The human body regulates temperature via an internal mechanism, often at 36.9 0C in normal state. As regular, this temperature maintains constant within acceptable fluctuating limits no matter how weather conditions change. The condition of body heat is described as a rise in temperature because of various reasons when the human body cannot cool down itself. When the body cannot keep cool its temperature and temperature keeps rising, resulting in body heat. In fact, extreme temperatures, both low and high, could lead to severe damage to the internal body organs impacting their functioning.
Prior to learning home remedies to reduce body heat in babies and adults, you need to know what causes it and what common symptoms are. Take a look from TrueRemedies!
What Are The Causes Of Body Heat?
Increase in body heat could be an alarming sign. It could be a symptom of viral or bacterial infection as well as medical conditions such as seizure, neurological and thyroid production disorders. Also, excessive exposure to the sun rays or dehydration are other common causes of body heat in summer. Caffeine, excessive alcohol, spicy foods, and neuro-stimulatory drugs such as cocaine are some factors which cause an increase in the internal body heat. If you wear tight clothes or experience extensive workout without appropriate hydration could make your body temperature to increase.
What If Body Heat Not Treated And Who is At Risk?
If not treated, body heat could cause heat stroke and hot flashes. Also, it damages the body organs and results in dizziness, muscle cramps, fatigue, nose bleeds and nausea. Those people having medical conditions like hypertension and thyroid must be cautious prior to going out in hot summer days or consuming foods which might create the body heat. Small children, older people, pregnant women and lactating moms, physically unfit people, infants seem to be at higher risk of heat body and must be careful.
To know how to control body heat naturally, try some of these home remedies for body heat in babies and adults mentioned below. These are safe and effective ways that use natural ingredients which could be found in grocery stores or even our kitchen!
26 Effective Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat In Babies And Adults
Body heat in general could cause a large amount of irritability and discomfort to sufferers. Knowing how to reduce the body heat is an effective way to achieve a piece of mind as well as comfort. Home remedies to reduce body heat often include consumption of some foods and taking a large amount of fluids on a regular basis. This article will reveal to you top best home remedies to reduce body heat which just use natural, easy-to-find ingredients around your house.
1. Cool Water
This might be the simplest treatment to reduce body heat you can make use of right instantly. Of course, cool water can reduce body heat and help the human body recover rapidly from side effects of high temperature.
- Right after you notice a rise in your body temperature, you should drink a glass of the cool water. Every 15 minutes, sip cool water for reducing body heat. This will also prevent dehydration, which may worsen your condition.
- Alternatively, you could also add some ice cubes to the foot tub which is filled with cool water. Then, immerse your feet in that bucket of cool water for 15 minutes or so.
- Enjoy a cool bath to lower your body heat.
2. Coconut Water
This is another efficient treatment for heat exhaustion and body heat as well. Coconut water has electrolyte composition which is great for the body rehydration. Moreover, it is jam packed with a lot of nutrients which can lift your energy.
Just simply drink a glass of the coconut water several times per day to take its advantage.
Having cooling and soothing properties, sandalwood can naturally decrease body heat without causing side effects. Take the steps below:
- Add 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder into a little bit cold milk or cool water to get a good paste
- Then add several drops of rose water before applying the paste over your chest and forehead.
- Let it dry naturally before washing it off with tepid water.
- Apply a little sandalwood oil on the forehead , then leave it there for a couple of hours. Or, if you haven’t ever used sandalwood oil before, you can mix several drops of coconut oil with it, and apply over your skin to avoid skin irritation.
- Sprinkle the sandalwood powder over your armpits, back and chest after having a bath to help maintain a cool body temperature.
Lemon contains vitamin C along with other antioxidants which can help the human body stay hydrated during hot summer days. The high content of vitamin C can lower your body temperature and oxygenates your body to keep you feel refreshed and energized during hot summers. What you need to do is:
- Take half of a lemon to squeeze the juice into a glass of plain water
- Add a little salt and 1 teaspoon of raw organic honey to it.
- Drink the solution 3 times per day for the best results.
5. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Peppermint
Similar to sandalwood, peppermint also has soothing and cooling effects, that is why it is one of effective home remedies to reduce body heat. Try one of the following methods:
- Simmer a proper amount of peppermint leaves in a pot containing boiling water for about 15 minutes.
- Then, strain out those leaves and let the water to reduce its temperature.
- Add the prepared water to your bathtub having cool water, then soak in there for no less than 20 minutes. Or, you could add peppermint oil to your cool bath water in order to get the same effects.
- Take a teaspoon of either fresh or dried peppermint leaves to add in one cup of hot water
- After straining, add some raw honey into. Let the mixture cool in the fridge and take it several times per day.
