Due to different sweat glands, the body odor of each personhas different characteristics. For that reason, while many people feel confident about their body odor, others are ashamed of them. Body odors cause many obstacles for these people, including in life, work and love.
I know that the reason you are reading this article of Top 39 Natural Home Remedies For Body Odor Removal is to learn how to treat this problem at home, but before that, you had better understand some basic information about it. This will help you determine your condition to choose the right treatment.
What Is Body Odor?
Everyone has their own fingerprints to distinguish, but few people know that each person has a different body odor. A study by scientist Dustin Penn in Vienna (Austria) has indicated this.In addition, the body odor of each person is always about 400 compounds. They always exist on your body no matter what you eat or drink. These 400 compounds that make a difference within individuals, even with members of a family. This result confirms that humans have characteristic body odors.
Each person has about 2 million to 4 million sweat glands. The large sweat glands are concentrated in the armpit, palm, foot and back areas.
When the metabolism takes place in the body, the sebum (its main constituents is ammonia and fatty acids) is broken down by the subcutaneous bacteria, making the body smell very specific. This excretion ensures the body to remove toxins or other substances harmful to the body while ensuring the body temperature is stable. However, this has become a “nightmare” for many people. For some people with pleasant body odors, they do not need to worry about this problem. Yet, for those who have nasty body odors, they always need to pay attention to it.
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
Body odors cause many obstacles for these people, including in life, work and love. Finding and applying body odor remedies always gives them headaches. Many people think that body odor is a chronic condition. Nevertheless, the reality is not so. The body odor can be completely treated by applying home remedies or by surgery.
What Are Common Causes Of Body Odor?
Here are the common causes of this problem  :
- Bacteria Cause Body Odor
Bacteria on the skin are responsible for many skin and health problems, including body odors. In fact, sweat does not smell. However, when sweat is secreted, it clings to the skin and interacts with the bacteria. The bacteria that live on the skin break the structure of the sweat. The byproduct of this interaction is acid compounds (Propionic Acid and Isovaleric Acid) which have an unpleasant odor. Therefore, to reduce and avoid the smell of the body, you should first clean the skin regularly to remove bacteria, sweat and sebum on the skin.
- Body Hygiene Causes Body Odor
Poor body hygiene will facilitate the formation and growth of bacteria on the skin. In addition, this makes sweat and sebum accumulate more on the skin. Then, the body has an unpleasant smell is unavoidable.
- Foods Cause Body Odor
Foods are closely related to the body odor.Some foods which cause heat and poison for the body contain unpleasant odors. When consumed by the body, they will also be excreted through the sweat and cause an unpleasant odor to the body. This is why in some problems of body odor such as armpit odors, people need to abstain from foods such as seafood, spicy spices, foods with characteristic odors.
- Some Drugs Cause Body Odor
The use of certain drugs causes side effects, including body odor. These may be drugs used to treat neurological disorders or depression. In addition, other drugs, such as antipyretics and headache medications, can also cause this condition. Their components are mainly aspirin and acetaminophen. Therefore, using these drugs too much makes the body sweat generated increased, causing body odor. When using these drugs, patients should note to follow the instructions of the doctor. If necessary, take measures to prevent body odor when taking the medication as directed. In addition, you should not abuse these drugs to avoid this side effect.
- DiseasesCause Body Odor
People with gastritis, urinary tract infections or skin diseases can experience body odor.
- GenesCause Body Odor
An important cause of body odor is genes. Each body has different biological mechanism and active gene that determine whether or not to cause body odor. If the genes cause the body odor, it is very difficult to treat this problem.
- Stress Causes Body Odor
This information must have surprised many people. When you are stressed, the large sweat glands secrete a fatty acid which is in the form of fluid. Once exposed to bacteria on the skin, this fatty acid will turn into an insoluble fatty acid. This is the reason why the body has bad smell.
What Are Common Symptoms Of Body Odor?
Here are the common symptoms of this problem:
- The armpits, palm, foot and back areas produce a lot of sweat causing unpleasant odors.
- After you shower, this bad smell may disappear. But about an hour later, the smell will return to your body.
- The sweat that the body produces is greasy, light yellow or opaque.
- After being used, clothes or socks have a foul odor.
