Sinus is a disease that caused by inflammation of sinuses next to nose- regularly because of infection. When people have sinus, they feel headache, feel pain at teeth, ears. I know that reading this article of Top 16 Home Remedies for Sinus Pressure Relief in Eyes, Cheeks and Ears, you want to find solutions for sinus pressure. But, before finding ways to tackle your problem, you should know some basic things about sinus: What is sinus, how to know when you are in sinus and when you need to see doctor
Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – What Is Sinus?
Sinus, which is also called sinusitis, is a disease that decrease quality of people’s live. It is a very popular disease around the world. This disease starts from inflammation of next-to-the-nose sinus. These empty hollows are swelling, infection, or having pus when people are in sinus. Besides inflammation of nose sinus, sinus is also includes inflammation of frontal sinus, maxillary sinus, ethmoid sinus, and sphenoid sinus.
Sinus can be divided into 4 main types:
- Acute sinus: This is the period when sinus symptoms are newly come. This period can last for about 8 weeks. In this period, you can see those signals below:
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose: Nasal discharge change from transparent into opaque yellow. When you can see this phenomenon, it means that your nose is having pus.
- Feeling painful at cheeks, between 2 eyebrows, nape
- Chronic sinus: It is a condition that all signals of acute sinus last 12 weeks or more.
Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – What Are Causes Of Sinus Pressure?
There are 6 main reasons below making sinus pressure attack you
- People who have some defects inside nose:
- Incline nasal septum
- Tumor inside nasal cavity or inside sinus
Some people can allergic with some factors below: Fumes, dirt, pollen, fur, some kinds of cosmetics or chemicals
- Injury in jaw:
Some causes related to jaw below can trigger sinus pressure:
- Common dental diseases such as caries, gingivities, …
- When you have accidents relates to jaw
- When your tooth is too difficult to extract, dentist have to
- Your living environment or working environment:
People working or living in polluted environment can have sinus. By this, I means that if your house or the place where you work have these characteristics below, you have higher risk to have sinus than other people
- Many kinds of terrible smells
- Too much dirt, fume, sawdust, and other industrial waste
- Some diseases that reduce function of immune system or some respiration diseases:
- Abuse of antibiotic:
Misusing many kinds of antibiotics, especially aspirin can trigger sinus for people.
Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – What Are Symptoms Of Sinus?
If you can see some features below, it means that you have sinusitis.
- Feel painful at these parts of your body: between eyebrows, cheeks, jaw
- Painful is repeat many times
- Painfulness increases when sinus people move strongly or bow
- Feel itch inside nose
- Sneeze many times
- Runny nose: Mucus from nose can flow to throat or nose, depends on the inflammation area
- Stuffy nose: you can feel this symptoms in one side of nose or both 2 sides of nose
- Your nose is deafen: You can’t smell anything
- Smelly breath
- Feeling hard to breath at night
- Coughing at night
- Sore throat
When Will You Need To Go To The Hospital Or Clinic?
Whenever you have some following characteristics, you had better to see doctor:
- Swelling forward tissue
- Eye socket inflammation: Sinus patient can see some following characteristics in their eyes
- Eyelids swell and fall down
- Lost ability to open or close eyes
- Patients’ characteristics change
Reading all above of the article, you can see overviews of sinus disease. Now, it’s time to find the way to eliminate this frustrating disease. You can have a look at 16 home remedies for sinus pressure relief in eyes, cheeks, and ears introduced in TrueRemedies.com here!
Top 16 Effective Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure In Heads, Face And Ears
1. Salt And Water
A sinus rinse by using salt water can help you clear sinus infection and breathe better. The salt will create an alkalizing environment which kills bacteria. Salt also dehydrates mucus, which is a breeding ground for those airborne pathogens. People with sinus pressure and other sinus infections could benefit from salt water rinse to relieve their symptoms naturally.
In this method, you have to do these following steps:
- Mix 3 cups of warm water with ½ teaspoons of salt.
- Stir well
- Fill the syringe bulb by this mixture
- Put two drops into your nostril
Caution: If you have recurrent sinus infections, you had better consult your doctor.
2. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Elevate Your Head
When you go to bed, put two pillows beneath your head. After that, you can sleep and feel it is easier to breathe while your headache is relieved. Mucus pools in the sinus at night when the sufferer’s head is down, so by lifting your head whilst sleeping, you can take control of sinus pressure symptoms. Among home remedies for sinus pressure, this is an easy, instant advice pressure because it helps reduce blood flow pooling in their nose.
