Toothache is a problem mentioning to the condition of irritation of the nerve to tooth. I know that the aim of reading the article “Top 90 Effective Home Remedies For Toothache Pain And Swelling” is finding ways to kick toothache. But you had better know some basic information about toothache to eliminate it better.
hWhat Are Common Causes Of Toothache?
- Tooth decay:
This is the most common reason for toothache.
- Tooth sensitivity:
If you feel painful when you eat or drink hot or cold food, it means that either you have sensitive teeth or you have cavity.
- Some infections:
Sometimes culprits of your toothache are some kinds of disease. Sinus pressure is an unbelievable reason of toothache if you feel aching in only your upper teeth and both sides of your face. Besides, temporomandibular disorder can also be a culprit of toothache. This is a disease caused by trauma or injury directly to jaw.
- Using wrong tools for oral hygiene:
Toothache can visit you if you use inappropriate tools to brush such as hard bristle toothbrush and wrong kinds of toothpaste. Furthermore, wrong ways in choosing and using flossing can lead to toothache.
- Orthodontic Alignments:
Retainers brace and other dental alignment system can cause tooth pain and discomfort in your mouth. Toothache can be subsided for a few days after modification which tighten or move teeth.
- Wisdom teeth or misaligned teeth:
The other teeth can be pressed again by misaligned teeth. The consequences are the other teeth are aching and swelling. Wisdom teeth fester below the gum line and push other teeth. It leads to toothache pain and swelling.
- Tooth abscess:
When tooth decay comes deeply through to the root of visible tooth, it has a high chance that the areas under the tooth and around are infected. It will leads to the difficulty in determining where toothache comes from.
- Gum diseases:
This is a disease caused by inflammation of oral bones and gums. It results in the dull pain, red and swelling gum and toothache.
- Teeth grinding
Grinding your teeth will make your jaw, gums and teeth be under pressure and leads to toothache.
- Teeth Cracking:
When you bite something too hard, when you fall or something attack your teeth, your teeth will be broken and leads to toothache.
What Are Symptoms Of Toothache?
- Fever and chills
- Feel difficult to swallow and breathe
- Gums are red or irritated
- Ear, mouth and head are painful
- Lose tasting
When You Need To See A Dentist?
You should see dentist if you feel these signs below:
- You have to suffer from toothache for 1 or 2 days.
- You have a fever, feel pain when opening mouth widely and have an earache.
- You have to endure severe toothache.
Top 90 Effective Home Remedies For Toothache Pain And Swelling
Cloves contain eugenol-a compound has ability to trigger paralyze and pain killer, especially in dentistry  . These methods below can make clove become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling:
- Put a few whole cloves on or near the hurt tooth and dampen them by spittle until they are softened.
- Contuse them by 2 non-painful grinders to release their oil
- Hold the soften cloves in your painful tooth for 30 minutes before spitting it out
- Repeat the process above again many times per day as needed to relieve pain until you can go to the dentist
- Put from 3 to 4 whole cloves into a piece of natural and thin fabric
- Wrap the cloth to make a small bag
- Use a hammer or a heavy book to grind cloves inside the cloth
After complete 3 steps above, you can choose one of 2 steps below:
- Put the bag to the mouth and moisten with saliva to extract oil
- Scatter clove powder over the tooth
Method 3: Cloves and cayenne pepper
The combination of cloves and cayenne pepper bring you burning sensation in some first minutes, but it is an effective home remedy for toothache. By this method, all you need to do is shown below:
- Grind some cloves
- Add an equal amount of cayenne pepper powder to crushed cloves
- Mixing well and add a few drops of water in order to create a thick paste
- Roll a cotton tip to the mixture and apply it to the affected tooth as needed
Make sure that you put the cotton ball with cloves and cayenne pepper off your gums and on your tooth to avoid irritate your gums.
