You dream of having a healthy and natural nail set, but you may not know how to make your nails grow faster to fulfill that desire. Everyone’s nails grow at a fixed rate of about 1 mm per month. The process of making your nails long and healthy quickly includes many steps. Just take good care of the nails, you can make your nails as long as desired   .
Although it is not possible to speed up the nail growth in a few days, you can take steps to maximize your nail growth. Strengthening and protecting the nails can make nail care easier. The article below will help you do that. But first of all, let’s take a look at basic nail information.
What Is Nails?
Maybe you are thinking this is a rather silly question. Everyone knows what nails are. But the information we are about to provide may surprise you. One interesting thing about nails is that they are made of protein and horn. The nail grows directly from the epidermis and it is made up of layers of hard protein called keratin. Keratin is also the basic ingredient of the hair and the outer layer of the skin. The nail does not have a living cell and it grows out of a special cell group called a blood vessel matrix which locates under the lunar lumen. The semicircle is white. You can see it most clearly in the thumb. When the cell layer is damaged, the nail does not grow. Unlike bone, calcium does not affect the growth of the nail.
In addition to enhancing the beauty of your fingers, fingernails are also a weapon for you to protect your fingertips from injury. Your fingertips contain a lot of nerves, so they are extremely sensitive. Therefore, the main task of the nail is to protect your fingertips. The following are the characteristics of the nail growth:
- The nail grows to the tip of the finger rather than upright as hair. The reason is that there is a layer of skin around the nail, making the nail grow forward.
- Each day the fingernails are about 0.1 mm long, i.e. 3 to 5 mm per month. The fingernail grows faster than the toenail 2 or 3 times.
- Nails grow slowly in the elderly, grow faster in pregnant women, men and young people.
- The nail grows faster in the hand that you often use because of the blood flow to this hand more.
- In the summer, the nails grow faster than in the winter.
- Malnutrition, fever, severe depression delayed the growth of the nail.
- Nails grow faster in people suffering from thyroid disease.
What Are Common Causes Of Slow Nail Growth?
The color, shape and texture of the nails can indicate the overall health of each person. But many studies have shown that even healthy people can experience nail growth very slowly. Here are common causes of this condition:
- Diseases And Disorders In The Body
Slow nail growth may be a major symptom of anemia. Some skin disorders such as psoriasis, thyroid disease, infection in the body, circulatory problems, and liver failure can also lead to nails that break easily and grow very slowly.
- Exposure To Toxic Chemicals
Exposure to strong chemicals or cleansing agents found in soap, toilet cleansers, etc. can also cause corneal damage in the nail, making the nails soft, weak and easily broken. In this case, you may notice that the nails grow very slowly.
- Nails Often Get Wet
Regular hand washing, laundry, cooking, house cleaning make your hands wet and nails soft. At that time, nails are very easy to break.
- Lack Of Moisture
In winter, many people have a habit of using heating equipment in the home. This inadvertently reduces the humidity in the room and indirectly affects your body, specifically making your body susceptible to dehydration, from which, your nails are brittle.
- Unhealthy Diet
Slowly growing nails can also be the result of poor nutritional status due to unhealthy diet. Some factors that aggravate this condition include deficiency of protein, vitamin C, folic acid, iron, calcium and zinc.
Extreme and frequent stress is one of the causes that can lead to hormonal imbalance in the body. This can significantly affect the health of your nails because the nutrients in your body will not be fully provided to all organs.
During menopause, women face hormonal fluctuations. That is the main reason behind fracture or deformation in the nails. A woman in menopause often faces the decline of estrogen – a hormone responsible for regulating water balance in the body. Due to low estrogen, the regulation of water is disturbed, leading to weak nails.
As we get older, the nails may appear rough and yellow due to lack of moisture in the nails. As a result, nails are weakened. Then, the slow growth of nails is unavoidable.
- Bad Habit
Some individuals have habits like biting nails, not keeping personal hygiene. These can affect nails and make them weak.
What Are Common Symptoms Of This Condition?
Here are common symptoms of this condition:
- Nails grow slowly. As we said above, each day the nails are about 0.1 mm long, i.e. 3 to 5 mm per month. If your nails do not achieve this, you need to find out the cause of the problem.
- The nails are weak and easy to break. Only an accidental action can cause your nails to break or be scratched.
- Nails wrinkles. These wrinkles warn your body is missing some essential substances for the body such as zinc or blood.
- Nails have white spots. These white spots look like rice grains.
You may experience other symptoms not mentioned. If you have any questions about the signs of the disease, please consult your doctor.
Who Is At High Risk Of This Condition?
Slow-growing nail can occur in anyone; however, people with poor diet and people with certain diseases that we mentioned above are at high risk for this condition. You can control this disease by minimizing risk factors. Please see your doctor for more information.
