Your eyes are very important. There is a say that “Eyes are the window to the soul.” The inner beauty of a person is gently shown through their eyes. Thus, bright and sparkling eyes are really charming, while bloodshot or tired eyes indicate fatigue and illness. It is a dream of all of us to have healthy eyes without eye problems. But, not everyone has such eyes. Lifeless, dull and bloodshot eyes may result from many factors, such as health problems, lack of sleep, fatigue, overusing computer, excessive drinking, smoking, dehydration, long working hours, nutritional deficiency, etc. Fortunately, there are some tips that you can do at home to get clear and sparkling eyes naturally without side effects. This article will show you 28 of the best tips on how to get clear eyes fast and naturally without eye drops. Have a look!
- 32 Home Remedies For Itchy Eyes In Infants, Toddlers & Adults
- 19 Natural Home Remedies For Sore Eyes In Infants, Toddlers & Adults
- 16 Natural Home Remedies For Aching Eyes Treatment
28 Good Tips On How To Get Clear Eyes Fast And Naturally Without Eye Drops
1. Eye Exercises
This is considered the best tip on how to get clear eyes naturally without eye drops. There are many easy ways to relax and light up your eyes. These eye exercises may help improve blood circulation and relieve tired eyes. Here are some exercises you can apply to your eyes:
This exercise will help your eyes look bright and fresh.
- Shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly
- Open them rapidly as wide as you could
- Repeat this routine until your eyes start to be watery
Exercise 2: Palming
It is the best to “palming” your eyes while lying on the floor or sitting, with your elbows propped on the ground. Remember that the longer and more frequent periods of palming, the more likely you are exercising your eyes to decrease muscle tension, with lots of benefits to your eyesight.
- Close the eyes, cover them with the palms gently, crossing your hands together
- Imagine a pleasant memory to ease your mind while keeping your neck and shoulders relaxed
Note: While closing your eyes, you will see a space of intense blackness indicating a state of perfect relaxation. But, do not try to focus on seeing the black space as this may put stress on your eyes.
Exercise 3: Swinging
The whole body exercise will improve vision, relieve stress and fatigue, and increase the mobility of your eyes.
- Stand looking straight ahead with your legs about 12 inches apart
- Rotate your body to the left, putting your weight on your left foot while lifting your right heel from the ground
- Remain your neck and shoulders straight
- Swing to the opposite side, shift your weight to the other foot, and your eyes will cover a 180 ° angle.
- Do not try to focus your sight on anything
- Make approximately 30 of these “angles” each minute
- Do this routine twice per day, swing from side to side 100 times
By practicing this exercise before your bedtime, you will be able to prevent eye strain during your sleep.
Exercise 4: Blinking
Make a habit of frequent blinking. This will give you two effects:
- Lubricating and cleansing your eyes with tears
- Resting and relaxing eye muscles
- Move a pencil or pen horizontally and vertically right in front of your eyes
- Keep the eyes focused on the tip of that pen
- Do it for 10-15 minutes
2. Tea Bag
Green tea bags are also handy home remedies for dark circles under eyes that may help relax and soothe your tired eyes. You can use both green tea and black tea because they all have flavonoids. The tea bag will help reduce inflammation and harmful bacteria.
- Place wet green tea bags in the fridge
- Take a cotton ball to apply a little bit of olive oil to your eyes
- Remove the tea bags from the fridge after several minutes
- Place them on your eyes while relaxing on the flat surface
- Wait for 10 minutes and wash your face
- Moisturize as normal after that
This list of methods on how to get clear eyes will not complete without the inclusion of raw milk. Cold milk, one of the most nourishing methods for bright, sparkling eyes, may reduce tiredness and puffiness of your eyes. Milk provides the body with vitamin A that is an essential nutrient for healthy eyes. Vitamin A maintains the health of the retinas, the tissue in the eyes that detects color and light. In case you feel that your eyes are looking tired, then you should not skip this tip.