You may experience other symptoms not mentioned. If you have any questions about the signs of the disease, please consult your doctor.
Who Is At High Risk Of This Problem?
Body odor can occur in both men and women. Nonetheless, men are more susceptible to this condition than women. Children in puberty are also often faced with this condition. Besides, people who do not regularly clean their bodies and people who are affected by genetic factors are high risk individuals with body odors. You can control this problem by minimizing risk factors. Please consult your doctor for more information.
When To See A Doctor?
Body odor is a condition that is not dangerous to health and life. However, it causes a lot of negative impact on your life. They often cause you to be embarrassed when in contact with others. For that reason, treating it early is always what you want. If for some reasons, the application of home remedies does not work, you should see your doctor for direct examination and counseling. Besides, if you have any questions about body odor, please consult your doctor. Each person's condition is different, so consult your doctor to select the most suitable option.
There, you have discovered some information about body odor. They are all very necessary information for you to find the appropriate treatment. Here we present home remedies for body odor which are safe and effective. Although they require your patience, the results they bring will surprise you. It is time to find out what the effective home remedies for body odor removal are. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 39 Home Remedies For Body Odor Removal
1. Wash Your Body Regularly
Washing your body regularly is the first remedy in this list of home remedies for body odor removal. An unpleasant body odor is a sensitive issue and can lead to other social, cultural and work problems. Although the use of deodorant products can help in some cases, these products contain harmful chemicals. In addition, experts do not encourage you to use these products for a long time. Frequently wash the body is considered a top measure for this problem. Bacteria react with sweat secreted by the gastrointestinal tract, causing body odor. Therefore, regular bathing is a necessary step.
Try to shower once a day no matter how tired you are and how busy you are. This is the best way to ensure your body is dry and clean all day. Take a shower if you wake up in a state of hot sweating during the night. After a long day of activity, especially after continuous exercise, you also have to take a bath. If you do not want to smell the body, do not forget to take a bath after exercising.
Use mild soap made from vegetable oil to apply on the body. Apply soap on skin for 5 minutes to remove bacteria. Not all soaps are antibacterial and you do not need to use antibacterial soap. Instead, you can try mint soap for a bath. Mint oil is a mild disinfectant, so it can help you fight body odor safely. Besides cleansing the skin, you can shave off your armpit hair to remove body odor. The development of armpit hair can provide a favorable environment for the formation and growth of bacteria on the skin.
2. Wipe Your Body Dry After Bathing
This is another must-try home treatment in this list of home remedies for body odor. This is a very important step to deodorize the areas prone to odor on the body such as groin, armpit and around the nipple. In addition, you need to ensure that the areas where the skin has wrinkles (under the chest, groin and abdomen) are thoroughly dried. If you want to remove or avoid body odor, you need to keep your body dry. Failure to dry your body after bathing may cause some sensitive areas to remain wet. This makes the bacteria have many conditions to grow. Then, body odor is unavoidable. Therefore, after bathing, use a soft cotton towel to dry your body. Please use a soft, dry and clean towel to keep your skin clean. Using a dirty towel can make your condition worse.
Besides drying the body after bathing, it is very important to keep your body dry all day. Long-lasting sweat on the skin makes you feel uncomfortable, while giving the bacteria a favorable environment to “sabotage”, causing body odor. Therefore, wearing clothes made from natural fibers such as cotton, silk or wool is good for you. When exercising or working outdoors, you should wear clothing made from cotton. This is a very good absorbent material. Clothes made of cotton fabric help the skin breathe and reduce sweating. Hence, wearing cotton clothes will bring you healthy and dry skin.
This sounds strange when it comes to home remedies for body odor removal, but it works. The natural scent of lemon plays an important role in reducing the unpleasant odor of the body. The natural antiseptic and antimicrobial properties of lemon also help eliminate unpleasant odors of the body and control bad breath caused by bacteria. The acidity of lemon juice helps to reduce the pH of the skin, eliminating the growing environment of harmful bacteria on the skin. In addition, lemons are rich in vitamin C (an immune enhancer), which removes harmful toxins in the body. Further lemon is easily absorbed, thus improving the body odor quickly .
Start a day with a glass of warm lemon juice to help clean the system in your body. Besides, to eliminate or avoid odors from the armpits or feet, rub half the lemon into the affected area. After about 5-10 minutes, remove the lemon juice with water. Apply this remedy once a day until the smell has disappeared completely.