Method 4: Clove oil
- Grind some whole cloves
- Put ground cloves to a piece of cheesecloth, then wrap cloves
- Pour oil to a canning jar and put the piece of cheesecloth containing cloves to the jar
- Put the jar to a double boiler and let it be for 30 to 50 minutes, then let it cool
- To increase potency, leave the top of jar
- Dip a cotton ball to the oil and apply to impacted tooth
2. Home Remedies For Toothache – Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper works as a counter-irritant. It can be used to reduce pain for tooth in deep positions and encourage local blood flow. You should do these methods below to cure toothache pain and swelling:
- Combine some tablespoon of ground cayenne pepper with a pint of strong whiskey
- Let the mixture steep for fortnight. In this period, shake the mixture carefully everyday
- Sieve the liquid to a glass bottle after 2 weeks
- Drop from 4 to 6 drops to a cotton ball and apply to affected tooth
- Repeat these steps above as many times as you need
- Pour half of tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder to a piece of tissue
- Wet your finger a little bit and dip it to cayenne pepper powder
- Put the finger to your mouth and apply the finger to the painful area in your mouth
- First, you can choose one out of 2 ways below to make a paste for toothache from cayenne pepper:
Grind a few cayenne peppers and mix with water
Mix ground cayenne peppers with ginger and apple cider vinegar
- After making paste, apply the paste to impacted tooth directly
Redness, swelling, infections and wound because of toothache can be treated by using ginger root . Function of ginger root in curing toothache is just utilized if you do these methods below:
Method 1: Raw ginger
- Wash ginger root under the faucet of fresh and cool water
- Using a clean paper towel to dry ginger root
- Cut a piece of ginger root, then put it on your mouth
- Bite down ginger root by painful tooth to take ginger juice
- Continue chewing ginger root for 5 minutes
- Swallow it or spit it out
- Repeat these steps above several times per day
This method will be useful for people who can’t chew raw ginger. The process below can help you treat toothache pain and swelling effectively:
- Slice ginger root and put them to a mug
- Pour boiling water to the mug
- Let it steep for 20 minutes
- Drink this tea and lap it around the painful tooth
- You should cover the portion of unused ginger root by plastic wrap and reserve in fridge
Method 3: Ginger and cayenne pepper
You can also combine it with cayenne pepper which has capsaicin extensively used for managing pain .
- Mix 1 teaspoon of ginger and cayenne pepper with a little bit of water to create a saturated paste
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it to the impacted tooth
Method 4: Ginger, parsley and lemon
- Chop 2-3 inches of ginger root
- Put chopped ginger root to a pot
- Pour boiling water to the pot and let it steep for 10 minutes
- While waiting for steeping of ginger, extract lemon juice to a bowl
- Lower the flames and add 5-10 parley leaves
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Take the pot away from heat and strain the liquid
- Add lemon juice to the liquid
- You can add a little bit of salt to increase taste
- Sip this solution to soothe the pain caused by toothache
- Don’t use more than 4 tablespoons of ginger per day, otherwise your mouth will be hurt.
- You had better go to the dentist if toothache isn’t improved after using ginger.
4. Green Tea
Green tea can help patients recover fast from painful triggered by dental infection. Thus, it is considered as an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling. The methods below are useful for toothache patients:
- Heat water and use a little bit of hot water to prewar a cup
- Add 1 tablespoon of green tea leaves to the cup
- Pour hot water over and cover it
- Let it steep from 1-3 minutes
- You can alternatively use green tea powder or green tea bag to brew green tea
The appropriate dose of green tea for toothache pain and swelling is sipping warm 2 cups per day.
These methods below will make cinnamon become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling:
Method 1: Cinnamon and honey
- Combine 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 5 teaspoons of honey
- Apply a small amount of this mixture to the problem tooth
- Reserve the unused part at the room temperature
- Apply this paste from 2 to 3 times per day until you can’t feel pain anymore
Method 2: Cinnamon and water
- Mix ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder with water
- Stir well to dissolve it and drink it
- Drink the same amount of this mixture after a few hours until all pain and swelling disappear
6. Home Remedies For Toothache – Salt Water
Healing property and dental bacteria inhibiting ability help salt water become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling. Doing the following steps will help you eliminate all nuisances about toothache:
- Add a teaspoon of table salt to a glass of warm water
- Swish this solution thoroughly, especially swish nearly impacted tooth
- Keep rising for 30 seconds and spit the solution out
- Do the process above again every hour per day to relieve pain triggered by toothache
7. Hydrogen Peroxide
This solution works in the same fashion as salt water solution . By this method, all you need to do is swish hydrogen peroxide according to dentist’s advices or as noted in instruction.
Pain of toothache can be relieved wonderfully by using garlic. Having many medicinal properties, garlic contains allicin – a strong anti-microbial agent. It helps kill off the infection that may cause the pain .These methods below are some of useful home remedies for toothache:
Method 1: Chew a garlic clove or put it on the throbbing tooth
- Crush a garlic clove well
- Mix crushed garlic with some black salt or table salt
- If you feel the mixture above is too dry, add some drops of olive oil
- Apply this mixture to the impacted tooth, hold it in your mouth for at least 30 minutes
- Do these steps above several times per day to get its efficiency
- Combine one teaspoon of garlic and one teaspoon of peanut butter
- Put the paste to the impacted tooth
- Let it be for several minutes, then rinse it
- Make solution include 4 cloves of garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and a cup of hot water.
