Vomiting sensation is not only a disease but also a symptom of many diseases. Vomiting sensation may be a physiological or a reflex phenomenon, but many cases are pathological manifestations, even dangerous.
This phenomenon is a symptom that can be encountered in many different diseases, even in very dangerous conditions needed immediate emergency. As a general rule, when people see these symptoms, people regard them as a minor concern, but this is one of the main manifestations of gastrointestinal diseases. Now, it is time to read 29 Home Remedies for Vomiting Sensation to learn how to treat menorrhagia at home, but before that, you had better understand some necessary information about this problem. Therefore, you can deal with it the right way.
What Is Vomiting Sensation?
Vomiting sensation is an unpleasant sensation that is accompanied by a strong impulse to vomit. Vomiting sensation is a feeling of discomfort in the stomach, feeling waves in the stomach and throat. Vomiting sensation indicates extreme discomfort, diaphragmatic contractions, causing stomach contents to be expelled orally. This condition comes from many different causes, such as illness, pregnancy, morning sickness, food poisoning, gastroenteritis (stomach flu), excessive alcohol intake, and migraine. Some medications may also cause nausea and vomiting. You can self-treat vomiting at home. However, see a doctor right away if you do not feel better or if you notice some warning signs.
What Are Common Causes Of Vomiting Sensation?
- Morning Sickness
Many women experience dizziness and vomiting sensation during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester (3 months). This condition is called morning sickness, and it is perfectly normal. It is characterized by vomiting sensation and vomiting. However, in some cases, morning sickness may affect your health. Excessive vomiting may lead to weight loss, dehydration, malnutrition, electrolyte imbalance and dizziness.
- Travel Sickness/Motion Sickness
Travel sickness or motion sickness is a feeling of vomiting sensation that some people may encounter when traveling by car, train, train or plane. It is caused by disturbance or conflict between the signals sent to the brain. The brain from the eyes, vestibules (inner ear and cochlea) and receptors in the joints, tendons and body tissues. When the brain receives different signals about the position of the child, it will cause symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, and vomiting.
- Panic Mood
A psychological panic that is too frightening may produce symptoms such as dizziness, palpitations, sweating, vomiting sensation, chest pain, difficulty breathing, etc. People who are obsessed, or have traumatic stress disorder, etc. are more likely to be psychologically frightened than others.
Some medicines may cause side effects such as dizziness and vomiting, such as antidepressants, antihypertensive drugs, etc. These medicines inhibit yeast metabolism in the body and lead to dizziness. If stopping medicines suddenly may also cause this condition.
Menstrual pain is a medical term used to refer to abdominal pain that occurs during “red lights” days. It may lead to dizziness, nausea, vomiting, back pain, etc. in some women. According to health experts, these symptoms are due to the release of prostaglandin from the endometrium.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is reflux of gastric or esophageal reflux of the stomach or esophagus, causing vomiting sensation and vomiting. Patients will feel very uncomfortable because the vomit will contain discharge stomach.
- Digest Problems
Vomiting sensation and vomiting are some of the most common symptoms of digestive problems like diarrhea, food poisoning, and gastroenteritis. These are the reactions of the body due to digestive disorders cause. Severe vomiting may lead to dehydration, electrolyte imbalance in the body, increased levels of dizziness, and possible harm to the body .
- Heart Problems
People who have frequent cardiac problems, such as irregular heartbeats, arrhythmias, heart attacks, sudden hypotension, may not be able to provide enough blood and oxygen to the brain. This condition may lead to loss of consciousness and affect the brain tissue. In addition, congestion of blood vessels leading to the brain may also lead to dizziness. People who have hypertension may also give rise to headaches, dizziness, vomiting sensation and be sweating more than others.
- Respiratory Disorders
Respiratory disorders and infections in the respiratory tract may lead to shortness of breath. Dyspnea is one of the reasons for the limited intake of oxygen and the resulting dizziness and vomiting sensation. Some of the respiratory disorders that cause this condition include obstructive pulmonary disorders, asthma, pulmonary edema, etc
- The Problem In The Ear
The ear is an essential organ of the body. It plays an important role in maintaining a sense of balance. Infections, inflammation, fluid buildup or tissue damage in the ear also make you feel unbalanced resulting in dizziness and vomiting sensation.
