Thanks to its active sulfur compound with natural antibiotic properties, garlic (Allium sativum) contains great antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, so it is not only used for preparing delicious dishes or sauces but also for acne and pimples treatment. Some other beauty benefits of garlic include treating skin pigmentation and freckles and whitening the skin. The following article on True Remedies will guide you on how to use raw garlic for pimples treatment on the face. This ingredient brings the same effect as a high-class lotion, and you can apply at home easily.
- 46 best ways to get rid of pimples overnight
- Top 17 natural solutions for scalp pimples and acne
- Top 11 useful tips for using garlic for sinus infection symptoms
Top 8 Uses Of Raw Garlic For Pimples Treatment On The Face & Its Benefits
I. What Is Pimples?
A pimple often happens when the dead skin cells and oil on the skin surface are produced too much, causing infection and inflammation. This situation will promote the development of bacteria on the skin. Also, this oil and bacteria clog the pores, which may lead to red spots on the skin, called pimples. They can occur in people of any age, especially adolescents.
There are many types of pimples such as whiteheads (small pimples under the skin), blackheads (which are noticeable with black or dark color), papules (pink and solid pumps on the skin surface), pustules (pus-full pimples) and cysts (painful pimples with pus, which may cause scars on your skin)
II. Why Does Garlic Work For Pimples Treatment
Garlic is a powerful treatment for numerous kinds of skin and health problems. It has antiviral, antifungal and antioxidant properties, which can help to heal the pimples quickly. Moreover, the allicin in garlic can also help to reduce inflammation and infection, which are the root causes of pimples. The active ingredients such as zinc, selenium, vitamin C, and B6 of garlic can remove the pimples effectively. In spite of its strong and uncomfortable aroma, garlic should be added to our daily meal to treat and prevent health and skin problems. Consuming garlic regularly is essential to increase your immune system and make you stronger to fight free radicals and other environmental factors that can affect your skin and lead to pimples.
III. How To Use Garlic For Pimples
Thanks to the above benefits, garlic is widely used for pimples treatment. Here are a few ways to use garlic for pimples that you really should pay attention to.
1. Garlic For Pimples Treatment
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
- Cut a garlic clove into two parts
- You directly rub the garlic on the pimples and wait for 5 minutes
- Wash your face with warm water
The sulfur in garlic will help to heal the pimples, so you should follow these directions several times per day to completely get rid of pimples. Also, you can eat raw garlic per day (not too much, or else, you will have a stomach ache) to purify your blood.
2. Garlic Juice
Besides directly rubbing garlic cloves on your pimples, you can also use garlic juice to remove the pimples according to the following directions:
- For this remedy, you have to prepare 5 cloves of fresh garlic, a mortar and pestle, and a thin and white cotton cloth
- Grate 5 cloves of fresh garlic
- Smash the above garlic using a mortar and pestle within 10 minutes
- Use a cotton cloth to squeeze the juice
- Directly dab the juice on your pimples with a cotton swab
- Wash your face with clean water after waiting for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic
Apple cider vinegar is also said to be good for pimples treatment thanks to the mildly acidic nature of this magic ingredient. It can help balance the natural pH level of your skin, protect your skin from bacteria, and treat pimples and acne very quickly . It also comes with antioxidant properties that can help to increase the skin's health and strength.
- Mix 1 spoon of fresh water with 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar
- Smash 1 – 2 cloves of garlic into a paste and leave it for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, use a clean cotton cloth to squeeze the garlic juice
- Mix 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar and water mixture with the above garlic juice
- Directly dab the above mixture to the pimple skin area
- Rinse off with clean water after 10 minutes
- Remember to apply this remedy every day to get the result as soon as possible.
4. Turmeric And Garlic
Turmeric is said to be a wonderful natural ingredient, which may help to treat the pimples naturally and quickly. It is also useful in removing the pungent smell of garlic.