This is one of the little-known home remedies for body odor. Another food that can limit body odor is tomatoes. Tomatoes that contain antibacterial and antiseptic properties can help limit the amount of bacteria that cause bad odor in the body. In addition, as a natural astringent, tomatoes help shrink pores and prevent the tubes from sweating, thereby controlling excessive sweating. Even drinking tomato juice can also help lower body temperature, thus reducing sweating .
Drink ½ cup fresh tomato juice daily or eat fresh tomatoes every day to improve your condition. Besides, you can also use tomato juice to remove the odor of the body in another way. Before taking a bath, apply fresh tomato juice to body parts that sweat a lot and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, then take a bath as usual. Daily applying this remedy is really good for you.
5. Green Tea
Green tea is a natural antioxidant. Drinking green tea can help prevent bad breath and body odor. Green tea supports detoxification by enhancing the production of glutathione (an antioxidant) and removing toxins from the body. Polyphenols in green tea also help to destroy the compounds that cause body odor. The tannic acid and antioxidants in green tea help to fight off body odor from inside out . Applying green tea externally will keep your skin dry and bacteria under control.
Consuming this tea daily will help to remove toxins out of your body.
- Put green tea leaves in boiling water
- Let it steep for several minutes
- Allow it to cool down and apply the extract to your affected area
- Drinking green tea regularly before having a breakfast will help you solve your foul body smell.
- Reapply this method on alternate days because using it too regularly can dry out your skin.
Natural remedies take time to work. Therefore, make sure you apply this remedy for at least a month to see the best results.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is an excellent and natural deodorant to help the body have a pleasant odor. The antimicrobial properties of the medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil help to limit the growth of bacteria causing odor. Coconut oil also supports digestive health, an important factor in fighting both body odor and bad breath.
The ways to use coconut oil to treat body odor are very simple. Use coconut oil to rinse your mouth for 5-10 minutes or apply coconut oil to the sweat skin areas before shower 10-15 minutes. Your condition will improve gradually after about 1 week of applying this remedy. This is considered one of the best natural home remedies for body odor removal.
Rosemary is also a food that limits body odor. Rosemary oils can help you eliminate the body odor by inhibiting the growth of odor bacteria. In addition, the menthol and chlorophyll compounds in rosemary can help your body have a pleasant natural aroma.
Let’s drink 2 cups of rosemary tea made from fresh or dried leaves daily. You can also mix 8-10 drops of rosemary essential oil in 30 ml of water to form a solution, then apply this solution to the skin areas that often sweat. Please apply this remedy 2-3 times every day to get the best results. This is reckoned one of the best home remedies for body odor removal.
The next one in this of home remedies for body odor removal. Since ancient times, cinnamon has been used as a spice that restricts the body odor. This spice helps to saturate fat in the body quickly, helping the body to have a natural aroma. Cinnamon oils help fight bad breath by reducing the amount of bacteria in your mouth. Therefore, drink 1-2 cups of cinnamon tea daily to remove or prevent body odor or bad breath.
Strong oils in parsley help control unpleasant odors in the body. Parsley also contains a number of chlorophyll, such as alkalizing which helps parsley is one of the best foods that can limit the body odor. Parsley helps to alkalize the body and cleanse the blood. Parsley helps you fight off bacteria that cause body odor. Besides, it also helps in detoxifying the body .
Add parsley to your daily diet to assist with body odor treatment. Besides, drinking 2 cups of warm parsley tea daily is also a very good thing. Reapply this remedy every day until your condition is fully treated.
This remedy is one of little – known home remedies for body odor. Curry has the ability to fight odor by removing toxins in your body. Not only that, curry also contains vitamins, minerals and plant nutrients to help improve digestive health. Healthy digestive system will limit body odor. In addition, curry is effective in reducing bad breath. Take 1-2 cups of warm curry tea daily to improve or prevent body odor.
Among home remedies for body odor removal, using wheatgrass is one of the most effective. Wheatgrass is a great food limiting body odor. Wheatgrass contains large amounts of chlorophyll – a compound that limits body odor. It also helps to reduce sweating by balancing the acid and the toxins in the blood that cause sweating.