- Take a cup of cold milk
- Throw some cotton balls into the solution and wait for a minute to let them soak
- Choose a relaxed position and lie down, place a towel under the head, and close your eyes tightly
- Place the soaked cotton balls on your eyes for 10-15 minutes
- Wash the face and moisturize as normal
You can also take advantage of cucumber for soothing tired, and dull eyes by using cucumber slices. Thanks to the high water content in this plant, it may brighten up your tired eyes and reduce dark circles under eyes and eye puffiness.
- Cut several thick slices of a fresh cucumber
- Put them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- Then, place them on your closed eyelids till they get warm
- Wash the eyes with plain water
- Repeat this routine as necessary
5. How To Get Clear Eyes – Rose Water
Rose water is particularly considered good for soothing eyes. The healing property of rose water makes it ideal for eye care. Besides, thanks to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, rose water may protect your eyes from pollutants, inflammation, redness, and harmful ingredients of beauty and makeup products. In addition, rose water is also an excellent eyewash. It may help to reduce fatigue and stress after sitting for many hours in front of TV and computer monitor and relieve dark circles under eyes.
- Take 2 cotton balls
- Dip cotton balls in the ample rose water
- Place them on your eyes for 15 minutes to reap its benefits.
You had better avoid staring at the computer or TV screen for a too long period of time. In case you cannot avoid using them, you should keep your eyes hydrated for appropriate lubrication.
- Splash some clean water at room temperature on your eyes several times per day to help reduce your dull and tired eyes
- Blink often to prevent the eyes from drying out
- Drink plenty of water and consume water-based fruits and veggies
7. Eye Massage
- Put some drops of coconut oil and olive oil on your fingers
- Take your fingers to gently massage the inner corners of your eyes, the center and the outer area of your brows, and below the eyes
- Massage your eyes daily
8. How To Get Clear Eyes – Potatoes
Similar to cucumber, the rich content of water of potatoes may reduce the puffiness around your eyes. Also, it is an effective home treatment for under eye dark circles. Potatoes, on the other hand, have a high amount of potassium and vitamin C. The potassium may keep your body’s fluids balanced, and the skin will absorb anything on it. As a result, you will have healthy and bright eyes.
- Take a potato stored in the fridge for more than 2 hours
- Cut it into thick slices and place them on your eyes while resting
- Wait for 10 minutes till the slices get warm
- Change them if you want to get more relaxing effects from potatoes
- Wash it off after that
9. Mint Leaves
Mint leaves are used for beauty purposes. This is an old Indian remedy for sparkling and healthy eyes. You should use mint leaves, almond oil, and honey for energizing and healing your eyes. As a result, your eyes will look lovely and bright daily. Mint is an excellent source of vitamin A that is critical for the health of your eyes and night vision.
- Put some crushed mint leaves in the small bowl.
- Add water to create a good paste, followed by almond oil and honey
- Place the mixture on your eyes before your bedtime
10. Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
It is shown that amla is a good solution for those who are looking for ways on how to get clear eyes without eye drops, according to Ayurveda. Thanks to the high content of vitamin A and C along with the ability to strengthen the eye muscles, amla may lessen problems such as red eyes, itching eyes, and watering eyes.
- Take 1 teaspoon of amla powder and put it in a cup of filtered water
- Leave it there till the next morning
- Strain the water with a muslin cloth and add 1 cup of water to it
- Then, splash your eyes with this water
- Do this once per day in the morning
Alternatively, you could put 2 teaspoons of amla juice in ½ cup of water and have this solution each morning. Or, you can eat fresh amla daily to get more benefits of this fruit.
11. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil, an old treatment for hair fall, may also relieve eye strain. It helps to calm and heal the skin around your eyes.
