Nowadays, the seasonal changes and the sun’s UV rays can cause damage to the skin. Therefore, it is truly necessary for you to moisturize your face skin daily. Although there are a lot of moisturizers that are available in retail shops and online stores, you absolutely can do with a number of natural ingredients. Continue reading this article on TrueRemedies to know more about the way to make a natural face moisturizer for dry skin, oily skin, normal skin, and aging skin.
- Top 10 Natural Moisturizers For Dry Skin
- Top 24 Kept Japanese Skin Care Secrets
- 21 Best Proven Treatments For Skin Fungus (This article was medically reviewed/fact checked by Millie Lytle ND, MPH.
Natural Face Moisturizer For Every Skin Type: How To Make It
I. What Is Your Skin Type?
There are three main types of skin, including dry, oily, and normal. Each skin type is going to be suitable with a different natural skin care therapy.
- Normal Skin
A normal skin refers to the well- balanced skin, which has small pores and the fine skin tone. Plus, those with normal skin often have good blood circulation and a soft, velvety and smooth texture, and no blemishes. If you own a normal skin, you probably do not worry too much about your face. However, it is still important for you to care for it to prevent your skin from dryness.
- Dry Skin
Dry skin usually describes the one that produces less sebum compared with normal skin. Because of the lack of sebum, this type of skin lacks lipids that are necessary for retaining moisture and enhance a protective shield against outside influences. If you have dry skin, you can feel tight all day, even experience obvious flaking. The main reasons for dry skin are genetics and environmental factors, such as hormonal changes, lifestyle, diet, dehydration, and climate.
- Oily Skin
The type of skin has heightened sebum production. This overproduction is considered as seborrhea. Oily skin is characterized by clearly visible and enlarged pores, a glossy shine, pale and thicker skin. Oily skin is also prone to breakouts (whiteheads and blackheads) and various forms of acne.
II. Why Should You Moisturize Your Skin Every Day?
Every day, we are exposed to tons of chemicals, via products that come from ourselves and the environment. Therefore, moisturizing your skin is said to be the top thing that you should do every day to get and maintain a youthful-looking skin, reduce the signs of aging, increase the health of the skin, and make you feel beautiful. This process can help to keep your skin smooth, clear, and wrinkle-free in the future. Let’s find out more about the top five reasons why you must moisturize your skin daily:
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
- Moisturizing helps to reduce opportunities of the skin problems. Each type of skin work well with a different moisturizer, so if you use the suitable kind of moisturizer, your skin will maintain its balance. When your skin is too oily or too dry, several common skin problems like pimples or acne will start to pop up rapidly. Dr. Ted lain said that if your skin is oily, you had better look for lotions instead of creams and apply the moisturizers, including exfoliant ingredients. On the other hand, if you have dry skin, a cream with a higher oil content will be better.
- Moisturizing reduce the appearance of blemishes. A freshly moisturizing skin will bring you a healthy sheen, which can help to lessen the existence of blemishes. Some moisturizers contain several tint or self-tanner that can get on well with any type of skin.
- Moisturizing keeps your skin stay young. Your face is one of the most sensitive areas of your skin. It replaces themselves more often than other areas on your skin. Every day, the loss of skin cells leaves this area vulnerable to the dryness, along with the elements. Moisturizing can bring your sensitive skin the necessary boost to repair and stay healthy itself.
- Moisturizing fights wrinkles. The plump, firm feeling in your face after moisturizing is not an illusion. Those who have the properly moisturized skin often accumulate wrinkles at a fraction of the rate of those with the dry one.
- It is the perfect end to a warm shower. A warm shower feels invigorating and great; however; it strips the moisture right out of the skin. You should take a few minutes before using some moisturizer. This will ensure that your skin is not only clean but also protect from the stress of the day and feel great.
However, it isn’t a good idea to use chemical products for facial skin care. Many of the chemicals included in the commercial skin care products are added singly to reserve other ingredients. In other words, they do not have effects on making your skin look better, even affect the endocrine system. Therefore, there are more and more people applying natural moisturizer. This therapy does not contain the usual array of created chemicals. Instead, it consists of the natural active ingredients. Enjoy the best skin, the all-natural ways first!
III. Natural Face Moisturizer For Every Skin Type
A. Natural Face Moisturizer For Oily Skin
Many people avoid moisturizing their skin because they have oily skin. However, this is definitely wrong. Oily skin tends to be dehydrated, so you still have to moisturize your skin carefully.