- Other Causes
Some other causes of dizziness, vomiting sensation may be allergy, fatigue, sinusitis, headache and migraine, nutritional deficiencies or too low blood sugar, etc.
If you have frequent vomiting sensation and dizziness, check with your doctor to find out the exact cause of the condition.
What Dangerous Diseases Go Along With Vomiting Symptoms?
- Gastroenteritis And Duodenal Ulcer
With symptoms such as vomiting sensation after eating, abdominal distention or a heavy eating feeling, and heartburn. Sometimes, you feel as burning in the upper abdomen when you are hungry and even after you eat. You should carry out gastroscopy, blood tests, and biochemical tests, as well as a test of antibodies to Helicobacter pylori virus (HP) that cause stomach and duodenal ulcers. You need to change diet and menus to stay away from fatty, spicy and sour foods that will help you neutralize excess acid in your stomach in the shortest amount of time.
- Gallbladder Problem
You feel vomiting sensation even in the meal because you are feeling full and do not want to eat. In addition, there is a pain in the upper right side of the abdomen accompanied by a bitter taste or metallic odor in the mouth and heartburn in the stomach. In order to deal with this condition, you need an ultrasound, and it depends on your doctor’s diagnosis: it may be a gall bladder dysfunction due to stones in it, cholecystitis. Besides, you also need to do liver tests. If in the bad case, the gallbladder may be removed.
After eating, you feel uncomfortable and irritable. After that, you feel the ache emerging on the right upper abdomen, a bitter taste in the mouth and also discomfort in the intestines. In this case, doctors also recommend the use of anti-inflammatory drugs. And most importantly, you have to break down your meals during the day.
You feel nauseated but not due to food, making you want to vomit. First, you feel pain in the upper abdomen and then gradually down to the right lower abdomen. Also, you feel a slight fever. When the pain begins to attack more aggressively, you need to call for emergency help, absolutely not to use painkillers because it will make doctors challenging to diagnose. After that, a surgery to remove the infected part of the appendix is needed.
- Problems With The Vestibular System
You feel vomiting sensation and dizziness when you change your position. Other symptoms include loss of balance, tinnitus, and flutter. This disease is not dangerous and can be treated successfully, it is necessary to review the operation of the hearing and vestibular organs.
- Blood Pressure And Heart
Feelings of vomiting sensation may cling to you all day long, especially in the morning. You will feel tired very quickly and may have a swollen, blush face. If you feel nausea and pain in the upper abdomen, then spread to the left arm, lower jaw, in addition to a stuffy nose, dull skin, or chest pain, you should pay attention to heart problems. For people over 45 years, physical stress and mental retardation should be reduced to avoid the risk of cardiovascular disease.
The initial symptom is nausea and vomiting. Then high fever from 38-40o C may be accompanied by pain. The first is a dull pain, then traumatic pain, back pain. They may go gaunt and no self-control. To solve this problem, you need to carry out urine, blood and biochemical tests, ultrasound of the kidney or examination of the endocrine system and urinary system. Dietary adjustments are recommended. Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs are recommended to avoid the risk of infection and even surgery to improve the situation.
When To See A Doctor?
There are many causes of your vomiting sensation. In some cases, you can treat this condition at home. If you cannot eat or drink anything for 12 hours or more, or if you are continually vomiting for more than 48 hours, it is best to see a doctor. Look for emergency medical assistance if the following symptoms also happen to you when you have vomiting sensation:
- Severe abdominal pain, cramping or feeling uncomfortable chest pain
- Dizziness or see the illusion
- Tired or even fainting before and after vomiting
- Cold, sweaty and pale skin
- High fever
- Pain throughout the body or headache
- Signs of dehydration (such as dry throat, falling into a coma, and dry mouth)
- Vomiting is as green as coffee grounds, or even blood
- There is waste included in vomiting
- Vomiting after head injury
There, you have discovered some information about vomiting sensation, it is time to find out what the best natural remedies for vomiting sensation are.
