Dizziness is a phenomenon that people can’t stand steadily, feel aching, weak, and woozy. This is a widespread disease in the whole world. Although it is not as dangerous as other mental diseases, it is essential that you take steps to reduce its symptoms as soon as possible. Today’s article on True Remedies will introduce the top 48 most effective home remedies for dizziness, fatigue, and vertigo that you can easily follow at home. However, let’s have a look at its symptoms and causes first.
What Are Symptoms Of Dizziness?
When you feel these following symptoms, it means that you have dizziness and vertigo:
- You feel all things spin when you are standing
- Nausea or vomit something up
- You feel whirling, tilting, and headache
What Are The Causes Of Dizziness?
- Low Blood Sugar:
It is known as hypoglycemia in the medical term. It leads to sweaty, clammy, and extremely uncomfortable. That is the reason why when your blood sugar suddenly drops, you feel dizzy.
- Meniere’s Disease:
This is the disease you suffer from when a large amount of fluid buildup inside your ears. The feature of Meniere’s disease is chronic or sudden vertigo. Besides, you may also endure hearing loss and plugged ear.
- Anxiety Disorder:
When you feel anxious of leaving home, being in a large and overcrowding place, it will lead to dizziness.
Some kinds of medicines have dizziness as a side-effect such as antidepressants, tranquilizers, and anti-seizure drugs, medicine for lowering blood pressure, etc.
- Stroke Or Mini-stroke:
- Overheating Or Dehydrating:
If you stay in an overheated house in winter, newly finish your exercises, lack of food or drink intake, you may feel dizzy.
BPPV stands for Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. This is the phenomenon in which you feel all things are turning around when you newly wake up. This type of dizziness is popular in the elderly, according to the Vestibular Disorder Association.
- Low Blood Pressure:
When your blood pressure is too low because of heart problems, hunger, blood loss, you may have dizziness.
- Neurological Conditions:
Some diseases may lead to loss of balance and trigger vertigo such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
When To See The Doctor?
You should make an appointment with your doctor when you have these signs below:
- You have severe headache
- Your heart rate is irregular
- Your chest is pain
- You vomit continuously
- You lose consciousness
- Your face, legs, and arms are weak
- Your body’s temperature is high
- You feel the seizure
- You have some sudden changes in vision, hearing, and speech
After knowing these knowledges about dizziness and fatigue, it’s time to find out ways to tackle nuisances caused by them. Follow these simple solutions!
Top 48 Effective Home Remedies For Dizziness, Fatigue & Vertigo
When it comes to effective remedies for dizziness, water seems to be the simplest one. All you need to do in this method is increasing the amount of water intake to your body every day. It will help you stay away from dizziness, vertigo, and fatigue because of dehydration.
Yogurt may boost the immune system , that’s why researchers provided that it is good at treating dizziness and fatigue, vertigo, and nausea. When you feel dizzy, you should eat a bowl full of yogurt to say goodbye its symptoms. You can add some slices of fruit to get more efficiency.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Digestive encouragement, blood pressure stability, and poor blood circulation adjustment abilities of apple cider vinegar make it one of the most effective ingredients for lightheadedness treatment. What you should do is shown below:
- Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 teaspoons of honey
- Add water to the mixture above and stir well
- Drink this liquid twice a day
Using ginger is a time-tested remedy to cope with dizziness thanks to the ability to boost blood flow to the brain and other body parts. Ginger may also warm up your body and help you overcome a vertigo quickly. There are 3 methods to treat dizziness, fatigue, and vertigo by using ginger:
- Chew some slices of fresh raw ginger
Method 2: Ginger ale
- Peel and chop 1 ½ cups of ginger
- Cook chopped ginger in a pot with partial cover in low fire for 45 minutes
- Take it away from heat and let it steep for 20 minutes
- Press ginger pieces to take the juice and remove them from the water
- Add a pinch of salt, ¾ cup of sugar, and put the mixture on the medium heats
- Stir well until all sugar is dissolved
- Chill syrup in a jar with cover until cold and enjoy
- Drink a cup of ginger tea every day
5. Peppermint Oil
A 2003 study claimed that the mentholated and fresh scent of peppermint oil might help with nausea, vomiting, headache, and fatigue. There are 2 methods you can apply to reduce vertigo and dizziness by using peppermint oil:
- Inhale peppermint oil whenever you have vertigo
- Massage 2 drops of peppermint oil in the bottom of your feet and behind your neck
- Add some drops of peppermint oil to the water bath and soak your body in to relax.
