy.
- 4 parts of apricot butter
- 4 parts coconut oil
- 3 parts olive oil
- A few drops of oil
- Mix the ingredients together. If apricot butter is too hard, you can melt it and mix it with oil and essential oil.
Method 8: Olive Oil Combines Protein (Eggs)
- 2 beaten chicken eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix eggs, oil, lemon juice into a mixture, then apply to dry hair, leave for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water and mild shampoo. It is best to keep your hair warm, for example, with a warm towel or a steamer for nutrient uptake.
- Persistently done in about 2 weeks, your hair will become thick and shiny in an unexpected way. Besides, you can also add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, a little beer to egg mixture and olive oil for the same effect.
3. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Honey
Honey is a favorite ingredient in skin care at home, and at the same time, this is also a very effective conditioner. Honey is especially suitable for dry, fibrous hair, lacking in moisture. Honey is capable of desiccating and locks moisture into the hair, moisturizing the scalp. Honey also contains many antioxidants and nutrients, vitalizing the hair, stimulating hair growth. If you regularly maintain your hair with honey, you will soon have soft, smooth hair to be confident in the cold days .
Method 1: Honey And Water
- You only need to mix ¼ cup pure honey with about 1 liter of clean water, then rinse thoroughly on the hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover the hair, after 30 minutes rinse with water.
- Then you can wash off with shampoo and use conditioner as usual.
- Apply this formula when shampooing, helping to provide moisture, and also help kill bacteria, giving you a clean scalp. Because it is diluted with water, honey will not feel sticky on your hair, it has a pleasant aroma, does not cause irritation.
- If you want to speed up the effect of hair care, restore the damage, can make the mixture thicker, only mix ¼ cup of honey with ¼ cup of clean water, can use warm water to penetrate deep into the hair again. Keeps you cool from incubation.
Method 2: Honey And Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has a good moisturizing effect, like olive oil, which is faster absorbed and is very effective in creating shine for the hair. Coconut oil is also fragrant, when combined with honey will create a very sweet and warm feeling, is suitable for hair care, especially in winter.
All you need to do are:
- Mix ¼ teaspoon of honey with 3 teaspoons of coconut oil, warm in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the coconut oil and mix well with the honey.
- Then, wet your hair with water, then apply a mixture of honey and coconut oil on your hair, focusing on the scalp.
- Incubate your hair with a bathing cap for about 10 minutes then rinse it off with lukewarm water, shampoo with a little shampoo.
- After shampooing, do not use the dryer, nor wipe the hair with a towel, but use a paper towel soaked in the hair, and let your hair dry naturally to prevent damage.
Method 3: Honey And Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has the ability to act like a natural conditioner, which closes the hair follicles, leaving the hair dry.
- Mix 1/4 cup pure honey with 10 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Wet your hair with water first, then apply a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar to your hair, then incubate for 15 minutes.
- Then wash with lukewarm water, which can be shampooed with shampoo if you wish, but do not apply additional conditioner.
- You can apply this condition once a week. This formula is especially suitable for people with naturally curly hair, or who have bent the curls with heat, helping to lock the hair look more glossy, which in turn seems more bloated, does not appear to scaly dry fiber.
Method 4. Honey And Olive Oil
Olive oil can make a big difference to your hair, especially to moisturize both hair and scalp, deepening it from root to tip of hair. For people who have dandruff caused by dry scalp and mold can also apply this formula twice a week.
All you need to do are:
- Mix 1/2 cup honey with ¼ cup olive oil, then heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Apply the mixture to the hair, can be combed to comb the mixture deep. Then use a bath cap to cover your hair, incubate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- If possible, use a dryer from outside the hair hat, which will stimulate the deeper penetration.
- Then, remove the shower cap and rinse with a little shampoo, remember not to use extra conditioner.
- Only after 2-3 times to apply, you will see that your hair is softer, shinier, and has the same shine that has survived for a long time.