- Smash 1 – 2 garlic cloves into a paste and let it stay for 10 minutes
- At the same time, prepare 1 inch of turmeric root and grind it to make a paste
- After 10 minutes, mix the above garlic and turmeric paste and directly apply the mixture to the affected skin area
- After 20 minutes, remove the above mixture from your skin
- Wait for another 30 minutes and then rinse off with clean water
- Repeat this remedy once or twice per day.
5. Lemon, Oatmeal, Honey, And Garlic
This remedy will help to get rid of blackheads, one type of pimples on the face. Oatmeal can help to exfoliate your skin, remove all of the dead skin cells, impurities and dirt from your skin. While lemon is useful in loosening the blackheads. Adding some honey to this face mask will help to brighten your skin. When all of the above components are combined with garlic, they make up a powerful solution for both treating pimples and nourishing your skin, making it cleaner and more beautiful.
- Take 2 garlic cloves and grind them
- Put the above ground garlic in a bowl; add to it 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, a few drops of lemon juice, and 1 drop of tea tree oil
- Mix well all of the above ingredients to make a thick paste
- Apply the above paste to your face, especially where the blackheads locate and combine with massaging your skin.
- Wait for 15 minutes before washing off with warm water
- It is better to apply this remedy 3 times per week to remove all of the blackheads
6. Tomato And Garlic
Tomato has astringent and antiseptic properties, so it can help to unclog and then shrink the pores. Its cooling and soothing effect is useful at relieving the redness and irritation of the pimples on your skin. Also, the production of oil, which contributes to forming pimples and acne, will also be regulated by using tomatoes.
- Blend a small piece of tomato and 2 garlic clove in a food processor
- Put the above ground mixture in a bowl
- Use your fingertips to apply the above mixture to the skin area with pimples
- Wash off with warm water after waiting for 20 minutes
- Clean your face with some cold water for the last step to seal off the pores.
- You are advised to apply this remedy 3 times per week to get rid of pimples quickly.
7. Yogurt, Honey, And Garlic
Yogurt has mild bleaching properties and live cultures with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, so it can both nourish your skin and remove bacteria and germs, causing pimples. Besides, honey has antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Therefore, combining the above two ingredients together with garlic is an excellent way to fight the pimples and even acne.
- Use a food processor to grind 3 cloves of garlic
- Put the above ground garlic in a bowl, add to it 1 tablespoon of fresh yogurt and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix all of the above ingredients well
- Apply the above mixture to your face (remember to keep it away from your eyes)
- Rinse off after 20 minutes with cool water
- Apply this remedy twice per week to get the best result.
8. Aloe Vera And Garlic
Aloe vera is a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals, which can help to fight the inflammation and irritation from pimples.
- Prepare an aloe vera leaf and squeeze the gel
- Put the aloe vera gel in a food processor and add to it 5 cloves of garlic
- Blend them until they become a well-mixed solution
- Use your fingertips to apply the above mixture to your face, especially the pimple skin area. Also, remember to massage your skin for several minutes to gain the best result
- After 15 minutes, wash off with cool water
- Use a soft towel to dry your face and then apply a moisturizer to nourish your skin.
IV. Side Effects And Precautions
Using garlic for pimples removal works well, but you need to pay attention to some notes as below:
- Despite the above benefits, it is easy for garlic to cause redness and irritation on sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, you should do a mock test in advance to make sure that this ingredient is safe for you. If no sensation happens, you can directly rub garlic on the pimples in the evening and wash your face in the next morning.
- Garlic should be crushed when used because the active ingredient allicin present in garlic only has antibacterial and antioxidant effects when garlic is crushed.
- You should only treat pimples with garlic when your acne condition is not serious. For serious cases, you should not use this method.
- Don’t use garlic for acne treatment for long-term. If used on the skin for a long time, it will cause skin irritation.
- Garlic should not be used more than 3 times per day or more than 3 times per week
- If you use garlic to treat acne in the summer, you should cover the area carefully because using garlic makes the skin to catch the sun's rays easily.
Try applying the above methods regularly to fade away garlic fast. Also, let us know if you have other ways to use raw garlic for pimples treatments on the face.
All the contents provided in this post are for informational and educational purposes. Thus, it is important to consult a healthcare professional to determine which method is appropriate for you.