In addition, wheatgrass is rich in B vitamins and other nutrients that help regulate body temperature. These are the things you need to treat your body odor. Mix 2 teaspoons of wheatgrass juice with 1 cup of water to drink in the morning when the belly is empty. Maintain this habit every day. It's really good for you.
12. Sage Herb
Sage herb has two properties coming handy in regard to eradicating body odor. First, it decreases sweat glands’ activity, thereby making you sweat less. Second, it has antibacterial property, preventing bacteria from thriving on skin. Fact is, sage also has a natural scent that acts as a natural deodorant.
Sage belongs to rosemary family and has aromatic compound named camphor and volatile oils, including diosmetin, apigenin, luteolin, and rosmarinic acid. These compounds work to keep your body fragrant during the day. Thus, you can use sage herb to get rid of body odor.
Method 1: Sage essential oil
- Mix some drops of sage essential oil with olive oil or any other carrier oil
- Apply this mixture over your armpits for good results
Method 2: Sage herb tea
- Put 2 teaspoons of dried sage herb in ¼ liter of hot water
- Let it steep for 5 minutes
- Use this water to rinse your armpits, but not for genital area
- Wash your hands after using sage herb
- Avoid touching the face without washing hands after using the herb
- When drinking sage tea, do not overuse. Drinking this herbal tea for a long time will lead to dizziness, seizures and hot flashes.
- Avoid sage if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
13. Turnip Juice
Turnip is a rich source of vitamin C along with other nutrients. Not only does it make tasty recipes, but it also helps to eradicate body odor. This is an Ayurvedic remedy.
- Cut a turnip into pieces
- Crush them to make a paste out of it
- Put the paste into a sieve and press to extract the juice
- Apply it over your armpits and groin area
- Allow it to dry naturally
This mixture can help you control body odor for at least 10 hours.
14. Baking Soda
Baking soda is versatile. It uses vary from daily hygiene, digestive issues, injuries to stomach pain, sore throats, and coughs.
Baking soda is part of natural home remedies for body odor. It has large amounts of sodium bicarbonate and has been widely used since ancient times as a soother, natural deodorizer, and cleanser. Baking soda can absorb moisture, thereby preventing the sweat formation. Not only does it kill off the bacteria on skin but also alkalizes your body and neutralizes pungent odor on the body . You can always create your own deodorant by mixing baking soda with water and rub it over your underarms and your feet to reduce body odor.
Follow these guidelines for details:
- Put 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl and brush it over the affected areas like your armpits
- Alternatively, mix baking soda with some drops of water to create a paste. Apply this paste over your armpits as well as other body areas and rinse it off with tepid water after 15 minutes. Repeat this routine for several weeks
Method 2: Baking soda and cornstarch
- Mix ½ cup each of baking soda and cornstarch
- Add 10 drops of tea tree oil into
- Put the mixture in a shake container
- Apply it over your affected area after having a bath every day
Method 3: Baking soda, alum powder and rubbing alcohol
- Mix 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 4 teaspoons of alum powder and 225 ml of rubbing alcohol together
- Stir them well and put it a dry, clean spray bottle
- Spray this solution over your affected area instead of your regular deodorant
Method 4: Baking soda, salt and essential oils
- Mix baking soda, Epsom salt, kelp powder, and dead sea salt together as the ratio of 1:2:1:3 (using tablespoon)
- Then, pour lavender oil, lemon balm oil, and lemon oil as the ratio of 6:3:6 (drops as units)
- Pour this mixture in your warm bath water
- Soak yourself in this solution for 30 minutes
- Have this bath regularly to harness its benefits
15. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seed is an antioxidant, which can flush out toxins out of your body. Also, it has antibacterial effects and inhibits bacterial infections from spreading . Fenugreek tea is believed to help combat body odor naturally by dealing with its root cause.
What you need to do is:
- Put 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in 250 ml of water
- Boil it up until the amount of water decreases to half
- Have this solution every morning on an empty stomach
16. Fennel seeds
Fennel seeds have some components which are stimulants and able to enhance the secretion of gastric and digestive juices within the stomach. Also, they are known to act as natural laxatives and be able to prevent body odor .
