Both men and women have hair growing on their face. However, for women, it is very faint and often not noticeable till later in life. That is why many people think that boys have facial hair but girls do not. In teenage boys, facial hair seems to grow thick and darkens due to the impact of testosterone. It is the male sex hormone. As the body goes into puberty, the testicles of themselves start producing more testosterone, which is responsible for a lot of changes that the body undergoes. One of the changes resulted from this hormone is getting a beard.
For women, unwanted facial hair is their biggest nightmare. That is why they are continuously looking for ways to wax it. Unwanted hair growth in women is also known as hirsutism. If you have dark hair, then you are likely to be hairier than those with a lighter color or blonde hair. Despite having some facial hair is rather normal, some people seem to have coarser, thicker and abnormal hair growth on face, especially on the upper lip area.
In fact, of all the beauty treatments out there, eliminating facial hair is considered one of the least comfortable – yet it does not have to be hard as long as you opt for the right method for your preferences, needs and hair type. Many women are spending hundreds of dollars on epilators, trimmers, waxing kits, and safety razors on removing facial hair permanently. But, you do not have to do like them because there are still some natural ways to remove facial hair at home.
If you are looking for effective but easy ways on how to remove facial hair permanently at home, then you need to read this article. Here we from TrueRemedies.com will show you some of tried-and tested methods to remove ingrown facial hair, trim those whiskers, and get rid of that moustache.
How To Remove Facial Hair Permanently Fast – 32 Homemade Ways
Papayas have papain, an enzyme which breaks down hair follicles, thereby preventing them from regrowing more hairs.
Using papaya on your face can inhibit hair growth, making it much easier to keep our moustache, sideburns and chin whiskers under control. You can combine papaya with some other ingredients to get quicker results, including turmeric.
Method 1: Papaya and turmeric
- Take a spoon to scoop out several chunks of raw papaya flesh
- Add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder into and mix ingredients together by using a fork
- After having a thick paste, use your finger to apply it over your face, especially those hairy areas
- Massage gently to let the paste be absorbed into your skin and hair
- Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water
- Repeat this routine twice per week for 1-2 weeks to notice the best results
Method 2: Papaya and aloe vera
- Mix 1 tablespoons of papaya paste with 2-3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil, ½ teaspoon each of gram flour and turmeric powder
- Add 2 drops of any essential oil to that mixture
- Apply this paste over your face and wait for 15 minutes
- Rub a clean and dry cloth in the opposite direction of the hair to eradicate the paste
- Rinse it off with water, pat dry
- Use olive oil or any type of moisturizers to massage your skin
- Repeat this routine 3-4 times per day for 3 months for good results
This method is suitable for all skin types. But, do not use soap for rinsing it off.
2. How To Remove Facial Hair Permanently – Sugar
Sugar has been used for a long time for eliminated unwanted facial hair. This is a super effective and easy treatment when it comes to learning how to remove facial hair permanently.
This approach to facial hair removal gives long term benefits as the paste grabs onto shorter hair growth. Warm sugar sticks to facial hair, not the skin. Then, after it gets dried, it will rip the hair off if you remove it from your face. Besides, sugar is just slightly warmed for external application. Thus, it comes with less discomfort, unlike wax, which has been heated to higher temperature.
Also called as sugaring, this method is a combination of sugar, lemon and water. A number of recipes use honey or other ingredients, yet the basic ingredients are still natural. They do not have scientific names and could be found in your kitchen .
Sugaring could be done more frequently than waxing. The sugar paste is removed in the same direction of the hair growth, causing less discomfort and damage than waxing. Waxing may remove the top layer of skin cells along with the hair. On face, you should choose any hair removal method that causes less irritation and redness.
What you need to do is:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar with 2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, followed by 8-9 teaspoons of water
- Heat the mixture up and allow it to cool down somehow
- Apply it over your affected areas in the hair growing direction
- Wait till it dries and keep it there for 20 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water, rub in a circular motion
- Re-apply this method 3 times per week for a few weeks until you see good results
- This method is suitable for all skin types
- People with dry skin ought to avoid keeping the paste on skin for more than 20 minutes.
- Do not overheat the paste because you may be scalded.
- Do not leave it on your skin for more than 30 minutes otherwise your skin becomes dry and flaky.
- Do not get sugaring done during your menstrual period because this is time when your body is much more sensitive to pain. Besides, avoid oil-based moisturizers for 3 days prior to sugaring in order to make the process easier.
3. Egg Whites
Jam packed with protein, eggs have wonderful benefits for your skin. It provides essential nutrients for your skin to produce collagen, thereby keeping it young and strong.