- Let the mixture cool down
- Swish this mixture around the impacted tooth and gum area
- Do these steps above as many times per day as necessary
Tooth diseases and harmful germs can be eliminated by using onion as an effective home treatment for toothache. This ingredient will not only lessen the pain, but also kill off germs which cause the pain. These methods below can help you get rid of all nuisances triggered by toothache:
Method 1: Fresh onions
- Peel and wash onion thoroughly
- Slice onion and use chew slices in 3 minutes to extract its juice
- You can alternatively put onion to the impacted tooth.
Method 2: Fried onions
- Cover fried onions in a small piece of cloth
- Put the wrap of onion in the right wrist if your painful teeth located on the left gum and vice versa
- If the painful teeth situated in the center of gum, apply the bag to either below the thumb joint or any wrists.
10. Salt And Black Pepper
Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of black pepper and salt help this mixture become one of the effective home remedies for toothache pain and swelling. Instant relief will be done when you apply the mixture of ¼ teaspoon of table salt and a pinch of pepper to the impacted tooth.
These methods below are good for people who are suffering from toothache pain and swelling:
Method 1: Soak a cotton ball to vinegar and apply it to the problem tooth
- Swish the solution of 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in 2 minutes and spit it out
- Rinse your mouth by fresh water to remove taste and pain
- Buy a brown bag from grocery store
- Soak a piece of this paper to vinegar
- Dip one side of vinegar-soaking brown paper to black pepper
- Apply this paper to the cheek in order to forget pain feeling
12. Use Right Tools To Brush
By right tools, I mean that you should use right kind of toothpaste and toothbrush for sensitive tooth. About toothpaste, you should consult your doctor’s advice before use any kinds of toothpaste sold on market. And patients with sensitive teeth should use soft-bristled toothbrush.
Alcohol will become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling when you dip a cotton ball to a kind of alcohol such as whiskey, bourbon, brandy or scotch and apply it to the impacted tooth.
Some of the pain caused by toothache can be eliminated by yarrow. To relieve toothache pain by yarrow, all you have to do is put fresh yarrow root or yarrow leaves on gum and painful tooth.
Myrrh can be used to kill germs and eliminate inflammatory in tooth and areas around tooth. Myrrh will become one of worth-trying home remedies for toothache when these following methods are executed:
Method 1: Myrrh powder
- Simmer the mixture of 1 teaspoon of myrrh powder with 2 cups of water in half of an hour
- Pour the mixture to a container through a sieve and let it cool
- Swish the solution of 1 teaspoon of the mixture above and ½ cup of water from 5 to 6 times each day
Method 2: Myrrh essential oil
- Make a kind of paste by adding some drops of myrrh essential oil to a little bit of baking soda
- Brush your teeth by this mixture
16. Home Remedies For Toothache – Fish Oil
Fish oil contains essential fatty acid, which can be used to reduce inflammatory. By this method, all you need to do to be sure that fish oil become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling is taking from 2 to 3 fish oil capsule per day.
Sage can be used as an effective tip among home remedies for toothache pain and swelling introduced here. Take the following steps to make sage tea:
- Boil water and then take it away from heat
- Add 2 teaspoons of fresh sage leaves or dried sage leaves
- Let it steep for 3-5 minutes
- Apply this tea to the painful tooth to relieve pain
You can alternatively apply bagged sage to the cheek over the impacted tooth.