3. Drink Fluids Frequently
In order to keep your body hydrate, you should drink much fluids. There are many kinds of drinks, but some kinds of them are good for sinus patients and some kinds are very harmful with them. If you want to thin out your nose mucus as well as relieve painfulness in your head, drink these kinds of drinks below;
- Water: It is the best fluids for sinus patients. You should drink 2 liters of water each day
- Herbal tea: it is very useful not only for thinning out mucus but also keep your body hydrate
- Fruit juice without sugar
And don’t forget that you mustn’t drink these kinds of drinks below:
- Coffee: Drinking coffee can lose your body’s water. So, your mucus can be thicker and you will feel very tired. It will be more difficult to eliminate mucus on your nose if you drink coffee
- Beverage contains alcohol: Like coffee, this kind of drink can dense your nose mucus and make you be under pressure. You can’t abolish your nose mucus if you drink alcohol-containing beverages.
- Fruit juice with sugar: This kind of drink is also dense your mucus because of sugar and some other compounds
- Carbonated drinks: Drinking this kind of drink is not good for people, especially for sinus patient. It can trigger gastroesophageal reflux phenomenon, and affect bad to respiration
- Cold drinks: It is one of the factors that incite throat, nose because of difference between your body and cold drinks. Sinus patients will cough when drinking cold fluids
- Milk and dairy products: Milk and dairy products is very good for people’s health, but not good for sinus patient at all. Don’t drink milk or eat any dairy products, otherwise your nose mucus will be dense. Then, sinus pressure in ears, face and head will increase.
4. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Apple Cider Vinegar
It is one of the natural ingredients that are helpful for people’s health. Thinning out nose mucus is one of the functions of apple cider vinegar. To make apple cider vinegar thin out nose mucus effectively, you should do these following methods
Method 1: Take 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times each day
Method 2: Mix apple cider vinegar with other fluids
To liquefy your nose mucus efficiently by this method, you have to follow the steps below:
- Mix a cup of tea or hot water with 2-3 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar.
- Add lemon or honey in order to add taste (optional).
- Drink this mixture 3 times per day.
Method 3: Apple cider vinegar with honey
The combination of apple cider vinegar and honey creates the perfect sinus-treating mixture, making it a good solution for those looking for best home remedies for sinus pressure. These steps below can help you eliminate sinus pressure in head, ears and face:
- Prepare 20ml of apple cider vinegar, 10ml of honey and 150ml of lukewarm water
- Mix these ingredients above well
- Drink this mixture in each meal daily
5. Drink Juice Of Tomatoes and Celery
This kind of juice has many functions for people’s health. One of the health benefits of tomatoes and celery smoothie is soothe symptoms of sinus such as nose ache, decongest nose. Getting this kind of juice is very easy. All you need to do is:
- Wash tomatoes and celery carefully and cut them into small portions
- Then, put them into a blender and add some water
- You can add lime to taste and increase antiseptic property of this drink.
- Drink this solution daily
6. Eat Soup
Many science researches support that eating soup can ease nose congestion, then decrease pressure. You can choose a variety of natural ingredients, from meat to vegetable to cook your favourite soup.
Garlic has potent antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties which can fight off bacterial infection causing your trouble. It also has decongestant as well as expectorant properties which can unclog the sinus cavities and give a relief from the congestion and pressure. Furthermore, its anti-inflammatory properties can relieve pain and swelling associated with sinus pressure. There are 3 ways to abolish sinus pressure with garlic
Method 1: Garlic and honey
To abolish sinus effectively with garlic and honey, you should do these following steps:
- Wash your nostrils by mixture of salt and distiled water
- Let your nose dry
- Peel garlic
- Crush into small pieces
- Pour honey into crushed garlic with ratio 1:2. By this, I mean that you should pour the honey with the amount of as twice as the amount of minced garlic.