- Mix 1 drop of lavender essential oil with ½ liter of distilled water
- Dip cotton pads in this solution
- Place the pads on each of your eyes
- Wait there for 20 minutes and remove them off
12. Honey And Cardamom
The combination of honey and cardamom will strengthen your eyesight. Traditionally, cardamom is commonly used in therapies that help promote eye health. It is a spice that has been utilized to treat blurred vision by boosting proper blood circulation to your eyes. By mixing several seeds of cardamom with 1 tablespoon of honey, you have a solution for clear eyes. Apply this mixture to your eyes daily in the morning and rinse it off with cold water after 30 minutes to take its benefits for the eyes.
Many studies have shown that turmeric compounds may help treat some common eye problems, including glaucoma, AMD, cataracts, pink eyes, and even prevent blindness. The active ingredient in turmeric named curcumin is an effective antioxidant which may be beneficial for treating and preventing some forms of retinitis pigmentosa. Turmeric is available in many forms, such as spice, capsules, and liquids. With this ingredient, you can gain brighter eyes in a short period of time. Also, turmeric is useful for boosting the skin tone and complexion, making it one of the effective treatments for dark circles.
- Take a big piece of turmeric
- After washing it, soak it in a proper amount of lemon juice
- Put it in a glass bowl, and then cover it for about 1 month
- After that, grind the turmeric with 1 cup of rose water
- Strain out this juice and use it as an eye drop.
This solution will give you sparkling and bright eyes.
14. Fennel Seeds
Not only are fennel seeds, a common ingredient in our kitchen, but they are also famous for their health benefits, particularly in treating indigestion. Besides, it is also an effective solution for improving eye health. Fennel is helpful in improving eye vision, and it could be used as a natural eye cleanser.
- Boil 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds in 2 cups of water
- After the water is decreased to ½ of its original volume, cool down and strain the liquid
- Use the solution as an eye cleanser for 2-3 times per week
15. Almonds And Milk
One of the healthiest nuts in the world is almonds. They have multiple health benefits because of their rich contents of vitamin E and antioxidants, which may improve skin tone and regenerate new skin cells. As a result, it helps lighten the dark circles naturally. For clear eyes, you can take the steps below:
- Soak 5-6 almonds in water
- Peel and crush them before adding 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix them well and apply the pack around your eyes
- Massage for 2-3 minutes gently in circular motions
- Wait for 30 minutes to wash it off with water to get bright and lively eyes
16. Coconut Oil
To get the best result, you should use extra-virgin coconut oil. It is not necessary for us to emphasize the benefits of coconut oil for health and beauty. The use of this essential oil for hair and skin is renowned. Also, it reduces puffiness around the eyes, wrinkles, and fine lines. Due to the nutrients present in this oil, it may revive and rejuvenate the delicate skin around your eyes and give your eyes a smooth texture.
You need some extra-virgin coconut oil and pour it into your palm, apply it around your eyes. Gently massage it with your fingers and wait for 2-3 hours to wash it off with water.
17. Drink Juice
One of the tastiest tips on how to get clear eyes is to drink the juice. This will not only improve your skin, hair, and overall health but also help you get clear, bright eyes naturally.
Increase your intake of vitamin A and C and make it your daily routine. Such vitamins will help improve your skin around your eyes and eye health. It is better to make your homemade fresh juice daily, such as carrot juice, orange juice, or lemon juice.
18. Warm Compress
In order to decrease eye strain and soothe your dull and dry eyes, you can carry out the method of a warm compress. The warm temperature will relax your eye muscles and help to deal with many eye problems.
- Dip a soft cloth in warm water and then wring out the excess water
- Place it on your closed eyelids for about 1 minute
- Repeat this routine 3-4 times
- Do this treatment daily for 2 weeks or more to see good results
19. Have Sound Sleep
For all of us, sleep is very important for our overall health and our eyes as well. When we sleep from 6-8 hours per night, we will wake up with sparkling and bright eyes. Sleep deprivation will make your eyes look dull, tired, and droopy. Furthermore, it contributes to puffiness and dark circles under your eyes. To enjoy sound sleep, you should:
- Go to bed on a stable schedule and wake up early and at the same time each morning
- Sleep in the well-ventilated room with little or even no noise.