1. Milk And Olive Oil
You will need:
– 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
– 2-3 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil
– Take about a quarter cup of fresh milk
– Add extra virgin olive oil to the cup, and then mix well
– Pour about 2 tablespoons of lime juice and stir it well
– Apply this blend for your face skin
The lactic acid in the fresh milk softens your skin. Olive oil helps keep your skin healthy, and lime helps eliminate the dead cells and acne or blemishes, so clearing the skin.
2. Rose Petals
You will need:
-A cup of rose petals
– Aloe juice
– Put the rose petals in a container and boil it along with a few drops of rose water.
– Filter the mixture to get the liquid
– Add about 2 tablespoons of aloe juice to the liquid after it cools down to normal temperature.
– Put the mixture in your fridge for a few minutes, and then apply it to your face.
Rose water can help remove dirt and make the skin look fresh while aloe vera can moisturize the skin and clear acne.
3. Aloe Rose
You will need:
– 1 tablespoon of carnauba wax
– 1 tablespoon of water
– Rose essential oil
– Aloe vera
– Jojoba oil
– A glass bowl
– Take a tablespoon of carnauba wax in the glass bowl.
– Add 1 tablespoon of water, 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil and mix it well.
– Place the glass bowl on top of boiling water to melt the mixture.
– Leave the blend cool down to normal temperature.
– Add one drop of rose essential oil and a teaspoon of aloe vera gel to the mixture and mix it thoroughly.
– Use this for your face.
Jojoba oil helps to clean your skin thanks to the amazing antioxidants. Aloe vera gel keeps your skin clear, and carnauba wax helps the skin soft.
B. Natural Face Moisturizer For Dry Skin
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great therapy for dry skin. It moisturizes and hydrates the skin without leaving it greasy. Moreover, olive oil is rich in antioxidant properties, so it helps protect the skin from damages and rough. You can apply this natural moisturizer both during the winter and throughout the year.
– Directly apply it to your facial skin. You should use the extra virgin olive oil to obtain the best results without making any combination with other ingredients.
– Massage gently to make the oil go into the deep layer easily.
– Leave it for about 10 minutes and clean it off with warm water.
2. Aloe Vera And Coconut Oil
Aloe vera is considered as a miracle moisturizer. This natural herb is an ideal choice for the hydrating agent at home. Coconut oil is not sticky like many other oils. It is non-greasy, light, and rich in vitamin E, which play as good hydration for dry skin.
– Mix well aloe vera gel with coconut oil.
– Apply this paste to your face. You can store the blend in a jar, and keep it away from the sunlight.
C. Natural Face Moisturizer For Normal Skin
Honey is known as one of the most wonderful natural moisturizers for the skin. It contains the natural antibacterial and antioxidant properties, which have a great fighter of irritation, wrinkles, and blemishes . Honey is also a natural humectant and emollient. It infiltrates to the deep layer of the skin to moisturize it. Besides, honey plays a potential role in restoring the dull skin and cleaning up your skin.
– Add two tablespoons of honey to eight tablespoons of water and mix well until you get a paste form.
– Apply this mixture to the skin and all it to dry naturally.
2. Buttermilk Or Milk
Both buttermilk and milk are rich in lactic acid that is a really effective way to hydrate the facial skin. It is quickly absorbed into the skin pores and can help to break down and eliminate the dead skin cells. Moreover, buttermilk speeds up cell rejuvenation, which makes the skin look younger and keeps away wrinkles as well. Thanks to these great benefits, buttermilk and milk are truly the wonderful moisturizers.
– Dip a washcloth to cold milk or buttermilk.
– Lay it on the face for about 10 minutes.
– Gently rinse with warm water.
Note: If your skin is allergic to milk or other dairy products, do not apply the recipe.
To moisturize your face skin, you can apply many types of oil such as coconut oil, baby oil, olive oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, or mineral oil. All these oils are rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, and fatty acids, which offer the excellent soothing effects for the face skin.
Olive oil is a great moisturizer for centuries thanks to its natural acids and antioxidants. These ingredients help to strengthen the face skin to make a natural barrier fighting against the injurious effects of the sun.
Castor oil is truly an amazing moisturizer. It contains a high gathering of fatty acids that can let the oil quickly absorb into the skin. Besides, it helps to lubricate and hydrate the skin from the inside thanks to its linoleic acid. This kind of acid can create a barrier preventing the skin from losing moisture.
Coconut oil is famous for its natural collagen-supporting lauric acid. This oil can easily absorb deep into your skin to moisture without making you feel greasy. Furthermore, its antimicrobial, along with antibacterial components make it a good anti-aging remedy.
– Apply a kind of oil for your face skin
– Massage for a few minutes. Massaging helps the oil to absorb into the skin quickly and easily.
– Leave it overnight and in the morning, wash it off.