6. Gingko Biloba
Ginkgo Biloba may encourage blood supply to the brain. 44 patients with dizziness and vertigo symptoms were chosen to be treated randomly with 80 mg of Ginkgo Biloba and 16 mg of betahistine dihydrochloride twice per day. After 3 months, patients treated with Ginkgo Biloba showed significant improvement in oculomotor and visuo vestibular function. That’s why it is considered as a powerful solution among home remedies for dizziness and fatigue. Dizziness will be prevented when you take 160 mg of Ginkgo Biloba extract per day, divided into twice.
The natural sugar in honey may energize your body, boost the immune system, and prevent woozing symptoms. Two home remedies below are appropriate for people suffering from dizziness and fatigue, nausea, and vertigo:
Method 1: Honey and cinnamon
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Drink this mixture once per day in the morning for a few weeks
Method 2: Honey and lemon
- Mix these ingredients well, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 1 glass of warm water
- Drink this mixture to get the best efficiency in relieving dizziness
Method 3: Raw honey
- Let raw honey melt in your mouth to make dizziness stay away from you fast.
Feverfew is home to a chemical called parthenolide, which has the ability to decrease factors causing migraine headaches. It may also regulate blood flow to the brain and stabilize blood pressure. Thus, it may be used to treat dizziness. To make feverfew become an effective home remedy for dizziness and nausea, vertigo, and fatigue, you should apply these methods below:
- Chew some fresh feverfew leaves to relieve dizziness fast
- Make a mixture of 1 teaspoon of feverfew leaves, 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves, and a cup of hot water
- Let it steep for 15-20 minutes
- Strain the mixture and drink it a few times a day
- Repeat the process above in some weeks
- Take feverfew capsules. Make sure that you take it according to the doctor’s advice.
- Pregnant women mustn’t use feverfew in order not to face a miscarriage.
- If you are allergic to ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds, daisies, you have a higher ability to be allergic to feverfew.
- Don’t use feverfew if you are a blood disorder
Basil leaves may be used as an excellent solution for dizziness and vertigo. Basil essential oil may help increase blood flow to every body part. When more oxygen reaches the human brain, dizziness’ symptoms begin fading. Stress, depression, and mental fatigue may also be reduced by using basil.
- Boil some fresh basil leaves in milk
- Let the milk cool
- Drink this milk before going to sleep
- Eat a mixture of 20 crushed basil leaves with an enough amount of honey to remove vertigo
- Chew 2 basil leaves every day when you are eating nothing before.
- Boil 2 basil leaves in one cup of water and drink it slowly
- Take ginger root juice and basil juice
- Mix them well and add honey to it
- Drink this liquid each day to say goodbye dizziness and vertigo
Garlic is packed with antioxidant and antibacterial properties, which may help clear up infection. Therefore, if your dizziness comes from inner ear problems, you can pick one of these following home remedies:
- Boiling 2-3 cloves of garlic in fresh water in 5-10 minutes
- Drink this mixture to come over frustration caused by dizziness
- Put a pod of garlic under your tongue to alleviate dizziness symptoms.
Method 3: Garlic and sesame oil
- Mix 2 cloves of ground garlic with 2 teaspoons of sesame oil in a saucepan
- Cook the mixture until it turns into brown
- Strain the liquid and let it cool down
- Put 2-3 drops of this oil to one ear and let it be in 1 minute
- Repeat this process in the other ear
- Apply this remedy once per day
Amla is said to be the antioxidant king and may help with many human diseases, including dizziness. The large amount of vitamin A and vitamin C on amla may help strengthen the immune system and increase blood flow through the whole body. You can choose one of the two methods below to simply treat dizziness with amla
- Soak 1 tablespoon each of amla powder and coriander powder in a cup of water overnight
- Take the liquid in the next morning and drink it
- You can add a little bit of sugar candy to make it tasty
- Drink this water for 4 to 5 days to utilize its efficiency
- Boil fresh amla in 8 ounces of water in a few minutes
- Blend in a mixer and discard amla
- Drink one glass of this solution per day
- Take 1 teaspoon of amla powder every morning in some weeks.
