Your eyes are very important. There is a say that “Eyes are the window to the soul”. The inner beauty of a person is gently shown through their eyes. Thus, bright and sparkling eyes are really charming whereas bloodshot or tired eyes indicate fatigue and illness.
It is a dream of all of us to have healthy eyes without eye problems. But, not everyone has such eyes. Lifeless, dull and bloodshot eyes could be because of many factors, such as health problems, lack of sleep, fatigue, over using computer, excessive drinking, smoking, dehydration, long working hours nutritional deficiency, etc. Fortunately, there are some tips that you can do at home to get clear and sparkling eyes by using natural ingredients without side effects. This article from TrueRemedies.com will show you 28 of the best tips on how to get clear eyes fast and naturally without eye drops. Have a look!
How To Get Clear Eyes Fast And Naturally Without Eye Drops – 28 Best Tips
1. Eye Exercises
This is considered the best tip on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops. There are many easy ways to relax and light up your eyes which can improve the blood circulation and ease off tired eyes. Here are some exercises you can apply to your eyes:
Exercise 1: This exercise will help you eyes both look and feel bright and fresh.
- Shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly
- Open them rapidly as wide as you could
- Repeat this routine till your eyes start to water
Exercise 2: Palming
It is the best to “palm” your eyes whilst lying on the floor or sitting, with your elbows propped on the cushioned surface. Remember the lengthier and more frequent periods of palming, the more likely you are exercising your eyes to decrease muscle tension, with lots of subsequent benefit to your sight.
- Close the eyes, cover them with the palms gently, crossing your hands’ fingers together
- Visual a pleasant memory to ease your mind whilst keeping your neck and shoulders relaxed
Note: While closing your eyes, ideally you will see a space of intense blackness indicating a state of perfect relaxation. But, do not try to focus on seeing the blackness as this may put stress on your eyes.
Exercise 3: Swinging
The whole body exercise will improve vision, relieve stress and fatigue, and increase the mobility of your eyes.
What you have to do is:
- Stand looking straight ahead with feet positioned 12 inches apart
- Rotate your body to the left, putting your weight on your left foot whilst allowing your right heel to rinse from the ground
- Remain your neck and shoulders straight
- Swing to the opposite side, shift your weight to the other foot, and your eyes will cover a 180 ° arc.
- Do not try to focus your sight on anything
- Make approximately 30 of these “arcs” each minute
- Do this routine twice per day, swing from side to side 100 times
By practicing this exercise before your bedtime, you will be able to prevent eyestrain from happening during your sleep.
Exercise 4: Blinking
Make a habit of effortless, frequent blinking. This will give you two effects:
- Lubricating and cleansing your eyes with tears
- Resting and relaxing eye muscles
- Move a pencil or pen horizontally and vertically right in front of your eyes
- Keep the eyes focused on the tip of that pen
- Do it for 10-15 minutes
2. How To Get Clear Eyes – Tea Bag
Green tea mixed drink is one of the best tricks on how to get clear eyes naturally. Green tea bags are also handy home remedies for dark circles under eyes that can help relax and soothe your tired eyes  . You can use both green tea and black tea because they all have bioflavonoids. The tea bag will help reduce inflammation and bacteria. Just simply take the steps here:
- Place wet green tea bag in the fridge to chill
- Take a cotton ball to apply a little bit olive oil on your eyes
- Remove the tea bags from the fridge after several minutes
- Place them on your eyes while relaxing on the flat surface
- Wait for 10 minutes and wash your face
- Moisturize as normal after that
This list of methods on how to get clear eyes will not complete without the inclusion of raw milk. Cold milk, one of the most nourishing methods for bright, sparkling eyes, can reduce tiredness and puffiness of your eyes . In case you feel that your eyes are looking tired, then you should not skip this tip.