Method 2: Use garlic extraction
This method is the simplest way to eliminate sinus pressure in face, ears and head. You should do these following steps to make sinus pressure disappear
- Wash your nostrils with mixture of salt and distilled water
- Peel garlic gloves and grind into small pieces
- Put minced garlic into a handkerchief, squeeze in or der to take extraction from garlics
- Add a little bit of water. You should add more water for the first time
- Dip cotton tip of cotton swab into garlic extraction
- Put it into your nostrils
- Push the nose mucus out
Method 3: A combination of garlic and alcohol
You can do the things below to make sure your sinus pressure in head, face and ears soothed:
- Prepare these ingredients: 200 grams of dried garlic, 1 liter of alcohol
- Peel garlic
- You can either keep garlic unchanged after peeling them or chop them
- Mix garlic with alcohol
- Shake well everyday
- Wait until garlic color change into yellow like turmeric color. It will take you 10 days if you chop garlic or a month if you keep garlic unchanged after peeling
- After 10 days or 1 month, drink a teaspoon of garlic alcohol. Do it in the morning and in the evening everyday
Method 4: Mix with horseradish
You can do these following steps:
- Prepare Half of a liter of apple cider vinegar and 3 horseradish
- Peel horseradish
- Chop horseradish
- Mix chopped horseradish with apple cider vinegar
- Put the mixture into a glass jar
- Close the jar tightly, put in the place where sun can’t shine directly
- Wait for 10 days. Each 3 days, open the lid and stir the mixture well
- Open the lid after 10 days and breathe this compound for 5 to 7minutes, do it three times each day
- You should breathe this mixture for 10 days or 15 days
Method 5: Garlic steam
By steaming, you can take advantage of garlic and get a relief from infections and other discomforts. What you have to do is:
- Boil a proper amount of water to take its steam
- Whilst boiling, you add 3 to 5 crushed garlic cloves into
- Let it simmer for several minutes and remove it from the heat
- Then, lean your head towards the hot water, use a towel to cover your head. Do not get to close to the water to avoid burns.
- Inhale the steam slowly and deeply and exhale. Repeat this routine for several minutes
- Do this method at least 2 times per day to get good results.
You can take garlic steam prior to hitting the hay to have a good sleep.
8. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Turmeric
Thanks to curcumin – a very strong compound included, turmeric is considered as one of the good-for-people-health natural ingredients as well as best home remedies for sinus pressure. Treating sinus is one of the functions of turmeric. You should do these methods below to treat sinus well by turmeric
- Peel fresh turmeric and grind them
- Take minced fresh turmeric into a clean handkerchief
- Squeeze in order to take turmeric water
- Drop into nostrils
Method 2: Fresh turmeric and honey
- Peel turmeric and grind them
- Take the amount of honey equal to the amount of minced turmeric
- Mix them well
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of this mixture into your tthroat, do it 4 to 5 times per day
9. Oregano Oil
This ingredient is a familiar spice for some dishes. Just a small number of people know it also can be used as a sinus medicine . Oregano oil is a remedy that could be used often without side effects. By regularly using oregano oil with the right dosage, you will clear the sinus and restore your nasal system’s health. To relieve sinus pressure effectively by oregano oil, you can do these 2 methods:
- Add some drops of oregano oil into warm water.
- You will feel comfortable after drink it twice per day.
Method 2: Steaming with oregano oil
- Place several drops of oregano oil in water contained in a pot
- Drape a towel or cloth over your head and neck whilst standing over that pot in order to breathe in the vapors
By this way, you can squeeze lime to take it extraction. Then drop some drops of lime extraction into nostrils to relieve congestion in your nose.
11. Mint Leave Or Mint Oil
Mint is not only a kind of vegetable but also a medicine for many respiration diseases because of its anti-bacteria compounds. To make mint leave or mint oil develop all their functions in treating sinus pressure on head, ears and face, you can do 2 methods below:
These following steps can help you get a cup of mint tea
- Prepare these ingredients a cup of water, 1/4 cup of sugar, a package of tea, and mint leaves up to your taste
- Boil water and sugar
- When sugar dissolves into water, turn off the stove
- Dip tea package into boiled water in about 20 to 30 minutes
- Drink hot and breathe it smell
- Do this 2 times per day to get good results
12. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Coconut Oil
Coconut is widely used in foods and could be found in many cosmetics, candles and soaps. It has a rich content of lauric acid which is known for antibacterial, anti-viral and antifungal properties. That is why it is one of the most effective home remedies for sinus pressure and other diseases. 
In order to relieve sinus pressure by using coconut oil, you should do these things below daily:
- Drop from 2 to 4 drops of coconut oil into two nostrils.
- Cover your nose and rub it to make sure that your nose mucous can absorb coconut oil.
This method will help you relieve sinus pressure in no time.
It is also an ingredient that very easy to find. You can find it in the market everyday, then use it as a kid of spicy or medicine for some diseases. Sinus pressure relieve is one of the functions of ginger. Let’s do these following ways to make sinus pressure in head, ears and face disappear
Method 1: Ginger extraction solution
You should do these steps below to eliminate sinus pressure in head, ears and face by ginger extraction
- You have to prepare 50 grams of ginger, 500 mililiters of water
- Remove ginger peel
- Slice peeled ginger
- Put into a pot, full this pot with water, boil it
- After 15 minutes, turn the stove off, you can take ginger extraction
- Wait until this solution cool
- Dip a towel into cool ginger extraction
- Cover your face with this towel
- Wait for about 10 seconds or 1 minutes
You should do these steps from three to five times per day to enjoy efficiency of this method.