Besides, egg white is rather sticky upon getting dry, so an egg white mask will stick to your facial hairs. After being ripped off, it will pluck the hair with all ruthless effectiveness of those commercial waxes.
What you have to do is:
- Mix an egg white with 1 tablespoon of regular table sugar, and ½ tablespoon of cornstarch
- Beat the combination till it is smooth and nice
- Apply it to your hair and scalp
- Leave it there till it dries
- Pull it off and apply a moisturizer instantly afterward
4. Gram Flour
This is one of little-known but effective ways on how to remove facial hair permanently without using hair removal cream. Also known as chickpea flour or besan, gram flour combined with water or other ingredients can create a face pack that not only exfoliates your skin but also removes dead skin cells as well as hair. Moreover, it also lightens your skin as well as facial hair naturally.
Green gram flour mixed with rose water evens help cure skin problem such as pimples. Alternatively, if combining it with turmeric, you will have a traditional Indian method for unwanted facial hair removal that gives fast and safe results.
What you have to do is:
Method 1: Green gram flour and rose water
- Mix 2 teaspoons of green gram flour with ½ teaspoon of rose water
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into the mixture
- Apply this paste over your face and wait for 30 minutes
- Wash your face off with water
- Repeat this routine thrice per week
Method 2: Gram flour, aloe vera and mustard oil
- Mix ¼ tablespoons each of gram flour, turmeric powder with 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of mustard oil, followed by 1 tablespoon of papaya paste and 2 drops of your chosen essential oil
- Apply this mixture on your facial skin
- Wait till it dries entirely
- Use a dry and clean cloth to scrub off that mixture gently in the opposite direction of hair growth
- Wash it off with cold water and pat dry
- Apply your moisturizer
- Repeat this routine 3-4 times per week
Method 3: Gram flour and turmeric
- Mix besan or gram flour with turmeric as the ratio of 2:1
- Add some water to have a thick paste
- Apply it over your unwanted hair and wait for 20 minutes
- Scrub off the application using your clean fingers
- Wash it off with water, pat dry
- Reapply this method thrice per week
Or, you can also use yogurt, lemon juice or milk cream as alternatives for water.
Method 4: Gram flour and almond oil
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with ½ teaspoon each of almond oil and turmeric
- Apply it over your face and wait till it dries
- Scrub it off using your wet fingers, wash it off with water
- Repeat this routine thrice per week
Method 5: Gram flour and lemon juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of lemon juice and gram flour and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- Apply it over your face and wait till it dries
- Scrub it using your fingers and wash it off with cold water
- Repeat regularly
Aside from the ingredients above, you can also combine gram flour with wheat bran, sandalwood powder for similar effects.
- Remember to steam the area prior to apply any method above to help open skin pores and make it easy to eliminate the hairs from their roots.
- Repeat those methods regularly to get desired results. Be patient to see noticeable results.
- Path test on your arms prior to using any regular treatments.
- Scrub gently because harshness might result in rashes as well as other skin issues.
5. How To Remove Facial Hair Permanently – Spearmint Tea
Excessive hair growth is usually attributed to the excessive production of androgen within your body. It also helps regulate your body’s hormone levels.
In accordance with a study conducted by Turkish researchers, it was shown that spearmint tea could be beneficial for women with hirsutism. The subjects of this study were given herbal spearmint tea two times per day for about 5 days in the follicular stage of their menstrual cycles. The follicular stage starts on the 1st day of your cycle and keeps lasting for approximately 14 days .
To know how to remove facial hair permanently using spearmint tea, take the following steps
- Take a cup of water and boil up
- Put 1 teaspoon of dried spearmint into or 4-5 fresh spearmint leaves
- Cover the container and allow it to steep for 5-10 minutes
- Strain and drink that tea
- Have it twice per day
6. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice sounds too good to be true regarding how to remove facial hair permanently, but it does. You need to combine it with honey to have an effective solution. Having sticky nature, a mask made from honey and lemon juice can eliminate fine hair from your face. Lemon juice works as an exfoliating and cleansing agent while honey can soften the hair thanks to its moisturizing and hydrating properties.
Furthermore, being an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, this mask also helps avoid skin breakout and irritation. Due to its bleaching effect, lemon juice also lightens your facial hair and skin.
Take the steps below to know how to remove facial hair permanently using lemon juice:
- Mix fresh lemon juice with honey as the ratio of 1:4
- Apply it over your face
- Remove it off after 15-20 minutes using a washcloth soaked in tepid water
- Repeat this routine twice per week for several months.