- Don’t use amla if you are a diabetic patient.
- Amla is not an appropriate home remedy for dizziness caused by hypoglycemia.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t use amla at all. Otherwise, you will be dehydrated and have an upset stomach.
12. Black Cohosh
This herb for vertigo is also known as snakeroot or rattle weed. It helps decrease high blood pressure and improve hormonal withdrawal condition, which are famous culprits of vertigo. Do one of the following methods:
- Take black cohosh capsules according to the instructions of doctors
Method 2: Black cohosh tea
- Boil 1 teaspoon of black cohosh root in 1 cup of water in 20 – 30 minutes
- Add sugar or honey to taste
- Drink 2 to 3 cups per day
- Don’t use this herb if you are pregnant or breastfeeding to avoid contraction.
- Breast cancer patients are contraindicated with black cohosh
- If you have liver damage, don’t use black cohosh. Otherwise, your disease will be worse.
13. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is also considered as one of the best home remedies for dizziness thanks to the rich content of active compound and capsaicin whose ability is to boost blood circulation in the inner ears and brain. The appropriate dose of cayenne pepper for dizzy patients is from 90 to 360 mg per day, divided into 3 times.
Cardamom was proved to be useful for alleviating headache and lowering high blood pressure – two popular symptoms of vertigo. Superb alleviating property of cardamom helps it work perfectly for dizziness relief. You should do the following steps:
- Heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Add 1 teaspoon each of cardamom powder and cinnamon powder to it
- Use this mixture to massage your body and leave it for 2 minutes
- Repeat the process above fortnight to get its efficiency
Lemon contains a lot of vitamin C, which helps your body be energized and well hydrated. Vitamin C intake also boosts the immune system and helps your body fight against dizziness risk factors. When you feel dizzy, lemon juice will help you reduce symptoms such as nausea and vomiting. To get lemon’s efficiency in treating dizziness and vertigo, you can choose one of the following methods:
Method 1: Lemon juice
- Extract lemon juice by squeezing half a lemon
- Add it to a glass of water
- Add 2 teaspoons of sugar and stir well
- Consume the lemon water you have prepared
- Drink the solution made from lemon juice, ground pepper, salt, sugar, and a cup of lukewarm water every morning to refresh yourself.
- Divide the lemon into 2 equal halves and inhale them whenever you are in nausea
16. Take Enough Rest
Lack of sleep is one of the common reasons for vertigo and dizziness. Thus, to stop this condition, you had better go to bed and get up at a certain time every day. Besides, the most suitable duration of sleeping for every adult is from 7 to 9 hours each day. Teenagers and children should sleep more than 9 hours per day to be healthy.
17. Lemon Balm
Many mental problems may be treated effectively by using lemon balm. According to studies, lemon balm has positive mood effects, which make it powerful in reducing stress and anxiety and improving cognitive functions. Thereby, it helps you minimize the risks of getting dizziness from inside. Moreover, lemon balm is reported to be able to treat gastrointestinal problems  such as nausea and vomiting when a dizziness happens. The following steps can help lemon balm become an effective home remedy for vertigo and dizziness:
- Combine 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon balm leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried lemon balm with water
- Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes
- Add a little bit of sugar or honey, mint, lemongrass, lemon juice to taste
- Drink this tea 3 or 4 times a day to get the best result
18. Butcher’s Broom
Butcher’s broom is rich in Neo Ruscogenin and Ruscogenin, which may assist blood flow to the brain and heart. It also helps constrict veins, so it may prevent a sudden drop in blood pressure – a major cause of dizziness. To kick this condition completely by using butcher’s broom, do the following instructions:
- Take from 6-12 drops of butcher’s broom extract and consume directly or mix it with water and then drink
- Do it 3 times a day
Don’t use butcher’s broom when you are using medicines for high blood pressure, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) or MAO.
19. Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil is well-known for calming overload nerves and balancing the vestibular system . To make use of it for dizziness and vertigo, add some drops of frankincense oil to the base of your neck, the temples and on your chest.
20. Rosemary Oil
Rosemary oil is considered a preventive measure and an acute treatment for vertigo as it may soothe cognitive discomfort and anxiety and remove the stressful feeling thanks to the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. It may even reduce migraine headache and improve blood circulation. To alleviate vertigo effectively with rosemary oil, you need to do the following steps:
- Add 3-4 drops of rosemary oil to a warm pot water
- Cover the pot with a towel
- Inhale and exhale deeply
21. Cypress Oil
Cypress oil may boost the blood circulation, thereby improving your cognitive functions. It helps elevate your alertness and make dizziness difficult to occur. There are 3 methods you can apply to make dizziness stay away from you:
- Fulfill a room diffuser with cypress oil
- Add a few drops of cypress oil to lukewarm water
- Cover the container with a towel
- Inhale and exhale deeply
- Rub your chests with the mixture of water and cypress oil
22. Clary Sage Oil
If the reason for vertigo in you is nervous system malfunction, using clary sage oil will be a wonderful remedy. This oil may help to calm the nervous system and promote cognitive functions; thereby, it helps eliminate dizzy and off-balance condition. Do the instructions below to get its efficiency:
- Give your room diffuser 5-6 drops of clary sage oil
- Rub the solution made of clary sage oil and water to your chest when you have dizziness
23. Yoga – Child’s Pose
Child’s pose is said to be a relaxing pose, which helps to calm your mind at the onset of a dizziness. If you practise this pose regularly, your nervous system will be strengthened, making vertigo difficult to happen. To get the effectiveness of this pose for dizziness, do the following steps:
- Kneel and then widen your knee
- Put a pillow or 2-3 folded blankets between your knees
- Let your torso fold over the top of the bolster
- Keep your neck be comfortable and in a neutral position
If these steps make your knees hurt, you can do the process below alternatively:
- Kneel on the blanket or pillow
- Put a folded blanket between your thighs and your calves
- Keep this pose in 5 minutes
24. Yoga – Legs Up The Wall Pose
Mind-calming effect and headache relieving ability make this asana an effective home remedy for vertigo and dizziness. You need to do the following steps to have right legs up the wall pose for dizziness and vertigo:
- Sit across the wall before raising your legs up
- Lie down and stretch your arms (fold at the elbows), let your palms face upwards
- Keep in this position as long as possible
25. Yoga – Reclining bound Angle Pose
Blood flow through the whole body may be improved when you do reclining bound angle pose. Furthermore, your nerve and your mind may be calmed when you are practicing this asana. The following steps can help you eliminate vertigo and dizzy feeling:
- Let your back lie on the floor
- Fold your knee and bring your feet together
- Put your arms above your head and relax
- Stop doing this pose when you satisfy
26. Additional Tips
Drink plenty of fruit juice for staying hydrated, it may prevent you from dizziness because of dehydration
Don’t give up any meal for the whole day. Too hungry or too thirsty may trigger a dizzy feeling.
When you feel dizzy, come these kinds of food or drink:
- Snack with high carbohydrates
- Some types of nuts such as cashew, almond or walnut
Besides these tips above, you should avoid doing the things below to avoid dizziness:
- Stay away from caffeine, tobacco, alcohol, or illegal drugs. They restrict blood circulation through your body, then trigger dizziness.
- Avoid bright lights or lights come from television or laptop. Otherwise, your dizziness will be worse
- Avoid consuming too much sugar and salt
- Keep you away from some contact sports such as boxing, football, rugby and ice hockey
- Stay away from some risky activities like bungee jumping, bouncing on a trampoline, going on a roller-coaster ride
In short, the home remedies for dizziness, fatigue, and vertigo mentioned above are believed to be helpful to every patient. If you have any feedback for our article posted in Home Remedies Category, don’t hesitate to drop your words in the boxes below. We will reply as soon as possible.