All you have to do is:
- Put 1 teaspoon of finely crushed fennel seeds
- Boil this mixture and strain it
- Add some honey for flavor (optional)
- Have this mixture every morning till you get your desired results
17. Vinegar / Apple Cider Vinegar
Vinegar is acidic so it helps to reduce pH level of your skin, so you will feel fresh without worrying about body odor. Also, it has the ability to kill and prevent bacterial formation, thereby preventing the occurrence of foul body odor . Apple cider vinegar even contains a number of essential enzymes, pectin, trace minerals, and beneficial bacteria which help with proper digestion. In turn, this prevents body odor caused by gut or digestive disorders.
Apple cider vinegar also controls excessive sweating while removing toxins from your body due to its astringent property.
The formation of toxins within the body can slow down liver and kidneys’ function, which results in foul body odor. Thus, apple cider vinegar naturally acts as a tonic which detoxifies the whole body and boost liver’s function to prevent body odor.
There are several ways to use white vinegar for body odor removal:
- Soak a clean cotton ball in white vinegar
- Apply it over your underarms
- Repeat this a few times per day for good results
- Put vinegar into a sprayer
- Spray it under your arms after showering
You can also dilute white vinegar with some water and have a bath with this solution.
Notes: Do not use any deodorant after using vinegar. Avoid using vinegar after shaving because this might burn your abrased skin.
Consuming apple cider vinegar drink will remove toxins from inside out and relieve body odor.
- Put 1 tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar and a small amount of honey in a glass of tepid water
- After stirring well, have this solution twice or thrice per day before meals
Remember to use a raw when drinking apple cider vinegar as it may erode the tooth enamel due to its acidic nature.
Method 4: Apple cider vinegar and baking soda
Both baking soda and apple cider vinegar can help with flushing out toxins from your body and prevent excessive sweating.
- Put ½ teaspoon of baking soda, a pinch of borax, and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a liter of plain water
- After stirring well, sip it slowly during the day
- Repeat this routine for 3-5 days
- Take a 2-3 day break and do it again to get best results
Method 5: Apple cider vinegar and essential oils
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 10 drops of witch hazel oil
- Put this mixture in a cup of water
- Soak a clean cotton ball into the mixture
- Dab it over your armpits
- Leave it there for 5 minutes before washing it off with water
- Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 5-7 drops of rosemary oil
- Put this mixture in a cup of water
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle
- Use it as a deodorant after having a bath
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 4-5 drops of tea tree oil
- Put this combination in a cup of water
- Pour them in a spray bottle
- After shaking well, spray it whenever your armpit stinks
18. Rose Water
Rose water is an astringent so it helps to decrease the size of skim pores and also reduce sweat production . More interesting, using it will leave behind a floral fragrance.
- Mix rose water with apple cider vinegar as the ratio of 3:1
- Put this mixture in a spray bottle
- Spray it underarms and other sweat-prone areas
- Apply this method every day for best results
19. Neem Leaves
Neem has antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help to eradicate odor-causing bacteria . Furthermore, it can eliminate toxins out of your body, eliminating culprits causing body odor.
- Take a handful of neem leaves to grind into a good paste
- Apply this paste over your sweat-prone body areas
- Or, you can also boil neem leaves in water and use the strained water as bath water
- Repeat this method every day for good results
Arrowroot has anti-inflammatory properties which are beneficial for treating rashes in babies . It assists in keeping skin dry, thereby removing bacteria formation.
What you need to do is:
- Apply arrowroot powder right directly to your armpits and other sweat-prone areas
- Wait for a few hours before rinsing it off
- Use this method on a daily basis for good results
21. Tea Tree Oil
Also known as melaleuca, tea tree is famous for its antiseptic properties and the ability to deal with wounds. Tea tree oil has been documented in various medical studies regarding the ability of killing a lot of strains of fungi, bacteria and viruses .
The uses of tea tree oil are various. Traditional uses of tea tree include healing bacterial infections, cold sores, acne, earaches, chickenpox, fungal infections, head lice, psoriasis, staph infections, MRSA, bad breath, etc.
Some other uses of tea tree oil which can even replace products bought from stores are insect repellant, foot odor removal, household cleaner, mold removal, household cleaner. Among great uses of tea tree oil, eliminating body odor is renowned. This essential oil has antimicrobial properties that damage bacteria causing body odor.
