People may suffer from a number of health problems during their whole lives, from simple issues such as sunburn to more serious diseases, namely heart disease. It has been concluded that it is inflammation that causes most health problems. Therefore, if you want to treat your health issues, it is a good idea to combat against inflammation first.
Modern medicines have a lot of products focusing on fighting inflammation, which ranges from acute inflammation to chronic inflammation. Acute inflammation will last in a short time; whereas chronic inflammation happens for a long time and it is more difficult for patients to recover completely.
It is said that one of the best tools to fight off inflammation does not come from the pharmacy but from the grocery stores. Studies showed that many components in foods are packed with anti-inflammatory actions. It means that you should follow an anti-inflammatory diet which contains anti-inflammatory foods.
The article below will provide you with useful information about the best foods to reduce inflammation. It is about time you read our article “18 Best Foods To Reduce Inflammation In The Body” now. Check out at TrueRemedies.com
Top 18 Effective Foods To Reduce Inflammation In The Body
1. Green Leafy Vegetables
One of the top foods to reduce inflammation is green leafy vegetables. They are ranked at the first position because of its numerous nutrients. As we all know, fresh vegetables and fruits are full of antioxidants, strengthening cellular health. They are also packed with flavonoids which carry strong anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, the vegetable is a good storage of vitamin C, vitamin A and K, relieving you from oxidative stress. Some green leafy vegetables with powerful anti-inflammatory property include kale, microgreens, broccoli, cabbage, turnip greens, etc.
TrueRemedies Partner Solutions
Need a Help from the Leading Expert Online, Available 24/7?
They’re all here and ready to answer your questions online or by phone. Keep asking questions until you get the answer you need.
Blueberries have the ability to combat inflammation in nature. They are thought to be one of the super foods in the world. Blueberries have quercetin which is responsible for fighting off inflammation. It gives a hand in reducing oxidative stress, thereby easing your inflammation.
You can eat raw blueberries or prepare the juice from them to treat your inflammation:
- Eat several raw blueberries every day.
- Wash a cup of fresh blueberries thoroughly with a cup of apple cider vinegar for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- Blend them with a blender and add a tablespoon of cane sugar which is unrefined.
- Add a cup of lemon juice and the same amount of freshwater.
- Stir the mixture well and drink a glass of it once every day.
Given with bromelain enzyme, pineapples are not only useful for treating inflammation but also strengthening your immune system. It is an excellent tool for heart attacks. Moreover, you can also enjoy a number of nutrients from pineapples, such as potassium, vitamin C, B1, antioxidants and phytonutrients. There are 2 ways of utilizing pineapples that you can follow to alleviate your inflammation:
- Eat a half ripe pineapple every day.
- Peel a ripe pineapple and cut it into small pieces.
- Blend it with a juicer.
- Add a cup of water, several drops of raw honey and enjoy yourselves.
- Do the process twice every day.
4. Fatty Fish
Instead of going for red meat to get protein, you switch to fatty fish, such as tuna, salmon, sardines, cod, etc. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which can help with inflammation reduction. As incited by a study, consuming fish rich in omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids are linked with the reductions in the incidence of a number of chronic diseases involving inflammatory processes, such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), cardiovascular diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer.
Two noticeable samples of anti-inflammatory fatty fish are salmon and sardines.
Salmon is another food that assures a great promise in reducing inflammation. It is no doubt that salmon contains a high level of fatty acids, especially omega-3 fatty acids. The acids work well to eliminate inflammation. It has been shown that many chronic health problems, including heart disease are kept under control by the acids.
Two important fatty acids, including DHA and EPA from eating salmon, give a bonus to salmon in fighting inflammation by promoting the activity of adiponectin hormone. The functions of this hormone are to boost metabolism and strengthen energy.
All you need to do is to include salmon in your daily diet.
Sardines contain a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for easing your inflammation. They will bring the same benefits as salmons. You are able to enjoy a number of nutrients from eating sardines daily. Firstly, they are full of necessary vitamins, namely vitamin A, vitamin B12, vitamin E, and vitamin K. Secondly, sardines are packed with essential minerals, including iron, proteins, potassium, etc. More especially, containing its healthy fats contributes to helping you combat against many health issues as well as boost your immunity.
5. Bone Broth
Bone broth is a powerhouse of essential minerals, such as sulphur, magnesium, etc. They also contain glucosamine as well as sulphates which are very beneficial in easing inflammation.
Here is a simple way to prepare bone broth for inflammation relief:
- Cook a pound of bones, a fresh chopped onion, 2 chopped carrots, and a small amount of celery and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar at low heat for half an hour.
- Enjoy a bow of bone broth a day.
Turmeric is also among the best foods to reduce inflammation. Owing to curcumin compound which has strong anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric has been commonly used for treating inflammation.
More specifically, it can prevent molecules which cause inflammation associated with a number of health issues. This cooking ingredient is highly beneficial for treating many other health issues, including heart disease, certain cancers, etc.
Here is all what you need to do:
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder and a glass of milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for a few minutes.
- Consume the warm mixture twice every day.
- Intake curcumin capsules based on your doctor’s advice.
Note: Don’t overuse turmeric if you are using drugs for blood-thinning.
You can utilize this cooking spice to eliminate your inflammation. Ginger contains gingerol which provides you with a strong ability to fight off inflammation. It has been commonly used to treat many health problems, including morning sickness, pain and soreness, inflammation, heart disease, etc.
There are many ways to prepare ginger at home for curing your inflammation:
- Chop a clean piece of ginger root and boil them with a cup of clean water.
- Boil the mixture for about 15 minutes at a low heat.
- Strain the tea and add some drops of raw honey.
- Drink 2 cups of the tea 2 times every day.
- Apply a small amount of ginger oil to your inflamed areas and massage for a few minutes.