Not mention to alleviating body heat symptoms, this method also helps in relieving headache and nausea.
One of little known home remedies to reduce body heat in babies and adults is cardamom, which has been used for thousands of years until now. Many Indian food menus has cardamom, helping reduce body temperature and decreasing the internal heat.
This fruit is plentiful of potassium, water, and vitamin B. Not only does it hydrate your body, but also maintains the ideal electrolyte balance therefore decreasing body heat or hot flashes. Indeed, peach is a healthy and nutritive way to lower the human body temperature and effectively taking control of body heat.
Watermelon can be a good solution for those with body heat because of its high water content. Also being a detoxifier, this fruit can assist you in removing harmful toxins within the human body that contribute to body heat. Thus, you had better consume watermelon regularly, particularly during summer days, to keep yourself hydrated.
- Consume several watermelon slices, or mix it with cold milk along with sugar to create a refreshing beverage.
- Or, you can mix some cubes of watermelon, muskmelon and cucumber. After that, drizzle some olive oil plus with balsamic vinegar over that mixture to get a healthy salad.
9. Aloe Vera
Another popular but effective home treatment for body heat is aloe vera. Being a versatile plant, aloe vera with its cooling and soothing effects can maintain the normal body temperature.
- Extract the gel of a fresh aloe vera leave and rub it over your body. Wait for 20 minutes before taking a cool bath.
- Repeat this routine a few times per day
- Make a homemade aloe vera juice by mixing 2 tablespoons of the gel of aloe vera with water. But, avoid consuming over 2 tablespoons of this gel daily.
10. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Indian Gooseberry
Also called as amla, Indian gooseberry is a rich source of vitamin C which can help in reducing body heat.
- Mix amla juice with water with the ratio of 1:4. Then, add sugar or salt (depending on your favorite) to boost the taste.
- Drink the solution twice per day during hot summer day to prevent the heat stress
- Mix amla juice, raw honey and lemon juice together with the ratio of 2:1:1.
- Drink the mixture every day in the morning before eating a breakfast.
Buttermilk is a helpful treatment for body heat. It is also good for women suffering from hot flashes and men having high metabolism. Furthermore, being a probiotic, buttermilk can provide the human body with required vitamins and minerals which are lost during workouts or excessive sweating. What you need to do is:
- Every morning, drink a glass of buttermilk with your daily breakfast to keep your body cool during the day.
- Or, you could mix ½ cup of thick yogurt, some water plus with a little bit salt. Then, enjoy this buttermilk twice per day.
12. Poppy Seeds
Also known as opium, poppy seeds with their cooling effect can regulate the body temperature naturally. In turn, this helps decrease body heat.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of crushed poppy seeds with a small amount of sugar
- Consume this mixture daily during hot summer days to relieve body heat symptoms
- Alternatively, you could also eat a small handful of poppy seeds prior to going to bed.
Warning: Avoid taking poppy seeds in large amount. This type of seeds are not suitable for children.
This plant has great cooling effects which can soothe the human body and reduce body heat effectively. Follow the methods below to take advantage of mint:
- Have a cool bath of peppermint by adding a little bit essential oil to the cool water. This is proven to lessen body heat.
- Or, you can drink a cool mint tea for 3-4 times per day when you feel an increase in body temperature to lower it effectively. After a hard working day, you could make use of mint oil to soothe your head and reduce body heat. This is a good solution for both men and women.
14. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Honeydew Melon
Another fruit good for body heat reduction is honeydew melon. During summer days, add honeydew melon into your daily diet to take its advantage.
Another summer food for body heat relief is cucumber which is high in water. Therefore, it provides cooling effect to the human body. You can have cucumber daily to reduce body heat in a natural way.
Radishes are sometimes sadly underrated. In reality, with the beautiful reddish-purple outer skin and white, tasty, and crispy interior, radish does not get enough credit. Thanks to high water content and a good source of vitamin C with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, radish is highly effective in treating heat stress. Also, radish is high in potassium, which could help in lowering the risk of strokes and kidney stones. Also, the minerals inside like sulphur, iodine, and iron make it a great choice for those people having heat exhaustion.
What you need to do is to thinly slice and toss radish into leafy green or cold pasta salads. Have it and see how your body temperature is reduced naturally.
17. Fenugreek Seeds
Not only have been fenugreek seed used by our grandparents to lower high blood pressure in a natural way, but it also is a wonderful treatment of the unbearable heat. Indeed, fenugreek seeds are easy-to-find, easy home treatment for body heat relief. Take a spoon of this seed and consume it in the raw form to relieve the symptoms of heat stress.
18. Milk And Honey
Those people who are looking for the ideal food and drinks that can control body heat can consider a combination of honey and cold milk. There is a special way to prepare this treatment. What you have to do is:
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey in the cold milk
- Drink it a few times per day for effective and fast results.