Make your homemade tea tree oil deodorant by combining it with water. What you need to do is:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of water
- Dab this mixture on your underarms as well as other areas
- Do this method every day to get the best results
Alternatively, you could also follow this recipe for a more complicated but effective remedy for body odor:
- In a glass jar, mix ¼ cup each of baking soda and arrowroot powder or cornstarch together
- Put 20 drops of tea tree oil into and some fractioned coconut oil as essential
- Stir them well
- Rub this mixture over your forearm for any potential reaction
- If there is not any reaction, dip your fingers in and apply the mixture over your armpits or feet if necessary
22. Lavender Oil
Lavender essential oil is famous for its sweet smell and the ability of inhibiting the development of skin bacteria. This leaves fewer bacteria to interact with sweat, minimizing the unpleasant body odor. You can either use lavender oil to reap its benefits as one of home remedies for body odor removal.
Method 1: Lavender oil and water
Add 5-6 drops of lavender essential oil to your bathing water. Then enjoy its benefits. Or, you can also mix 5 drops of this oil with 2 cups of distilled water. Then use a soft cloth or clean cotton swab to dab this mixture over your armpits and rub gently.
Method 2: Lavender oil, cornstarch and baking soda
- Put 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, 2 teaspoon of baking soda and 10 drops of lavender oil into a glass jar
- Mix them well to have a good powder
- Close the jar and put it in a dark place for several days
- Dip a makeup brush into this jar, dust the powder over your armpits and other sweaty-prone areas
Baking soda and cornstarch will help keep your skin dry by inhibiting bacteria growth whereas lavender can kill odor-causing bacteria, thereby making your skin smell good.
23. Thyme Oil
This may be one of lesser-known home remedies for body odor. Thyme oil has antispasmodic, antibacterial, antirheumatic, hypertensive, expectorant, and calming properties, so it has a long list of uses. According to a study presented at the Society for General Micobiology’s spring conference in Edinburgh, it was pointed out that thyme oil and other essential oils might be affordable and efficient alternatives to those expensive antibiotics in regard to battling against resistant bacteria. It is thanks to the chemical constituent carvacrol.
Thyme oil is used for removing bad breath and body odor as well. This essential oil possesses a cooling effect and has a sweet but strong herbal scent to help fight off body odors. Also, thyme oil can assist in inhibiting bacteria growth both inside and outside your body.
Generally, thyme oil should not be used right directly on the human skin, because it may result in sensitization. It has to be diluted with a carrier oil like almond oil or olive oil. Prior to using, test it on a small skin area to see any potential allergy.
Besides, this oil should also not be taken orally because it might cause dizziness, vomiting and nausea, diarrhea and muscle issues. Even, it negatively impacts your lungs, heart, and body temperature. It stimulates thyroid glands, which explains why essential oil is not recommended for those people having hyperthyroidism.
As thyme oil could be used to boost circulation, it had better be avoided by those with high blood pressure. Pregnant women had better avoid thyme oil as it could stimulate menstrual flow. Keep this oil away from infants as well as young children as they are sensitive.
24. Witch Hazel
For those who have sensitive skin, witch hazel is an ideal option. Witch hazel, in essence, is a clear liquid distillate originated from steaming twigs of Witch hazel shrub. It contains a lot of beneficial natural ingredients, such as flavonoids, tannins, saponins, gallic acid, bitters and choline. Furthermore, it is a great astringent and has antibacterial properties, thereby helping to eliminate excess oil and moisture .
Basically, body odor easily happens because of the growth of bacteria in such areas as groin area, underarms, etc. These areas are sweaty because of more active apocrine sweat glands are available here. When the bacteria feed on sweat, they will produce bad smell. Bacterial require high level of pH to be able to survive. Witch hazel can lower pH level of skin. You can apply witch hazel on skin by following the recipe here:
- Soak a clean cotton ball in witch hazel
- Dab it over your affected area
In case you love a scented odor treatment, do this method:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of vodka, 8 drops of cypress essential oil, 4 drops of neroli essential oil, 6 drops of lavender oil
- Shake well
- Add ½ cup of witch hazel and ¼ cup of rose water into
- Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and use every day
It is not necessary to discard using your normal deodorant, you could totally use witch hazel prior to deodorant. Just leave witch hazel dry completely before using your deodorant. Indeed, witch hazel is considered an economical alternative to aluminum-based deodorants which might irritate the sensitive underarm skin and let chemicals as well as metals to be absorbed into your body.