After that, we also have more home remedies for other diseases, so please visit our Home Remedies Page.
Top 29 Effective Home Remedies For Vomiting Sensation
There is no science-based evidence for the following homemade recipes. The recipes we’ve focused on are traditional home remedies, so always consult your doctor and check out your health condition regularly to know if a remedy is working for you.
This is the first method in the list of natural home remedies for vomiting sensation. Ginger is considered one of the most effective vomiting treatments because it prevents vomiting by strengthening the digestive health, reducing acid in the stomach which causes vomiting . Moreover, the taste of ginger is also stimulated to excite other unpleasant odors. There are three methods to use ginger in overcoming vomiting sensation:
Method 1: Fresh ginger
- Cut a few slices of ginger thin, then chew ginger and swallow
- Drink extra water to keep from choking and let the ginger go down the stomach
- Put ginger freshly washed in the blender to pure
- Remove the ginger from the blender, extract about five drops of ginger juice
- Mix ginger juice into a glass of water, add a little honey and drink it every morning until the vomiting sensation expires
Method 3: Ginger tea
- Make ginger tea by boiling a fresh ginger root with a cup of water within 10 minutes
- Then filter the ginger residue, add a little honey to the ginger juice was cooked as step and drink slowly
- Drink 1 – 2 cups of ginger juice every morning to effectively treat the best vomiting sensation
Method 4: Drink ginger pills
- In cases of vomiting sensation after chemotherapy, the recommended dosage is 1,000-2,000 mg of capsules per day for the first three days
- For vomiting sensation in early pregnancy, take 250mg ginger, four times a day
- Ginger has also proven to be effective in treating vomiting sensation after surgery. You must tell your doctor if you want to drink ginger because ginger may increase blood flow during surgery. Drink 500-1,000 mg of ginger before surgery for one hour
- For vomiting sensation related to food poisoning, gastroenteritis, and most other non-serious causes, take 250-1,000 mg of ginger, four times a day
- Do not give children under 12 months drink ginger pills
Lemon juice has the effect of curing vomiting by overcoming unpleasant odors that cause vomiting sensation. That is why it is listed as one of the effective home remedies for vomiting. In addition, vitamin C in lemon is also perfect for health. There are three ways to use lemon to overcome vomiting sensation:
Method 1: Lemon And Honey
- Squeeze a lemon into the cup, remove seeds.
- Pour water into the cup, then add honey.
- Use a spatula to stir lemon juice, water, and honey.
- Drink lemon juice every morning to prevent vomiting sensation.
Method 2: Lemon Essential Oil
- Pour a small amount of lemon essential oil into a handkerchief
- Cling your nose to the position of lemon essential oil on your handkerchief and take a deep breath, then you will not feel the feeling of nausea and discomfort anymore.
Method 3: Lemon Peel
Always bring a lemon with you, smell the lemon peel regularly to prevent odors that may make you vomiting sensation.
Besides lemon, orange or grapefruit essential oils are also very pure, pleasant and effective for treating vomiting sensation.
Like ginger and lemon, mint works to treat vomiting sensation very effectively by calming the stomach.
There are many ways to use mint to improve vomiting sensation, but the following two ways are said to be most effective:
Method 1: Mint And Honey
- Add one tablespoon of dried mint leaves to a cup of tea.
- Pour hot water to the mouth of the cup.
- Put the lid on and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Filter tea, add a little honey or sugar, stir and drink as soon as the tea is hot.
Method 2: Peppermint oil
- Pour a small amount of peppermint oil into a handkerchief.
- Clench your nose with peppermint oil on a towel and take a deep breath, then you will not see vomiting sensation and discomfort anymore.
Note that if you do not like the smell of mint, you should choose other herbs like lemon or ginger. If not, the mint is the cause of more vomiting sensation.
4. Rice Water
Rice water alleviates vomiting sensation, especially caused by gastritis. Prepare rice water by using white rice, not brown rice because it is starch-rich and quick to digest.