18. Apple Cider Vinegar
What you need to do is shown below:
- Mix ¼ cups of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of distilled water
- You can add a little bit of myrrh oil to increase antiseptic property
- Keep this solution in a glass bottle and swish it everyday
19. Essential Oil Mixture
Anti-bacteria, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties in essential oil are good for toothache patients. Do these steps below to eliminate pain and swelling caused by toothache:
- Make solution consists of 20 drops of peppermint essential oil, 10 drops of orange essential oil, 10 drops of eucalyptus oil and 1 cup of vodka
- Reserve this mixture in a jar with tight cap
- Each time you need to use, mix 1 tablespoon of this mixture with a cup of water
- Rinse and gargle this diluted mixture everyday
20. Home Remedies For Toothache – Herbal Solution
When it comes to home remedies for toothache, you can make use of many kinds of herb with different medicinal properties. Take the following steps:
- Mix these ingredients well in a glass jar: a cup of vodka, a tablespoon of whole cloves, a tablespoon of cinnamons, 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon of anise seeds and 1 teaspoon of licorice root
- Cover the mixture carefully and let it steep in fortnight
- After 2 weeks, remove plants and cap the jar again
- When you need to use, dissolve 1 teaspoon of the mixture above with a cup of water
- Swish this diluted solution and spit it out
21. Guava Leaves
Guava leave juice is also considered as an effective option among home remedies for toothache pain and bacterial infection in mouth and throat. These instructions below are useful for toothache patients:
- Take some guava leaves and wash them thoroughly
- Let them dry and chew from 5-6 guava leaves in order to let its juice heal your aching tooth
Burn some guava leaves and use it as toothpowder for your teeth
- Mix 4-5 guava leaves with boiling water and a little bit of salt
- Swish this mixture regularly to soothe pain triggered by toothache
Anti-oxidants and relieving properties help cucumber be considered as an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling. Do these steps below to get its efficiency:
- Wash cucumber thoroughly and peel it
- Slice cucumber and hold some of them in your impacted teeth
- You can add a little bit of salt to slices of cucumber and then apply to painful teeth
23. Home Remedies For Toothache – Lemon
Lemon have anti-inflammatory properties, which help kick all nuisances triggered by toothache pain and swelling. What you have to do to utilize lemon for curing toothache is:
- Squeeze to extract lemon juice
- Dip a cotton ball to this juice and put it into the painful tooth
- Cut a clove of garlic into small pieces
- Squeeze to take lemon juice from a lemon
- Mix garlic with lemon juice well
- Dip a cotton ball to this solution and apply to the aching tooth
Pain will be soothed and all bacteria will be eliminated whenever you use asafoetida. You need to take these steps below:
- Squeeze to extract lemon juice
- Mix lemon juice with asafoetida well
- Soak a Q-tip to this mixture and put it into the painful tooth
25. Avocado Seed
Anti-oxidants property of avocado seed can assist relieve toothache. All steps below are what you need to do to heal toothache:
- Toast a avocado seed
- Crush it to take powder
- Use this powder to painful tooth with a cotton ball
26. Baking Soda
By this method, what you need to do to have an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling is shown below:
Method 2: Swish the solution made from 1 teaspoon of baking soda and a glass of lukewarm water
Dental decay and toothache can be treated by wheatgrass juice. To extract wheatgrass juice and use it as an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling, you can choose 1 out of 2 ways below:
Method 1: Chew wheatgrass to take its juice and then spit wheatgrass out
Method 2: Swirl a glass of wheat grass juice around your mouth and then swallow it
28. East Indian Rosebay
By this method, all you need to do to get rid of toothache pain and swelling is chewing East Indian rosebay root.
29. Home Remedies For Toothache – Babul
Babul, also known as Acacia Arabica, can be used to discard bleeding gums and tooth decay. What you need to do to treat toothache pain is shown below:
Method 1: Chew fresh bark of babul
- Make a paste of 5 parts of babul wood charcoal, 5 parts of roasted alum and 1 part of rock salt
- Apply the mixture above to the impacted tooth
30. Cold Compress
Ice will be a wonderful home remedy for toothache pain and swelling when you do these methods below:
- Wrap an ice cube in a plastic
- Cover them by a towel
- Apply it on the cheek that have painful tooth
Method 2: You can directly apply an ice cube to the impacted tooth
Method 3: Put your finger to the ice cube and then touch the finger to the sore tooth. Be sure that your finger has to be washed thoroughly before doing this method
- Fill a bowl with ice and water
- Soak your opposite hand of the aching tooth as long as you can stand
31. Vanilla Extract
Alcohol in vanilla extract can kill bacteria cause toothache. Vanilla extract will cure toothache pain and swelling definitely if you apply a vanilla-soaked cotton ball to your sore tooth regularly .
These steps below can help you kick all annoyances caused by toothache:
- Crush bayberry carefully
- Mix it with white vinegar to create a paste
- Dip a cotton ball to this paste and put it to the problem tooth
33. Home Remedy For Toothache – Lime
Vitamin C on lime is good at fighting all germs and bacteria lead to toothache. For relieving toothache, you should bite on a slice of lime. You can also chew on the lime with peel.