25. Try Some Relaxation Methods
This remedy is one of little – known home remedies for body odor removal. Sometimes, the body secretes a lot of sweat when you are stressed. When you are stressed, your body produces many hormones called epinephrine (adrenaline). This hormone is responsible for stimulating the sweat glands to work more. That's why when stressed, even sitting in the air-conditioned room, you still have lots of sweat. On the other hand, stress also causes your sweat glands – named apocrine glands – to produce a kind of sweat which is higher in fat molecules and protein and lower in water than other kinds of sweat. Unfortunately, bacteria thrive on such kind of sweat, meaning after having stress, you smell bad. Therefore, you had better find some ways to reduce your stress.
You can try yoga or meditate for at least 30 minutes to relax before going to sleep. You can also relax by avoiding stressful situations. For example, if you always rush in the morning because you are late for work or school, wake up earlier than 15 minutes to make life easier.
26. Wash Your Clothes Regularly
Among home remedies for body odor relief, washing your clothes regularly is one of the most effective. If you wear a T-shirt continuously for 3 days then surely your body will have an unpleasant odor. So, you should wash your clothes after wearing and avoid wearing them again, no matter how comfortable these clothes are.
Also, pay attention to the clothes you wear when practicing. Clothes that are dirty and wet during workouts are the breeding grounds of bacteria. Therefore, you should wash your clothes every day after workout. Do not think that you just stay indoors so you do not need to change and wash your clothes regularly. In fact, your body still sweats even when you do not exercise. Even then, the amount of sweat your body produces is not much, it can still cause your body to smell bad.
27. Drink A Lot Of Water
The next treatment in this list of home remedies for body odor is drinking a lot of water. Water is a great solvent to help remove toxins from the body. In addition, water is the best neutralizer that helps prevent bacteria from forming in the intestines. Drink about 8-10 cups of water a day to keep your skin healthy, soft and odorless.
28. Limit Some Foods
This is the last one in this list of home remedies for body odor. In addition to increasing the consumption of these foods above, you also need to limit certain foods. The foods you consume impact your body odor level as they are broken down into some compounds circulating in bloodstream. As a result, they slowly make their way to skin pores where they come out via sweat, urine and breath. Despite processed foods such as commercially dairy, fried foods, refined sugar could usually contribute to your body odor, sometimes even healthy foods also cause such condition if improperly digested.
- Foods containing garlic and onion.
- Foods high in sulfur such as black pepper, walnuts, fish, and poultry.
- Foods like red meat, wine and fast food.
- Coffee and drinks containing caffeine.
Also, you may notice that these foods make you bloated, gassy, and uncomfortable, then you may want to experiment with reducing their intake to improve body odor and digestion as well.
Home Remedies For Body Odor – Preventative Measures
- Watch what you eat: The oils and extracts of protein from certain foods as well as spices remain in the perspiration of your body, thereby causing body odor. Cumin, fish, garlic and curry are examples of such foods.
- Eat lots of chard, spinach and kale: leafy green veggies are high in chlorophyll, which possesses deodorizing effect.
- Take chlorophyll tablets: they are made from the plants like barley grass, kelp, and blue-green algae. But, have consultation from your doctor.
- Wear fast-drying, sweat-wicking fabrics. You want to wear something that minimizes the sweat in the first place or that wicks it away from your own body.
- Choose cotton as your best bet. Lightweight cotton is breathable and lets some airflow dry out dampness. However, there are also other fabric options, including bamboo which is high-quality, breathable, ultrasoft, and absorbent. It has much more resistance to mold, odor, bacteria and mildew.
- Trim excess body hair: removing body hair could help in minimizing perspiration, particularly in the groin and armpit. Such areas could remain moist all day long, because your hair creates a poorly ventilated, dark nesting ground. Also, wear looser clothing to help decrease trapped sweat.
These are home remedies for body odor that we want to mention in this article. They are all very safe and effective. Their effects have been tested by many people. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 39 Natural Home Remedies For Body Odor Removal” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.