- Cook white rice with a 2: 3 ratio of rice and water
- Filter white rice water
- Use rice water when you have vomiting sensation
Method 1: Cinnamon Juice
- Prepare one cup of water with three cinnamon sticks
- Pour a glass of water into the pan, then add three cinnamon sticks and boil water for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and filter out residue, pour water into the cup to warm.
- Drink Cinnamon Juice
Method 2: Cinnamon Juice With Ginger
- Prepare one small slice of ginger, two pieces of cinnamon, one teaspoon and one cup of water
- Pour water in a pan with cinnamon and ginger and turn on the stove to boil for 15 minutes
- Turn off the stove, filter the ginger and cinnamon
- Take water into the cup and add honey to stir and enjoy
Method 3: Cinnamon And Ice Water
- Prepare two pieces of cinnamon, one orange peel, one tea bag, a 1/2 tablespoon of ginger, one spoon of fresh mint, one tablespoon of honey and ice
- Pour water into the pan along with cinnamon, orange peel, and tea bag and boil for 10 minutes
- Filter the ingredients to get water into the cup, let cool and add honey, mint, and ice and enjoy
Method 4: Cinnamon Juice With Lemon
- Prepare one tablespoon fresh lemon juice, two pieces of cinnamon, one clove, one teaspoonful, and one glass of water
- Pour water into the pan with cinnamon and cloves and boil for 10 minutes
- Filter water and add honey with lemon juice, stir well and enjoy
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, one of the most effective home remedies for vomiting, will produce alkaline, increase the pH level in the blood to the natural level, help restore the ability to fight off germs and diseases. Thanks to that, apple cider vinegar helps prevent vomiting sensation caused by delayed gastric emptying.
- One kilogram of apple salted in salt water slightly salted about 15 minutes to disinfect and then removed to drain
- Add the apples to the whole grain, add three liters of boiling water and warm with two bananas, put in glass jars, covered with cloth
- After a month, use filtered apple juice gradually
- Vinegar has an excellent membrane. Seeing that the mosquitoes fly out is broken vinegar, have to do again
- Wash the green banana clean and then slice it into thin slices to dry the sun or you can dry
- Dry the powder into fine powder and add the glass vial to cool the refrigerator
- When using, take two tablespoons of green banana powder mixed with warm water and drink
- Use twice a day before meals to help reduce the disease effectively
8. Vitamin B6
According to doctors, Vitamin B6 is abundant in brown rice, banana, avocado, fish, corn, and nuts. This vitamin balances your digestive system, so there is one of the effective home remedies vomiting, especially morning sickness. Moreover, this vitamin is also not harmful to the fetus and is considered safe for mothers in the future.
- The appropriate dosage for you to take this vitamin is 25mg, three times a day
- However, pregnant women should not take any medications without a doctor’s prescription. Ask your doctor before taking medicine, including vitamin B6
Apples are rich in fiber and may remove the chemicals causing nausea from the body. They also replenish your lost energy and control the feeling of vomiting sensation.
Specifically: This is one of the trees you can eat the shell (remember to wash carefully before eating). So with other plants, maybe apples are listed as the cheapest. This is a common type of scattered tree that can be found in any country, wading under a variety of photo food: apple pie, apple juice, apple candy, etc.
10. Chrysanthemum (TanacetumParthenium)
This is a little known suggestion among home remedies for vomiting sensation. Tanacetum parthenium is another treatment for nausea that has been used as a tea for centuries. Chrysanthemums may be particularly useful when used to treat nausea associated with migraine.
Do not drink aromatic Chrysanthemum if you are allergic to chrysanthemum powder, marigold, Roman chrysanthemum, grass or white daisies. These herbs may have cross allergies.
- To make these teas, you can soak one teaspoon of dried flour or leaves in a cup of boiling water
- Pour honey or hay (and lemon) for more flavor
- This herb has been used to treat vomiting sensation for a long time and is considered safe
50 compounds isolated from the leaves and basil plants may resist bacteria, helping to prevent foodborne illness. Basil is also a good source of iron, calcium, potassium, vitamin C and K for the body. This vegetable is useful for indigestion, vomiting sensation, stomach upset, diarrhea, and flatulence.