- Combine 3 drops each of ginger oil and sesame oil and a small amount of cinnamon powder.
- Then, apply the mixture to your inflamed areas.
- Do a gentle massage for a few minutes.
- Do the application twice a day.
Note: You should only use a small amount of ginger because it can make your blood thin.
8. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is thought to be one of the most effective foods to reduce inflammation. Firstly, the pepper consists of capsaicinoids bearing anti-inflammatory properties, thereby relieving your inflammation. Secondly, there are a number of vitamins and essential minerals found in cayenne pepper, namely vitamin A, vitamin E, fiber, protein, magnesium, etc. So, it is clear that cayenne pepper is good for not only treating your inflammation but also boosting your immune system.
You can follow the instructions below:
- Consume capsaicin supplements every day after consulting your doctor
- Massage your inflamed areas with a purified capsaicin-containing cream. The cream should contain 0.025% to 0.075% of capsaicin.
- Boil a cup of distilled water and add a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper when it is boiling.
- Squeeze a half a fresh lemon.
- Mix them well and turn off the heat.
- Pour in the juice extracted from a half a fresh lemon.
- Allow the mixture to steep for a few minutes.
- Sip it through a day.
Garlic is an excellent solution to your inflammation. Owning its wonderful ability to combat against inflammation, garlic can reduce the severity of inflammation in a short time. It is also packed with numerous antioxidants and allicin sulfuric which carries strong anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, your inflammation can be reduced effectively.
There are 2 ways of preparing garlic for reducing inflammation as below:
- Peel 2 garlic cloves and consume them every day.
- Intake garlic capsules based on a prescription of your doctor.
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil contains oleocanthal compound which is good at inhibiting some enzymes from being produced in your body, so it puts an end to inflammation. Some studies have shown that it is beneficial in getting rid of some chronic symptoms.
Here are simple ways of treating inflammation:
- Use olive oil as cooking oil.
Note: Because of its smoke point, it is best to avoid using olive oil for high heat cooking (so no deep frying or searing). Low and medium-heat cooking is fine.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil and apply it to your inflammation.
- Massage the affected areas for a few minutes.
- Do the application 2 times per day.
Cinnamon is not only a common cooking spice but also an excellent anti-inflammatory ingredient. This cooking spice will bring you a number of antioxidants and an excellent anti-inflammatory power. Therefore, besides combating against inflammation, cinnamon is also a good solution to heart diseases, diabetes and certain types of cancers.
All you need to do is:
- Combine ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a tablespoon of raw honey.
- Pour in with a cup of lukewarm water.
- Consume the mixture once every morning when your stomach is empty.
- Sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon powder on your food.
12. Tart Cherries
Eating tart cherries every day is another effective way to treat inflammation. Cherries are full of flavonoids and anthocyanins, which help eliminate oxidative damage. This puts an end to your inflammation.
On the other hand, it also decreases the amount of protein causing inflammation. On top of that, thanks to numerous antioxidants, tart cherries also reduce impact of inflammation and pain.
Just simply prepare tart cherry juice and consume it regularly:
- Wash a cup of tart cherries and blend them.
- Pour them in a cup of water, followed by sugar
- Enjoy the juice twice a day.
Tomatoes are plentiful in lycopene, an indispensable antioxidant for the human body. Therefore, eating tomatoes contributes to preventing you from inflammation. If that were not enough to inspire you to enjoy tomatoes more often, this little food is also a source of vitamins and essential minerals, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, potassium, fiber, etc. These nutrients are powerful in boosting your immune system, helping to combat against a number of health issues.
There are 2 ways of adding tomatoes to your daily diet as below:
- Cook tomatoes or prepare them in salads every day.
- Wash 2 fresh ripe tomatoes and chop them into small slices.
- Chop several celery leaves and a fresh onion.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a teaspoon of salt.
- Add a small amount of black pepper.
- Enjoy a glass of juice every day.
14. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds act as wonderful anti-inflammatory agent. The answer falls into the presence of omega-3 fatty acids and omega-6 fatty acids in these seeds. These fatty acids work in conjunction with protein and fiber to help fight inflammation, lower blood pressure, etc. They are also equipped with antioxidants which can reduce the incident of inflammation.
You can add chia seeds to a glass of water or sprinkle them in your milk before enjoying.
Nuts are thought to be one of excellent foods to reduce inflammation. Nuts like walnuts, almonds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that can keep your heart and eyes in a good condition.
They are also rich in protein and fiber, contributing to maintaining your good immune system. You can take advantage of a variety of nuts, such as pecans, walnuts, almonds, cashews, etc in your daily meal for optimal results.
16. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are empowered with anti-inflammatory property owing to a rich content of vitamins E and C, beta carotene and carotenoids alpha. They are also bursting with minerals, namely calcium, iron and selenium. At the very least, these nutrients are crucial for the human health. On top of that, they lend sweet potatoes a hand in reducing inflammation.
The easiest way to prepare sweet potatoes for inflammation is to boil and eat them every day. You can also put several sweet potatoes in an oven and bake them for about 20 minutes before enjoying.
17. Black Beans
As indicated by studies, black beans are full of protein, fiber, as well as antioxidants. All of these nutrients help to ease your inflammation in a short time. They are also packed with essential minerals, phytonutrients and vitamins which are good for your general health. The simplest way to prepare black beans is to cook a cup of it with some water at a low temperature.
18. Red Peppers
There are 3 types of bell peppers and the red one is the healthiest one for treating inflammation. It is a good storage of beta-carotene and quercetin which are good for neutralizing free radicals – the main cause for inflammation.
There you have learnt about 18 out of best foods to reduce inflammation. Do you have any idea about this topic? If yes, feel free to drop your words below this post, we will try to give the feedback to you as soon as possible.