When To See A Doctor?
Usually, slow nail growth is not life-threatening. You can improve this situation in a number of ways. However, if this condition is caused by some diseases, you need to see a doctor for direct examination and counseling. In addition, if your home treatment for a long time does not work, you should also see a doctor. Each person’s condition is different, so please consult your doctor to select the most suitable option.
Here are some basic information you need to know about nails as well as nail growth. As we mentioned above, you can stimulate your nails grow faster in a few simple tips. They are really safe and effective. It is time to find out tips on how to grow nails fast naturally in one week. Take a look at TrueRemedies.com!
Top 21 Tips On How To Grow Nails Fast Naturally In One Week
1. How To Grow Nails – Stop Biting Nails
This is the first tip on how to grow nails naturally that we want to mention in this article. Biting nails can be harmful to your health. Biting nails is the habit of many people when anxiety, it can cause skin infections in the hands and mouth. If the skin is dry or peeling around the bottom of the nail, you should trim it instead of biting.
You can reduce nail biting by applying nail polish. Besides, let’s chew gum whenever you feel bored. You can do other ways to help you do not bite the skin around the nails. You usually convince yourself that biting the skin around the nail really does not affect the nail. This is a mistake because the nail may weaken due to moisture from the saliva, so it will become more brittle.
For some people, getting rid of nail biting habits is extremely difficult. This makes them feel confused and cannot concentrate on anything. Instead of immediately giving up this habit, every week, stop biting a nail. Gradually increase the number of these nails to gradually remove this bad habit. You should consider talking to a therapist to help you deal with anxiety and boredom if you have serious nail biting habits.
2. Stop Wearing Acrylic And Gel Nails
Among tips on how to grow nails fast, stopping wearing acrylic and gel nails is one of the most effective. Removing acrylic or gel nails too quickly can cause the nails to dry, brittle and difficult to grow. Even improperly removing false nails can hurt the nails. You must soak your nails before removing nails. Wet nails will become very sensitive. If you want to do false nails from Gel or Acrylic, you should do interlacing. Make traditional nails interspersed with nails made from Gel or Acrylic. This helps to reduce nail damage to the lowest possible level.
3. How To Grow Nails – Do Not Skip The Nail Primer Polish
This is another must-try treatment in this list of tips on how to grow nails naturally in one week. Since you are in a hurry and want nail polish to dry quickly, it is often very easy to skip the nail primer polish. However, bypassing the nail primer polish can damage the nails. This nail polish layer prevents nails from getting dirty and keeps the nail polish firmly attached to the nail so that the nail is less likely to peel. This will limit your ability to shave nails and cause further damage to your nails.
4. Stop Using Nails As Tools
This remedy is one of little – known tips on how to grow nails fast. Using a nail to peel the label on the box, shaving the glue or removing the lock is very easy to hurt the nail. You may not realize that you are hurting your nails, but if you want your nails to grow faster and healthier, you should start paying attention to these things. The best way to prevent this is to exercise caution. Have a scissors or other tool to open, shave or peel things you need during the day. Avoid making nails bent.
5. How To Grow Nails – Supplement Vitamins
This is the next treatment in this list of tips on how to grow nails in one week. You need to add some essential nutrients for nails such as :
- Enhance vitamin H (biotin). Biotin promotes the growth and strength of the nails, hair and skin. Try to consume 30-40 micrograms a day with food and functional foods. Whole grains, mushrooms, bananas, salmon and avocados are excellent sources of biotin.
- Eat foods containing folic acid. Folic acid or vitamin B9 helps prevent nerve cell damage and protects red blood cells. This is the best vitamin that helps the nails grow and it cannot be consumed much as the body can release excess amounts naturally. Fish, red meat, cheese and soy products are rich in folic acid.
- Consume vitamin A. Vitamin A also helps strengthen the health of the nails. The recommended daily dose is 700-900 micrograms. Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkins and vegetables are rich in vitamin A.
- Enhance vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to be able to boost immune health. This means that Vitamin C helps to restore the body from within. The restored body promotes healthy nails. Orange, kale, strawberry and bell pepper are foods rich in vitamin C.
- Eat foods rich in vitamin B7. Incorporating vitamin B7-rich foods into the diet can help boost the effectiveness of functional food supplemented with biotin and help strengthen the nails. Be sure to eat foods rich in vitamin B7 such as barley, corn, soybeans, butter, broccoli and cheese.
In accordance with the Roman and Greek herbalists, horsetail is considered an effective herb for the development of nails. It is a powerhouse of silica, calcium, and some other beneficial minerals, contributing to the overall health of your nails .