34. Home Remedies For Toothache – Turmeric
Antimicrobial, antiseptic and antioxidants properties of turmeric make it become an effective home remedy for toothache. Toothache pain and swelling is just eliminated by turmeric when you do the following methods:
Method 1: Potent turmeric toothpaste
- Make a mixture include 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1-2 drops of peppermint oil
- Use this paste as toothpaste everyday to have white and pain-free teeth
- Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with fresh water
- Put a cotton ball into this paste and apply to the impacted tooth
35. Tea Tree Oil
Swelling in the gums, nerve can be calmed and fall into gums to kick all the bacteria causes toothache. These home remedies for toothache below can help you:
Dip a cotton ball to tea tree oil and then apply to the swelling and painful tooth
- Make a solution consists of 10-15 drops of tea tree oil and lukewarm water
- Swish this solution 3 times a day
- Make a paste from 1 teaspoon of turmeric, ½ teaspoon of salt and mustard oil
- Cover the painful area with this mixture
- Mix 1-2 drops of tea tree oil with ½ teaspoons of aloe vera gel
- Apply this mixture to the impacted tooth, don’t swallow it
Thyme can be used to combat pain caused by toothache very well thanks to its antifungal and antiseptic properties. The effective ways to treat toothache pain and swelling by thyme are shown below:
Method 1: Thyme Tea
- Mix 1 teaspoon of dried thyme with a cup of lukewarm water. In this step, you can also use thyme bag alternatively
- You can add a little bit of honey to taste
- Drink this tea twice a day
Method 2: fresh thyme leave
The best way to use thyme leave as a home remedy for toothache pain and swelling is chewing it after meal, in the non-impacted tooth in order to avoid leaves get into the impacted teeth and make it worse.
Method 3: Thyme oil
With thyme oil, you can choose one of 2 ways below:
- The first way is swirling the mixture of a few drops of thyme oil with fresh water.
- The remaining way is rubbing a little bit of thyme oil around the impacted tooth.
37. Plantain Leaves
With it natural medical property, plantain leaves has ability to treat toothache. What you should do to have an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling is 2 steps below. First, chew some plantain leaves until they are pasty. After that, hold them against the aching tooth.
Swelling and excess moisture can be reduced by potato. These steps below are what you should do to get rid of toothache pain and swelling:
- Wash potato carefully by fresh water
- Biting a slice of fresh potato and keep it in your painful tooth form 10 to 15 minutes
- Use the remaining potato slices to carry out this processes many times each day
- Cush potato and mix well with sea salt
- Apply this combination to the aching tooth
39. Home Remedies For Toothache – Sweet Marjoram
Marjoram can help alleviate bleeding gums. By this method, you should use marjoram as an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling by dipping a Q-tip to sweet marjoram oil and apply to the problem tooth.
You can make sesame become a must-try option among home remedies for toothache by sesame with 2 ways below:
Method 1: Sesame seeds
- Boil sesame seeds in water with the ration of 1:3
- Let the resulting brew cool
- Put this solution directly to the aching tooth
Method 2: Sesame oil
Rub some sesame oil on the gum, over the aching tooth
41. Oregano Oil
Not only does oregano oil kills off the bacterial triggering pain, but it also possesses analgesic as well as anti-inflammatory properties that will alleviate the swelling and pain associated with toothache. Carvacrol is a component responsible for this effect  .
These methods are what you need to do to use up function of oregano oil in treating toothache pain and swelling:
Method 1: Dipping a cotton ball to oregano oil and put it into the painful tooth.
- Mix oregano oil with olive oil
- Dip floss to this mixture and move it through painful tooth from 2-3 days
42. Lavender Oil
Use a dab of this neat oil to put on the face and jaw to ease the pain and distress of a toothache.
- Don’t do this method if you are in hay fever or asthma to avoid allergy.
43. Peppermint Leaves
Peppermint has anti-inflammatory property. This feature can help eliminate swelling and soreness caused by toothache. These methods below are useful for toothache patients:
Chew some fresh peppermint leaves to relieve toothache pain
Method 2: peppermint tea
- Combine 1 teaspoon of fresh peppermint leave with warm water
- Let it steep for 20 minutes
- Let the tea cool
- Swish it in your mouth and then remove it
- Repeat this process regularly
Method 3: Dip a Q-tip on peppermint oil and hold it in the painful tooth
44. Home Remedies For Toothache – Activated Charcoal
Activated charcoal has ability to remove toxins. These steps below can make activated charcoal become an effective home remedy for toothache pain and swelling:
- Make a paste from 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal and water
- Put some of this mixture to a piece of gauze
- Place the gauze in the aching area and bite down
- Let it be for 5 minutes
- Discard the gauze and rinse your mouth by fresh water
- Repeat these steps above 3-4 times a day
45. Blackstrap Molasses
Black strap molasses is rich in magnesium and calcium, which is good for tooth regeneration and repairing. You can either keep an enough amount of organic blackstrap molasses in your mouth or cover your gums by some of the molasses. You won’t feel pain in some hours after that.