Method 2: Ginger and dried onion
This method is also a widespread- applied method because of its effectiveness. There are the steps of using ginger and dried onion in order to eliminate sinus pressure in head, ears and face
- Peel ginger and onion
- Chop them
- Mix them well
- Put this mixture into a handkerchief
- Squeeze them so as to take extraction from ginger and dried onion
- Use this solution as a kind of nasal drop: Put this extraction into your nostrils from 3 to 5 times per day
14. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Honey And Warm Water
Honey has long been used as an effective ingredient for treating many diseases thanks to its antibacterial properties. According to a study published in Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine in 2011, honey has an ability to fight bacteria because of its acidic pH, enzymes and high sugar content that can produce hydrogen peroxide. This ingredient has been used to treat some conditions such as infected wounds, peptic ulcers, urinary tract infections, and sinus pressure. 
- Take a cup of warm water and 2 teaspoons of honey
- Stir them well
- Drink this solution twice a day: once after you wake up in the morning and once before you go to bed at night
15. Irrigate Your Nose
This method can remove nose congestion effectively. That is why it is one of the best home remedies for sinus pressure mentioned here. To decongest your nose by this method, you have to do the following steps:
- Add ½ teaspoons of salt to ½ cup of lukewarm water
- Stir until salt dissolve completely into lukewarm water
- Fill a squeeze bottle with this mixture
- Take 5 drops of this solution into one nostril and inclining your head into the other side. By this, I mean that when you drop the mixture of salt and warm water into the left nostril, tilting your head into the right side and vice versa.
16. Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure – Create Warm And Moist Atmosphere
You can do like these ways below to make atmosphere around your be warm and moisture
Method 1: Take hot shower
This is one of the activities can reduce sinus pressute on head, face and ears by create warm and moisture air. The heat help ease sinus pressure by liquifying the mucus on nostrils
Method 2: Use warm compress
This method has similar effect like taking hot shower. By this method, all you have to do to relieve sinus pressure is cover your face by a warm compress
Method 3: Use a humidifier
Your nose will be decongested and your sinus pressure on head, face and ears will be soothed when using a humidifier. A humidifier can bring down nasal passages and eliminate inflammation.
A bowl of hot water can also be an alternative for the humidifier. You should put it on the floor of sinus patient’s bedroom. Make sure you place it at the place that can’t make you and any people be burn.
Method 4: Steam
There are 2 ways to relieve sinus pressure on head, ears and face by steaming
- Way 1: Steaming with boiled water only
You should do these following steps to make sure that steaming with boiled water can relieve sinus pressure effectively:
– Fill in a quarter of pot with water
– Boil water until it is steamed vigourously
– Turn stove off
– Put the hot pot in a heat resistant thing. Be sure that you keep the hot pot out of reach of children
– Cover your head by a clean cotton towel
+ Place your head over the steaming pot. Make sure that the distance between your head and the hot pot is from 12 to 18 inches
+ Breath in by nose, breath out by mouth in 10 to 15 minutes or until the water is cool, repeat it 3 times per day
- Way 2: Steam with herbs
By herbs, I mean that you can use some dried natural ingredients that have antiseptic property or essential oil. The types of essential oil you can utilize for reducing sinus pressure are tea tree oil, black walnut oil, peppermint oil, and lavender oil. All of them can eliminate fungus and bacteria. Thus, it reduces sinus pressure in your head, face and ears. To treat sinus effectively by herbs, you have to do these steps below:
– Pour water to a pot until it reach 1/4 weight of the pot
– Boiling water until it steam thoroughly
– Add 1 or 2 drops of one kind of essential oil I said above or add a little bit of dried herbs
– Boil it for one more minute
– Get the hot pot away from heat
– Use a clean cotton towel to drape your head
– Place your head over the steaming pot. Keep your head from 12 to 18 inches away from the hot pot so as not to be burned
– Inhale by nose and breathe out by mouth for about 10 to 15 minutes. Do it 3 times each day
In short, this article of 16 home remedies for sinus pressure show you all what you can do at home to ease sinus pressure in ears, face and head. You can choose one of these methods, which one make you feel more comfortable to reduce sinus pressure. If you have any ideas about article of Top 16 Home Remedies For Sinus Pressure In Eyes, Cheeks And Ears, please feel free to comment below this article. We will reply as soon as possible.