- Do not have heavy drinking or meal before your bedtime.
20. Aloe Vera
In fact, aloe vera is an effective ingredient in decreasing the redness and itching from your eyes. Also, people use it for dealing with dry skin, eliminating dead skin cells, and lessening itching burns on their skin. Aloe vera may be used to treat inflammations and many other problems of external parts of eyes such as the cornea.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf to extract its gel
- Apply it to the surrounding area of your eyes
- Massage for 5 minutes or more to let it absorb into your skin
- Wait for another 20 minutes and wash it off with clean water
- Moisturize your skin as usual
21. Cold Compress
The use of cold compress for puffy and swollen eye removal is famous, but it also works to make the eyes brighter. Take a bowl to fill it with cold water and ice cubes. Next, soak a cloth into the bowl till it is well saturated. Wring out the excess water and place it on your closed eyes for 5 minutes or so. Repeat this routine a few times per day. As a result, you will notice a reduction in the fluid retention and redness of your eyes.
Take advantage of carrots if you want to get brighter and clearer eyes. They are rich in vitamin A and C, which are beneficial for eye health. It will also prevent the buildup of foreign debris in your eyes. Therefore, add carrots to your daily diet to get clear eyes without eye drops. But, do not overuse this fruit because an excess of vitamin A is also not good for your health.
Strawberries stored in the refrigerator are a great treatment for eye fatigue on summer days. It is reckoned one of the best anti-aging fruits thanks to a large content of antioxidants. Furthermore, this fruit also has alpha-hydroxy that is the same ingredient available in some expensive creams for the face. However, most of us do not know its benefits on relieving eyes strain. Strawberries may help your eyes appear healthy and brighter.
- Take a few frozen strawberries to remove the top and cut them into slices.
- Place them under your eyes and wait for 5 minutes
- Wash and moisturize your facial skin after that
24. Dietary Amino Acids
It is shown that the foods you consume on a regular basis have a strong impact on your body parts, including your skin and eyes. Thus, making healthy food choices is a very important step to a better life. But, in addition to choosing natural foods for your health, knowing how to use supplements the right way is not a common idea. To get clear eyes, you can think of using dietary amino acids. The modified form of amino acid cysteine called “N-Acetyl Cysteine” is claimed to help our bodies create antioxidants and loosen the secretions that are not good for our eyes, resulting in redness in blepharitis. These amino acids are also worth carrying on further study for promoting dietary approaches to reduce blood pressure.
According to health experts, you can take about 100 mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine for 3 times per day for approximately 8 weeks to get benefits for your health.
- Do not take alcohol or salty foods because they might contribute to fluid retention, leading to puffy, tired, and swollen eyes
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, make sure that you visit a specialist on a regular basis for check-ups.
- If possible, remove contact lenses or glasses to let your eyes relax
- Avoid allergens because they might make your eyes look puffy and bloodshot
- Do not go out in the sun because you tend to squint your eyes in the bright sunlight. It makes your eyes strained and tired. Instead, wear sunglasses if you have to go out in the sun.
- Do not read in inadequate lighting because it will strain your eyes.
- Do not overexpose your eyes to electronic media screens such as TV, computer, or iPad if possible
- Eat foods that are good for your eyes, such as carrots, limes, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, spinach, squash, oranges, guavas, and papaya.
- Exercise regularly and make healthy habits to have a stress-free life. That also helps you get healthier eyes.
There, you have discovered top 28 out of the best tips on how to get clear eyes fast and naturally without eye drops. This article aims to equip you with the necessary information to help you plan your lifestyle for better well-being and overall health. This will indirectly help you get clear, bright eyes effectively. If you have any comments about this article, feel free to leave your ideas under the entry. We appreciate and will feedback as soon as we could. For further information about other topics of “how to do something,” visit our How To Page.