- Take a cup of ice cold milk
- Throw some cotton balls into the solution and wait for a minute to let them soak
- Choose a relaxed position and lie down, place a towel under the head, close your eyes tightly
- Place the soaked cotton balls onto your eyes for 10-15 minutes
- Wash the face and moisturize as normal
You can also take advantage of cucumber for soothing tired and dull eyes by using cucumber slices. Thanks to the high water content in this plant, it can brighten up your tired eyes and reduce dark circles under eyes as well as eye puffiness.
Take the following steps:
- Cut several thick slices of a fresh cucumber
- Put them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Then, place them over your closed eyelids till they get warm
- Wash the eyes with plain water
- Repeat this routine as necessary
5. How To Get Clear Eyes – Rose Water
Rose water is particularly considered good in regard to soothing eyes. The healing property of rose water makes it ideal for eye care  . Besides, with antibacterial and antiseptic properties, rose water can protect your eyes from pollutant, inflammation, redness of eye and harmful ingredients of beauty and make up products. In addition, rose water is also an excellent eye wash. It can reduce fatigue and stress that a person feels after sitting for many hours in front of TV and computer screens, not to mention reduce dark circles under eyes. In order to make use of rose water for eyes:
- Take 2 cotton balls
- Dip cotton balls in the ample rose water
- Place them over your eyes for 15 minutes to reap its benefits.
You had better avoid staring at the computer or TV screen for a too long period of time. In case you cannot avoid using them, you should keep your eyes hydrated for appropriate lubrication.
- Splash some clean room-temperature water over your eyes several times per day to help reduce your dull and tired eyes
- Blink often to prevent the eyes from drying out
- Take lots of water and consume water-based fruits and veggies
7. Eye Massage
Massaging your eyes is a good solution on how to get clear eyes. By gently massaging, you are improving blood circulation to your eyes, thereby reducing eye strain and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Put some drops of coconut oil and olive oil on your fingers
- Take your fingers to massage gently the inner corners of your eyes, the center and the outer area of your brows, and below the eye
- Do this daily massage at least once per day
8. How To Get Clear Eyes – Potatoes
Similar to cucumber, the rich content of water of potatoes can reduce the puffiness around your eyes. Also, it is an effective home treatment for under eye dark circles. Potatoes, on the other hand, have a high amount of potassium and vitamin C. The potassium can keep your body’s fluids balanced and the skin will absorb anything on it. As a result, you will have healthy and bright eyes.
- Take a potato stored in the fridge for more than 2 hours
- Cut it into thick slices and place them onto your eyes while resting
- Wait for 10 minutes till the slices get warm
- Change them if you want to get more relaxing effect from potatoes
- Wash it off after that
9. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are used for beauty purposes are rather popular. This is an old Indian eye remedy or sparkling and healthy eyes. You should use mint leaves, almond oil, and honey together for energizing and healing your eyes. That way, your eyes will look lovely and bright daily.
- Put some crushed mint leaves in the small bowl.
- Add water to create a good paste, followed by almond oil and honey
- Place the mixture over your eyes before your bedtime
10. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
It is shown that amla is a good solution for those who are looking for ways on how to get clear eyes without eye drops, according to Ayurveda. Thanks to the high content of vitamin A and C along with the ability to strengthen the eye muscles, amla can lessen problems like redness, itching and watering.
What you have to do is:
- Take 1 teaspoon of amla powder and put it in a cup of filtered water
- Leave it there till the next morning
- Strain the water using a muslin cloth and add 1 cup of water again
- Then, splash your eyes with this water
- Do this once per day in the morning
Alternatively, you could put 2 teaspoons of amla juice in ½ cup of water, have this solution each morning. Or, you can eat fresh amla daily to get more benefits of this fruit.
11. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil, an old hair fall treatment, can also relieve strained and tired eyes. It is calming and healing for the skin around eyes as well. All you have to do is:
- Mix 1 drop of lavender essential oil with ½ liter of distilled water
- Dip a cotton pad in this solution
- Place a pad on each of your eyes
- Wait there for 20 minutes to remove
12. How To Get Clear Eyes – Honey And Cardamom
The combination of honey and cardamom will strengthen your eyesight. By mixing several seeds of cardamom with 1 tablespoon of honey, you have a solution for clear eyes. Just simply apply this mixture over your eyes daily in the morning and rinse it off with cold water after 30 minutes to take enough its benefits of eyes.