Method 5. Honey And Banana
- Remove the cover of bananas and ripe bananas in a smooth grinder. Next, add half a tablespoon of honey, turmeric powder and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise in the mashed banana.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the mixture to the scalp. Remember to apply masks to the roots and hair bands.
- Leave the mask for 1 hour and then use cold water to rinse.
- Shampoo and flush your hair as normal.
Method 6. Home Remedies For Dry Hair With Honey, Egg And Olive Oil
Eggs are rich in protein sources to help condition the hair after sunburn. Olive oil and honey are well known for their ability to help moisturize, shine the hair.
There is a slight note that if your hair is oily, use egg whites and if you have normal or dry hair, use egg yolks.
Here’s the method:
- 1 tablespoon honey 2 tablespoons olive 1 egg yolk
- Mix the ingredients in the dense mixture and use all the hair and massage gently for 15 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Make frequent and you will notice that your hair is less split and slippery.
Method 7: Honey And Pumpkin
This remedy is one of little – known home remedies for dry hair. Honey is the best natural moisturizer, providing not only water for hair, but also soft, smooth, strong hair. Pumpkin is rich in vitamins A, E, Beta-Carotene, Kali and zinc. These are very good nutrients to restore dry hair.
The way to make this mask is very simple:
- Crush a pumpkin
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Apply this mixture on the hair and scalp
- Hold for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
Method 8: Pure Honey And Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 liter of warm water
- A few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- After shampooing for a long time, wet your hair and mix it into your hair and massage for 5 minutes.
- In addition to keeping the shine for the hair, this beauty also helps the hair against UVA and UVB rays from the sun, nourishing hair always shine from root to tip.
4. Strawberries And Mayonnaise
Strawberry is a genus of angiosperm and a flower belonging to the rose family, giving the fruit a lot of popularity. Dutch scientists have shown that berries are especially healthful because they contain more nutrients than tomatoes, kiwis or broccoli, which are high in nutritional value. For example, berries contain 10 percent more antioxidants than tomatoes.Mayonnaise contains L-cyteine, a powerful antioxidant that strengthens your hair, is shiny and thick, so it is considered the best natural for dry and damaged hair .
The way to do it is very simple:
- 8 strawberries.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
- Blend mulberry and put in mayonnaise.
- Mix the two ingredients into a mixture of creams.
- Apply to wet hair a thick layer. Hold for 15 minutes. Shampoo with shampoo.
Papaya, one of home remedies for dry hair, is a fruit rich in antioxidant nutrients such as carotene, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, folate, minerals, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. Some lotion and shampoo products use papaya as a raw material for production . According to many hair care professionals, you can use papaya by eating directly or using hair care products with papaya extract. Some of the benefits of papaya for hair include: Rich in nutrients, papaya can stimulate healthy hair growth, helping to prevent baldness.Papaya is also very useful for treating hair loss.If you add papaya to your meal every day, you can reduce your thinning condition.Papaya is rich in minerals, vitamins, and enzymes that safely remove dirt, oil and chemicals from your hair.Use papaya hair mask to help your hair become thicker, stronger and shinier.
- 1 cup cooked papaya, peeled, cut
- 1 cup cooked banana, peeled, cut
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- Put all ingredients into the blender jar smooth. Then, apply directly to dry hair.
- Next, wrap your hair with a plastic hat and wrap the towel around your head for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, wash your hair normally.
In addition to using papaya, you can also use papaya leaves to look after beautiful hair. Papaya leaves are useful for nourishing damaged, dry and lacking hair. Besides, papaya leaves help remove dirt, oil and chemicals that stick to your hair without side effects.
In addition, when combining papaya leaves with coconut milk, and lemon grass oil can help smooth hair, no longer break and full of vitality.
6. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera provides moisture to your hair, giving you smooth, healthy hair.