- You can mix basil with honey, water or fruit juice for the day
- Besides, you can also make three tablespoons of yogurt mixed with basil and a little salt
- Eat three or four times a day until symptoms disappear
- Those who are using blood thinners should limit their intake of basil because it enhances the blood-thinning properties of the medication and leads to serious complications
- People with high blood glucose levels often use basil to lower blood glucose levels to a safe level. But patients with diabetes or a history of hypoglycemia, using basil leaves will lead to low blood sugar levels
- Pregnant women overeat basil can negatively affect the health of mother and child. It may also trigger reactions in pregnant women
- This food stimulates uterine contractions in pregnant women, leading to complications during delivery or negative effects on the menstrual cycle
12. Bread Or Biscuits
When you have vomiting sensation, chewing bread or biscuits will help reverse this feeling more quickly because the cake contains more starch will absorb acid in the stomach.
You should avoid fried foods, greasy foods, sweets. Salty cakes, pies may absorb acid in the stomach, preventing stomach pain. Other foods to eat are noodles, rice, grilled chicken, fish, potatoes, etc.
13. Make Some Quick Changes
Method 1: Avoid Unpleasant Smells And Cigarette Smoke.
Regarding home remedies for vomiting, the best step to do is to stay away from stimulations of vomiting sensation and vomiting. Cleanup unpleasant odors and smoke by opening windows. Or you can go outside with fresh air.
Method 2: Ice Pack
- Hot temperatures contribute to vomiting sensation, especially when the heat of the body starts to rise too high.
- You try to use an ice pack to cool your forehead. Avoid high temperatures and humidity if possible.
- Heat exhaustion may cause vomiting sensation and is usually accompanied by symptoms such as dizziness, fatigue, headache, sweating, and some other symptoms.
- Get out of the heat and go to a cool room.
Method 3: Taking a rest
Try to sleep through nausea. It also helps control stress, anxiety, and tension that may cause nausea. Rest and relax as much as possible.
Method 4: Keep Your Body Stable
Movement may increase the feeling of vomiting sensation. Limit your movement as much as possible. Try lying in a dark and quiet room.
Method 5: Use Food And Soft Drinks
Use food and soft drinks. Include crackers made from whole grains, rice or sesame crackers, brown rice, and whole grain toast. Or skinless chickens.
- You can also try chicken or broth with vegetable
- Start eating in small quantities
- Fatty and spicy foods may make nausea worse. Many people feel nauseous eating tomatoes, acidic foods (like orange juice, pickles), chocolate, cream, and eggs
Method 6: Try The Brat Menu
The BRAT menu includes bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. This is the recommended diet for vomiting sensation.
Method 7: Drink Plenty Of Cold Water
- Make sure you drink as much water as you can. Dehydration will make you feel uncomfortable.
- For vomiting sensation, the temperature of the drinking water is equal to room temperature is the most tolerant.
- Slowly sip water. Drinking too much water may cause a feeling of disturbance in the stomach.
Method 8: Try Practicing Breathing Exercises
Breathing may help you reduce the vomiting sensation.
- Place the pillow under your legs and your neck for comfort
- Place your hands on your abdomen, just beneath your skeleton. The fingers of two hands touch each other so you can feel them split when doing the exercises
- Inhale deep, long and slow by puffing up your belly, just like your baby breathes this is to make sure you are using your diaphragm to breathe, not your ribs. The gravitational force attracts more air into the lungs than the ribs
- The fingers of both hands placed on the abdomen should be separated when breathing
- Breathe this way for at least five minutes
The natural home remedies for vomiting we have mentioned above are claimed to be able to reduce vomiting sensation well. Although the home remedies are quite time-consuming and slow-acting, their results are surprising. Choose some of them and alternate them in your treating to see how effective they are.
However, all content provided is for informational & educational purposes. We recommend you consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you and to avoid the side effects when applying these methods. In addition, asking for healthcare professional’s advice may help you know that you have to take medicine or not, especially for children, pregnant or breastfeeding women.
If you have any contributing ideas about our article of “Top 29 Natural Home Remedies for Vomiting Sensation” introduced in Home Remedies Category, do not hesitate to drop your words below this post. We will answer as soon as we could.