Many studies have shown that turmeric compounds can help treat some common eye conditions, including glaucoma, AMD, cataracts, pink eyes, and even prevent blindness. The active ingredient in turmeric named curcumin is an effective antioxidant which can be beneficial for treating and preventing some forms of retinitis pigmentosa. Turmeric is available in many forms, such as spice, capsules and liquids. With this ingredient you can gain brighter eyes in a short amount of time. Also, turmeric is useful for boosting the skin tone and complexion, making it one of effective dark circles treatments as well. Take the steps below to make use of turmeric:
- Take a big piece of turmeric
- After washing it, soak it in a proper amount of lemon juice
- Put it in a glass bowl, then cover it for about 1 month
- After that, take the turmeric to grind with 1 cup of rose water
- Strain out this juice and use it as an eye drop.
This solution will give you sparkling and bright eyes.
14. Fennel Seeds
Not only are fennel seeds a common ingredient in our kitchen, but they are also famous for their health benefits, particularly in treating indigestion  . Besides, it is also an effective solution for improving eye health. Fennel is helpful in improving eye vision and it could be used as a natural eye cleanser. In order to prepare the eye cleansing solution made from fennel, you need to do these instructions:
- Boil 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds in 2 cups of water
- After the water is decreased to ½ of its original volume, cool down and strain the liquid
- Use the solution as an eye cleanser for 2-3 times per week
15. Almonds And Milk
One of the healthiest nuts in the world is almonds. They have multiple health benefits because of their rich contents of vitamin E and antioxidants which can improve skin tone and regenerate the development of new skin cells. As a result, it helps lighten the dark circles naturally. For clear eyes, you can take the steps below:
- Soak 5-6 almonds in water
- Peel and crush them before adding 1 teaspoon of milk into
- Mix them well and apply the pack around your own eyes
- Massage for 2-3 minutes gently in circular motions
- Wait for 30 minutes to wash it off with water to get bright and lively eyes
16. How To Get Clear Eyes – Coconut Oil
To get the best result, you should use extra-virgin coconut oil. It is not necessary for us to emphasize the benefits of coconut oil for health and beauty. The use of this essential oil for hair and skin is renowned. Also, it reduces puffiness around the eyes, not to mention wrinkles and fine lines. Due to the nutrients present in this oil, it can revive and rejuvenate delicate skin around your eyes and give your eyes a smooth texture.
What is appreciated the most about this method is that it is very simple to do. You just need some extra-virgin coconut oil and pour it into your palm, apply it around your eyes. Gently massage it with your fingers and wait for 2-3 hours to wash it off with water.
17. Drink Juice
One of the tastiest tips on how to get clear eyes is to drink juice. This will not only improve your skin, hair and overall health, but also help you get clear, bright eyes in a natural way.
Increase your intake of vitamin A and C and make it your daily routine. Such vitamins will help brighten the white around the pupil. It is better to make your homemade fresh juice daily, be it carrot juice, orange juice, or lemon juice.
18. Warm Compress
In order to decrease eye strain and soothe your dull and dry eyes, you can carry out the method of warm compress. The warm temperature will relax your eyes’ muscles and help in restoring natural expression .
Take the steps here:
- Dip a soft cloth in warm water, then wring out the excess water
- Place it over your closed eyelids for about 1 minute
- Repeat this routine 3-4 times
- Do this treatment daily for 2 weeks or so to see good results
19. Have Sound Sleep
For all of us, sleep is very important, for our overall health and our eyes as well. When we sleep from 6-8 hours per night, we will wake up with sparkling and bright eyes. Sleep deprivation will make you eyes look dull, tired and droopy. Furthermore, it also contributes to puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. In order to enjoy sound sleep, you should:
- Go to bed on a stable schedule, wake up early and at the same time each morning
- Sleep in the well-ventilated room with little or even no noise.