19. Home Remedies To Reduce Body Heat – Butter And Milk
One of must-try home remedies to reduce body heat is a butter and milk combination. This mixture will control your body temperature and give a relief from heat stress.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of butter to a glass of milk
- Drink the solution daily
Note: This remedy is not for those with high cholesterol.
Drinking a glass of the apricot juice with honey added will help in cooling down your body temperature and quench your thirst as well. As apricots are solid, so you need to extract theirs juice. Once you extracted the juice of apricots, you can drink it to treat heat stress.
This is another easy-to-find option among home remedies to reduce body heat introduced in this list. Drink the solution between sesame seed powder and water to help you stay cool.
22. Sugarcane Juice
This is a favorite treatment for people with body heat. Having a large content of sugar, sugarcane juice can increase the energy level within the human body. Moreover, it also has cooling effects on the body. To make use of sugarcane juice for body heat, you just need to drink 1 cup of sugarcane juice daily to help stable the body temperature during hot summer days.
Bananas are wonderful fruit which is jam packed with cooling qualities and nutritional value. The presence of potassium in this fruit makes it a great solution of cooling for the body. Also, it helps digest spicy and heavy foods more quickly. After meals, have bananas as abandon to help digest the food and reduce body heat naturally.
24. Fennel Seeds
You can soak fennel seeds in plain water overnight, and the next morning, strain it up. Drink the water from the soaked seeds to lower the heat stress naturally. This seed is often used in most of the Indian Culinary to bring a great flavor for the dishes. The seed is considered one of the best home remedies to reduce body heat naturally.
25. Oil Bath With Ginger Oil
This seems irrelevant when it comes to home remedies to reduce body heat, but it does work. Taking oil bath is reckoned one of the best methods for body heat reduction. Just simply take required amount of oil, particularly ginger oil, preheat and apply it over your whole body from head to toe. Wait for 1 hour to allow your body to absorb the oil effective. After that, take bath with the mild warm water.
26. Cold Coffee
Apart from cool water, or cool milk, there are many other drinks that could keep you cool in the hot summer day. For instance, coffee in the cold form could be a wonderful method to keep you cool. The cold coffee plus with ice could help you in retaining the normal body temperature on hot summer days. You could use the shaker to make this great beverage.
Extra Tips To Reduce Body Heat
We all know that the normal body temperature is about 36 degree Celsius, with a slight fluctuation which is acceptable. The internal temperature is maintain irrespective of the external environment and is relevant to the normal functions of the human body. If the internal temperature of a person reduces so low and increases too high because of some factors, it might result in the damage of internal organs, thereby causing poor health. The condition of excessive body heat can impact anyone, from men to women, the young to the old.
It could also lead to higher body temperature during sleep and result in a couple of worrying and unpleasant symptoms.
This condition also happens in pregnant women. When you suffer from a raised body heat, you could experience some symptoms like lethargy, weakness, muscle cramps, dizziness, excessive sweating and rapid heartbeats. Dehydration could be considered a cause of sometimes an outcome of the increased body heat. Thus, it is recommended to drink water in such cases. If you are in the sun for long periods, then you need to move to the places having cool air and shades, such as an air-conditioned room. In addition to the mentioned- above home remedies to reduce body heat, other tips you can apply are:
- Avoid exposure to the excessive heat or extreme humidity if possible
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting, clothes to help you stay cool
- Avoid wearing too many clothes that could prevent your sweat from evaporating effectively.
- Sleep in a well-ventilated, cool area
- Avoid drinking alcoholic / caffeinated drinks because they impact the ability of your body to regulate temperature.
- Drink plenty of water during the day to replenish the fluids that are lost via sweating.
- Avoid sitting in a car which is parked in the sun
- Schedule physical activities or exercises to help cool down the body. Regularly exercise can even help in preventing the heat exhaustion in a long term because it helps the body adjust in hot conditions.
- Prior to going out in the hot sun, do not forget applying sunscreen generously over your body to protect your skin as well as body from the sun.
- Avoid eating spicy and hot foods, fried and fatty foods
- Avoid consuming nuts everyday because they might increase the body heat. Have them just twice or thrice per week.
All the above home remedies to reduce body heat are natural and easy-to-find. Most of the ingredients used are part of your weekly shopping to the grocery stores. By applying any of these home remedies, you might keep yourself as well as your family safe from heat stress. However, if your case of body heat is severe and you used some of these methods for a long time without effectiveness, it is better to take consultation from your doctors. Take care and stay safe!
If you have any comment about this topic of home remedies to reduce body heat, do not hesitate to drop your words in the box below. We will feedback as soon as possible.