- Mix ¾ teaspoon of dried horsetail stems into 2 cups of boiling water
- Next, cover it up and let it steep for 15 minutes
- After straining and letting it cool down, soak your nails into for 20 minutes
- Repeat this routine for 4 times per week
For faster results, drink horsetail tea once per day.
7. How To Grow Nails – Stinging Nettle
This is an age-old method to grow nails faster. This herb is teeming with vitamins, trace minerals and potent phytonutrients such as carotenoids and chlorophyll. Over 100 chemical compounds found in nettle, including iron, potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and vitamins A, B, C, and K. Phytonutrients include beta-carotene, quercetin, chlorophyll, etc. These nutrients are incredible for nails, skin and hair .
With such great features, neetle is a good solution for nail growth. A general instruction for making stinging nettle tea or any mineral-rich infusion with herbs is using approximately 1 tablespoon of dried nettle per 8 ounces of water. This infusion should be covered and steeped for several hours and cooled down to the room temperature. After straining, drink it to reap its benefits.
For added flavor, you can add mint to your tea.
8. Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids. It helps to improve nail growth as well as overall health. This oil can relieve nail splitting, cracking, drying or brittleness. Also, it has micronutrients such as B vitamins, potassium, zinc, magnesium, lecithin, and protein, which are good for the nail health. To relieve some fungal problems around fingernails, try flaxseed oil application  .
Rub some oil on your nails, massage gently for several minutes. Wear gloves for several hours to maintain the moisture. Repeat this method 1-2 times per day.
9. How To Grow Nails – Nail Care On A Regular Basis
The next one in this list of tips on how to grow nails fast is regularly caring your nails. Regular nail care is very important. This is important for your nails to grow and become stronger. To take care of your nails properly, you need to do the following:
- Use Nail Files To Create Nails On A Regular Basis
Once a week, you should use a file that has a smooth surface to create each nail in one direction. In addition, you should file nails when they are broken, peeled or scratched. Nail oval shape makes nails stronger. Avoid forming sharp nails because this makes nails very easy to break.
- Moisturize Your Nails Every Day
Apply a thick moisturizer containing oil on the nail and cuticle every day. Regular moisturizing helps keep the nails from cracking, peeling and brittle – the cause of broken nails and slow nail growth. Try a dense moisturizer with a special formula for hand, nail and epidermis. In addition, you can use epidermis oil to nourish the epidermis and skin around the nail. Serum is usually expensive but offers the fastest and most effective nail care. Nourishing nail cream is a perfect method that can be used every day. You can buy concentrated protein cream to apply on the nails in the morning and evening before going to sleep.
10. How To Grow Nails – Limit To Nail Contact With Water
This sounds strange when it comes to tips on how to grow nails, but it works. Soaking nails in water for too long, whether washing dishes or spending long time in the pool, can also cause nails weak. This causes you need to trim your nails more often. Therefore, only allow the nail to come in contact with water when necessary, such as when bathing or washing hands. Wear gloves when washing dishes, doing household chores or hand contact with other liquids. Restricting the nail into contact with water can help maintain moisture in the nail and reduce the risk of fracture.
Many of you think that washing your hands is a cleansing process which helps your nails grow faster. However, in order for the nails to grow best, you should dry your hands immediately after washing. Do not let your hands dry naturally. If the hands are dry naturally, the nails become very soft and weak, so they are very easy to break.
11. Avoid Strong Detergents And Chemicals
This is another must-try treatment in this list of tips on how to grow nails fast. You should limit your nails exposure to detergents and household hygiene products. Use nail polish remover to remove old nail polish. Strong chemicals and sanitary products can dry the nails. Therefore, you need to protect your hands from strong detergents and other chemicals throughout the day. Let’s wear latex gloves when washing or cleaning.
12. How To Grow Nails – Move To A Warm Climate
The nails of people who live in warmer climates will grow faster. You should travel or stay in warm places to stimulate fast growing nails. Protect your hands when it is cold to prevent brittle nails and make the nails grow longer. Exposure to sunlight, even in winter, as sunshine helps the body produce vitamin D to grow nails faster.
13. Be Patient
You may want to speed up your nail growth by soaking your nails in solutions and vitamins but you will still need to wait for your nails to recover. If your toe is stiff and your nails look peculiar, do not worry because the nail will grow back. It just takes time. Do not touch the nail and do not trim it.
14. Consider Applying Acrylic Nails Over Your Nails
Sometimes, while doing fun activities or work, accidentally your fingernails or toenails are broken. In serious situations, they may be left with only a small part. As such, this tip is for you. If you cannot wait until your nails are longer, you can go to a nail technician to apply acrylic nails on your short or cracked nails.
Procedures for fingernails and toenails are the same. The only requirement for you to apply this tip is to have a small nail part for the nail technician to put Acrylic on. This tip does not help the nails grow faster but will help camouflage and protect your fingertips and toes while the real nails grow back.