Restoring dry hair with aloe vera mask is very simple:
- Peel aloe vera
- Take the gel inside the conditioner
- Apply evenly on your hair after washing your hair
- Hold for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
7. Coconut Milk And Lemon
The next one in home remedies for dry hair is coconut milk and lemon. Coconut milk and lemon is one of the simplest ways of natural home remedies for dry hair. Coconut milk helps moisturize the hair. Lemon helps prevent dandruff, hair loss and make your hair look shiny.
The method is simple:
- Mix coconut milk with lime juice
- Keep in the refrigerator for several hours until the surface of the mixture becomes soft as a hair conditioner
- Apply this cream on your hair
- Massage gently and incubate the hair for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
8. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Mayonnaise
The Mayonnaise is made from egg yolk, cooking oil and vinegar are all high in protein providing the nutrients needed for the hair. In mayonnaise contains amino acids and antioxidants to help the hair grow long and shiny long hair, antioxidants help to strong hair with dry hair, fiber, split ends.
Method 1: Just Mayonnaise
- You need to wash your hair with water for a damp hair, wash with warm water if possible.
- Then, take a handful of mayonnaise to the palm of your hand just enough to your hair.
- Then add the mayonnaise to the hair, massage gently.
- Incubate your hair with a cotton towel or headgear in 20-30 minutes for protein and nutrients to penetrate into each of your hair.
- Finally, you wash with water to clean.
If your hair is damaged a lot, then use this method regularly for 2-3 months to restore your hair.
Method 2: Mayonnaise And Eggs
- Mix one egg and half a cup of mayonnaise, add a few drops of oil.
- Do the same with mayonnaise, hair after 30 minutes shampoo with shampoo as usual.
You will notice the difference after conditioning hair this way. In addition to the restoration of dry and damaged hair, it also protects against color drift.
9. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Beer
Looking for the best home remedies for dry hair? Consider using beer. Beer is made from fermented rye and wheat with vitamin B1, a large amount of protein, so it can restore damaged hair. On the other hand, scientists have demonstrated that mantozo sugar and sucrose (sugar cane) are present in the beer that tighten the epidermis of each hair strand, making the hair stronger and healthier .
All you need to do are:
- Shampoo with normal shampoo.
- When the hair is dry, use a can of beer to apply to the hair.
- Cover with a hat or a hot towel to wrap hair for 15-20 minutes. This time the nutrients in the beer will penetrate deeply into the hair roots, scalp nourish the hair from root to tip.
- Rinse thoroughly with water, done 2-3 times per week.
10. Omega-3 Rich Food
Omega-3 is a healthy fatty acid that is indispensable in everyone’s diet and has a good restorative effect on dry hair. You should consume omega-3 rich foods in your everyday meal to have healthy hair.
Omega-3 consists of three forms: DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), which are found in everyday foods. ALA contains many of the oils of plants, especially walnuts, sunflower,…While DHA and EPA are abundant in fish, fish oil and other seafood. You should consume omega-3 rich foods in each meal every day to have healthy hair.
11. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Almond Oil
Almond oil is light yellow, slightly liquid. It is often used for beauty because it is very benign, not stimulating. With hair, almond oil helps nourish soft hair, reduce hair loss
Almond oil is quite effective in restoring dry, damaged hair. You just apply almond oil to your hair, massage gently in circular motion for 15-25 minutes, then you wash your hair with water.
In addition to direct application, we can also create a fairly effective masking mask.
Follow these steps:
- Take 1 tablespoon of almond oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mix well and apply to hair, especially damaged hair.
- Wipe the cotton wool over warm water and wrap around the head. Other towels may be changed or use a heat generator if needed.
- Incubate for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
Note: It is advisable to shampoo prior to the incubation of the hair.
You can use this mask twice a week for the best results. This mask provides moisture and nourishment deep in the roots to restore beautiful shine for dry hair.
12. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder contains protein, tannins, vitamins and minerals, organic acids – essential for the nutrition of the scalp and hair follicles, and improves the structure of the hair. Therefore, cocoa is used actively in hair care, especially if the hair is damaged and weakened.