- Do not have a heavy drinking or meal before your bedtime.
20. How To Get Clear Eyes – Aloe Vera
Another way on how to get clear eyes is using aloe vera gel. In fact, aloe vera is an effective ingredient in decreasing the redness and itching from your eyes. Also, people use it for dealing it with dry skin, eliminating dead skin cells, and lessening itching burns on their skin . What you need to do to use aloe vera gel for clear eyes is:
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract its gel
- Apply it over the surrounding area of your eyes
- Massage for 5 minutes or so to let it be absorbed by your skin
- Wait for another 20 minutes and wash it off with clean water
- Moisturize your skin as usual
21. Cold Compress
The use of cold compress for puffy and swollen eye is famous, but it also works to make the eyes brighter. Take a bowl to fill it with cold water plus with ice. Next, soak a cloth into till it is well saturated. Wring out the excess water, place it over your closed eyes for 5 minutes or so. Repeat this routine a few times per day. As a result, you will notice a reduction in the fluid retention and redness of your eyes.
Take advantage of carrots if you want to get brighter and clearer eyes. They are rich in vitamin A and C, which are beneficial for eye health. It will also prevent the buildup of foreign debris in your eyes. Therefore, add carrots to your daily diet to know how to get clear eyes without eye drops. But, do not overuse this fruit because abundance in vitamin A is also not good.
Strawberries stored in the refrigerator are a great treat on a summer day. It is reckoned one of the best anti-aging fruits thanks to a large content of antioxidants. Furthermore, this fruit also has alpha-hydroxy that is the same ingredient available in some expensive creams for face. However, most of us do not acknowledge its benefits on relieving eyes strain. Strawberries can help your eyes appear healthy and brighter.
- Take a few frozen strawberries to remove the top and cut them into slices.
- Place them under your eyes and wait for 5 minutes
- Wash and moisturize your facial skin after that
24. Dietary Amino Acids
It is shown that the foods you consume on a regular basis have a strong impact on your body parts, including your skin and eyes. Thus, making healthy food choices is a very important step to a better life. But, in addition to choosing natural foods for your health, knowing how to use supplements the right way is not an abundant idea. To get clear eyes, you can think of using dietary amino acids. The modified form of amino acid cysteine called “N-Acetyl Cysteine” is claimed to help our bodies create antioxidants and loosen the secretions that block our eyes and result in redness in blepharitis.
According to health experts, you can take about 100 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine for 3 times per day for approximately 8 weeks to get the most benefits for your health.
How To Get Clear Eyes – Extra Tips
- Do not take alcohol or salty foods because they might contribute to fluid retention, leading to puffy, tired and swollen eyes
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, make sure that you visit a specialist on a regularly basis for check-ups.
- If possible, remove contact lenses or glasses to let your eyes relax
- Avoid allergens because they might make your eyes look puffy and bloodshot
- Do not go out in the sun because you tend to squint your eyes in the bright sunlight. It makes your eyes strained and tired. Instead wear sunglasses if you have to go out in the sun.
- Do not read in inadequate lighting because it will strain your eyes.
- Do not over-expose your eyes to electronic media screens such as TV, computer, or iPad if possible
- Eat foods that are good for your eyes, such as carrots, limes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, spinach, squash, oranges, guavas, and papaya.
- Exercise regularly and make healthy habits to have a stress-free life. That also helps you get healthier eyes.
There, you have discovered top 28 out of the best tips on how to get clear eyes fast and naturally without eye drops. This article aims to equip you with necessary information to help you plan your lifestyle for a better well-being and overall health. This will indirectly help you get clear, bright eyes effectively. If you have any comments about this article, feel free to leave your ideas under the entry. We appreciate and will feedback as soon as we could. For further information about other topics of “how to do something”, visit our How To Page.