46. Home Remedies For Toothache – Colloidal Silver
Thanks to its antibiotic, anti-fungal, antimicrobial properties, colloidal silver is also known as among powerful home remedies for toothache. Take the following steps to make use of colloidal silver:
Method 1: Spray 2 squirts of colloidal silver each day
Method 2: Colloidal silver, salt water and oregano essential oil
This is one of the wonderful combinations for toothache triggered by tooth abscess and other kinds of infection . To cure toothache, what you should do is:
- Put some drops of oregano oil under your tongue and let it be for several minutes
- Spit the oregano oil out and swirl colloidal silver in the whole mouth and washing from 3 to 4 times.
- While swishing colloidal silver, gargle with the solution of lukewarm water and sea salt
The speed of curing toothache by using Echinacea depends on the time you catch toothache. If you catch toothache early, after from 1-2 days using Echinacea, all symptoms of toothache will disappear. There are 2 home remedies for toothache you can use for treating toothache by Echinacea:
Method 1: Combination of Echinacea with aloe
- Take the powder inside Echinacea capsules by opening the cover
- Mix this powder with enough amount of aloe vera to make a kind of paste
- Apply this paste to the as many times as necessary
Method 2: Echinacea tincture
Take from 1-2 tablespoons of Echinacea tincture to the painful tooth 4 times a day
You can choose one of those remedies for toothache pain and swelling below:
Method 1: Apply a piece of goldenseal to your aching tooth and keep it as long as you can to utilize all of its function.
Method 2: Goldenseal tea
- Boil 1 teaspoon of goldenseal leaves or root powder in 8 oz of water from 15-20 minutes
- Discard goldenseal powder or leaves
- Add a little bit of raw honey to taste
- Swish the liquid above regularly
- This remedy is not appropriate for pregnant and breastfeeding women. A potentially dangerous chemical can come through breast milk or placenta
- Newly born babies and children can’t use goldenseal. Brain damage will happen when you let newly born babies use goldenseal.
- Stop using goldenseal if your mouth and throat are irritate, skin is burn and have respiratory problems
- Consult your physician if you are using some other medicines
49. White Oak Powder
This powder can protect your gums and teeth from any kinds of surgery. Mix white oak bark powder with toothpaste and brush your teeth with this mixture twice a day. After that, spit the residual and saliva out but don’t rinse your mouth by fresh water.
50. Home Remedies For Toothache – Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is reckoned one of natural home remedies for toothache pain because of its antibacterial, anti-fungal and antimicrobial properties. To cure toothache by using eucalyptus oil, what you should do is:
- Mix some eucalyptus leaves with boiling water
- Let it cool
- Swirl and gargle this solution as many times as needed everyday
This familiar vegetable in every kitchen has antibacterial property. Chew some fresh coriander leaves or take some coriander powder with water will make all toothache symptoms stay away from you.
- If you are in pregnant and breastfeeding, don’t use coriander.
- Low blood pressure patients mustn’t use coriander as it can lower blood pressure.
- Coriander shouldn’t be used before surgery schedule at least 2 weeks.
- If you are allergic with aniseed, mugwort, fennel, don’t use coriander.
52. Burdock Roots
By this method, you should boil burdock roots in water and then using this liquid to swish everyday to cure toothache.
- Pregnant women mustn’t use this tea because burdock roots have laxative can stimulate bowel and uterus.
- Don’t use this tea while you are using some other kinds of medicines as burdock roots react with some kinds of medicines.
- This tea is not appropriate with diabetic or hypoglycemic patients as it may cause surge in blood sugar level.
In short, top above-mentioned home remedies for toothache pain and swelling are claimed to be able to reduce the symptoms of toothache. Pick some of them and replace them when treating toothache to see how effective they are. If you have any contributions to this article “Top 90 Effective Home Remedies For Toothache Pain And Swelling” introduced in Home Remedies Categories, please feel free to drop words under this post. We will reply as soon as we can.