4. Shea Butter
Shea butter is an amazing moisturizer for the skin because it has a high amount of saturated fatty acids, healing, and anti-aging properties. Moreover, it is rich in vitamin F and A, which contribute to keeping the skin young and protecting it from harmful effects from the environment.
– Take a small blob of shea butter, and then melt it by rubbing it in between your hands.
– Use directly for your face skin.
– Massage for a few minutes to let the butter absorb deep into the skin.
Avocado is enriched with nutrients, vitamins (A, D, and E), and minerals (fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin E, and carotenoids). These elements will help the skin maintain moisture. Additionally, vitamin C aids in elastin synthesis and collagen that bring you a firm and young-looking skin.
– Cut the avocado and remove the paste inside
– Softly mash it so that no slumps leave.
– Use this for your face and keep for about 10 minutes.
– Clean it off with lukewarm water.
6. Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is a great source of water for your body and skin, both inside and outside. Therefore, it is used to moisturize and hydrate your skin. It contains the nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, vitamin E and A, which replenish, benefit, and rejuvenate the skin.
You will need:
– 1 large cucumber
– 8 oz. paraffin wax
– 2 oz. carrier oil (the best is almond oil)
– Take the skin off and cut in half along the length.
– Scratch of the seeds and mix the cucumber into a puree.
– Heat the paraffin wax in a microwave for about 90 seconds to melt it.
– Add the carrier oil to cucumber puree, and then mix this blend thoroughly.
– Massage this onto your skin to moisturize it. You can store the remaining mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for the next use.
7. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is a home moisturizer for many people. Owning a lot of nutrients such as vitamin C and E, beta-carotene, and anti-inflammatory properties, aloe vera gel helps to moisturize the skin without making it greasy.
– Peel out the outer part of the aloe vera leaves to remove the gel inside.
– Extract this gel and mask it well.
– Apply it as soon as possible to your skin
– Leave it to dry for about 10 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.
8. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter extracted from cocoa seeds can promote the skin’s elasticity and moisturize it. This natural butter has the saturated fats, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components, which may reverse the harmful effects of UV exposure.
– Cut off the cocoa butter and dab into the face skin nicely. The butter, along with the friction, will melt and spread over your face. If the butter does not melt, you can place it in a double-boiler for a minute and then use it.
– Keep it on for a few minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Beeswax, along with some carrier oils, is an excellent moisturizer to soften the skin and improve its elasticity thanks to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
You will need:
– 1 cup of olive oil
– ½ cup of coconut oil
– 2 oz. beeswax
– 5-6 capsules of vitamin E oil
– Put all the beeswax and the oils together in a glass container.
– Heat these elements in a boiler at the medium heat. Mix well until you get an even blend.
– Take out the glass and let it cool.
– Before the mixture freeze, add the vitamin E oil and stir well.
– Use this lotion for your face skin and massage softly.
– Keep it overnight.
D. Natural Face Moisturizer For Aging Skin
When you age, your skin becomes less effective, resulting in the types of damage that we have to face aging. As a result, moisturizing your skin is considered as the best ways for aging skin. This process not only makes the skin feel great but also keeps the skin smooth, clear, and wrinkle-free. Moreover, moisturizer can hydrate the skin cells and produce new healthy cells. If you moisturize the facial skin regularly, along with the adequate sun protection, you will get a young-looking and radiant skin.
You will need:
– ¼ cup of almond oil
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
– 2tablespoons of beeswax
– ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
– 1 tablespoon of shea butter
– Essential oils (optional)
– Put all ingredients in a glass vessel.
– Boil a 4- inch pot of water to a simmer.
– Put the vessel in the pot without the lid, and wait until the elements have melted.
– Stir the mixture occasionally.
– When the ingredients are evenly combined, pour it in the other glass jar.
– Put at room temperature until getting the harden cream, close the jar lid, and place in a cool temperature.
– Apply this cream for your face every morning and night after washing.
Additional Tips For Moisturizing Your Skin
- You should apply a gentle moisturizer regularly. Particularly, you can use the larger amount of moisturizers during the winter to prevent the dryness caused by the cold weather.
- You should take a shower or wash your face with lukewarm water. Hot water can destroy moisture from your skin.
- Never use the body washes or harsh soaps as they can make your skin dull and dry
- Apply the moisturizers that are universal for all kinds of the skin or for your skin type.
- Be clear what suits and what is not essential for your skin. Remember to perform a patch test before using it for your skin if you are not sure about any remedies in the home recipes.
We have given some effective ways to make a natural face moisturizer for your skin. Try the recipes and enjoy a beautiful skin. Don’t forget to comment in the form below and let us know what you think. Welcome!