Cocoa is rich in magnesium, which is a mineral that helps prevent hair loss. Cocoa also contains more antioxidants than many other natural products, making the hair become lively, bright and healthy. This ingredient also activates the blood circulation of the scalp and hair follicles. Use hair mask from regular cocoa – your hair will become thicker, smoother and less tangled. This is a good way to prevent split ends for loose and brittle hair.
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- Green tea (made from fresh tea leaves)
- Bring some hot water and pour fresh tea to the tea leaves in 3 minutes. Then add honey, olive oil and cocoa when the water is warm. Mix all the ingredients together until the mixture is liquid, slightly (not too thick because it will be difficult to apply on the hair.
- The hair is flushed through the water to remove dust, nutrients will be more permeable. Apply a mixture of cocoa mask to the hair from the hair root to the top. Large combs can be used to brush evenly.
- Hair straighten up. Use a soft towel or plastic hat to cover your hair. Incubate hair for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Wash your hair with shampoo. If there are natural shampoo as possible.
- Use once a week
- If your hair is light (bright yellow, platinum), apply a layer of olive oil before applying a cocoa mask.
- If you want to combine cocoa brown hair naturally, you can add some sugar-free yogurt to the mixture.
- Use old clothes, dark when using masks
- Within 36 hours after using the mask, do not use any chemical products on your hair for optimal absorption of nutrients.
- Thoroughly check for allergy to cocoa before use
- After a period of using masks smooth hair from cocoa you will see results more clearly than expected. Good luck!
13. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Chamomile
The next one in regard to home remedies for dry hair is chamomile. The composition of chrysanthemum helps hair grow stronger, thicker and grows considerably. Chrysanthemums contain active ingredients that have been praised for some amazing properties. These properties include great benefits in caring for hair and stimulating hair growth. The use of chamomile tea reduces and prevents hair loss by enhancing the hair follicles. Chamomile tea is very effective in supporting dry scalp treatment.
Moreover, shampooing your hair with chamomile tea also helps to retain the shine of the hair effectively. Maybe, drinking chamomile tea also brings significant benefits for the hair. If you have dry scalp, you can use chamomile tea, its nutrients help not only soothe the scalp but also treat any inflammation or irritation of the scalp.
- Use a handful of chamomile and pour about 4 cups of boiled water.
- Cover the teapot cover and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Filter tea, and let cool. Use chrysanthemum tea to wash hair and scalp.
- Note, do not wash with water but use dry scalp absorbent towel.
- Use chamomile tea daily to keep the shine of hair color and effective dry scalp treatment.
14. Sugar Water
Sugar water is another remedies for dry hair. We all know that sugar is terrible for our bodies but one expert seems to think that it could work wonders for our hair. Speaking to Marie Claire, she explained the benefit of sugar water: ‘Not only are you removing all the gunk more efficiently, but nixing dead skin cells allows conditioners to penetrate efficiently. So you’re getting a deeper clean and better moisture, all at the same time.
The way to do is very easy:
- Pour a teaspoon of sugarwith a cup of waterand stir well.
- Use as a hair spray
15. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Aspirin
Aspirin is made from the inner surface of the willow tree. It is considered one of miraculous drugs that can relieve pain, reduce fever, blood thinning, and limit certain types of cancer. The salicylic acid component in aspirin is used for cleaning and disinfection. An unexpected use of Aspirin is to cure dry hair very effectively.
To use aspirin for dry hair removal, follow these steps:
- Crush 2 aspirin into fine powder and mix well into 150ml to 200ml shampoo into a special shampoo for dry scalp and dandruff.
- Wet the scalp, then apply the shampoo and mix the aspirin to the roots, scalp and massage gently in the circle for about 5 minutes.
- Then rinse with water and rinse with regular shampoo.
- Maintain 2 times per week for 1 month for best results.
Note: Depend on the amount of shampoo, you can change the dose of aspirin accordingly. Avoid abusing aspirin to help remove dandruff too quickly because it may cause some side effects.
16. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Castor Oil
Castor is a flower in Jamaica. The oil extracted from this flower has the ability to thicken the hair, moisturize the hair follicles, and stimulate hair growth in baldness-prone areas. Just massage the scalp with this oil daily, the hair will be thicker and more bloated.
The way to use it:
- Mix 4 tablespoons of honey, 4 – 5 drops of castor oil and 2 drops of peppermint oil.
- Use the mixture to massage the scalp mixture mix within 15 minutes. Make sure the castor oil touches the entire scalp and is permeable to the roots.
- Then, roll your hair back into a bathing suit or towel. Leave within 20 – 30 minutes for the hair care mixture to penetrate the skin and hair roots.
- Rinse your hair with shampoo.
17. Shea Butter
Shea butter is rich in vitamins A, E, fatty acids, along with a variety of fatty acids, rich in moisturizers that help nourish and restore hair from deep within, for soft hair, strong, shiny hair.
- Heat the mixture with 2 tablespoons of shea butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, a little olive oil.
- Wait until the butter melts, add a spoonful of honey
- Apply to wet hair
- Shampoo again with water
18. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Argan Oil
Argan oil is a material taken from the fruit of the Argan tree, which is grown in Morocco, which only produces fruit after 30 to 50 years of age. This oil is rare because it contains high levels of essential fat and multi-phenolic effects on the human body.
Argan Oil has the ability to penetrate deeply into the hair follicles, providing nutrients of omega 3-6-9 fatty acids to the hair and moisturizing without causing oily, obstructive hair roots. Because the hair follicles constantly produce and grow throughout their lives, this nutrient supply to the follicle is a way to prevent signs of hair loss, broken hair, damaged hair. Through the activities of bending, stretching, dyeing, and flaking, the keratin scales of the hair is peeling. Keratin plays an important role in maintaining healthy hair. That is why you need to use Argan oil to create a strong and firmly bonded scab.
The way is very simple:
- Using argan oil in combination with avocado oil or aloe vera for a great effect.
- Apply the moisturizing mask on the scalp and moisturize normally after 10-20 minutes.
- Hair mask helps you to nourish the scalp and condition your hair for a long while, while reducing the flaking of the horn, preventing dryness of the hair core without over-drying or sticking when rubbing argan oil directly onto the hair.
Ghee is very rich in unrefined fats. They nourishes your hair and can control split ends, dry hair… After washing your hair with shampoo and massaging the scalp, apply some drops of ghee over your hair. It acts as a hair conditioner.
20. Home Remedies For Dry Hair – Black Tea
The full nutrients in your daily black tea will not only boost your immune system, but also make a bobbing hair. That is why it is listed in the series of home remedies for dry hair. You have hair loss, so why don’t you not use black tea? The caffeine found in Camilla sinensis plants helps block DHT (Dihydrotestrone). This hormone is thought to be responsible for hair loss. In addition, the antioxidants are also said to help inhibit DHT, so a simple tea cup has a powerful punch for your hair health.
Black tea has anti-oxidant properties and contains many vitamins that are good for hair growth, especially regenerating hair pigment, which reduces early childhood hair loss.
All you need to do are: In a glass of black tea, put two teaspoons of fresh milk and a few drops of salt into, then rub the mixture on the hair, incubate within 1 hour and then wash the head with Lebbekjuice. Maintain this treatment to see the best results.
The above-mentioned natural home remedies for dry hair are claimed to be able to reduce the symptoms of dry hair. Everyone knows that hair restoration by natural methods is much better than hair care products because of the chemical compositions. These ingredients can irritate the scalp and damage the hair. But the disadvantage of restoring dry hair with natural remedies is quite time-consuming, slow-acting so you need to persevere and perform regularly to get the best results. Choose some of these Home remedies for dry hair and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 37 Natural Home Remedies for Dry Hair” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.
Wish you have soft, smooth hair!