15. How To Grow Nails – Apply Essential Oils For Nails
Among tips on how to grow nails fast, applying olive oil, coconut oil or linseed oil for nails is one of the most effective. For example, you can use coconut oil to boost your nail growth thanks to its nutrients which provide nourishment and moisture for the nails. In turn, this warrants strong and healthy nail growth. On the other hand, coconut oil is good for dealing with fungal infections in nails. Alternatively, consider using olive oil due to its vitamin E content. In order to have healthy and strong nails, keeping them moisturized and nourished is important and vitamin E can do it for you amazingly by boosting blood circulation and nail growth.
The way to do it is very simple. All you need to do is dip cotton wool into one of these natural oils and then apply it to the nail. Besides, you can also pour olive oil, coconut oil or linseed oil into the bowl to soak your nails in about 10-15 minutes. However, this method will not work as fast as you apply natural oil directly to the nail.
Note: Do not wear shoes within 1 hour after applying oil or until oil is absorbed. The effect will be stronger if you allow the skin to have time to absorb moisture from the oil.
16. Try The Functional Foods Which Supplement The Biotin
This remedy is one of little – known tips on how to grow nails fast. Nails and hair grow faster when you add biotin as a functional food. Therefore, nail weakness and slow growth are often associated with a lack of biotin. You can increase your daily biotin intake by adding gelatin as it is a natural source of biotin .
Note: Gelatin and functional foods containing gelatin increase the level of oxalate in the urine, which may increase the risk of kidney stones in some cases. Therefore, use it according to the dosage guided on the box or as instructed by the doctor.
17. How To Grow Nails – Manage Stress
The next one in this list of tips on how to grow nails fast is managing stress. Stress can increase your ability to bite your nails. Hence, stress management can help you reduce nail biting desires. Some of the stress relievers you should try such as walking, jogging, biking, dancing or swimming, yoga, and meditation.
18. Rub Garlic On The Nail
You are probably thinking that this is a very weird way; however, using garlic to help your nails grow faster is very effective. If you really want a long nail set, why not try it? Garlic has the effect of strengthening the nails. The human body needs selenium to use iodine, which is essential for the development of every body part. Lack of selenium will result in slower nail growth. This is when garlic takes effect. It is one of the common ingredients in some types of nail creams. All you have to do is rub the garlic over your nails and remove it after 30 minutes.
If you do not want your hands to smell garlic, use lemon juice to wash your hands. The aroma of lemon will overwhelm the smell of garlic. Keep applying this tip twice per week until you achieve the results you desire.
19. Soak Nails In Oil And Salt Water
If you are looking for an inexpensive but still effective way on how to grow nails fast, then the mixture between salt water and oil is your best bet. Sea salt can remineralize your nails, thereby making them stronger and healthier. The oil can moisturize your nails as well as cuticles. You could choose the oil depending on your favorite, but coconut oil seems to be the common choice.
What you have to do is:
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt into 1 ½ cups of warm water
- Mix them well to let salt completely dissolve in water
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to that mixture, stir well
- Then, soak the nails in this solution for 15 minutes or longer
- Rinse your hands off and use a towel to pat dry
- Apply a moisturizer afterwards
- Repeat this routine once per day for faster results
20. How To Grow Nails – Use Tomato
Think of tomatoes when looking for ways on how to grow nails faster. Eating raw tomatoes will give weak nails the essential vitamin C  . Or, you can combine tomato juice with olive oil, then soak your nails in that solution for 15 minutes each day. That way, your nails will become long, shiny and strong.
21. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly is easily available in most households. It may be the least expensive and easiest homemade tips on how to grow nails fast. Take some jelly and apply a layer of it on your clean hands, allow it to sit there for several minutes to help the jelly penetrate into your nails and skin. Reapply this method daily before having a bath to get good results.
How To Grow Nails – Additional Tips
- Do not expose your nails frequently to harsh chemicals, not excluding cleaning products. Upon cleaning and working, wear gloves to help protect your nails from damage.
- Prevent fungal infections from affecting your nails by keeping the cuticles and nails clean and dry. In case you suffer from an infection, treat it instantly.
- Do not pick at hangnails or bite your nails.
- Do not scratch the nails because it weakens your nails
- Consume a healthy diet. Add green tea to your diet to improve nail quality.
- Expose your nails to sunlight in the early morning to promote your body create vitamin D which is essential for nail growth.
- Do exercise daily to boost blood circulation, increasing your nails faster.
Here are 21 effective tips on how to grow nails faster naturally in one week. As you can see, they are very simple and safe. Their effectiveness has also been verified by many people. Let’s choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are. If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 21 Tips On How To Grow Nails Fast Naturally In One Week” introduced in How To Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.